[PP-F4] The Day After - COMPLETE!!

"I want," Mack began, just as the door opened and Piera was readmitted to the room. Rather abruptly, Mack shut his mouth though he did look Opal in the eyes and then shoot a pointed look at Piera before offering the barest shadow of a wink to try and communicate to Opal that what he wanted was for the shapely alchemist to get him a date with Piera. On a whim, he also shrugged his massive shoulders and tried to make it clear to Opal that he wouldn't object to a neck and shoulder massage either. It couldn't hurt to try, right? "I'll tell you later," the blonde man said at last, producing the boot and then lofting it across the room in Opal's direction as Piera crossed the room and set down the tray loaded with food at the foot of the bed.

"I don't recall you complaining about my lack of shirt last night," Mack said at last, crossing his arms over his chest as he sat up properly in the bed with an actual pillow at his back, which caused the blankets to fall and pool around his still perfectly clothed waist. "Not that I recall much from last night... but I think you're the one that removed the shirt in the first place," the blonde man continued in a low tone, searching the room with his grey eyes for his shirt. "Ah, Shirosu, if you wouldn't mind it's over by you," Mack said, pointing at the ground near the silver haired woman's chair. Once she'd tossed the garment to him, he pulled it on over his head just as Chewie bolted out the chair and tore off after Gin. If the fox got bacon then he got bacon even if he had to take the fox's bacon.

That done, Mack flopped on his stomach on the bed and began making himself up a plate for breakfast, piling it high with pancakes and fried eggs. He'd need all that bread to sop up the alcohol still swimming around in his stomach. He also pulled up his inventory and produced a properly sized tea mug, filling it to a quarter of the way with cream before topping it off with tea and plenty of sugar to make the closest approximation to chai tea that had yet been discovered in Aincrad. Sitting back up at the foot of his bed with his legs crossed the massive man, his bulging arms still bare, Mack began to plow his way through the plate that was piled high with food as Chewie set all four of his feet and bawled a grizzly cub challenge at Gin.

Her dark eyes narrowed as Mack didn't finish his thought just as Piera walked in with a tray of food and beverages. The woman took a few steps away from the aroma of the food and almost gagged and shook her head back and forth, which rattled her brain and ignited the headache in her head again. "Ugh...No, thanks. You can have my serving, guys..." she said sitting down in a chair and catching the boot, almost dropping it to the ground. She placed it on and felt whole again, whisking her jacket around her body tighter to keep the cold out but the warmth of the fireplace was now doing a good job of keeping the occupants warm. 

"Of course Alchemists would be able to make a hangover cure..." Opal said not in a sarcastic way, but more of the irony of it all.She placed a hand on her forehead and sloped down a little. As soon as she warmed up she would be getting out of here and going back to her own room at the Inn, this was nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense, perhaps she could scheme up a remembering potion or something. Then again, she might not wanna know what happened last night. There was too many what ifs surrounding that scenario. 

She watched Mack take a heaping of the food on his own plate, she looked away as he started to scarf down the food and the loud noise that followed with the munching of bacon and sausage or whatever he was devouring. "Fried...eggs..." Opal said to herself and held her mouth feeling a little nauseated. Opal moved her hand from her mouth and slowly started to rub her temples with her fingers, "So...has anyone discovered anything new since we are now a little more awake as to what happened last night? I'm gonna be a little honest, when I put my boots on, they felt a little squishy on the inside. Maybe I fell into some cold water or something? But that wouldn't explain the article of clothes missing from my body. Ugh...just if there was a little bit of reason behind it..." the raven haired woman attempted to think, but her headache scorned her the more she attempted to do so. 

Piera stiffened at Mack's statement and was about to point out that it wasn't exactly forthcoming as none of them remember much when he said as much himself. Frowning deeply at his guess, the brunette snorted and said into her teacup, "You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Then taking a sip, she stated, "We were all drunk. So I doubt that." ...But did she? She hoped she did... Or rather didn't. Ugh, stupid hangover. She relaxed a little more when Shirosu tossed him his shirt and he tugged it on, now fully clothed along with the rest of them.

Draining the rest of her tea, the bespectacled young woman refilled her cup and mixed it with her usual before finally making herself a plate of food as well, glancing apologetically over at Opal. "You might want to try a cup of tea. It might help with the nausea if you take it plain." She put an ample amount of bacon on her plate along with a few well fried eggs and one pancake. She started in on the eggs and bacon first. "Nothing beats beggs and acon in the mornin'." She sighed as she chewed the delicious meal before taking another long sip of her tea, pausing only when she noticed the size of Mack's cup and plate of food. "Jeez Mack." The amount of food didn't surprise her but the size of the cup did. It reminded her of college when she would get a practically big gulp size of hot sweet tea in the morning before going to classes.

