[PP-F2] Beyond Brawn <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Emerath) complete!

ID: 32598

BD: 6 (success) 

Flints held her hand up in the air and wiggled the fingers that weren't broken as she gazed beyond them at the quickly approaching Emerath and before she count turn tail and run he already had her finger in his grip. The unsettling sound of her bone being broken again sent chills down her spine as she growled at Emerath's Bold move she quickly took a swipe at him with her other arm before turning and punching the Rock with the injured hand, to her surprise the rock chipped and she howled in pain. "The in game regeneration is no fun" she growled through bared teeth. she knew she shouldn't be angry at him for helping her but she was in too much pain to think otherwise. 

Rock: 29/50 ~> 28/50

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flints & Emerath vs. Massive Rock

• ID: 32617
  • BD: 5 (Failure) -2 EP

Emerath was pretty much at his breaking point with Flints. After he threw a few more warm-up punches at the rock, he whirled and glared at the woman. "Now, I'm going to make this clear to you. You are playing a game, Flints. A very dangerous game. This isn't some little joke. You are talking to a healer about not wanting to heal. Do you think that makes sense?" Emerath walked over to her in a huff and grabbed her injured hand, "I'm not always going to be around to heal your boo-boos, alright? You can actually die here. If that's your wish, then so be it." He let go of her hand and threw a roll of bandages on the ground in a bit of a rage. "They will be there if you need them. Wrap up your own hands, unbreak your own fingers and ribs. Hell, you shouldn't even be getting broken fingers and ribs. This is a game! It's all digital!"

As a motion, Emerath pulled out his old rapier that he had when he first got into the game, before he had decided to walk down the path of the martial artist. He took it and pushed the thin blade through his hand. It worked, mostly because he was actually in a dangerous zone, otherwise it wouldn't have done anything. It slid through, leaving a red digital hole. Emerath could feel the pain, but that was about it. His HP dropped by a point from the "blow" he had dealt to himself, and then Emerath pulled the rapier out and let Flints see that it had automatically healed. No hole, no blood, no nothing.

"Stop fighting the game. Let it do its thing, and survive." Still in a bit of a rage, Emerath turned and gave the rock a swift punch with the hand he had pushed the rapier through, but it did nothing more than let off a bit of steam. He threw a few more rage punches, just to make himself feel better as he thought, I don't care about this woman. I don't know why I'm even here. She's just a nuisance that is going to get herself, and maybe me and my brother, killed...

Combat Results:

• Rock: 28/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 1/6 -> 2/6 -> 0/6
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32649

BD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 Dmg

Flints watched as Emerath became a whole new person, their joking and his nuturing side suddenly vanished in his fit of rage. he tossed his bandages to the floor and started to angrily attack the Rock, but to no avail. She remembered when he had attacked her with the same fury. And winced at the thought, instinctually pressing her hand to her chest that no longer ached but still carried the scar of her past encounter with enraged Emerath. Then she remembered how before she distrusted him so much she even refused to pick up her weapon after their fighting so that she wouldn't leave herself exposed to attack. She felt differently now. She hoped Emerath was her commrad now. Quickly she walked to the bandages and picked them up and grabbed his hand, she was shaking a little. She was weaker than him and quickly this mission could go from hitting a rock to hitting her and this time she might not be so lucky. But despite how she felt she hissed out at him, "if this is just a game, and these things shouldn't happened, then truely we wouldn't have need for healers" without thinking she began to bandage his hand, a thing she had done for many years outside the game. But she knew to Emerath that Meant nothing. In game of course it wasn't perfect but she tried and released his hand from her grip then sent herself flying towards the Rock with a barage of deviating punches each one stronger than the next, she finished by swiftly kicking it again for good measure. The rocks surface became even more eroded as large chunks of it now laid at its foot. She didn't turn to Emerath to playfully taunt him this time she stood back quietly waiting for him to react to her earlier actions. Hopefully it wasn't negative, but with Emerath who knows. He was pretty difficult to read at times. 

Rock: 28/50 ~> 25/50

• ID: 32667
  • BD: 3 (Failure) -2 EP

Emerath was so sick of this woman. He hadn't even paid attention as her own seemingly rage induced attacks tore away at the rock. He hadn't stopped hitting the rock at all, as little good as that was doing him in terms of progress.

