[PP-F10] WHO YA GONNA CALL!? <<Wail of the Banshee>> (Ssendom + Takao)

Ssendom's eyebrow twitched as his annoyance for the term stand back was stated to him. Ssendom was not one to ever hold back, the only thing he knew how to do was let loose and go wild. He blitzed forward, "Not a chance in hell mate!" He shouted in his dashed blade glowing it's standard black, but in the dark light it was almost impossible to tell if he had activated one. He lunged forward barely spinning around so that his back would be toward's her, his blade still angled downwards. "Back Rush!" He shouted as he jammed his blade behind him piercing into her face causing a horrific wail that began to ring in the ears of Ssendom. He landed on the ground near her his right hand over his right ear, "Damn this broad can really belt it."

ID: 32639

BD: 9 (Crit)

Ssendom 71/98 HP | 17/22 Energy |

Banshee 205/250 HP | (8 + 1 Crit) x 5 = 45 DMG

Edited by Ssendom
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takao hadn't enough time to prepare his next attack before Ssendom shouted out and rushed in. His eyes widened and brows furrowed as his sword art was preparing for usage, though it proved to be just a bit too late. "Uh- wait! I haven't grabbed it's aggro yet-" was all he'd managed to get out when he heard the Banshee shout out from simulated pain, and noticed the health gauge drop a bit. He swallowed and allowed the system to guide his hand, but he proved just a bit too slow. The Banshee turned suddenly to face Ssendom and, after releasing a shriek in response to his successful hit, she lashed out with her clawed hand. Despite having superior mitigation and only catching a glimpse of the hit, he was sure that even if he had garnered her attention, he probably wouldn't have fared any better. Takao quickly delved into his inventory and retrieved two health crystals - one he shoved into Ssendom's hand, and the other he prepared to use himself. "Heal, Ssendom!" he said after stopping alongside his injured ally. The health it recovered was minimal, but it was better than nothing. "Use that one too. I'll try and get its attention in the meantime."

- -

» ID : [[ 32641 ]]
» BD : [[ MISS (2 + 3(ACC) - 1(Environment) - 2(EVA)) ]]

» MD : [[ C.HIT (9 - 3(EVA)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 110/110 HP ]]
[[ 22/25 Energy ]] Missed.
 (-2 Energy)
[[ HATE : 0 ]]

« Ssendom »
[[ 26/98 HP ]] [[ 60(DMG) = -60HP ]] [[ Health Crystal used. +15 HP ]]
[[ 17/22 Energy ]]
[[ Hate : 2 ]]

« Banshee »
[[ 205/250 HP ]]

Ssendom felt a claw scrape across him, her hand completely fazed through his armor and left deep massive gashes through his chest. His one eye closed wincing in the sheer massive amount of pain caused by the harp. 'What in the world is this!?' He shouted in anger in his thoughts. He looked up at the Banshee noticing his HP drop into the red. He immediately felt an item get shoved into his hand, he crushed it immediately seeing his health recover half of what was ripped out of him. He reattuned his focus back onto the Banshee and knew he needed to do something and fast. He dashed back twice to get a great deal of distance from the Banshee obtaining a reach he thought she couldn't make without him reacting. He was watching to see if the banshee would chase him or would change focus to the closest target that was to her. He knew he needed to be careful here due to her immense amount of damage.

Ssendom 41/98 HP | 18/22 Energy |

Banshee 205/250 HP |

Edited by Ssendom

Takao had a choice to make. He could either go for the banshee and try to garner its attention via hate, or he could follow behind Ssendom during his retreat and continue to heal him, until it was no longer possible for the Banshee to take him down in a single hit. The choice seemed obvious, at least to him. He dove into his inventory and retrieved two crystals again, then quickly followed behind Ssendom. The banshee momentarily switched its sights to him and took a swing, but he managed to evade it without issue. When he neared Ssendom, he pushed another crystal into his hands, and recited the common line to use the crystal on him. The health gauge rose again, though he still wasn't entirely out of harm's way. "Use that one too. I've only got six more like it, so we'll have to make them count."

