[SP - F1] The way of potions and crystals<<Earning a Living>>

After storing the Rosemary flower next to the root, I take a long and useless road toward the South exit... On my way there I randomly spit out profanities at people and laugh at their futile attempt to punch me and/or beat me. Most of them had given into anger and forgot that this was a [censored]*ng safe zone. After sticking the all known 'peace' sign to my forehead, sign that consisted of a horizontal oriented thumb and a vertical oriented index finger while the remaining one were clenched in a semi-fist, and shouting "LOSER!" to my latest 'victim' I can finally see the massive southern exit gates. My mood improves exponentially at the sight as I quicken my pace and escape the confines of the safe zone and head directly towards the nearby forest.

ID# 34094  LD: 6 (No gathering material)

Edited by Dracul

Okay now to find oak trees! I was staring to get exited as I already had 2 names crossed off my list. This was a easy task after all, despite the pointless ..*ahem* setback. As I entered the forest, the smell of Beech and Norway spruce make me a bit melancholic about my home and the woods there in the Carpathian mountains. I even found among the swiss pines, the Pinus Nigra or ash elm, a tree breed that was indigenous to my country. I moved pass by the giants black tree not wanting to get all emotional and s*it.

ID# 34096  LD: 9 (No gathering material)

Edited by Dracul

I continued the search for oaks for merely half an hour until I found one. Well I found a bunch of them, some white ones, red ones, common stuff.. oh and I also saw that Pedu................Peduncu.....................Pedunculate! type you known, the brown one!  but as soon as I approached the first one, my eyes fixated on the moss on the ground. Hastily picking up a piece I see that it changed its flavor text and was now listed as a crafting material. "About time!"

I once again pull my list and make yet another imaginary mark at the 3rd item's side with a smirk. "Almost finished!" I claim with confidence as I head towards the place that I could find the remaining items.

ID# 34097  LD: 19 ( Oak moss found! )

Edited by Dracul

On my way out of the forest, while reading the damn list, I get my foot stuck in some nasty roots that appeared to be spawned out of the blue 'The Fu**?' I try to kick the roots and break free but they already had a tight grip on my leg. "I don't need this right now" I say to no one in particular as I reach for the sword at my hip. Then with a smooth *Swoosh* I free the blade from its scabbard and try to cut it. Upon impact the blade encounters a bit of resistance but once I tighten the grip and forced it a bit more the sword went through much easier than I thought. Having released my foot, I look at the pixelated parts that remained from the roots and see nothing even remotely resembling a mob drop. With an audible 'Tsk' and an spit to my side, I return the blade to its place and walk out of the forest.

ID# 34099  LD: 7

Edited by Dracul

But apparently the damn forest wasn't finished with me. Out of the blue, I felt a sting in my left foot...didn't get to turn and watch what happened as both of my legs movements have been once again restricted by the same type of roots, only that they were more abundant and aggressive. While clenching my teeth, I grab the sword once again and pull it out with an angry roar as I unsheathe it and use the momentum to cut the roots around my left arm. Next I properly grab the weapon and after bringing the heavy sword aloft, I unleash it upon the remaining roots with a strong shout that made my abs turn into Iron as I cut the damn things. With a smirk, I watch as the roots pixelate and disappear.... to my surprise, only one remains on the grounds. Weapon ready, I approach it fearing a imminent ambush but find out that its only a crafting item.

ID# 34145  LD: 20 ( Valerian roots found!)

Edited by Dracul

On my way back.... the way hates me too? Apparently not. Enough with this wild goose hunt, I'm going back... the guy better be satisfied with what I'll give him or I might start trashing his joint.We never agreed that I had to deliver ALL of his list and honestly, swinging this heavy sword around got me a bit tired already. No more random attacks from the local vegetation happen until I reach the end of the forest but I wasn't going to thank a particular god for that. Of course I exited in another point as my sense of direction as usual led me astray, or was this the retribution of the before mentioned god? In any case, this time I'd give my thanks to whatever it was as I come across a shrub with fragrant yellow flowers. On a whim I take out the list, remembering reading something about yellow flowers in it and find out that I was looking at a witch? Whatever, I pick a branch from the shrug, take a good look at it, shrug before placing it in my inventory with the others and continue my way back.

ID# 34146  LD: 16 ( Witch Hazel found! )

Edited by Dracul

'Now can I find the last item on the list without putting effort?' the answer provided itself. As I left the forest, a bit pissed off by having to walk...again, back to the alchemy store. Near the city gates, to ease up some of my frustration I look on the ground to find something that I could kick and to my luck there was a conveniently placed plant not to far ahead of me. Controlling my pace, I kick it with all my might as if that particular action would make me feel better. I knew that wouldn't happen but something inside me really wanted to kick thing at that moment an I didn't see a reason not to do it. The plant's top was instantly split in two at the contact with the tip of my leather shoes, revealing a bit of its root. "Is that a fuc*ing mi**et arm?" I shout in surprise as I lower myself to inspect the thing. After doing some digging with my bare hands I hold a creepy root that had appendices, it looked like a distorted human form of sorts. Showing disgust to the thing I leave it on the ground and pull out my note once again: "I swear I read about this here."

In the end it was the remaining material I needed to complete my 'scavenging' list. "Well that was easy!"

ID# 34147  LD: 16 ( Mandrake Root found! )

Edited by Dracul

Taking one last look on my list I crosscheck the names written there with the names of the items in my inventory. All of then got a mental green light from me so I neatly folded the piece of paper, then threw it in the HUD inventory before closing it. I made haste towards the alchemist shop that tasked me with these little 'quest'. The mission itself wasn't really that hard and the reward was actually pretty good: to be able to make potions that would prolong my life or increase my damage and being capable of selling them or using them on myself. It was a bargain, since in the real world such a feat needed years and years of study and learning how to cope with people. In here, this place which most started calling a 'death game' that long span of time was reduced to a mere mission that could be completed in a couple of hours. 

On my way back I leaned and picked a random flower just out of a whim, it seems that my guts were accurate as it turned out to be a crafting materials...for alchemists: "This should be of use once I start my own shop."

ID# 34150  LD: 17 (random material found!)

Edited by Dracul

Finally reaching the shop, I barge in making it like I didn't meant it. The clerk came rushing to me and was about to scold me when I pulled out my inventory and  materialized a bag with the items that he wanted. He took each one separately and examined it, bringing a much bigger monocle out of his breast pocket to examine it. 'Is this guy serious?' I thought as I watched as the man locked at the items through two monocles on the same eye. The sight was like something depicted in a satire magazine from the 18th or 19th century in my home country. He was the very image of the 'bourgeois' class, the very image of 'penguins' as we liked to call the high class pretenders.

After10 minutes of careful examination he finally looks at me. "This seem to be indeed the items I ordered..... How did you?" but not wanting to hear his voice further I cut him short. "Don't ask sir, a secret of my trade. Now about our agreement..." he showed a fake smile as he nodded. In the end I was 'officially' employed at the place and had a 1 month training as your standard 'greenhorn'. It wasn't the most pleasant of experiences but I couldn't complain. In short time I learned all the alchemical secrets he shared with me.