It wasn't until she came over and grabbed the hand he had pierced with the rapier that he even acknowledged her at all. As he turned in his rage, he had ended up taking a wild swing at Flints that had managed to miss entirely with his free hand. He supposed that was for the best, though he wouldn't have minded getting a hit off. As she wrapped up his hand he was going to point out the futility of the action considering there was no damage, but thought better of it, instead saying, "Look. The point is, you don't need to be some special badass. You need to heal, rest, eat, drink, and live. Just like the rest of us. It's all digital. Don't take it so seriously and say you broke a bone when your HP bar takes the brunt of the damage for you. Registering those levels of pain in a game designed to kill you will only bring you one step closer to death. Instead, do like the rest of us do, laugh off that HP hit and just get in there and hit the other guy harder."

Emerath placed his fist on the stone and stared hard at the gray surface. "You are needlessly weakening yourself by holding onto your attachment to the real world. To real world values. Don't bleed. Just laugh and gouge a digital hole in the other guy. Don't stifle healing, accept it and know that you will live to fight another day." He then turned back to Flints, a hardness in his eyes as he did so, "If you truly want to die, then I'll kill you. Right now. And you can end this charade."

Combat Results:

• Rock: 25/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 0/6 -> 1/6 -> 0/6
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32682

BD:6 (success) 

Flints quickly struck the Rock again, roaring loudly in anger at Emerath's speech, she refused to hit him. She fought herself. Anything to keep her from being what she was to Emerath before. Her body trembled with pent up aggression. Did Emerath really want to kill her? Did he really want to leave. Why did he even agree to come along with her? She didn't break focus as she continue to wail on the Rock, her roar turned into a faint and low cry as she pulled away from it. The successful attacks causing damage, but not as much as before. Was she really going to let him cloud her judgment? Maybe it was best if he finished her off here. Rather than later on when she felt safer around him. She scoffed at the idea of him betraying her in the future, If she grew strong and suddenly all of that wiped from her because she ended up trusting him, Them. Images of Emerath and Endilix danced behind her eyes as she spun around to face him. All the rage she had from their first encounter flooded into her body. She  held herself taught and looked him straight in the eyes and wildly exclaimed, "if you really must. Kill me. If that's your intention all along just do it already. Do it before I start to care for you more. Do it before I trust you more. Do it because you can, you cold meticulous creature Just. Kill. Me. Already. If you think you can't instill this into my mind who's to say anyone else will. Who's to say anyone else's opinions matter to me but yours. If I have to die. At least let it be by someone I trusted. Maybe it will finally teach myself that changing, even for you. Was a bad move." She spat the last few words out through gritted teeth. Her body shaking from her anger. The world once again stood still for her. She knew what was ahead. She knew this was it. Emerath was the wrong person for her to trust. He wrong person for her to undergo anything with. But like all things, the mind usually chooses what's most likely to kill you. 

Rock: 25/50 ~> 24/50

Emerath was pretty much done with the rock for now, as he just stood there, stonefaced, and stock still, while watching Flints go on her rampage. His arms were crossed, and his lips were pressed together in a silent mask of emotion. When she had finally finished going on, Emerath wiped a bit of spittle from his face and sighed, "The question wasn't if I wanted to kill you. I don't want to. The question was if you wanted to die. Which, based on your little rant, you don't want to die, but you're at least willing to accept your fate. That's better than me. I don't want to die, at any cost."

Emerath stood there for a moment, as he popped open his menu, opened up his equipment and then unequipped his suit and tie, and equipped his basic cloth clothes that he had started the game with. He then unequipped the shirt and the shoes, and stood there in just his pants. "I have an idea," he said, his bare chest practically glowing in the sun. It was obvious that Emerath did not take his shirt off often. He was not muscular by any means, but what muscles he did have were a contrast to the thinness of the rest of his figure. "Best two out of three, one-hit duels. No sword arts on my part. Just whoever can hit the other first two out of three times will win. You'll let out your frustration, and it'll be good practice for the rest of the rock. Are you game?" Emerath took a combat stance and bounced on the balls of his feet. He was actually noticing why martial artists tended to take their clothes off. He felt so light. A smile played on his lips, "Just say the word, and I'll send the first request."

Passive EP Regen +1

• 0/6 -> 1/6
Edited by Emerath

Flints watched as Emerath stripped down, flints had never seen him out of his suit so she looked him over quickly before looking away and snorting at the fact that she began to blush. She turned to face him and unequipped her clothing as well. She stood silently then slowly approached him, once they were at a foot apart she took her fighters stance, not breaking eye contact with her fore arm up in a blocking sort of motion, she didn't expect for Emerath to mimic her so she pulled away and and waited. "Alright. I'm pretty sure I outweigh you. So, hit me first."