- -

» ID : [[ 32726 ]]
» BD : [[ MISS (2 + 3(ACC) - 1(Environment) - 2(EVA)) ]]

» MD : [[ MISS (5 - 3(EVA)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 110/110 HP ]]
[[ 21/25 Energy ]] Missed. 
(1 energy recovered) (-2 Energy)
[[ HATE : 0 ]]

« Ssendom »
[[ 56/98 HP ]] [[ Health Crystal used. +15 HP ]]
[[ 18/22 Energy ]]
[[ Hate : 2 ]]

« Banshee »
[[ 205/250 HP ]]

Ssendom watch Takao effortlessly dodge a strike from the banshee as if she wasn't after him with the same kind of revenge that she had for himself. He saw his HP goi up even more and felt another crystal enter the palm of his hands. Without hesitating he crushed it immediately healing back up to the HP he had before he got mollywopped. Seeing his HP back in the safe zone from a strike from the Banshee he reared his legs to charge in for another strike. "Thank you, I'll make sure to reimburse you when this is over. Just make sure to give me a quote afterwards. Now lets do this, and don't hold back like you have so far." He chuckled to lighten the mood of one of them possibly dying here against her. He launched forward with his Sword Skill Avalanche prepared but the Banshee seemed to be waiting for Ssendom to blitz forward to strike, swiftly dodging him with a side step quick enough to catch his back exposed. Ssendom was grinning expecting her to do that though, he spun around and slammed his blade into the side of the Banshee with devastating force causing her to keel over in pain.

ID: 32727

BD: 9 = Hit + Stunned

Ssendom 71/98 HP | 18/22 Energy -1 |

Banshee 196/250 HP -9 | STUNNED (2 Turn Immunity)

Takao grumbled in response to Ssendom, but nodded nonetheless. If Ssendom had waited when he failed with his attempt to stun the monster, he would've likely been spared the damage. Of course, that also meant that Takao might've endured a similar fate, so the situation was spun against their favour either way he put it. With the Banshee's back turned to him, he shifted his posture and poised his blade in just the right position to activate a sword art. His movements turned to a blur as the system took over, and in a matter of seconds, five deft thrusts were followed by a downward cut, which was then succeeded by a pair of upward cuts. The stunned monster shuddered from the damage, and its health dropped considerably from the blow.

- -

» ID : [[ 32728 ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (3 + 3(ACC) - 1(Environment) + 1(Concentration)) ]]

» MD : [[ STUNNED (7) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 110/110 HP ]]
[[ 13/25 Energy ]]
«Howling Octave» used. (-8 Energy)
[[ HATE : 1 ]]

« Ssendom »
[[ 71/98 HP ]]

[[ 17/22 Energy ]]
[[ Hate : 4 ]]

« Banshee » *STUNNED*
[[ 120/250 HP ]] [[ 9(DMG) * (8*1) = -72HP ]]

Edited by Takao

Ssendom reared his blade in a clockwork circle bringing his blade up to attempt to smash upon the unsuspecting Banshee as she managed to just regain control of herself. He spun himself so much so that his blade gathered tons of velocity causing it to slam into her while his back was to her. The sheer power and force generated along with Ssendom sheer brute strength that was within his arms caused the Banshee to slam into the nearby wall shattering it with her collapsing into the following room. He finished his spin dropping his sword onto his shoulder, "Nicely done." He placed his fist out to his teammate who followed him up with brutal strength, he was very pleased with their teamwork.

ID: 32729

BD: 10 = Hit 

Ssendom 71/98 HP | 14/22 Energy -5 + 1 |

Banshee 70/250 HP -50 | UNSTUNNED (1 Turn Immunity)

Takao followed closely behind Ssendom's attack and launched a subsequent strike of his own. He held the blade out to his side after the Banshee slammed into the wall and, while the monster was still stunned by both the brutal hit as well as the earlier sword art's effect, he placed seven adroit thrusts in the design of a certain constellation along  the monster's body. As the dust settled, the monster shuddered, and ultimately burst into the comforting translucent fragments of data that scattered through the air. He took a step back and exhaled a deep, guttural groan of relief. "That was waaaaay too close." he said as he turned back to Ssendom. "Let's bail before anything else decides to try and jump us."

