[PP-F10] WHO YA GONNA CALL!? <<Wail of the Banshee>> (Ssendom + Takao)

Warping into the 10th floor, Ssendom's eyes immediately began to glow green. The darkness faded, his eye site adjusting to make it seem as though it were bright enough on the floor to see perfectly. He pulled a piece of paper out of his inventory and read the quest details upon it, he made a mental note to himself that the NPC will approach him when he reaches a certain location near Tartarus. He placed the quest paper inside his inventory and immediately began his trek to the spot where the NPC would confront him and ask for his assistance. He really didn't care what else there was to say about the quest, he was determined to fell the Banshee and leave so he would be able to get right back to powering up his level for the Floor Boss.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takao's eyebrows raised at the elderly looking woman that had approached him. She definitely fit the description of suspicious, with her wry black hair and dirty clothing, and her voice filled with despair and desperation. The icon above her head denoted her status as a quest giving NPC, yet he already knew that much before she'd approached him. He scratched the length of his jaw as the confirmation window appeared, and despite his hesitance to take the quest, he pressed the confirm button. The window in front of him disappeared and a new quest was added to his list. The old woman promised him a handsome reward, to which he hummed and nodded halfheartedly in sarcastic response. His head turned and he glanced around in the darkness. "Wonder if there's anybody around that's doing this one too..?" he said, just before mindlessly delving into his inventory and bringing out a small snack to fight back his growing hunger.

- -

« Manju » consumed. ( +9 Mitigation / 1 Thread)

Upon walking to the location a quest box appeared as someone else had come in contact with the woman just as Ssendom had in the vicinity. He walked up to the man standing in front of the woman with the wry black hair and considerable nasty looking skin. He pressed accepted upon reaching him, he turned his head to look at the man and gave him a simple nod after seeing the indicator over their heads were green. Without saying a word he continued his sauntered walk forward. Ssendom couldn't seem to remove the grin that rested upon his face, he had heard rumors about the banshee boss actually being a tough boss to face. Just thinking about the fight was beginning to get him a little giddy to say the least.

The sound of approaching footsteps alerted Takao to the presence of another, and upon turning his head to the side and glancing over his shoulder, he could make out the figure of another person. The cursor above their head and tell-tale eyes that suggested the usage of the night vision skill were obvious signs that it was another player, who nodded to him upon accepting the same quest and passing by. He glanced down at the NPC for a brief moment before catching up to Ssendom, and speaking clear enough to grab his attention. "Hey! Since we both picked up that quest at the same time, how 'bout we party up for it? It'll make it a lot easier on the both of us."

The man quickly rushed to catch up with Ssendom, the man was saying that they should look to grouping up together since they took the quests together. Ssendom stopped walking then opened his menu HUD going to the group section of it and inviting this man of whom he had never met before to a party. Afterwards he closed his menu HUD and extended his hand, "The name's Ssendom." The rattle and raggedness in his voice sounded as though he hadn't been drinking water on a regular basis, the emptiness in his voice made it sound as though something was bugging him and he couldn't get his mind off of it. The bags under his eyes further emphasized that something was bugging him mentally and wasn't sleeping well over it. Ssendom noticed that the man didn't have Night Vision and made a mental note to watch out for him inside Tartarus.

Takao's eyes fell down onto the prompt as it opened in front of him barely a moment after his suggestion to party up. He didn't bother with hesitating and quickly pressed the confirmation button. With the knowledge that he was at a severe disadvantage in the dark, and even more so against the monsters the quest would require for him to fight, which made the decision to party clear. Plus, he suggested it in the first place. It'd be rather rude to decline. He glanced upward to the second health gauge that appeared beneath his own and read off the name in his head, before the player decided to introduce himself. Takao reached out and met the hand for a firm shake, and accompanied the gesture with his habitually warm smile. "Nice t'meetcha. I'm Takao." he said before pulling his hand back. "I guess we should probably talk tactics before we get into it, huh?"

