[OP-F1] The journey is a long one! - Complete~

Endilix had honestly ended up letting his mind wander as a crowd began to form around them. Flints had oddly been taking up the role of leader, despite that Endilix was the higher level of the three, but it didn't really bother Endilix in the slightest. As Silvermist had talked about his plans to become an alchemist, Endilix gave him a smile and a nod, "Good plan, little man. My brother is an alchemist. Maybe you and him should sit down and talk about chemistry and stuff sometime."

As the other new people showed up, Endilix was able to tell that these men were not newbies at least, due to the familiars and the fact that they were wearing actual armor. He kept his war hammer hefted onto his shoulder and at the ready, just in case. Last thing he needed was his new friends and him being led into a dangerous trap by some higher level players. He flexed his hand on the grip as he watched the pup run up to Flints and get excited, before he answered the initial performer, Jomei, "I'm honestly just exploring. Getting a lay of the land, finding materials where I can. And I happened to find these two."

He gave a polite nod to X, but past that, he resigned himself to keeping quiet for now, and letting Flints take the lead. Endilix did find himself taking a bit of a protective stance between the higher levels and Silvermist, just in case. He was certain Flints may be able to handle herself. Silvermist, he wasn't so sure.

Being surrounded completely Flints knew she couldn't pull off sneaking behind the group to keep her back free from anyone around her so she stood as strong as she could, she Glanced over at Endilix who was now holding himself differently and looking down at Silvermist in almost a nurturing way. "Smart thinking, Slivermist is extreamly timid." she stepped slightly in front of Slivermist, just enough to keep him between her and Endlix, if anything were to turn sour at least Endilix could get Silvermist safely away. 

"So.." She addressed the whole party, "what are we to do now? That is, if you're up to doing things?" Flints flashed another warm half excited smile her green eyes flashed brightly at the idea of actually fighting something, or at least moving further from the outskirts of the city.

He certainly felt more timid now that so many people were gathering here. "Maybe. He might be able to teach me the profession. Or help me with the quest, if one is necessary." Silvermist said at his normal quiet volume. He could fight to protect himself if he needed to, but his preference at this point was caution. Meaning if things turned sour he'd probably squawk and run like a chicken. But hey, at least he'd be a live chicken. 

"Well, I think I want to gather materials." He said quietly toward Flints. "In this group some could even fight while I do that." He left that possibility at least.

Jomei crossed his arms and looked over the group. "Aye, leveling up would definitely be a smart choice to do.. And safely even a better choice." he placed his crossed his arms and grinned at the group. "And I don't mind helping you guys out.. If you'll have me that is?"  While waiting for an answer, a small wolf-like dog ran into the group, barking. He tilted his head in confusion, wondering where this dog came from.. But.. It was strangely familiar. Just then, the voice of a man behind him apologized for the dog. And as Jomei looked over to see just who it was , he recognized the man as X.. which he soon confirmed by introducing himself. "Theres I face I haven't seen in awhile." Jomei said with a smirk on his face. 

Flints smirked, "ah finally! Then let's do some safe leveling up" her body shivered with anticipation. "and of course Jomei! All are welcome to join" she laughed not sure what to do now other then start walking further from the city, hoping the others would follow.

"okay! What am I gathering exactly?" her honey-like voice seemed more confused than excited now as she glanced around looking at rocks, trees and the occasional bush before her eyes drifted back to the more experienced of the group, then realizing it was probably best that she met all of them, because without them she would probably be dead, or yanking out grass by the handful. 

Endilix wasn't entirely comfortable around higher levels he didn't know. In a game with actual real life consequences, a normally happy and social person became cautious of every stranger he'd normally be happy to see. It was even worse in a situation like this. Endilix could defend himself in real life. But the MMO law of numbers would mean that a higher level could just end his life with one swing. Endilix shook his head with a sigh, and couldn't seem to relax despite that Flints seemed to trust the high levels, at least for now. He followed the woman, but kept his hammer on his shoulder, always ready.

