[PP-F4] Twin Snow Angels (Emerath, Teion) - Complete!

Endilix gave a bit of a shudder in the snow, as he lay there and felt the full force of the cold on his bare skin. His fingers had started to go a bit numb, and his face and nose were completely red. But when Emerath said it was Endilix's fault, Endilix sat up and protested immediately. "Oh no! Don't you pin this on me! If you weren't such a stubborn, pig-headed, ungrateful and anti-social-" he pointed at Emerath, before pausing and looking over at his friend on her knees in the snow. He then looked back to Emerath, and started to stand up, brushing the loose snow from his body. He held a hand out to Teion. "I'm sorry, let me help you up."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Stooop!" Teion whined as the brothers both tried getting in a last jab. "I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it." She pouted. As Endilix offered his hand to her she scowled for half a second, still disapproving their childishness. She eventually accepted his offer, helping to pull herself up and she brushed herself off, ruffling the clumps of snow from her hair. "Well, it looks like you two found each other." She said lamely, not sure if she wanted to find out what trivial thing she assumed they starting fighting about. Trying to think of something else to say, she was about to make a comment on Emerath's shop, remembering why she came out here in the first place. She reconsidered though, finding herself shivering from the cold again. "Why don't we find somewhere indoors to talk?" She suggested with a light sigh. 'At least both of them are okay...And together.' She thought with relief. Despite their quarreling, she knew it was better for them to be together, especially in this death game.

Emerath looked a bit sheepish as Teion scolded the brothers, and quickly hopped on the idea of going inside to talk. Emerath pointed at the door to his shop, and pulled out his keys, "We can go to my shop. You came here to see it anyway I believe. No better time than the present, or so they say." Emerath was happy to move on from the entire ordeal. He was never one to deny that him and his brother's quibbles were always rather pointless in the end. At least this time they had a friend to sort it out.

"I'll light up a fire and heat up some tea for us to warm up with," he said, as he unlocked the door and pushed it open for his companions.

Endilix was still a bit upset from the entire ordeal, but he was happy to see a familiar face besides his brother's. "So, I didn't realize that you would be here," he said, attempting to move past the conflict in his own way. It was put so matter-of-factly, almost as if Endilix didn't want to believe it was true. Another person I may need to protect and put my life on the line for. Endilix almost wished she weren't in the game. That she were out at work, living through another day with their overbearing boss.

Endilix sighed as he looked at the struggle played out in the snow. Most of it was just tossed around snow, but one specific instance of the brothers rolling around looked almost like snow angels that kids would make. Twin snow angels... Endilix thought to himself as he looked at the indentations in the snow. We really shouldn't have been fighting. It's too dangerous here to be bickering over stupid things.

Endilix ran a foot through the snow angels, erasing their existence, before moving towards the shop that Emerath owned and heading inside.

"Mm, sounds good." Teion agreed at Emerath's proposal, heading over to move inside of the shop. "Although I swear you picked the worst climate." She teased, but the idea of tea and a warm fire sounded wonderful. She wandered inside and surveyed the space, admiring the decor. Teion pulled up a chair and leaned back, crossing her legs and giving a comfortable sigh. She turned her head towards the doorway, brushing off Endilix's comment with a confident grin. "What, you're not worried about me, are you?" She teased him as well, hoping to ease his mind. She knew these two blockheads would be worrying themselves sick over each other--she didn't want to trouble them any more. She flipped her violet hair over her shoulder with a smirk, bringing her attention back to her surroundings.

"So how's the shop? Made anything cool lately?" She asked Emerath curiously. She wondered if the store's layout was pre-designed like this or how much customization he was able to have with the place. She felt eager to get her blacksmithing shop started, and decided to comment, "If you guys need any weapons or heavy armor, I'll send you a message once I've got my place set up. I believe at higher levels, I'll be able to make tools for other professions, too!" She stretched her arms over her head when she finished speaking.

Emerath had been taking the time to set the fire in the store and warm the place up from the chilly night air. He had also started the burner under one of his pots of tea, and when warm he had placed it on the bar along with some tea cups. He smiled at Teion as she came in, and her brother not too far behind her. He motioned for the two to take a seat as he walked over to a display case containing a golden sparkling potion to answer Teion's question. "This is honestly the best thing I've made so far. I called it Golden Heart. It restores 55 HP to the drinker. I'm shocked that I managed to make it at my skill level, but I did, and I'm proud of that much. Someday I'll make more...."

Emerath faded off a bit at the end, as he perked up at the idea of Teion making tools, "That would be great!" he said in response, "As it... uh, turns out. I managed to melt glass all over some of my tools recently. I could use an upgrade."