After Ssendom pulled his hand away he turned to walk into the dungeons of Tartarus, "From the rumors I heard she is rather simple to face..." He began to speak but quickly needed to cough as he hadn't been used to speaking after so long of keeping his own silence. He opened his inventory as they walked and pulled out a water and immediately drank all of it. He let out a sigh of relief with the refreshment the water gave him. Shortly there after he cleared his voice, "I know there are a few guards you have to deal with before fighting her. After that you face her, nothing much to it just smash her face in and call it a day." He seemed strangely calm, this had been mentioned as one of the harder quests upon the first ten floors. But the difficulty didn't seem to bug him in the slightest, he was trotting a long as if it were just another day.

Takao slowly nodded along with Ssendom's explanation of his knowledge in regards to the quest. He knew very little of the finer details himself, having only skimmed over the information available to players by others that had completed the quest before him. Despite the lack of light, he managed to catch a glimpse of the weapon the other player carried, and he made a few assumptions regarding his skill set. "Right... So, here's how I think we can go about this," Takao said, clearing his throat before he spoke again. "If you can take down the guards with an AoE, and maybe hit her as well, I'll focus on hitting her with a stun. Then we should be able to take her down without too much trouble. I can't guarantee success on my part though, my sight isn't great on this floor."

Ssendom nodded at the man's plan, "My AOE is limited to four targets, so how about we go about the plan this way. I'll take the attention of the guards and you being combat with the Banshee. I should be able to handle the guard's without any issue. And you being a One-Handed Sword user you're more equipped for one on one combat." He began spouting his in-depth knowledge of the game. His voice seemed confident and his logic was on point. "Being a Two-Handed Sword User I can stun the group of Guard's giving you a straight uninterrupted path to the Banshee for you to engage her. After that their Hate totals will force them to fight me and I'll accompany you on her if I destroy them before you eviscerate her. And vice versa if you kill her before I can take down the group." His demeanor never changed, his focus did not turn to look at him, Ssendom was completely in the zone and was determined to finish this quick. He kept peering around for the boss room but wasn't within his field of view just yet. "Keep your eyes peeled for the room."

ID: 32593

LD: 6 + 1 = 7

"Right. That sounds good to me." he said, casting a momentary glance to his health gauge. Engaging the banshee on his own was a daunting enough task, but given that he wasn't the type of person to back down from a challenge, he found himself on-board with the plan despite knowing of his disadvantage. If he were lucky enough, he'd be able to stun the banshee immediately and spare himself the risk of sustaining damage, but taking her down himself by the time Ssendom dealt with the other mobs was fairly unlikely. He squinted as he glanced ahead, noticing something that stuck out in the darkness. "I think that's our place."

- -

» ID : [[ 32595 ]]
» LD : [[ 16 ]]

«Banshee Lair» located.

Ssendom nodded to Takao, and started running up. As Ssendom entered the Banshee's Lair she wailed and 4 guards sprouted out of the ground with swords and shields at the ready, "You ready to do this!?" He exclaimed, his demeanor changing a lot. He was excited and was craving a GOOD fight unlike the Dark Elf he dispatched earlier that day. He rushed forward ripping his blade out of it's scabbard his voice rolling it to a roar that echoed the halls of Tartarus itself. The Skeletal Guards Charged and start striking at Ssendom. Two of them got strong blows the other doing a sufficient enough of a strike and the last being blocked by Ssendom's Blade, after which he cleaved them all with blast and stunned them all, "Change of plans, their Mitigation is very high. If you can do an AOE on them the Banshee won't attack until she is aggro'd. They're here to prevent us from doing that. We'll down her with combined strength instead since I didn't know they had Mitigation." He mentioned to Takao as he began breathing heavy.