"You're looking for something that you can use to make a product of crafting," Endilix said, "The world seems to be fairly freeform and often materials can be used for multiple professions. Just run your hand through the grass, and you might find seeds, or a solid rock to make a basic weapon with. You never know!"

Edited by Endilix

Flints sensed Endilix's unease and she too was still on guard, she just had to play it differently. Growling and baring her teeth at higher levels was more likely to prove dangerous not only for her now, but Silvermist and Endilix as well. The last thing she needed was to cause harm to others because of her temper. She couldn't help but wonder if she had a more powerful weapon would she be more comfortable. "Probably not. I can always be stronger." She thought to herself.

"Ah. I see! Okay.. So maybe gathering isn't as useless as I thought!" She giggled at the thought of all of them running their hands through the grass in search of seeds and rocks.

((OOC: Of course, it could be a trap..better let everyone else test the waters first. Or I could just be covering the fact that I'm not sure how to go about petting grass :3.))

The players quickly scrambled to think of plans on what they wanted to do with this group that has now assembled. The smart thing was they wanted to go search for materials and stuff. The boring thing was that they wanted to go search for materials and stuff. I then stretched out my arms and let out a little bit of a grunt, to my surprise maruchan did the same which was evidence he slept away those two months with me. Materials? hahaha I've been in a two month coma; inside of this goddamn coma were all in. I joked to make it more comedic however that is literately what happened. Daddy needs to express a little rage you know get the blood flowing? I say we go find something i can beat the hell out of! I exclaimed as maruchan barked enthusiastically even though he's a tracker not a combatant so material searching would be more interesting for him. Either way the pup really did have a personality that matched mine, his tamer. You guys can watch if you feel its too dangerous.

Jomei looked at Silvermist with a warm smile, "That sounds like a good idea, lad. Definitely a good way to get some experience without putting your life in danger.. Kinda tough for someone like me to find materials for my craft.. But since you havent chosen yours yet, it makes it all easy for you." Jomei was excited to help out these newer players.. He had been so busy with the upcominf boss raid and guild meetings, that he had neglected helping out people.. Since that was his own personal goal and all. It was then that X suggested going to kill something, which was another good way to get the hang of SAO.. Bur killing things at lower levels was getting increasingly tougher for lower players. He scratched the back of head and turned to him. "X lad, Flints and Silver here are fresh out of The Town.. Maybe throwing them into the fire may not be the best bet.." He straightened out his back and crossed his arms, smirking. "But I wouldnt mind fighting alongside you.. Give them a nice tutorial." 

flints eyes grew bright at X's talk of fighting something, her body tensed and she took an offensive stance, as if she was ready to spar the more advanced player, "that's what I've been saying!!!!!" She then drew back a little when Jomei had a more rational (and helpful) idea; to teach us how everything is done.

"Well then meeting you guys was very good fortune for us after all!" Flints released the hilt of her two handed axe the she had subconscious grabbed. "Let's learn from the best then" she winked at the two as she took a step back, curiously observing Jomei and X. 

OOC Material Gathering:

• ID: 32009
  • LD: 16 (Success) +1 Crafting Mat

Since Flints didn't seem to really be grasping the idea of gathering, or perhaps just wanted to wait for someone else to do it first, Endilix thought it might be best to lead by example. Endilix looked around him for anything familiar that he might've actually gathered before. He bent over in the grass and began to run his hand through, until he pushed aside some of the taller grass to show some sprouts popping up out of the ground. It was some tea leaves, and Endilix was delighted as he grabbed the material. He showed it to Flints and Silvermist, excited. "Here you go! Some tea leaves I can use to make tea. Gathering is as simple as that!"

