PP - F2 Light of the Sword Art (Mack, Hirru) (Completed)

[ID = 31671]
[LD = 20] Hearing hidden Mobs.
[MD = 7] 6 dmg

As the two heavy hitters went in to tackle the Mountain Giant with their sword arts, something would catch Hirru's senses.  Mainly, his hearing.  The sound of bells that would signal another mob spawning nearby.  This wasn't his day, he thought as he ran towards the current threat which was stunned.  I needed to quickly warn them that there are definitely more than just this big lug out there.

"Guys be careful!  There are definitely more than this guy!"

He yelled out as a dagger flew from the trees towards Hirru which dug into his leg which was exposed to the elements.  He watched as a good amount of health was taken out.  From my hearing, I caught its position and found that it was a kobold dressed in green drab clothing, as camouflage.  It soon jumped down to greet us with a sandwiched formation between the giant and the assassin.

[Hirru = 48/54 HP] -6 hp
[Calrex = 157/158 HP]
[Mack = 65/65 HP]

[Mountain Giant 25/79 HP]
[Assassin Kobold 40/40 HP]

ID: 31743
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +2) = 2
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2) = 13 (Normal List for Mountain Giant / Non-Combat List for Assassin Kobold
Sword Art <<Vertical Square>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 24 Remaining)

"As I suspected...that kobold must have either been well-hidden or moved fast, because I didn't catch him with my Reveal skill."

As he, Mack, and Hirru were all caught in a bad positioning on both sides Calrex scanned the health bars of both monsters, "They're not high in health, so I should have a Sword Art that can take both of these guys out in one strike. Let's see..."

Swiping through the selection of skills again his eyes fell upon a lower rank art that might do the job, Vertical Square. "Alright Mack, Hirru, one I use this leap to the sides so you don't get caught in the cross fire."

Lowering his stance Calrex brought the Grand Blade low as he gave a calming breath, assuming a stance that seemed like he was ready for an rising slash. His free hand came back and rested lightly on the edge of the blade. As it made contact his sword lit alight with a light blue glow once again, "Now!"

Releasing the Sword Art he felt his body shoot forward at the mountain giant as he leapt up, delivering a slash up the creature's middle line, ending at the chin. Immediately following his body turned 180 degrees as he slashes away from the creature, as if he were trying to split the sky, cutting down the chin. As he came back down his attack continued with a falling down slash on the kobold. As his sword exited from below the attack finish as he delivered a horizontal slash, cutting as he spun back 180 degrees to where he started. With the attack complete a flash of a rhombus shape flashed in the air for a second before the two monster's dissipated into crystals.

Calrex gave a small sigh as he lowered his sword, "Alright there might be more, so stay on guard."

Loot List
Mountain Giant: 1 material + 395 col (Mob Health 79 * 5 col)
Assassin Kobold: No loot found

HP List
Hirru: 48/54
Calrex: 157/158
Mack: 65/65

Enemies:
Mountain Giant: -15/79 (-40 DMG)
Assassin Kobold: 0/40 (-40 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 31775
LD: 10 (No Mat.)

Mack was just readying himself to strike again, this time to stun the kobold that had flung its dagger at Hirru when he heard Calrex’s shouted warning. When the highest level player in Aincrad gave the signal, Mack flung himself clear out of the way and watched as Calrex dispatched first the Mountain Giant and then the Kobold, making quick work of each of the monsters with another of his sword skills. Mack had yet to test out any of his area of effect skills, and so seeing what he had to assume was one of those skills in use was a very educational experience.

“Yes, with the re-balance the hills are fairly teeming with monsters,” the massive guild master said, moving to the edge of the clearing where the trees resumed and burying the steel head of Guillotine in the nearest one, which failed to produce a crafting material. “Nice work on the giant and kobold, by the way,” he called back to Calrex. “I’d not seen one of the AoE skills in action yet, since I didn’t fully watch what you did to those wolves earlier.”