------------------

ID: 32599

MD: 10

ID: 32600

MD2: 9

ID: 32601

MD3: 2

ID: 32602

MD4: 8

BD: 8

------------------

Ssendom 47/98 -51

Takao 110/110

Guard 1 39/40 -1 stunned

Guard 2 39/40 -1 stunned

Guard 3 39/40 -1 stunned

Guard 4 39/40 -1 stunned

Banshe 250/250

Takao followed closely behind Ssendom as he charged forward toward the lair, using the outline of his silhouette coupled with the sounds of his footsteps to orientate himself along the way. He reached over his shoulder and pulled his sword free of the scabbard on his back after Ssendom did, though his advance was considerably less vocal. The brunet had started to move around the force of four guardians before Ssendom called out to him and updated him on the situation. The guardians had mitigation, and although Ssendom had managed to stun them, the damage he dealt was minimal. He didn't hesitate to intervene after noticing the damage his temporary companion sustained, immediately changing his advance without a second thought and approaching the four monsters. "No worries, I got 'em!" he called out as he poised his sword in just the right way to activate a sword art. The sharpened metal began to glow red, piercing through the darkness. The system guided the movements that followed, and a deft thrust was placed through each of the four monster's chests. All four were dispelled and reduced to translucent shards as the dust settled, which allowed Takao the time to glance over his shoulder. "You alright?"

- -

» ID : [[ 32597 ]]
» BD : [[ C.HIT (10 + 3(ACC) - 1(Environment)) ]]
» MD : [[ C.HIT (10 - 3(EVA)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 110/110 HP ]]
[[ 13/25 Energy ]] 
«Sharp Nail» used. (-12 Energy)

« Undead Guardian Zombie 1 »
[[ 0/40 HP ]]
[[ 9(DMG) + 2 critical * (3*2) = -66HP ]]
« Undead Guardian Zombie 2 »
[[ 0/40 HP ]] 
« Undead Guardian Zombie 3 »
[[ 0/40 HP ]] 
« Undead Guardian Zombie 4 »
[[ 0/40 HP ]] 

« Banshee »
[[ 250/250 HP ]]

Ssendom wiped his face where a scar sat from the Skeletal Guardians, "My apologies, their algorithms are slightly more advanced than the standard monsters on this floor. And I had to deal with the mobs on the hunt for the 11th floor boss, but these are smarter than those. My apologies for the mistake, won't happen again." He assured his ally in combat. He gripped his blade tight, and shrugged his shoulder his face was still determined un-phased by the unpleasant amount of damage he had received from the creatures. "Alright, Use everything you got on her, make her regret existing." using the moment they had while outside of combat to drink a Health Potion he had acquired from his hunting pal and ex-Commandant. "I'll let you lead into your stun, after which I'll follow you up." He reassured his teammate who just covered his back.

Ssendom 62/98 +15 | 16/22 Energy [1/3 to fully recover] |

Takao 110/110

Banshe 250/250

Takao shook his head dismissively at the apology and turned his attention to the Banshee, who seemed unfazed by the defeat of her guardians. "It's all good. Truth be told, this is only my second time on this floor, so I really don't know much about the enemies regardless." he said as his attention returned to Ssendom, watching him drink the health potion to recover some of his lost health. He glanced up at their health gauges, then back to the Banshee that had yet to display any signs of aggression. "Lead in with a stun..." he parroted Ssendom's plan, nodding his head slowly. "Alright. Give me a minute to get my energy back up though. Even if I do manage to hit now, I won't have enough energy afterward to be able to help take her down."

- -

[[ 14/25 Energy ]] (1 Energy Recovered | 2/3 turns until full recovery.)

Ssendom nodded knowing he would need to do the same. This broad wasn't going to come down nice and easy, and he needed to make sure he had the Energy to apply two massive strikes to help chunk her HP down. He peered around, noticing she wasn't in any hurry to fight them. He took this to his advantage as he dropped down to a knee. He was thinking of which sword arts in what order to use to maximize his damage output and speed a long this fight. He also was making mental notes of his allies strength and assessing that into his calculations alongside the fact that the dark room was definitely going to pose an issue for his new found comrade. Thus Ssendom needed to make sure to watch the aggro table and to precisely time when they need to switch who takes the hit. "Just let me know when you're ready."

