[PP - F2] Organized Regicide <<Long Live The Queen>> (Xion)

Midday had settled the sun high above the town of Urbas, providing the residents with a comfortable amount of simulated warmth and light through the occasional cumulus cloud that floated by. Takao stood beneath the archway of the town's western gate, idly sifting through lists and menus as his familiar chased around a butterfly that was set on a simple circular path that looped constantly. "...Already did it..." he muttered quietly to himself as he scrolled through the list, pausing to read every so often. "Did it... did it... psh, did it like four times... Hah, no way I'm doin' that one, I like living." his words became more audible as he spoke. He glanced down to his familiar, which had finally caught the butterfly and had proceeded to eat it, resulting in a slight grimace setting onto Takao's face. "Well, that's just barbaric." The brunet shifted his attention back to the tree of menus that surrounded his front.

"It's too bad you can't breathe fire or something. That'd be sweet. It'd really help on these harder quests too." he said to his familiar, who expressed absolutely no interest in the words, and proceeded to devour the insect. Takao shook his head disapprovingly and exhaled a sigh. "I really can't take you anywhere."

Xion sighed as he walked through the main settlement of floor two, the blonde was intending on completing <<Long live the queen>>, a relatively low level field boss but one that would help him to level with the new system. As he walked he noticed someone... a certain brown-haired swordsman and his reptilian companion: Takao. With a smile, Xion jogged over to meet him, his armour making stupid amounts of noise as he did. "Hey Takao, long time no see!" Xion said, well that was a lie, they had both been present at the floor 11 boss raid meeting. 

"Sooo mind helping a friend out with a certain annoying field boss on this floor? Not that I'm not capable of soloing it  but friends are always welcome company" he said with a grin.

Takao glanced aside upon hearing the increasingly audible noise of rattling armour, the speed of which akin to somebody jogging. He looked over his shoulder to see a familiar armoured tank with blonde hair approaching him. He raised his hand to wave as a friendly smile grew on his face. "Xion! Hey, man!" he said, offering his closed fist out for a fist bump. "It's been a little while, yeah. I just saw you at the meeting, that wasn't too long ago, was it?" he asked, knowing fully well that with his horribly distorted perception of time, that meeting could've already been half a month ago.

The nameless mention of a certain floor boss brought him to a pause, searching through his cluttered memory until he finally remembered which one he was talking about. "Oh, y'mean the Wasp Queen?" A grin worked its way onto his face to replace the earlier look of him being deep in thought. "I don't mind at all, I was actually just lookin' for something to do."

Xion smiled as he listened to Takao "We only have a couple of weeks to prepare, so I need to catch up. The changes hit me hard, I'm a better tank now but I have no damage" he said, in a slightly more serious tone, before shaking his head and returning to his usual happy voice. "Anyway, you have a sword, I have a shield, many loots this boss shall yield. Ignore my bad rhyming, and let's go!" he said, patting his friend on the back before starting to walk in the direction of where the queen spawned. 

Takao's shoulders shrugged slightly as he gave a low, yet still vaguely sharp whistle for his familiar. It huffed out a breath in protest before scurrying over on all fours and leaping up to sit across his shoulders. "Those changes hit everybody hard, 'cept for the guys that were already way high up there. I've been trying to get my weapon skill back up to where it was, then I gotta work on getting my armour proficiency up after that. The changes to light armour means I don't have to waste points on «Precision» though, so that's cool I guess." Another shrug rippled across his shoulders and he followed after Xion. "It's good you're workin' on getting your skills up though, 'cause I'm betting we're gonna need a good tank team. After all, it's always a good idea to bee prepared."