- -

» ID : [[ 32730 ]]
» BD : [[ C.HIT (3 + 3(ACC) - 1(Environment)) ]]

» MD : [[ MISS (2) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 110/110 HP ]]
[[ 5/25 Energy ]] 
«Deadly Sins» used. (-8 Energy)
[[ HATE : 4 ]]

« Ssendom »
[[ 71/98 HP ]]

[[ 14/22 Energy ]]
[[ Hate : 6 ]]

« Banshee »
[[ DEAD ]] [[ 9(DMG) + 2 critical * (7*1) = -77HP ]]

Ssendom looked at Takao and laughed, "You're right it was very close, but not close enough in my opinion. If you want to get out of here as fast as we can I'm all for that. I did want to see something that's on this floor that was been talked about but no one really knows the meaning of why it is there or anything about it. Care to explore the floor a bit so I can reimburse you for your personal potions you used on me." He finished saying as his laughter rolled into a chuckle. He slid his massive sword into it's Scabbard as he began walking back toward the entrance. "Also you're quite the admirable fighter." He complimented his ally as he strolled a long.

Takao's lengthy exhale turned to an exhausted chuckle to match Ssendom's laugh. He shook his head dismissively at the thought that it hadn't been close enough. Takao could respect enjoying the thrill and excitement of a fight, at least to some extent. After all, he did feel the same way, though he couldn't imagine any of the higher leveled players got where they were because they didn't find some kind of enjoyment in the act of battle. "Well, I'm sure this boss fight'll be close enough to fill that void." he said, his words followed by another dry chuckle. He didn't trust himself to navigate his way out of the darkness alone, so sticking together seemed to be the best course of action. "I'll stick around for a bit then. Not too sure I could find my way out of here on my own, to be honest. Oh, and thanks! I'd say the same about you, but I don't formidable would do you justice. Beastly suits you better, I think."

Ssendom began walking toward the exit of Tartarus, his armor clanking on the ground making it rather easy to follow him by sound. Ssendom looked at Takao with curiosity his bright green eyes from his Night Vision skill making it evident that he was looking in the man's direction, "What prompts you do incline that Formidable is not enough and you coin me as 'Beastly'? Not that I mind being praised as such." He stated with a humorous tone to his voice, he felt honored that someone would give him such high praise. "I don't think I did anything worth such glorification if I were to say so myself. In fact I'd probably rail on myself more for my mistakes." He continued.

Takao raised his arm and slid his sword over his shoulder, into the empty scabbard on his back. It wasn't exactly the smartest decision to go wandering around in the "wilderness" without his sword out and at the ready, but he couldn't necessarily be prepared for an ambush regardless. "You put that Banshee into the wall with one swing. I'd say that's a pretty good qualifier, 'specially considering how she was handing us our own butts there for a while." he said, chuckling dryly at their close call. The sudden turn-around that spun the battle in their favour was amazing, almost as if some kind of citrus based magics had been at play. "But it could've gone worse either way, though. She was a lot more evasive than I was anticipating... I can how bad that would've gone if I'd taken it on my own like I was planning to."

When Takao mentioned how Ssendom sent the Banshee through the wall he scratched the back of his head with a grin on his face. "Yeah, I haven't come across many Two-Handed Weapon users. The few I have met have met with ill fates, so some strength is a bit necessary for the lack of defense that comes with it." He mentions, "And yeah, I was planning on handling her solo as well. This was a far better outcome than I was expecting." He nods to himself while say as they finally exit the dungeons of Tartarus. Instead of turning left to head back to town he turns right and heads on deeper in the Darkened Wilderness of the 10th floor.