Endilix listened as Jomei and X discussed the idea of combat. Endilix was starting to warm up to Jomei. The man seemed to feel the same way as Endilix in terms of helping others. X on the other hand seemed to be a bit reckless, and possibly dangerous. He claimed to have been in a two month coma, but honestly that just sounded fishy. And like the beginnings of a trap. He was more than happy to let the two go fight something while the rest of them stayed safe.

Edited by Endilix

OOC Material Gathering:

• ID: 32010
  • LD: 7 (Failure)  

Still not yet sure of what was to come from her attempt she stared at the grass and brambles eagerly after inspecting Endilix's find. Flints spots a bush that was probably most likely to turn a profit so she quickly jumped at the chance to gather from it, shoving her hand into the bushes she made a clean swipe only to yelp out in pain. upon Further inspection her hand was covered in small throrns. She snorted in distaste at the outcome and looked up at Endilix for some sort of encouragement.  "Well that didn't go as planned.." She gave a little sigh. 

(( ooc: still a little confused on how everything works although I've gone over it a few times, possibly me being an idiot x) but alas, we all must learn some how XD)) 

OOC Material Gathering:

• ID: 32053
  • LD: 6 (Failure)

Endilix winced a bit as he saw Flints come away with some thorns in her hand. He tried his best to smile as he said, "Well, probably best to avoid bushes. Unless they're berry bushes. Berry bushes might have some good materials for food something." Speaking of a berry bush, Endilix found one next to where Flints was and rustled around in it, pulling out a couple of berries. He looked at them, Not nearly enough to craft with. Oh well. "Unfortunately, it seems that my luck has run out," he said with a chuckle to Flints.

He then turned to Silvermist, not wanting for him and Flints to go off and leave the little man all alone with the high levels. "What about you? Are you going to watch the high levels fight or join us in gathering?"

Edited by Endilix

ID# 32055 results:                                                                                                                                                                                                                   LD: 18 (Success) +1 Crafting Material 

The others seemed protective of him, so at least he had that. He silently started to inspect the area nearby for anything that looked like crafting materials. Years of playing various RPGs had prepared him for this. He glanced at Endilix when he presented the crafting material for tea he had found, then the higher levels when they talked about combat. He really didn't feel up to watching them right now. 

Instead, he kept looking. Silvermist found another berry bush, and carefully inspected each branch of it to find the berries that were ripe. He found plenty enough, and by the time he heard Endilix asking him a question, he had at least a good handful. "Materials gathering. And I should find your brother later. There's probably some kind of quest to pick up a profession." It certainly seemed like there would be one.

Edited by silvermistshadow

The girl looked particularly excited to go out and find something to fight although anything she should be fighting would only take me or jomei one hit to destroy. I looked around the area we were in maybe the dungeon north of here we could find a decent field boss but then again we are still on floor one. I then opened my map to see if i had marked any locations of interest nearby. wolf cave isn't far from here, hopefully the wolf king is in and I can kick his ass. He usually has at least four smaller wolves with him so... just go ham with that axe of yours i guess. I said while playing while closing my menu and looking in the direction of the cave. So who's up for a little crash course in combat?

Endilix was about to answer Silvermist when he heard X speak up. He frowned and stood up from the bush he was rooting around in. He crossed his arms and shook his head, Sounds like a horribly obvious trap. Crash course indeed. Endilix looked at X and said, "I would rather not go anywhere besides these hills. If you want to tutor us, do it with things that we can fight, or show us how it's done in the open. So that we can see the combat, rather than straining in a dark cave to understand what is happening. That makes the most sense." Endilix was beginning to like this X character less and less. "Mysterious" absence, sudden reappearance, wanting to lead them into dangerous caves and situations. Just because the man himself was not an orange player didn't mean he didn't have orange player friends just waiting. For all Endilix knew, Jomei was the target and him and his newfound friends were just getting caught in the middle. It put a sour taste in his mouth either way.

