[PP-F4] Twin Snow Angels (Emerath, Teion) - Complete!

Endilix had finally finished putting up the finishing touches on his new bar. He was thankful that the game made it so easy to run a storefront. It never would have been so simple in real life. But he supposed that's what video games were for anyway, living dreams you could never do in the real world. Endilix looked around at the newly stocked bar and all the trappings that came with it. It wasn't an inn, there were no rooms. But there were plenty of things for patrons to do, including bar games, some game tables, and of course gambling. Endilix was satisfied, even though he wasn't even entirely sure he could cook something yet. Things were off to a great start.

It was getting dark though, and Endilix thought it might be time to head to his rented room at the nearby inn. He grabbed his coat, hat and scarf, and draped them over his body as he made his way out into the cold chill of the snowy floor. He pulled his keys from his pocket, still shiny and new, as he pushed the correct key into the keyhole and turned it with a soft click. He gave a happy sigh. Tomorrow he started to cook. But for now, he was on his way to a warm, cozy bed.

Edited by Endilix
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerath hadn't actually been doing much in his shop as of late. He had been faffing about, cleaning this, dabbling in that. He hadn't seen any customers except for the occasional NPC poking their head in and then realizing that they had no script for the location. At least, that's what Emerath assumed. Either that or it was very shy players. Emerath had spent yet another day mucking about and doing nothing when he realized that it was getting late.

He sighed, having wasted yet another day not actually making anything since the fiasco with the melted glass. He was still upset at himself for that, and he just couldn't bring himself to clean it up and start work again. He buttoned up the coat of his suit jacket and straightened his tie. He grabbed a scarf from the nearby hat rack and wrapped it around his face to shield it from the cold. He was already wearing a nice pair of white gloves and while not super thick they kept a decent amount of the cold out.

He pushed his way out of the alchemy lab with a soft creak of the door, and pulled the keys out of his pocket. He locked the door with a satisfying click and turned to walk towards the inn that he made his temporary home until he could afford a house. And that was when he saw a man standing nearby, fumbling with his keys and locking the storefront next door. He stopped in his tracks.

Green eyes. Red hair poking out from beneath a beanie. Facial features strikingly similar to mine. A smaller height and thin build. No...

Edited by Emerath

Endilix had been standing there fiddling with his keys, not exactly sure which one went to where yet. It was a new shop after all. Finally, he huffed in frustration and figured that the deadbolt was good enough. It's not like it was stocked and he had all the time in the world later to figure out how to lock his front door. Sometime later when it wasn't freezing outside and almost dark. Although he figured given the way the floor was, the freezing outside part might not actually go away anytime soon.

That was about when Endilix noticed the man staring at him out of the corner of his eye. He quickly stuffed the keys in his inventory and gave the man no more than an initial passing glance before starting to head on his way to the inn. But something caught in his mind, and he couldn't help but do a double take at the man.

Suit and tie, red hair flowing freely in the wind. Thin, but short. Emerald green eyes. It's an illusion. There's no way...

Emerath had just been standing there staring at the man when he turned and noticed him. He had initially regarded Emerath and then turned away, but then turned back. That gave Emerath even more pause. Did he just... recognize me? He saw the man's eyes scan him and he did the same in return. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Emerath shook his head and tried his best to smile. "If this is some sort of a joke, glitch, or spell, it's a damn good one. Either that, or you are actually Dael. Teion, that had better not be you messing with me using some fancy glamour or something."

Endilix had just been standing there, having a stare-down with the man, unsure if he should accept that it was a real person or not. Finally, the man spoke, and not only that but spoke his real name. He had also mentioned Teion. The name was familiar, and then remembered that his co-worker always played games using that name. Is she in the game too? Or is this just some elaborate trick to get me killed by an orange guild? Endilix remained unconvinced that it was, in fact, his brother standing in front of him. Sure, the man could know who he was, and who is friends were. But he couldn't just say that and prove that he is who he is. But there was a way to be sure. Endilix took a bit of a defensive posture. Despite that it is a safe zone, he didn't want to be unprepared for any tricks should this go badly.

"Eru, if that really is you. Who is older?"

Emerath frowned. That certainly wasn't the reply he was expecting after what could have been a happy reunion. Emerath took note of the defensive posture and tone of voice he was receiving and his frown deepened. He had no doubt it was actually Dael standing before him, but he supposed his brother always was the cautious one. He sighed, giving into the question, not really seeing any other way to convince Dael that he was who he was.

"I'm about forty minutes older. If I remember correctly, our mother told me that you were too busy enjoying the extra space to come join me in the crib. Now, that out of the way, is this any way to greet your brother?"

