(F11-OP) Unfinished Business: Jomei v. Lowenthal

Piera blinked in surprise when she saw the 'WINNER' banner pop up over Jomei's head before shaking hers, smiling sympathetically at her two friends. She was pretty sure she didn't even know two better friends even in the real world. Lowenthal seemed particularly interested in their spectator Azide, asking him what brought him here before mentioning that he hadn't heard of him before. Said spectator eluded that something kept him 'away' until recently before quipping that he loved long walks on the beach. The brunette couldn't hold back an eyeroll at that, though it was accompanied with an amused smile. It became a bit thin though when she saw how tense Lowenthal still was. She thought perhaps he did recognize or know of Azide until he reiterated that he didn't. Was their guild leader just being distrustful or was there reason behind it? "Maybe he came to buy something?" She suggested, referencing her friend's tailoring shop. Piera walked over closer to Jomei to clap him on the shoulder as he stood, helping him dust the sand off of his form and face. "You'll get 'im next time for sure." She encouraged her ginger friend before giggling at Lowenthal's comparison. "He sure seems to have you beat in speed and evasion. It was really fun to watch."

"And from the look of your friend, it was looking like an Irish jig, more specifically," remarked the young man, glancing at the back of his hand. He lifted his eyes back up to meet those of the man called Lowenthal. Placing a hand against his hip, he lifted the other and gestured in a wide arc to the trio before him. "If my being here has done anything to cause you unease, please take comfort in the fact that numbers are not on my side today." It was a mystery to him whether or not the man was aware of the defensiveness which he projected; there was a sense of distrust embedded in the way folded his arms, as if in an effort to guard himself. Perhaps Lowenthal was the type that wore his heart on his sleeve. Or perhaps he intended to send a message of sorts.

Azide turned his head and squinted as he took casual note of the sign which hung above the wooden shack behind him. "It's like she said, I only came here with the intention on checking out the lovely Albatross and Finch. Just think of me as a humble tourist."

Edited by Azide

Lowenthal raised his eyebrows. "Well, then. Why didn't you say so?" Lowenthal said, laughing and rubbing the back of his head. "And here I was thinking that you were an assassin or something. When business slows to a crawl, you forgot you even have a shop." Lowenthal said, laughing. Lowenthal rubbed the back of his head, in embaresment. He had totally forgotten that he had a store, and instead of asking people what they were doing, he assumed and made a judgement call. A thing he hated when people did it to him in regards of his orange marker. "I apologize." Lowenthal said allowed. "Things have been tense the last few days, and I'm a little strung up." He explained further.

He chuckled, "Thanks Piera. I appreciate it, but I think I'm going to need a lot more training if I'm to get to Lowe's level again.." Jomei stood next to Lowenthal with his hands in his pockets. He looked over at Azide as he spoke about a situation that had occurred and his return to civilization. This seemed to be an ongoing trend.. players isolating themselves for various reasons all across SAO. Were it just to get away from people? Maybe even because they would feel safer without the risk of being killed by a mob or another player. Or, of course as Azide pointed out, some event could cause the situation as well. Nonetheless, he had been away for awhile. He could notice the tension in Lowenthal's voice, something was putting him off about Azide being here and it was causing him to keep on his guard. He could not blame him.. they had never met this man before, but he seemed to know his stuff and be somewhat of a veteran. Finally, the man stated they had nothing to worry about, and that he merely came to this beach to check out Lowenthal's shop. The mention of his clothing store immediately released the tension, and his voice became much friendlier. Jomei shook his head and pat Lowenthal on the back with a smirk, "Aye lad, relax. I'm sure Azide here would never try something like that.. Especially since it would be three against one." 

Piera shook her head with a half smile at Azide's terrible pun. Glancing at Jomei as he thanked her she shrugged. "I know you can do it. You're just as hard working as he is. If not more so." She teased their leader with a smile. The newcomer's reassurances that he wouldn't have a chance with three against one didn't do much for her as it was more like two and a half versus one, though still in their favor assuming he wasn't a vastly higher level than Lowenthal. The alchemist relaxed somewhat as he agreed that he was here for the Albatross and Finch, smiling at Lowenthal's mention that he forgot he had a shop sometimes. "No wonder you don't get as much business. Besides being on the highest floor available that is." His apology warmed her a little, glad to see that he could still chat amicably with friendly strangers. She'd always thought of Lowe as a goofy friendly guy, but lately... "Well then, should we take this into your shop?" She asked the tailor and possible customer.

A flicker of amusement twinkled across the solo player's eyes, and he looked down and shook his head softly. With a sigh, he lifted his head to return Lowenthal's steady gaze. "If I were actually some sort of bounty hunter or misguided vigilante, I suppose I would have to be a little insulted right now." Azide chuckled as he scrolled through the in-game menu with a fluidity indicative of great familiarity. Within the next instant, the sleek blade sheathed at his hip glowed momentarily white before flickering into nothingness. 

It was a somewhat pointless gesture on paper- his proficiency with the rapier had taken a devastating plunge in the last five months or so, and would serve him little in a fight. On the other hand, he could only guess that this was not common knowledge, and would be interpreted only as a gesture of goodwill in practice.

"It would take something of a fool to miss some of the more obvious openings. For example, an actually assassin might've experimented with striking just before the end of the duel- after you'd been softened up by Jomei here. Or perhaps he would've simply waited until after the other members of guild your guild had left."

Azide raised his hands, showing the group that he had not been palming a very small knife. "In any case, no harm done." He smiled, and offered the orange player a handshake. 

Turning Piera, he nodded simply. "I think that sounds like a fine idea." Perhaps he would find something of use in this shop, whatever it happened to sell. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lowenthal heard a ping from his menu. "Ah, damn." He opened the message and read it carefully. Lowenthal let out a small sigh, and closed his menu. "Sorry guys, but I've got a date to get to it seems." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. He had completely forgotten, and he could only hope that his date wouldn't be too mad at him. "So, you guys enjoy you're time here. I've gotta go." And with that, Lowenthal left. Leaving the three on the beach behind him. 

Thread Complete
1SP for all
100Col each