Smiling at the memory, Piera looked over at Chewie as she heard him 'challenge' Gin in a way that caused her head to feel compressed. "Oi, hush and be nice." Picking up a piece of bacon from her plate, the alchemist tapped the grizzly cub on the nose with it as both punishment and reward. Looking up at Opal as she started theorizing about their night, the brunette thought for a moment as she chewed and took a sip of tea.

"I vaguely remember using the teleport pad to get here. And catching snowflakes on our tongues. Hmm...snow.. Maybe Mack dropped us in the snow? And some got in your boots and melted?" It sort of hurt to try and remember and she tried to ease the dull throbbing by closing her eyes and rubbing a palm over her temples and forehead.

"Gin come here!" she said firmly, her head mainly clear now, she had finished her plate but called the kit who had climbed atop a dresser to escape the bear. Slinking to her side he curled up and with a sigh she placed her plate next to him to lick,"Go nuts" wasting no time he began licking like crazy. As Gin cleaned off her plate Shirosu stood up and with a large yawn began absently brushing her hair while wandering around the room and tidying random things.  She folded up the comforter she had been under and collected and strange item that had been thrown around putting them in their proper spots. She knew she didn't need to clean but it always held to calm her down she whispered a small conversation as she inspected the room. "I couldn't tell you what happened after leaving Beoresons, but i can tell you what happened before as i'm starting to remember" Pointing at Mack and Opal she said,"You two pretty much polished off the guys stash of any alcoholic beverages, Mack actually drank one full barrel himself, Me and piera weren't as crazy, we only drank i think  4-5 mugs each i think" She grinned cheekily," quite the accomplishment you two, if i do say so myself,"  After she was feeling satisfied she turned to everyone and said,"I think i'm gonna head out, i have some nothings to do at my shop involving some sweater and sweats,  Fun drinking with you guys, see you at a later date, now ill be off!" she scooped up Gin and placed him on her shoulder before exiting the room with one last,"See you later!" and bundling herself up quickly moved through the frozen town so that she could get back to her shop in the town begginings, what seriously had to have been on of her weirdest adventures yet. 

“I would say you took a tumble into the fountain in the portal plaza here in Snowfrost Town,” Mack said, swallowing an enormous mouthful of fried egg and chasing it with a gulp of tea. “But, that fountain’s always been frozen solid as far as I know,” he continued. “Of course, I don’t know how it happened either. I’m just filling it all in as I please in my head, so yes Piera you removing my shirt is preferable to me doing so.” The massive blonde man punctuated the remark by forking another enormous helping of food into his mouth, purposely flexing his right bicep as he did so. The sooner the hangover cure got into his body, the better he would feel. Meanwhile, he completely ignored the showdown between Gin and Chewie. If the bear wanted to pick a fight then the bear could deal with the consequences.

But, when Piera held up the piece of bacon Chewie stopped what he was doing. In a flash the bear had abandoned his fight with Gin. Scampering over with the sound of clawed feet on a hardwood floor, Chewie tried to stop and tumbled over himself several times before popping back to his feet and eyeing the offered treat greedily. When Piera tapped him on the nose with the treat he reached up in a flash with his paws and clamped them on to the offered bacon, tearing it from her fingers and all but inhaling it in a single gulp before looking around for more.

“The last thing I definitively remember is wrapping an arm around each of you while Shirosu hopped on my back. There was an offer of more booze and, judging by the bottles in the corner there, I’d say we had a bit more to drink. Brandy, from the looks of it,” Mack concluded, his fork scraping on his plate as the last vestiges of breakfast were gathered up. As the last forkful was finding its way into his mouth, Shirosu added what she remembered before gathering up Gin and scooting off out the door. "So, what are the plans you ladies have for the rest of the day?"

Opal nodded at the expressed opinions of the people in the room, all of them had valid reasons as to why or how they in this mess, and looking at the open booze bottles at the corner it was sure enough most anything was possible. Opal had never been so drunk in her life that she had forgotten what happened the night before. Lightly shaking her head, the woman stood up and watched as the young woman Shirosu and her familiar were gone in a blink of an eye.

"She had the right idea...I'm done with this mess and I need to start heading out for training. [censored]...I need to head to the shop first to make that cure. I am sure there is a basic recipe in our Alchemist Guide." she said looking over to Piera. Mack had finished his meal, "The rest of day? Forgetting any of this happened." Opal said flinging the long tendrils of black hair from off her shoulder and over her jacket. Despite what may have or may not have happened, she went towards the burly man and sat down on the bed next to him.

"Thank you though...If I was drinking that heavily, I could have been with some stranger." she gave the man a small hug, she couldn't even wrap around his broad shoulders, "But I'm GTFOing now. Mack, it was fun. Piera...we should do it again sometime." she gave her shoulder a small little bump before heading towards the door. She turned around and waved to them both, "Play nice you two..." the door closed quietly behind her as Opal made way off the floor and to her shop.