Endilix stepped into the steadily warming shop and brushed as much more snow from him and his clothes as he could, though most of it was melted through and damp at this point. He picked a spot as close to the fire as possible to try to get feeling back in his hands and feet. He picked up some tea and took a sip. It wasn't great, and it was obvious that it was some bland stuff that some NPC had made. But Endilix shrugged, it was warm, and it was better than nothing.

"This is a very nice shop, Er- Emerath." he said, catching himself and switching to his brother's in game name. He congratulated Emerath on his great craft and thought to himself about how he was hopeful that he could create great things like his brother. He wondered how many customers Emerath actually got. The shelves weren't completely stocked, and it was hard to tell if that was because of many customers or a lack of crafting.

Endilix relaxed on the bar stool and leaned over the bar, looking over at Teion, "I'd probably be interested in a good set of heavy armor and a nice war hammer. I'll pay, of course. Once I can make some good money."

As Emerath set everything up, Teion poured herself a cup of tea and sat back in her chair. She sipped at it slowly as he showed off his creation. Her eyes widened a bit in surprise. "Wow, that's really good!" She was impressed at the potion's potency--compared to her own health pool, that was probably a creation higher-level players could easily make use of. "Well, I'm glad things seem to be off to a good start." As Endilix entered the shop behind her and got comfortable, she held back a chuckle when Emerath spoke again, mentioned he had messed up his tools. "Ahh, if I remember right, tools are made at higher levels. I'll be happy to make you some after I get some experience under my belt." She grinned, still eager to get started.

She looked over at Endilix as he joined in the conversation. "Hmm, I'll have to give you guys some kind of VIP discount." She joked at the name, although she didn't intend to charge them full price for anything. She assumed, or at least hoped, the three of them would be partying together sometime, or at least helping one another out on occasion. Now that the brothers had been reunited, she figured they would probably be sticking pretty close to each other. Teion started wondering if they would end up going separate ways...

As if to distract herself from her own thoughts, Teion spoke up again. "So what about you?" She directed her attention back to Endilix. "Have you started a profession or anything?" Of course his own business was practically right next door, Teion had no idea of that or anything else he'd been up to since starting the game.

When Emerath was done showing off, he eased into a chair near the bar. He pulled out some of his order sheets from a nearby filing box that he had, and passed them out to his companions, "If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to let me know. Depending on how long it would take to make it, or if it's just general stuff, it'll be free or at least discounted, same as you would do for me." He smiled at the two of them and then began to sip his own tea with a warm sigh as all the chill left his body. Emerath looked to his brother in response to Teion's question. He did know that Endilix had managed to set up a shop nearby, but had no idea what he had decided to do or what was in it, so he was also interested in the answer his brother gave.

Endilix was a bit nervous because his brother seemed to have such a great head start in terms of professions, and so when he was asked about his own profession, he turned a bit red and crossed his arms as he sank into his chair by the fire. "Well, I mean. I'm gonna try and cook. I don't know if I can make things as good as that potion, but I'll certainly try." Endilix looked at the two of them and accepted the order sheets from Emerath, stuffing them in his inventory to perhaps notate a request for something later. "And as Emerath already knows, my shop is right next door. What kind of a coincidence is that, eh?" 

"Well, I should definitely pick up some basic health potions, if you have anything like that. I wouldn't mind keeping a damage or accuracy potion on me for use in a pinch, either." Teion mused, wondering how much stuff like that normally cost. She had saved up a bit of Col, but for all she knew, potions went for a gross amount. She hadn't really looked much at other shops, either, so she wasn't sure what a lot of things cost, know that she thought about it. "Ah, cooking?" Teion turned her attention to Endilix again, "They have all kinds of professions here, huh?" She put her finger to her chin. As Endilix seemed doubtful of himself, Teion smiled. "I'm sure we're all going to screw up a lot before we make anything really good." She grinned slightly, imagining herself crafting a bent, rusty old dagger. That would probably happen a lot while she got used to the skill, so she might as well not get her hopes up too high. As he mentioned his shop being right next door, she chuckled. "I guess you two were fated to meet after all." She joked, although part of her thought there would always be some kind of force drawing the two brothers together.

Emerath gave a chuckle at Teion, "Ah, how I wish I could actually craft a whole bunch of potions for you to use. Unfortunately, what you see is what I have. Most of it doesn't even provide stat bonuses. It's all flavor and vanity stuff. Simple medicines, stuff like that." Emerath sighed. "Someday I'll make the good stuff." He kicked his feet up onto the bar as he sipped his tea, and he let the warmth take him away. Emerath was actually very sleepy, and a part of him was considering just staying in his shop tonight, in the company of his companions. He would be warm with friendship, and in the safety of a place he owned and ran. It would be a good feeling.