Flint's looked down at her thorn covered hands in frustration but perked up at the mention of combat "wolves?! Way better than boars!" she exclaimed eagerly but all the while thinking about how terrible it would be to end up stuck with a wolf king hot on her tail, even with the superior players on board it sounded like something she should avoid until she had a better footing in the game, although, she did long for combat. But splitting the group up was a bad idea. And way over her head.

Flints glanced over at silvermists' successful find and whimpered at how lucky he got. It would be best to stay close to Endilix and Silvermist. Jomei and X were a lot stronger and made things look easy, hopefully their guidance would lead the lesser three on a good path. "stupid bushes" she snorted quietly in objection as she pulled the small hair like spines from her hand, gently running her hand over her lips feeling for the thorns that were too thin to feel against thicker skin, "huh, guess being a klutz as a kid taught me something." she thought to herself.

Jomei let out a slight sigh of relief when the others seemed to pick up on the idea of searching for materials. As much as he would have enjoyed teaching the players how to fight and defend for themselves.. Some harmless gathering would pick their level up a bit so they would not get themselves killed in the process. He scratched his nose with his thumb before crossing his arms. He was at quite the lack of materials lately.. and he may need them in the near future for trading, or even crafting new songs possibly. He decided to take a look around, see if there was anything he could use for making music. Flints and Silvermist seemed to be getting the hang of it with Endilix's advice. 

It seemed the only one not interested in this was X, who stood there looking through his menu. He then spoke up about a cave nearby that contained wolves.. one of them being more of a field boss level. He raised a sharp eyebrow and stood up to face X once again. He could understand he wanted to jump back into action after his apparent, "two month coma." There was now a growing group of five players now, two being higher leveled and one being slightly higher leveled that the last two. But those last two did not have much experience at all.. and with the sudden increase of power of even these first floor enemies, there was a larger possibility of the worst case scenario. It seemed Endilix and Silvermist preferred their material gathering, but Flints seemed a bit excited for the invitation. The ginger shook his head with a light sigh, "I can't  speak for the others, X..  but just as I am sure you are aware, going out of the safe zones on a wild hunt are not smart ways to gain experience anymore. We all needed to start off slowly and work our way up to it. The monsters here.. even on the first floor.. they're stronger now. I've heard of even simple boars killing level one players in a single lucky hit.. We can't have that happening anymore." He crossed his arms and shifted his weight, his tone was much more stern than it usually was, "Flints, Endilix, Silvermist, if you want to go with X to fight the wolves.. I am sure X could handle them. But lad.. if anything were to happen to them, it would be on your hands.. And I would not be okay with that.. just as I am sure you would not want to be. " He turned around again, looking to go back to possibly finding some sort of material to use, "I would suggest.. for now at least.. look for something around here to fight, unless you wish to separate from the group." he shrugged his shoulders. 

• 1 month later...

Endilix was honestly at a loss when it came to this odd group of people. He shrugged and said, "Well, all I know is that I want to stay safe, and not die. You guys can feel free to do as you wish." Endilix began to walk back off into the grassy hills that comprised most of the first floor, as he hefted his hammer on his shoulder again in search of more boars to stalk around. But before he got too far, he turned back to Flints and Silvermist and said, "Either of you is welcome to join me, or become my friend." He popped open his menu and sent off a friend request to both, before walking away whistling.

Flints watched curiously as Endilix walked away from them, she glanced back at silvermist and smiled. She quickly sent a friend request to silvermist and accepted Endilix's. She looked back to Endilix and ran to him, catching up to him. "I think we should do something after this, if you're okay with that? You did sort of talk some sense into me. Just let me know if you do want to meet up, I wouldn't mind!" She stopped walking and waved to him, wishing him well and hoping they would meet again. 

Thread Complete!

• Flints: +1 SP, +160 Col
  • Endilix: +1 SP, +160 Col
  • Silvermistshadow: +1 SP, +160 Col
  • Jomei: +1 SP, +160 Col
  • XWuZHeAR: +1 SP, +160 Col
Edited by Flints