[PP-F2] Beyond Brawn <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Emerath) complete!

"We've been wondering around for hours! I feel like you're playing some cruel trick on me.." flints whined at Emerath's calm, collected demenor. It was as if he knew were they were heading but refused to let her in on the secret. But She figured Pouting would get her no where so she followed obediently for once.

The second floor was an interesting place, the heavily wooded areas at the base of large mountains made Flints feel tinier than ever. The weather was warm and the sunshine plentiful. Staying out of the forests seemed to be Emerath's goal as he lead Flints deeper and deeper into the mountain range, before finally coming to a halt at the tallest Moutain she had ever seen. "Let me guess, we are going to climb that?" She yawned and looked up at what felt like a never ending stretch of earth that failed to be eroded by time, it met the sky and the clouds covered its peak as if hiding a new world up on its top. Before Emerath could reply to her question she felt a strange feeling in her chest. It pulled at her, she suddenly felt the urge to climb up, she didn't look back for hours, she knew Emerath wouldn't leave her stranded, but she also knew whatever was at the top was worth her efforts. Finally she saw the first sign of "life" well, at least she hoped. 

A small well weathered hut stood near a flat outcropping of the mountain, it's homely appearance made it seem as though it withstood the test of time. Before she could approach it an NPC walked over to great them. "I see you made it here. With good reason my child. It seems you're ready. Why else would you come all this way!" Puzzled, Flints glanced back at Emerath who only mustered up a thin smile. She really didn't know why she was here other than the fact that it "felt" right. If that made any sense. Suddenly the NPC spoke again, "Are you ready to begin yor journey to enlightenment? I can't promise you your journey will be easy, but it is worth your while." 

She was prompted with the quest "break the Unbreakable" and quickly she accepted as a large grin begin to spread across her face. As soon as she accepted she turned around in a little flurry and threw herself towards an unsuspecting Emerath and squeezed him tightly. "So this is where you were taking me!!!? I have to say you do have a few very welcomed tricks up your sleeves!" She laughed and released him to follow the NPC into his Hut and back out into a large flat cut into the mountain, in its center stood this large Boulder, Flints felt her body tense until he NPC told her that her job was to break the Boulder In half, before she could unsheath her weapon a quick jolt went through her body as the NPC gave her a questioning glance. 

"With your fists my dear, no weapon you wield would ever be enough."  Flints bristled at his last statement and before she could bark back he was gone. It was just her, Emerath, and the Boulder. The world around them grew quiet. She turned to look at Emerath for approval, he had already undergone this after all. 

Edited by Flints
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerath watched the scene unfold in front of him, and it was like looking though a window into the past from another perspective. He saw himself in Flints' shoes talking to the NPC. The woman was much more excited than he was though. Emerath gave a chuckle as he watched her stare down the rock once the NPC made his way back to his hut.

"So, the trick here that I learned, is lots of practice." He wasn't sure if any actual physical memories could work in the game, but seeing as Flints had some sort of martial arts background he wondered if she would find this easier. 

"Try punching the rock. And try using real world martial arts maneuvers. I want to see how they work in the game." Emerath crossed his arms. He felt like a wisened teacher despite that he had only done this a while ago himself.

Edited by Emerath

She starred at the rock as Emerath spoke to her, but she too wondered if her body was just as quick and powerful here as it was in what she referred to as her "Glory Days"; practice to her was very intimate then, only the trusted were allowed to watch, To see the fighter dance with themselves in a battle they never quite won. Since this was practice she took in a deep breath and hoped her body wouldn't disappoint her here, she took off her weapon and shoes, It was of no use anyways. She needed full mobility, It felt easier to move this way. 

ID: 32407

BD: 5 (Failure) 

Flints: 8/8

Boulder: 50/50 

Flints approached the Boulder and held out her arm and made a small fist whilst staring at it. It might have looked silly, but this was her initiating battle with it respectfully. She took a few steps back and finally exhaled after what felt like centuries. Before the exhale was complete her closed fist flew out at the Boulder, her body still quick even in game. But as soon as her hand collided with its solid surface the sound of her knuckles protesting at her attempt and the force behind her hit bounced back to her body with a hard painful jolt. 