Endilix listened intently to the conversation, and despite what Teion said he still wasn't sure of himself. He wasn't even sure if he actually wanted to run his shop at this point. It was so much work. Endilix considered the fact that while his brother's place was here in his lab, Endilix's place may have been in the field. He gave a sigh and poured himself some more of the warm tea, and dropped in a few sugars and some cream to make it tolerable. He never could drink the stuff straight like his brother. Finally, Endilix broached the topic at hand, pushing away the thoughts that clouded his thinking. "So, Teion, I know what Emerath likes. I want to make a bar and serve drinks. What is your favorite kind of drink? If I don't make anything besides tea, I'm only going to have one customer, and that will be my brother!" he finished with a chuckle, trying to lighten his own mood.

Teion laughed, knowing Endilix's statement was too true. She responded to Emerath first, "Well, whenever you can start making things like that, I'll definitely become a frequent customer. Do you have any of those rewards cards?" She asked jokingly. "Besides, I know I probably won't be able to make anything useful for a while. I've gotta grind out the low-level stuff and make twenty shortswords before I get to make anything cool." She chuckled again.

"Hmm, my favorite drink?" Teion had to think it over before answering. "Well I'm not much for alcohol, but probably something sweet. With strawberries!" She smiled with a content nod, taking another sip of her tea.

Emerath couldn't help but chuckle at Teion's comment about a rewards card. "You know, that isn't actually a bad idea. I'll certainly consider it when this business grows. It's all an ongoing process. I have faith that I'll even start seeing customers soon!" He sat up and shook his head to try and shake off the sleep he had been feeling sitting there. He stretched and gave a yawn before asking, "Where do you think you'll even be setting up shop at, Teion? Have you given it much thought or picked out a location? And what about a name? A good forge has to have a good name. It's a rule for any shop, really."

Edited by Emerath

Endilix considered what Teion said, as it was his turn to sink back into his chair and get lost in thought like Emerath had just done. He wondered what he could make with strawberries that wouldn't be alcoholic but still good. Strawberry juice wasn't unheard of, but it certainly wasn't common, and Endilix wasn't sure he was quite skilled enough to make something like that. He pondered over it for a moment before he had an idea, "Hm, Teion? How about strawberry lemonade? Do you think that'd be a good drink? I can certainly try it when I start crafting things if you're interested!"

'Strawberry lemonade...' Teion's eyes lit up at the thought. "That sounds good!" She said, excited at the thought of having "real" food and drinks here. She started to miss the real world, but only for a moment before nodding her head. "I'll have to taste test it." She commented, looking forward to the thought.

"Hmm..." She mumbled when Emerath mentioned the setting up of her store. "I was thinking the desert landscape of the fifth floor was appropriate." She was apprehensive about traveling that far already, but if it was only to set up a shop in town, it should be fine. "As far as a name... I hadn't really thought of anything yet."

Emerath rubbed his chin as he considered that she had no idea what to name her shop. A few silly thoughts ran through his mind, but nothing really noteworthy. Emerath frowned, feeling like a failure. "It's weird. I knew exactly what to call my shop. But I can't even come up with anything for yours. There's a few cool ideas, but they also sound so generic. I would want to give you something flashy! Something to draw in the crowd and make them say, 'That Teion came up with a great name for her store!' and stuff." Emerath shrugged, as he stood and started to clean up the tea cups of the patrons in his shop, his own included. He went ahead and dumped the dirty dishes in his lab for now, for later cleaning when he didn't have guests. As he walked back out he said, "But hey, if I think of something good, I'll definitely PM it to you. Hopefully it's before you actually make the shop!"

Endilix was now very excited at the prospect of making strawberry lemonade for Teion, despite that he was so tired. He almost wanted to start trying to craft some tonight, but tonight wasn't the night for it. Tonight he needed to sleep. Endilix gave a yawn and a stretch as Emerath came by to clean up the tea cups and stuff. He thanked his brother and then stood up. He did another large stretch with a groan as he mulled over the conversation about names. "I'm pretty much in the same boat as Emerath, really. I wish I could be of better help there. At least he has ideas. I'm pretty sure I'd just think of something dumb." Endilix gave a chuckle and smiled at Teion. "Anyway, I'm going to get out of here. May as well just crash on the couch in my bar at this point. I'll be sure to message you when I whip up that strawberry lemonade." He walked over and gave Teion a hug, and then did the same for his brother, having almost entirely forgotten the silly wrestling match they had in the snow.

He thanked his brother and said his farewells, as he made his way for next door, Emerath's shop door giving a small bell ring as he exited.

Teion gave a light sigh and shrugged. "I'm sure I'll come up with something good. I'll probably let you know before I actually start it up." She couldn't help stretching her arms over her head as well, catching the contagious yawn. "Well, thanks for letting me check the place out. I'm glad you two finally ran into each other." She smiled, trailing behind Endilix as he headed for the door. "I'll be getting out of here, too. Tomorrow I'll hopefully be scouting out a good place to set up shop." She grinned, giving the boys a wave goodbye. With that, she exited the shop and made her way back to the first floor for the night.