Endilix crossed his arms in response to Emerath's question, but the defensive posture had notably melted away in light of what Emerath said. Endilix shook his head, and then began to laugh uncontrollably. After a few moments of this, Endilix calmed down and wiped away a tear from his eye. "Well, that settles it. It's definitely you, Eru. You never could admit that I was older than you. You were the one who was forty minutes late, after getting your massive head stuck on the way out." Endilix relaxed a bit more as he took a step towards his brother, "So is it true what you said? Is Teion really also in the game?"

Edited by Endilix

Emerath's frown deepended as much as it could when Endilix began to laugh, though one could argue that it somehow went deepened even more when his brother returned with a jape. "Our heads are the exact same size! How could you possibly say that I was late because of that! If you weren't, I wasn't." Emerath folded his arms over his chest and gave a defiant huff. "Besides, I'm definitely older. You just got distracted too easily, even as a baby."

The brothers never could agree on which was actually older. This was mostly their father's fault, as he had told both boys that each was the older one and was one of only two people who knew the truth of the matter, but never said even after all these years.

Emerath looked away from his brother, who was now on the approach, "And it figures. You see your brother after all the time, and the first question you ask is about a girl."

Endilix continued his approach to his brother and rolled his eyes at the response he got. "Alright, fine, crybaby. Where have you been all this time? Is that a better question?" Endilix was now within arm's length of his brother, who was still not paying attention to him anymore, instead looking off into the distance defiantly. Endilix poked him in the chest, "And what's with the fancy new duds? You can't already be some rich tycoon in this game. You were always good, but you can't be that good."

Emerath registered Endilix's latest questions, but decided to continue to stare defiantly into the distance until he felt that his point had been made. He slowly turned his head back to his brother, a glimmer in his eye, "Yeah, what if I am some rich tycoon, hm? While you've probably been off gallivanting in Never Never Land, I've been busy here, turning this place into a thriving business." Emerath couldn't bring himself to admit that he hadn't gotten a single customer. His brother didn't need to know that part, not yet.

"Besides," Emerath poked his brother back, "Where have you been, hm? I don't change my name, Mister I-Have-To-Name-Myself-Something-Different-Every-MMO. You should have contacted me sooner. My name is Emerath. Like every other game!"

Endilix was a bit taken back by the last remark that Emerath made. Suddenly, the bravado left him, and he sulked a bit. "I suppose I should've thought of that... but I guess I was just scared. What if I put your name in and you were dead or something? I don't think I could've lived with myself knowing that. A part of me just wanted to find you to confirm it with my own eyes rather than see you as just some name on a screen. I had hoped you would find me!" Suddenly, Endilix was fired up again, his fist raised and an angry look on his face, "And what is that supposed to mean anyway? So what if I change my name?! I like to be different and original, Mister I-Only-Want-To-Be-Successful-And-Forgets-His-Brother-Exists!"

It was a stupid comeback, and Emerath and Endilix both knew it. But it still made Emerath bristle anyway, and the man stuck his hands out and gave his brother a shove. "What's that supposed to mean? If I didn't have to support your sorry hide I wouldn't have to strive to be so successful!" Emerath was fired up now too, and he wasn't about to have Endilix's sass, not when so much was on the line. "We need to work together, and if that means I become rich and powerful just so you can stay alive, then that's what I'm going to do!"

Endilix growled in response, "Excuse me?! Your sorry behind is the one that needs support! If I didn't take the time to drag you away from your books, and money, and video games, you wouldn't even realize that the world existed. You'd just sit in the house studying or playing video games. At least I have a social life. I protect you by making you realize that people care!"

Endilix shoved his brother back, a bit harder than he had intended, "Don't you think I realize what's at stake here? I was afraid you were already dead! But now I can protect you!" Endilix shoved again in his frustration, this time even harder.

Emerath stood up against Endilix shoving him, until his brother managed to push him over a slippery patch of ice. That was when Emerath lost his footing, and went falling backwards into the snow. He gave a cry of pain as he landed, and sat up, his suit covered in snow. He looked up at Endilix and gave a scowl, motioning to himself, "You call this protecting? Shoving me to the ground and telling me what's wrong with me? Making me feel bad about myself? That isn't protection! You're just jealous that I'm more successful than you!"

And suddenly, Emerath had leapt back to his feet, and was coming at Endilix with a tackle.

Before Endilix had time to react or retort, he was flat on his back in the snow, with his brother sitting on top of him. He grunted and grabbed Emerath by the shoulders and tried to push him off, but Emerath would not budge. He wrapped his arms around his waist and attempted to do a counter tackle. The problem was, since the city was a safe zone, there was nothing Endilix could do that would actually cause damage to his brother, making using too much force impossible. He grunted again and gave a heave to the man on top of him, which pretty much just resulted in the two of them rolling around wildly in the snow.