"WHAT!" Flints starred at it wildly, her force didn't penetrate the Boulder at all. It was sent back into her arm just as quickly as it was delivered. Her years outside of SAO down the drain, all her swiftness was kept but not her pain tolerance. Or her ability to force her energy through her targets, it sat stagnatly at the ends of her fists, the unseen force unwilling to cooperate. 

Flints & Emerath vs. Massive Rock

• ID: 32440
  • BD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 DMG -1 EP

Emerath chucked a bit under his breath as he watched Flints. She certainly had the real world skills, but the game didn't care about that. And just like that, Emerath's thoughts were confirmed. No matter who a person is in the real world, they are still constrained to the laws of this game. The laws of this universe.

Emerath went ahead and unbuttoned his suit jacket and threw it onto a nearby rock, and the rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt. He walked over to the rock and cracked his knuckles. "Let me have a go," he said as he took a combat stance in front of the rock. He steadied himself and his breath before throwing his fist forward with lightning speed and accuracy with a loud cry.

In response shards of rock flew through the air and there was a fine dust floating around him, as he pulled his fist away to survey the nice dent he had made. He turned and smiled at Flints, "Just like that."

Combat Results:

• Rock: 50/50 -> 46/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP: 6/6 -> 5/6
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32408

BD: 8 (success)

Flints growled at Emerath's nonchalant approach to the rock and his even more care free, yet successful hit. As he turned to smile at her she quickly flew at the rock again, this time delivering two quick blows hoping one would at least hit its mark, the first one stung and the second hit with her lesser hand was enough to cause small flecks of rock to break off. Not much but she grinned at her progress. 

"Now we are getting somewhere!" She shouted, adrenaline flowed freely throughout her, raising her spirits and numbing the pain. 

Rock: 46/50 ~> 45/50

• ID: 32451
  • BD: 4 (Failure) -2 EP

Emerath saw Flints throw a few punches and manage to pull a few chips off the rock with the blows. He smiled at the woman but decide he wasn't going to be outdone. This time, he tried a punch with a bit of a flourish. This was a bad idea though, as Emerath's fist connected with the rock he could have sworn he heard a small crack. And it wasn't the rock. He gave a yelp of pain and jumped backwards in surprise as he held his wrist. It throbbed a bit with pain and he gave a scowl. Apparently punching with a flourish was a bad idea when fighting a rock. You would think he would've learned the first time.

Combat Results:

• Rock: 45/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 5/6 -> 6/6 -> 4/6
Edited by Emerath

Flints giggled at Emerath's failed attempt. "See where showing off gets you! What happened to the guy who made this mess out of me? Looks like he's on vacation today!" She teased and pulled her shirt down a little revealing the not so subtle scarring hoping to get him fired up again.

ID: 32409

BD: 7 (success) 

flints Then let out all her air and took quick, deep inhale and open palm hit the rock in more of a joking manor and surpringly it chipped. "Seems like your luck has run out Emerath" she winked at him and backed away from the large stone. 

Rock: 44/50

• ID: 32476

Emerath groaned at the woman. Oh how abrasive she was! Just like his brother! But when she pulled her shirt down, Emerath noticed the scar, but he was a bit more focused on something else entirely. He was a bit flustered by the motion and cleared his throat and focused his attention back on the rock. Or attempted to at least. He took a deep breath and tried not to think about the woman for a moment, but that was made increasingly difficult as she continued to taunt him. He tried to shake it off, and sent a punch at the rock, but this ended up with yet another sharp pain running through his arm. He took a step back, his face reddening, and he shook the pain out of his arm.

Accursed woman, he thought to himself.

Combat Results:

• Rock: 44/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 4/6 -> 5/6 -> 3/6
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32410

BD: 2 (failure) 

Flints was enjoying making Emerath squirm she walked up to the rock and aimed at a new spot and didnt bother to ready herself before she quickly jabbed at it with a loud battle cry that abruptly changed into a whimper in pain as she fell to her knees, all the force she threw into that punch shot straight down into her body making her buckle over and bite her lip so she wouldn't make a fool of herself by whining more. 