Xion chuckled at Takao's comment "Tristan and cal are already monstrous tanks, what do I add? Not much as far as I can see" he said with a sigh, while the blonde was happy that he was part of the lead group now, there was nothing else that he would rather do than fight for the freedom of everyone, but he didn't feel like he deserved a place there. "I mean...Mack had the highest damaging ability in the game, Tristan can literally burn someone to death without even hitting them" he said with a sigh once more. "Anyway, it shouldn't be long until we reach it"

Takao hummed quietly in thought as Xion spoke, and his first response was a simple shrug of his shoulders - a universal gesture of his that could've meant anything. "That's true, they're both really good tanks, but we shouldn't put all of our eggs into one basket - wait, crap, I was doing bee puns... Uh... We shouldn't... Oh! We shouldn't solely beelieve in their ability! Hah, clutch." he said, clearing his throat immediately after. "Anyway, we're going up against the strongest boss anybody has faced yet, and we're doing it with an entirely new combat system that nobody has had enough time to get comfortable with. At least, not like they were with the old system. Everybody is both weaker and stronger than they were. If they happen to go down, we'll need somebody else... 'course, I can't imagine we would fare well without them."

He turned his gaze forward again to watch where he was walking. "I think Zelrius has the most damage right now... Mack's probably a close second, battle axes are up there in damage."

"Bastard deals around 20 damage even with my MIT..." he said, gritting his teeth as he thought about his duel with mack. 'Has that man no honour!?' he thought, clenching his fists in anger as he did. "If they fall then we have no chance of beating the crusader, or any other boss for that matter, other than those two as far as I  know I am the only tank strong enough to participate..." he said, before they neared the forest where the Queen was. 

Takao's eyes were set on the forest as it grew closer, yet his attention was elsewhere. He recalled the details that had been shared during the meeting, and he nodded slowly. "Once you get the block skill, you'll be able to dampen more damage than he could deal naturally. With status items and critical hits, he might be able to get through it a little bit, but if you maxed both those skills out, plus your equipment..." his voice trailed off as his speaking turned back to thinking. "Either way, it's a long way off. 'n since Mack is on the attack team, if that boss has AOE, he'll be in trouble. Given that it has a big sword, AOE is really likely... I wonder if it'll negate evasion too..? Ah well, just gonna have to come prepared, I guess."

Xion chuckled "I guess that I'm beeing a little too pessimistic" he said as they slowly entered the forest, the sound of almost angry buzzing becoming clearer and clearer until the reached a clearing in the middle of the forest, that seemed like an arena for the boss. Xion drew his blade as he looked at the beast, it's eyes scanning the area around it for any threats, of course it wouldn't find any as nobody had pulled any aggro. 

ID:31630

BD: 1

MD: 7 (1 DMG) 

Xion charged forwards, aiming for a quick, simple stab at it's abdomen, missing by inches as the creature swiftly turned to face him, it's eyes flashing with anger. He was close enough to be attacked without even drawing any aggro, so the Queen wound up a strike with it's stinger. Seeing the incoming blow, Xion raised his shield just in time to block it, the thorns on the shield punishing it instantly as it recoiled in pain. 

Xion (53/53) [ 1 Heavy momentum] 

Takao(102/102) 

The Queen (46/50) [-4 Thorns]

Takao rubbed the inside of his ear as the faint buzzing sound grew louder upon entering the forest. He chuckled alongside Xion until they reached the very curious clearing in the woods. As expected, the field boss hovered within the clearing, searching for any unsuspecting players that might happen to stumble upon it. Unfortunately for the monster, neither Xion nor Takao were unsuspecting players.

Xion was the first to engage, though Takao was close behind him. He pulled his sword free of its scabbard as Xion thrust his blade at the monster but missed by a small margin. The monster struck out at him in return, though he not only managed to save himself from sustaining damage with his shield, but also dealt some damage in return. Tanks truly were dangerous to fight, even if they couldn't deal the same kind of damage outright. He refocused his attention on the monster following its strike as it recoiled in pain, and took that as his chance to attack. He pulled his arm back and poised his blade in such a way that the sword began to glow a bright orange colour. In the following instant, his body moved with impressive speed and accuracy, and seven deft thrusts were placed along the monster's body. The Queen burst into the familiar coloured fragments of victory after the last thrust landed, and Takao found himself momentarily frozen while the sword art's post-motion wore off. "What a buzzkill, am I right?"

