Was Katana supposed to be harder to get?

Go to solution Solved by Tristan Delaney,

This may be an indirect effect, but if anyone was looking to get the Katana skill, it just got a lot harder for them. You know? 1SP per non-quest thread. Before update it took (2+4+6+2)14 SP to get the curved sword high enough and also unlock the katana skill. Now it takes (5+8+10+5) 28 SP. This doubles the SP requirement to unlock the katana skill, let alone use it. I get that it is lore-friendly that katana unlocks after training curved sword, but for the RP it just seems kinda expensive. Especially with how hard it is to get that much SP. Assuming I did no quests, that's enough for two benchmarks to unlock katanas.

It is literally canon for it to be so. However Katana to compensate (unlike before) has now a slight edge as a bonus, in that it has a lot of powerful sword arts as both normal and with stun or AOE, as incentive.

I'll talk with the other GMs to maybe change the required amount in OHCS though.

Edited by Tristan Delaney

Yeah, it's also good they didn't go with the Hollow Fragment rules (which piss me off) where you have to MAX OUT one handed swords before you get to the two-handed skills. I am just thankful they start us off part way there.

I know that pain. Luckily I have by now maxed or near maxed every weapon though. Original Sword Skill chaining is still ridiculously hard for me though XD