"Okay okay, maybe I'm getting too cocky as well..come heal me mister medicine mannn" she cooed the last part jokingly hoping Emerath wouldn't laugh at her terrible hit. 

Rock 44/50

• ID: 32478
  • BD: 9 (Critical Success) +1 DMG -1 EP

Emerath tried not to laugh as Flints ended up getting too cocky and hurting herself. When she asked for healing, he just chuckled some, "Not a chance," he said as he readied himself in front of the rock. He steadied himself. He had been goofing off too much, trying to show off. It was time to do some damage. Emerath gave a loud cry as he drove two punches into the rock, blowing off shards and dust, and then he turned and gave it a kick for good measure, throwing even more shards from the rock.

There we go. Back in the game.

Combat Results:

• Rock: 44/50 -> 41/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 3/6 -> 4/6 -> 3/6
Edited by Emerath

ID:32479

BD: 7 (success)

Flints watched as Emerath sent a flurry of attacks at the Boulder causing it to chip and shatter in different places. She snorted at his little show and as they passed eachother she whispered to him "you think you have me beat, but I'm trained more for grappled attacks, in other words you wouldn't want to wrestle with me" she giggled and winked at him, hoping to throw him off his game as she jabbed at the boulders weak spots causing it to erode more. She hummed in approval of her attacks, it wasn't much but it was progress none the less. 

Rock: 41/50 ~> 40/50 

• ID: 32503
  • BD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 DMG -1 EP

Following up on the success of the previous hits, Emerath was getting back into the groove. No more showing off or trying to prove himself better. Just good ol' punches, kicks, and martial arts. Emerath would throw a few punches, take a breath, throw a couple of kicks, another breath. A few moments of this and there were fresh dents all throughout Emerath's face of the rock.

Finally he took a pause and looked over to Flints with a sheepish smile, realizing that he might be getting carried away on her quest. He scratched the back of his head and said, "Oops. Should probably leave some for you."

Combat Results:

• Rock: 40/50 -> 36/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32504

BD: 2 (failure) 

Filnts watched as Emerath became more and more comfortable with his attacks, he was improving quickly and that worried her. She took it as a challenge but couldn't help but be distracted by his new found finesse. 

"It's fine, not like it's going anywhere anytime soon." She laughed a little worried by how easily he handled the bolders unforgiving surface. She starred up and it and gave it a swift side kick followed by an even quicker punch, unfortunately both radiated back into her and left the stone's surface unscathed. "Dammit this is too painful!" She growled at the Boulder as if she was trying to intimidate it, her kuckles were beginning to become bloody and raw she stood back panting angrily before finally walking away from the Boulder. 

Rock: 36/50

• ID: 32523
  • BD: 9 (Critical Success) +1 DMG -1 EP

Emerath could see Flints getting a bit discouraged, which made him a bit worried. He didn't want her to quit or anything. He wanted to see her succeed. Emerath walked over and saw that she was looking at her bloody knuckles. He reached into his pouch and pulled out some bandages and took her hands, wrapping them in the linen whether she protested or not.

And then still holding onto her hands in his, he led her back to the rock. "This is a game," he said, trying to separate the girl from the real world. He smiled and said, "This isn't a competition. I'm training you. You have to play by the game's rules. Watch what I do, and then you try." 

Emerath focused his energy. It wasn't energy that he would've had in real life without long practice. But this was a game. He played by the game's rules. Emerath's fists took on a life of their own, with slow, methodical, and easy for Flints to follow, strikes. More chunks from the rock. Emerath turned to her with a smile. "Now do as I do. You've got this."

Combat Results:

• Rock: 36/50 -> 33/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32527

BD:6 (success) 

Flints tensed up as Emerath approached her not sure what to expect when he grabbed her hands she fought the urge to pull away and sat there obediently with a blush across her cheeks listening to him explain how to fight. It was an odd thing having someone re-teaching her to do what almost came naturally, it was if he was teaching her to walk again. 

"Alright..I'll try again." She sighed and faced the Boulder and tried to replicate Emerath's movements and surprisingly the rock gave off small flecks, she frowned still distracted by the fact that she wasn't causing it much harm. 