- -

» ID : [[ 31664 ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (3 + 2(ACC) + 1(Concentration)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 102/102 HP ]]
[[ 16/23 Energy ]]  
«Deadly Sins» used. (-7 Energy)

« Xion »
[[ 52/53 HP ]]

« The Queen »
[[ 0/50 HP ]] [[ 9(DMG) * (7*1) = -63HP ]]

Edited by Takao

Xion sighed as he turned to face Takao, one hit, that is all that it had taken to defeat the queen. Although, he shouldn't have been surprised, it was the weakest field boss and takao was a DPS based build. "Come on I was just starting to have fun" Xion said in a slightly grumpy tone, although he was fine altogether he was still pissed off that Takao had cut what would have been a fun battle down into a single sword skill. "Sooo.... what should we do now?"

Takao rolled his shoulders after feeling the control of his body return, and glanced aside to Xion. The sigh and grumpy tone didn't go unnoticed, and his words were easy enough to link the emotions to his lack of effort in defeating the boss. Takao shrugged his shoulders slightly in response. "Ah, sorry man. Just kind of a habit of mine to beat them as quick as I can." he said. He didn't like to take chances, even if it was a rather low leveled monster. He glanced around at the now empty forest clearing and reaffirmed his grip on his sword. "Well, since we're out here, we could hunt for some drops and materials?"

"I guess, as long as they pose some sort of challenge, stupidly easy mobs are boring as hell. But what can I expect, it is floor 2 after all" he said with a slight smile as he watched the sword art wear off,  allowing Takao to control his body once more. "DPS build really have become god-like after the update huh? I'm planning on doing a weapon switch myself, maybe a spear of some kind" Xion said. He had no sword skills at that moment in time, as all of his SP had gone into mitigation, to deal with the now ridiculous damage of higher level MOBS and DPS builds.

"Switching to a spear, huh?" he said as his gaze fell onto Xion, a small smile growing on his face. "Are you planning on growin' a few feet and dying you hair red too?" His voice had taken a very clear joking quality as he related the similarities between Xion's plans and one of the few well known tanks. He rolled his shoulders as his eyes began to wander around in search of more monsters to hunt, yet he continued to speak even without directing his full attention to Xion. "General DPS builds aren't godlike at all, really. If I were to cap my skill out, a fully kitted tank would still be able to completely mitigate my maximum damage, and even then some. Maybe hyper-focused DPS with a dagger would be able to get past it, but there aren't very many people who go that route."

- -

[[ 18/23 Energy ]] (1 Energy Recovered | 1/3 turns until full recovery.)

Xion chuckled as Takao compared him to Tristan, whom was a mentor of sorts to Xion, or as Tristan put it Xion was his "tanking protégé". "I just like the fighting style you know? And also the slicing maelstrom is too small a weapon for the style of shield that I use" he said, before gesturing towards the large shield in his left hand. It was a greatshield, which is similar to a tower shield in design, but shorter and wider. Although the fact that Xion was a relatively small person made the shield seem massive when compared to him, as he was able to protect nearly his entire body just by holding the thing.

Takao nodded and rolled his shoulders again as he felt the system replenish his artificial stores of energy. "Yeah, I feel you. I'm the same way with this guy," he said, tossing his sword around in his palm. "Though I have experience out of game with it, so it makes sense that way. I mean, if I wanted to min/max my damage, I'd have switched over to daggers. Have you heard about how much damage they can theoretically do now? It's crazy." He'd done the math himself and determined that the overall damage of dagger uses could in fact be "crazy". Takao spotted a small group of wasp-like monsters, not quite rivaling the Queen in size, yet still looking to be relatively strong enough to warrant a drop or two. "I'm gonna have a go at those guys." he said as he began approaching the small horde.

- -

[[ 23/23 Energy ]] (Energy fully recovered. | 0/3 turns until full recovery.)

Edited by Takao
  • 6 months later...