Hirru would quickly jump to the ground before rolling a few feet away.  He could feel the colossal damage from behind him as Calrex took out both without a single sweat.  That sword art seemed like the four hit straight sword combo, <<Vertical Square>>.  Something that he was able to do, but it would take up too much energy, if he was guessing the gauges output correctly.

[ID = 31816]
[LD = 10] Nothing

Trying to get a sense for anything that could be lurking near by, Hirru could feel nothing from the wind, and hear nothing else.  As Calrex was the leading soloist, Hirru trusted his word that there might be more out there.  If anything, they were on guard until something would cross their path.

"Then let's be careful on our way out.  I believe we have demonstrated enough of our new found strength, and have learned much from it.  Let's leave before something that can overwhelm us appears."

"Yeah, let's get moving back to the settlement. It looks like we all have gotten the hang of how the new Sword Arts work, and they're certainly going to come in handy in the future."

"The one-handed Sword Arts certainly seem to have a lot of variety for each rank. I guess that was intended. Mack's two-handed axe seems more focused on dealing maximum damage, which is good, but isn't exactly too helpful when having to deal with a lot of enemies at once. I wonder how polearms and other variations of swords differ. I'll probably find out the next time I fight alongside Tristan or Oikawa."

Looking back towards the settlement Calrex motioned for the others to follow, "We've got a bit of a walk ahead, but nothing we shouldn't be able to handle. If we keep our noise to a minimum I doubt any enemies will pick up on our location as easily."

ID: 32095
LD: 8

“I doubt there’s much in the forest here that could overwhelm the three of us working together, short of a massive swarm of small mobs,” Mack said, jabbing the iron butt cap of Guillotine into the soft dirt at his feet and finding nothing. Still, the massive man had found plenty enough in the way of crafting materials to be getting on with so, when Calrex announced that they should start heading back in the direction of the main settlement on the second floor there was no argument from the blonde axe man. “Lead the way, Calrex,” Mack said, abandoning his fruitless search for crafting materials in the dirt and sheathing Guillotine at his back so that the steel head of the axe protruded above his left shoulder.

"I doubt that too, but I don't want us to be the example of a 'misjudgement' case."

Hirru would say as he kept his wits about him.  The senses that he had toned during his training out in the wilds, were giving him some sense of multitasking.  Looking with his eyes; while listening to the many noises of the forest; feeling the changes in the wind.  It wasn't as if he could see through objects like Calrex, or destroy things in a single hit like Mack, but he could read nature just as well.  Well, as much of nature that this world can be.  He still couldn't smell the enemy, unless they had some kind of food item, or there was something about them that would give off a horrid smell.

Thankfully, there was nothing that he could sense.  In fact, it felt a little too nice.  The weather must have been fairly good that day.

[ID = 32358]
[LD = 1]

Edited by Hirru

Calrex gave a nod as his two companions agreed that it was time to call it a day as they arrived at the entrance to Urbus soon after. It seemed that there were no enemies in sight the entire trip back, most likely because he was able to use his <<Reveal>> skill and keep them out of detection range of any possible creatures lying in ambush, "It's too bad that this skill is really only useful in preventing an ambush. In combat there's really no usage for it. Well, it was my decision to take it, and I'm going to make full usage of it."

"Alright, we're back. Looks like that turned out to be a good training session, and it seems the Sword Arts are going to be very useful in the upcoming fights."

He put his hands in his jacket pockets after sheathing the Grand Blade, nodding to Mack and Hirru, "In any case I'd best get a move on. I've got some more errands to run and things to take care of, but I'll be catching you guys around!"

With that he gave a friendly wave before heading towards the teleportation plaza, "Alright, next place is the fourth floor..."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • Monster Loot:
    • 3 Materials (Grey Wolf 1-3, Claimed by Calrex)
    • 300 Col + 1 Material (Black Bear 2, Claimed by Hirru)
    • 395 Col + 1 Material (Mountain Giant, Claimed by Calrex)