Ssendom 65/98 | 17/22 Energy [2/3 to fully recover] |

As he felt his energy slowly return, he glanced skyward without moving his head. Ssendom's health was returning slowly as well, but he didn't count on them having forever to recover with the looming threat of the Banshee lurking just out of reach. He lowered himself down to a knee, blade held tightly in his right hand, and his eyes straining to keep a close eye on the figure in the darkness. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit spooked." he said in the midst of a half laugh, exhaling an uneasy huff of air from his lungs. He trusted himself to still be rather evasive even in the darkness, and his mitigation could dampen some of the blows, but he wasn't going to put his money on simply outlasting the monster.

- -

[[ 15/25 Energy ]] (1 Energy Recovered | 1/3 turns until full recovery.)

Ssendom chuckled at Takao when he mentioned being somewhat spooked, "I'd be lying if I honestly said I was... It's pretty bright in here." He replied in a sort of smart alecky way to try and keep the mood light. He was finally beginning to relax from the unnecessary inner turmoil he placed upon himself. He slowly began to realize that something isn't right when he's not neck deep if combat alongside someone to share the honor and glory of the fight. Ssendom turned his head to look at Takao, and for the first time it seemed as though Ssendom was actually seeing the man instead of looking through him, "It aint fun unless death looms overhead." He chuckled placing his fist out for a fist bump while his blade is pierced downward into the ground.

Ssendom 68/98 | 22/22 Energy [Full Recover] |

Takao glanced sidelong to Ssendom and chuckled dryly at his comments. He barely managed to catch the gesture, but when he had noticed, he raised his fist out to bump Ssendom's as he slowly rose to stand. "I think we might have different ideas of fun." he said as he gave the sword in his hand a spin by rolling his wrist. "No use wastin' any more time. We ready?" he shifted his attention from his new-found ally to the Banshee and rolled his shoulders, just waiting on the last minute confirmation before he rushed in to engage while using the little time that remained to plan out the finer details of how he intended to go about fighting the monster.

- -

[[ 25/25 Energy ]] ( Energy fully recovered. )

After he notices Takao standing up, Ssendom follows suite. "People tend to mention that I have a twisted since of fun, but I say that just builds character." He chuckled with a wicked grin on his face knowing what Takao would then follow with, which in his mind was really all he was waiting for. Ssendom gripped his Dusk Reaver tight as he let a gasp of air he had been holding for a bit out. He eyes were beaming with intensity to the point he was basically exuding it into his surroundings, so much so it could practically be felt. The hairs on his arm started to stand up as his excitement level rose, "Lets do this." He eek'd out in an eerily intense voice.

Ssendom 71/98 HP | 22/22 Energy |

After one last glance and nod of his head, Takao's attention was centered on the Banshee. He quickly closed the distance that kept the two apart with his blade raised and, when he'd deemed himself close enough, prepared a sword art. The length of his sword began to shine through the darkness, which made it actually rather uncomfortable to look at given how his eyes were partially adjusted to the low levels of light, and he relinquished control to the system. In doing so, he very quickly realized that he'd misjudged the distance as a result of his poor depth perception - turns out basing one's attack solely on shadows and silhouettes probably wasn't the most accurate method. He grunted and contorted his body just enough to evade the Banshee's own attack in retaliation. "Crap, hang back a minute! I missed the stun!"

- -

» ID : [[ 32636 ]]
» BD : [[ MISS (2 + 3(ACC) - 1(Environment) - 2(EVA)) ]]

» MD : [[ MISS (2 - 3(ACC)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 110/110 HP ]]
[[ 23/25 Energy ]] Missed.
 (-2 Energy)
[[ HATE : 0 ]]

« Banshee »
[[ 250/250 HP ]]