"I know a few," Takao said as he followed alongside Ssendom, only briefly glancing at the exit to the dungeons of Tartarus as they passed by. "...Knew a few. Not so many around anymore though, like you said. At least not many notable people." he said as only a handful of names crossed his mind. "The only reason I chose this is 'cause I know how to use them in real life, but that didn't end up meaning much in game after all." He cast a sidelong glance at Ssendom at the mention that he'd been expecting the outcome to be worse, and given how close it had been, it seemed like his expectations were rather low. "I couldn't imagine what you were expecting if that's what you'd consider 'far better.'"

Ssendom's attention was turned back to the path they were traveling, "I always expect the worse, and aim to do better. Every fight no matter how meaningless or meaningful they might be will always have the same outcome before the fight in my mind." He stated, he took a sigh then a deep breath before he continued. "I expect to die every single time, for I do not fear death." He stopped for a second a grin grew on his face wide, he was rather proud of what he was about to say. "The only thing I fear is dying dishonorably." He said with enthusiasm and vigor.

"I uh... I see." Takao said, nodding thoughtfully. He was generally open minded, and that fact hadn't changed on this particular matter regardless of how greatly his opinion differed. "I like to keep a positive outlook on things, 'specially when I do stuff in groups. It keeps everybody's hopes up, 'n hope is good, y'know? But at the end of the day, the end result is what matters. All the more power to you if it keeps you moving forward." he said, chuckling dryly at the enthusiasm his traveling companion spoke with. "I think I'm kinda over my fear of death by now. It's hard to be afraid of it and still be... like... here, y'know? Like on the higher floors fighting and stuff, or getting ready for the boss fight. This darkness is pretty spooky though, I'll admit."

As Ssendom listened to Takao's explainations about what drove him forward, "I can respect that outlook on life greatly. That is what most people need in this world, I don't know why it drives me forward personally. But like you said all that matters is the end result." He shrugged his shoulders, "It's like the competitive nature in me just came out when we entered this world, I held the level of expectation out of myself while I played sports." He finished. His words seemed like they were bouts of Confidence and Talking himself up but he kept the same calm cool expression he had when walking to the Banshee's boss room. as they had reached a wall that seemed peculiarly high. After stretching his arms he began to climb his way up still clad in his full Heavy Metal Plate armor, it'd seemed like something completely comfortable of him doing. "If you didn't know, I was a bit of a workout warrior in the real world."

"I can definitely feel you on the competitiveness thing." Takao said as he stared at the wall. With a combination of his various relevant skills, he jumped up and scaled the sheer surface through a series of acrobatics and athletics, seemingly having no trouble with the feat as well. "I love provin' people wrong, man, 'specially when its about them doubting what I can do or something. Always feels great." he said as he moved up the vertical wall. "But yeah, even just a bit of positivity can go a long way for some people. Gives 'em something to fight for sometimes."

Ssendom enjoyed the patience and work out there was to scaling a wall normally, he didn't take much longer to reach the top where Takao had easily beat him to. After he was completely on his feet. "Competitiveness gets the heart going, but anyways it was a long pointless journey but I simply wanted to point out this." He pointed forward to a large tear in the world. The edges of it glowing an ominous purple on the edges of the tear as it stood there in the dead middle of a barren field, "I personally haven't tried entering myself as I heard it simply just rejects people and it's impossible to enter a second time." Was all he said before crossing his arms.

Takao sat at the peak of the wall they'd scaled with his feet hanging over the edge. When Ssendom joined him at the top and pointed out the purpose for their sudden bout of seemingly unwarranted ascension. He raised an eyebrow at the sight of the tear, then tilted his head at the explanation that was provided. "Uh huh..." he said, nodding slowly. "Well! Good luck in there then." He offered up a wide smile, rather clearly disinterested in delving into the ominous rift. If he had a quota of risks to meet for the day, he'd sure exceeded it and then some. "I'll just wait out here for you."