Emerath wasn't sure what Flints was doing, but he assumed it was a sort of honor thing between fighters, and so Emerath returned the favor as best as he could when she did it. He wasn't sure if he did it right, but then Flints stepped back. Emerath popped open the menu again, and selected Flints for a PVP duel. He set the Condition as "One-HIt" and then sent the request to make it formal.

"Alright, as I said, this will be best two out of three. Between each duel we will allow the person taking the loss to recover their HP and the loser gets first attack on the next round. Let's keep it clean, and please, no low blows. I don't think it would affect much, but I'd rather not take any chances." He continued to bounce on the balls of his feet, his fists at the ready as he awaited her acceptance of the duel terms.

Passive EP Regen +1

• 1/6 -> 2/6
Edited by Emerath

Flints watched as Emerath bounded up and down and as soon as she was prompted she accepted. Not looking away from Emerath, she yet again waited for him to make his move. She felt silly doing this but whatever worked for him. Her anger had yet to fade but she wasn't in the spirit of things. She knew how this was going to go and felt as though he was mocking her in some way. But regardless she starred at him waiting for his next move. 

Emerath vs. Flints - Duel Condition: One-Hit

• ID: 32713
  • BD: 4 (Failure) -2 EP

Emerath had been preparing himself for the duel acceptance. He waited as the in game counter showed up, counting down from three. The duel would begin and as soon as it did Emerath lunged forward at the woman. But it was a wild swing, as he found himself actually falling short of the blow landing on the target. He hadn't considered the distance between them properly, and it might cost him. He looked at Flints with a bit of a wary expression, as he thought to himself, Oh crap, as he realized, one, how silly that must've looked, and two, the fact that he was now probably about to lose this first duel. He put his guard up and hoped that he could be fast enough to counter her maneuver.

Combat Results:

• Flints: 8/8
  • Emerath: 24/24
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 2/6 -> 3/6 -> 1/6
Edited by Emerath

ID: 32718

BD: 2 (Failure) 

Flints watched as Emerath swung right off the bat, she pulled herself back and swung downward in a defensive manor, she didn't hit her target but seeing as he fell short of his goal she too, took the same fault. She cocked her head to the side carefully watching Emerath's movements and thought to herself how odd they were. She shook her head and looked back up at him waiting for him to strike at her again, something felt off to her and made her feel queasy and unsettled. 

Flints: 8/8

Emerath: 24/24

Emerath vs. Flints - Duel Condition: One-Hit

• ID: 32721
  • BD: 7 (Success) -1 EP
    • No Sword Art Activated - Basic Attack

Emerath was a bit shaky as he watched Flints do an upward swing, and suddenly Emerath was a bit more relieved that he had missed the mark. He took the opportunity to go low in response, and then swept Flint's legs out from under her with a low kick. He watched as she fell, and her HP bar drained slightly, signaling that he had gotten the first hit and won the duel. He was a bit out of breath, less from the exertion, but more from the stress of fighting someone who was actually prepared to fight. As he caught his breath, he held his hand out to Flints to help her up, "That's one for me. You get first strike next duel. Heal up and rest up and let me know when you're ready for the next one." He smiled at her as he held out his hand, most of the initial tension having left him from exerting himself.

Combat Results:

• Flints: 8/8 -> 6/8
    • Flints Damaged - Duel Victor: Emerath
  • Emerath: 24/24
    • EP Regen +1
    • EP: 1/6 -> 2/6 -> 1/6
Edited by Emerath

Flints watched as Emerath came at her again instead of dodging she braced herself for another punch but instead he knocked her feet from under her, she fell hard and quickly pushed herself back up and dusted herself off. She looked up at Emerath with a blank expression and walked away from him waiting for her Hp to regenerate. She wasn't sure what to say, or what to think about their pvp. So she just went with it as best as she could. "Best two out of three" she thought to herself. "I guess I could handle getting knocked on my butt one more time." 

Emerath crossed his arms at Flints, who just seemed to be regarding him coldly. This was supposed to be a fun training exercise. He thought that she would like the idea of sparring with an actual partner. And the duel terms were fair. HP played no factor, just skill, and perhaps a bit of luck. But Emerath could tell that Flints seemed to be incredibly disinterested in this idea and so he said, "Just go back to punching the rock. We'll call it a draw. This isn't any good if you aren't having fun with it." Emerath didn't consider himself a sore loser, but he didn't think he'd ever be a sore winner either. He equipped his suit and tie again, and gave a sigh, as he looked off into the distant sky. His hair and tie fluttered quietly in the wind. The sooner we get this quest done, perhaps the happier she'll be, Emerath thought to himself as he looked down off the edge of the perilously high mountain.