Piera glanced back at Shirosu as she contributed what she could remember. Grinning slightly as she mentioned how much each of them drank, the brunette nodded before wincing. That sounded about right. Though if that was four or five bottles of the mead and then the moonshine she had made on top of it...ugh. As Mack mentioned the thought of her being the one that removed his shirt being preferable to him right now, she couldn't help but glance up at him as the muscles of his arm bulged as he continued to shovel food into his mouth. Closing her eyes, the alchemist downed the rest of the cup of scalding tea before pointedly fixing yet another cup.

However she looked back up in surprise as Shirosu excused herself, saying that she had a lot of 'nothing' to do that involved comfortable clothes. Chuckling with a mild wince at the slightly raised voice, she raised a hand in goodbye. "Later Shiro."  Mack drew attention back to her as he stated what else he could remember and she frowned, looking over at said corner and groaning slightly. "That explains the horrible taste in my mouth..." She never drank hard or bitter liquor unless she couldn't feel her taste buds anymore anyways.

Glancing over at Opal as she stated that Shirosu had the right idea and that she needed to do some errands as well as make the hangover cure, Piera smiled knowingly and nodded in agreement as their eyes met. "Hopefully. I honestly can't remember right now. Try asking that innkeeper on your way out." As he asked what her and Opal's plans were for the day, the black haired woman immediately responded with a witty quip that caused the brunette to snort into her teacup and silently agreeing. Glancing up as the other alchemist sat close to Mack and gave him a hug while thanking him for staying with her while she drank herself silly. Her point was lost to Piera, who was looking at the two a bit too long before averting her eyes back to her plate. Perhaps she should have been the one to leave to give them some time alone. But then again, Opal had said she needed to take care of a few things. Looking up as the other alchemist said her name, she smiled at the gentle shoulder bump and replied, "Definitely. Message me anytime, kay?" She had been a bit wary of the other female at first, but had certainly warmed up to her in one night and morning. Though she frowned slightly at the 'play nice' comment.

Taking one bite of pancake and deciding that her stomach wasn't quite settled enough for anything sweet, she set aside her plate on the floor before picking her mug of tea up and sipping deeply, relishing the hot soothing liquid as the flames of the fireplace warmed her back. Letting out a deep sigh she stated unhappily, "I need to get back to Lee. And start thinking of my apology. Or the most elaborate lie I can think of." She doubted that she'd end up lying to him though.

"Understandable, stay warm," Mack said in a low tone as Opal flung her arms around him, his own arms snaking around her waist momentarily to return the gesture. As he returned the hug Mack was quite careful to make sure his hands didn't wander any place that might be construed as being indecent. Once Opal had made her way from the room, leaving just Piera and Chewie in the room in addition to himself. Replacing his dirty plate on the tray Mack leaned back again causing the fabric of his shirt to perceptibly tighten across his chest. "You could go back to your shop, or we could stay here and finish sleeping off the hangover," Mack said in a low tone. "It's lovely and warm in here and no one's going to yell at us."

Piera sipped her tea, glad for the taste to wash out all others as she drank. Glancing up to the bed as Mack spoke of tempting offers, the brunette's ears became visibly warm and it wasn't due to the fire at her back or the hot drink. "N-No. Thank you though. Lee's probably worried and ready to yell at me." Then her expression twisted as she considered something, "Or worse, give me the silent treatment... Ngh. Regardless, I deserve it. Shouldn't have drank that much."

Finishing off her tea, the alchemist got to her feet before swaying slightly and holding her head. "Nn...and need to make that hangover potion...Or five. Come by the shop if you need one. Just...um..." Piera's expression became somewhat embarrassed and worried as she asked, "Please don't mention all of what happened to anyone else." She of course meant Lee, but felt awkward to specifically ask that.

"And thanks for making sure we didn't die or pass out in the snow and all. And the food. Oh no, I paid for that didn't I?" She chuckled at her forgetfulness before reaching down and petting Chewie who was making quick work of her abandoned plate. "I'll uh, see you later Mack. Take care." With that, Piera gave a last wave and exited the room, closing the door quietly behind her as she braved the loud inn, the cold floor and the silent wrath of her boyfriend.
Edited by Piera

"Thank you for the breakfast," Mack said as Piera rose and headed for the door. "I ask you though, if he would yell and rage or give you the silent treatment then how is he worthy of your attention," Mack asked continuing to speak as Piera pulled the door open. "If he would act as a child then why should you return. You deserve better," Mack said in a serious tone, leaning back and collapsing backwards onto his bed as the door closed behind Piera. Hopefully, the remarks would give her something to think about. Manipulative, probably. Yet, no less true from where Mack was standing.

REWARDS:

Mack: 100 col, 1 SP
Opal: 100 col, 1 SP
Piera: 100 col, 1 SP
Shirosu: 100 col, 1 SP