Rock: 33/50 ~> 32/50

Edited by Flints

• ID: 32559
  • BD: 6 (Success) -1 EP

Emerath smiled as he saw Flints start to grasp more of the idea of this being an actual game mechanic rather than a real life martial arts ability. "Sometimes it's hard to remember we're living in a game world. Especially when it all seems so real. But people like me can do things never thought possible, and stuff like that. I could probably never be a real life martial artist like you." He continued to give strikes to the rock, now demonstrating a few kicks to see if Flints could pick up on those. "I envy your real world strength. I'm only strong in a video game."

Combat Results:

• Rock: 32/50 -> 30/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32562

BD: 8 (success)

"but still...it has to count for something..it has to." with that being said she ran back towards the boulder and yelled loudly, suddenly stopping and tossing herself into the air with all her might, at the last moment shifting her body in mid air to land a hard blow down onto the rock with her foot, a loud crunch resonated and at first when she landed she assumed it was herself breaking. but the new chip in the stone proved otherwise. " did you see that?! that's not game mechanics!" she laughed, it wasn't a critical blow but none the less she felt in her bones that it was most definitely her power, maybe she still could be her old self, she just had to awaken it with this skill. Flints smiled up at Emerath excitedly hoping for his approval, which was odd for her. she rarely sought approval from anyone but herself. she quickly looked down and coughed trying to blow off her actions, "its your turn now Emerath!"

Rock: 30/50 ~> 29/50

Edited by Flints

• ID: 32579
  • BD: 2 (Critical Failure) -2 EP

Emerath rolled his eyes at Flints, but couldn't hold back the chuckle at the woman. He gave her a sigh after her display, though in all honesty he found himself curious. Emerath had actual skill in the game, so what she did, by the game rules, technically had to work for him right? Emerath took a step back, and then did a charge forward, as Flints had done. He leapt into the air and threw a foot forward, and collided with the rock hard. But then nothing happened. Not even a chip or a shard. Emerath hadn't really hurt his foot though. It was odd. It was just... nothing.

Emerath forgot he was basically supported by nothing though, as in his distraction he landed with a thud on his butt. He heard a small crunch and he gave a loud groan. Oh god.... I think I broke my butt. the thought as he tried to fight a tear coming to his eye and gritted his teeth through the pain.

Combat Results:

• Rock: 29/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 3/6 -> 4/6 -> 2/6
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32587

BD: 3 (Failure) 

flints watched as Emerath followed her moves and leaped up into the air but his footing wasn't as flatly planted after his attack he fell hard and she heard what sounded like a crunch. "Uh, I really hope you had something in your pocket..or did you just..break your tail bone?" She tried hard to keep from laughing as she walked over to help him up. "This is why you should probably have more cushioning!" She teased and wiggled her hips.  In all the commotion she couldn't hold her focus and shot off a quick jab and heard a crack, but unfortunately it wasn't the rock. She pulled her hand back and cried out in pain, "I think I just broke my finger!!!" She turned to show Emerath and sure enough her finger was twisted awkwardly to the side. 

Rock: 29/50

Edited by Flints

• ID: 32594

Emerath gave a sigh as he looked at Flints' hand. His brother had done this kind of thing before. It was always due to recklessness or something of that nature. And that's what attributed to this event. But, thanks to his brother's past misadventures, he knew exactly how to handle this situation. He quickly grabbed the finger and before Flints could make any motion to move or pull away, he yanked on it as hard as he could to fully break and then reset the finger. It was a sickening thing, and it always made Emerath queasy, but it did the job. "There, now just don't cry. It'll hurt until the in-game healing kicks in, which should be any moment. But just in case, here's a bandage." He pulled one out of his pouch and handed it to Flints. Not that a bandage would do anything for a broken finger. But Emerath knew that.

Not wanting to waste anymore time goofing around, Emerath threw a few warmup punches at the rock. Nothing fancy. No chips were flying or anything. But he had to get back into the swing of things after breaking his behind.

Combat Results:

• Rock: 29/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 2/6 -> 3/6 -> 1/6
Edited by Emerath