She watched as Emerath clothed himself again and pout. She looked up at him and growled "I didn't say I was done." She straightened herself and walked over to him not ready to equip clothing again. She didn't know how to go about the pvp, but she defiantly wasn't going to let it end with him winning so easily. And if he did win, she was going to give him a hard time about it at least. 

Emerath turned around, a bit surprised that Flints was still challenging him rather than the rock. "What's this then?" he asked. Emerath crossed his arms with a frown, "Well, I thought you were disinterested. The least you could do is show that it's a little fun. It was supposed to be." He looked over to the rock. It had taken quite a bit of damage, and all they had to do was finish it off and here they were bickering about PVP on the edge of a mountain cliff. Emerath sighed, "If you really want to finish it, we can, I suppose. Whatever makes you happy, my dear." Emerath gave a polite bow at the end, trying to show Flints that he truly meant her no will ill, despite his earlier actions. He had just gotten riled up, is all. He wished there was an easier way to show Flints that.

"Well you thought wrong again!" Flints stated whilst walking up to Emerath who was bowed, she waited for him to come back up and hugged him, gently moving him away from the edge of the mountain to keep her worries at ease. If he was anything like her the last thing he needed was to be near the edge of anything. She laughed and let him go before he could argue with her. It's up to you. "I mean I guess we don't have to."

ID:32725

BD: 6 (success)

Flints bounded over to the Rock and kicked it and smiled when it gave way to her attack, she let out her breath that she felt she had been holding in for a while, finally she was a little bit more at ease. 

Rock: 24/50 ~> 23/50

• ID: 32766
  • BD: 7 (Success) -1 EP

Emerath was a bit shocked at Flints giving him a hug. As he was hugged, he wasn't exactly welcoming of it, but he awkwardly gave the woman a pat on the back as he was pulled away from the edge of the mountain. It's not like I was going to jump or anything... he thought to himself, but shrugged as she ran off to get back to her quest. "Well, we can finish sparring after you're an actual martial artist. We'll make it a rain check," he said as he walked over to the rock.

He stopped a good distance away before deciding to attempt the kick he had seen Flints too earlier. Emerath got a running head start and then leapt into the air as he connected with the rock and it made a solid cracking sound. Emerath pushed off the rock and landed on his feet, and for one fleeting moment, Emerath was afraid he had completed the quest for Flints. He wasn't actually sure if that would count or not. But no, there was just a very thin crack running down the center of the rock. He turned to Flints with a smile, "Looks like we're getting there."

Combat Results:

• Rock: 23/50 -> 21/50
  • Emerath:
    • EP: 6/6 -> 5/6
Edited by Emerath

Flints watched as Emerath awkwardly tried I handle the idea of her actions, she made a mental note not to touch Emerath again and laughed to herself at the thought of him ever actually letting her get close to him. "Not even in my wildest dreams then I guess" she thought to herself before wondering if maybe she just wasn't a likable person. But then again in Aincrad she doubt that really mattered. 

ID: 32769

BD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 dmg

A little flustered flints immediately took out her feelings on the Boulder hoping to suppress the thoughts she had. Her effort really showed as the rock broke and chipped more than a usual strike would allow it, she quickly combined her attack with faster kicks and punches unsure where her sudden burst of energy came from but it was very welcome. "Yeah..that's sounds like a good idea!" She turned and smiled at Emerath whilst wiping the Flakes from the Boulder off her bare skin. 

Rock: 21/50 ~> 18/50 

Edited by Flints

• ID: 32823
  • BD: 6 (Success) -1 EP

Emerath had seen the confusion in Flints eyes when he had reacted the way he did to her hug. He hadn't meant to give her the wrong idea. He just wasn't ever really... touched by people. Except in combat. At least in this game. The thought of a hug was a bit foreign to him. He didn't dislike it. He just wasn't, well good at that type of thing. These thoughts ran through his head as he punched at the rock besides Flints, causing more shards to go flying as they worked together to whittle the thing down. She was certainly doing more than he was, but Emerath was okay with that. It was her quest after all. Finally, after letting the thoughts scurry around his brain enough, he said while still focused on the rock, "I don't dislike hugs. I just... don't ever get them. I'm sorry if I seemed like I didn't want you to hug me. I didn't know how to react."

Combat Results:

• Rock: 18/50 -> 16/50
  • Emerath:
    • Passive Energy Regen +1
    • EP: 5/6 -> 6/6 -> 5/6
Edited by Emerath