Teion shivered as the cold wind swirled around her. She was holding her arms, trudging along in the snow-covered city of the fourth floor. Night was starting to fall, and she simultaneously cursed Emerath and herself. Emerath for making a store on what she personally thought was the most inhospitable floor she was sure this game could imagine, and herself for agreeing to come check it out. She was intrigued, and interested to see how Emerath had started his Alchemy shop. 'I wonder if it could give me any good ideas for a shop of my own...' She was still eager to start her blacksmithing shop, although she was now immediately ruling out the fourth floor as a possible place of business.

Teion frowned as she saw her breath in puffs of smoke. If she had known the game would have weather like this, she would've parted with the Col to pick up a coat or something. She sighed as she got closer towards the part of town Emerath had instructed her to find the shop. 'I hope this was worth it. And I hope I'm not too late...' She regretted putting off her visit until later in the day, starting to fear he'd already closed up by now.

Through the biting wind, Teion squinted at a building not far in the distance, determining she'd found the right place. As she approached, she soon made out a couple of figures--what looked to be two men speaking--in between two of the shops. She paid them no mind until she thought she saw one of them push the other. She squinted again, trying to make out the situation, as the one who fell tackled the other. Teion stopped for a moment, confused and surprised at the isolated brawl, unsure of how to react. She felt a moment of indecision before deciding she should at least try to stop any fighting--the two idiots would only end up exhausting themselves in the cold night. She increased her pace to run up to the two figures as they began thrashing about in the piles of snow. "Hey!" She called, standing just far enough away not to get caught in a cross-fire. "What are you two doing? You're in a safe zone--you'll both die from cold damage before you'll actually hurt each other!" Her voice shook just a bit at the end as she shivered from the cold. In reaction, she took her arms in her hands again, huffing as she hoped she wouldn't have to get involved any further.

Emerath had been the latest one in the struggle to get the upper hand when Teion had approached them. He was straddling his brother, his palm pressed firmly against Endilix's cheek, rubbing his face into the snow. He looked over at the girl standing in the snow, her breath puffing in the cold night air. Emerath must've looked a sight as he paused to register that it was Teion. His hair was a tangle, and his scarf was wrapped firmly around his head, in all the wrong ways. Emerath's tie flapped wildly in the chilly wind. Finally, Emerath squinted at the girl and said, "Teion?"

Endilix took the momentary pause in Emerath's struggle to flip things around and pin his brother to the ground. He held the scarf tightly and was now the one pushing Emerath's face into the snow. "Haha! Got you!" he shouted, before he registered the reason for his brother's pause and looked over at the girl standing there in the snow. Endilix didn't look much better than Emerath did, in terms of how tousled his hair was and his clothes being all over the place. His beanie had been lost somewhere in the snow and his coat had been thrown off in a rage. "Wait, Teion?" he asked, confused, as he continued to pin Emerath down in the snow.

Edited by Endilix

Teion grimaced as the two men were rolling around in the unpleasant weather. When one of them seemed to recognize her, she was taken aback for a moment but looked a bit closer to realize the disheveled person before her was Emerath. "Er-Emerath?!" She exclaimed, both surprised to see him here like this, and still not quite used to using their in-game names face-to-face. "What're you--" Her eyes narrowed as she was about to thoroughly grill him for getting in a fist-fight before his opponent caught him off guard. Teion stopped, flustered and still not sure how to get the two to stop fighting. As she registered the familiar red hair and caught a glimpse of another pair of green eyes, her eyes widened in slow realization. "Dael!?" Teion exclaimed simply. She took in the scene before her: Dael practically sitting on Eru as the two were probably in the middle of a ridiculous wrestling match. 'What on Earth are they fighting about?!' She thought in frustration.

As if out of instinct, she suddenly ignored the cold and quickly grabbed Endilix's shoulders, pulling him backwards to separate the brothers. In doing so, she lost her footing on the slick ground and fell back, effectively covering herself in snow as well. She wriggled herself free and pushed herself up on her knees, still in a bit of shock. As if remembering her anger, she threw her hands up, splashing clumps of snow at the both of them. "You couldn't fight about something stupid in a sunny field or calm meadow, could you?" She ranted as her body registered the cold again.

After having his brother ripped off of him by their friend, Emerath sat up and brushed snow off of his suit jacket, rather pointlessly. He shrugged and straightened up his suit jacket, and properly put his tie back in front of him rather than having it flap wildly over his shoulder. He pulled his scarf off his face, or at least attempted to at first. Though the more he pulled, the tighter it seemed to get, before he finally wound up actually ripping it from his head forcefully. This rendered the scarf's durability to zero, and it ended up exploding in Emerath's face in a shower of pixelated lights. He sighed and slowly made his way to his feet, and actually made a difference when he brushed the snow from his clothes. Though now due to the snow melting against his body heat, he was a bit damp and started to shiver a bit.

"Uh, sorry Teion. Sorry you had to see that," he said as he looked to Endilix, still laying in the snow. "He started it," Emerath added.