[F1-PP] A Pleasant Surprise (Adelyn)

A gentle breeze whispered through the warm sunlit air, and made the branches murmur amongst themselves as if chattering in the lively minutes that often proceeded a Sunday mass. Leaves rustled all around him, and he stepped out of the way just in time to evade a particularly daring blade which had swooped down upon with with a vengeance, seemingly from out of nowhere. Admittedly, it was nice to be dodging blades of vegetation for once, rather than their metallic counterparts. He stopped where he was, and stood unmoving beneath the shady birch with his head tilted back and his eyes scrunched gently shut. The cool wind tousled his hair, and he had to admit- today was most certainly a pleasant one.

Although he was vaguely aware of the common stereotype that clearers were less concerned with these lower floors, he'd often found himself wandering back here. True, he definitely had reason to, considering his shop was located in the town square. But aside from that, he could not deny that there was a certain draw to this place. For one, there were often many here that he had yet to meet. Finally, he opened his eyes and gazed out at the sea of players passing by. On a lovely day like this, he could only hope that he would be in for an even more pleasant surprise.

Edited by Azide
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was walking around town like always, admiring the people that walked around to. I was growing tired of doing the same thing every day, and I wanted to go out and actually fight some mobs, and grow in the game. But that's what I said to myself every morning, I would sit up and tell myself that today was the day I would finally slay my first mob, but that time never came. No, I didn't have it in me, no way I could go out into those plains and fight one of those boars, I had admired them from a distance a couple times and I did not need to see those glowing red eyes up close by myself. And I was by myself in this game so far, I hadn't made any good friends, ive bumped into some people but that was about it. So the only thing I could do was sit in the city and watch people, or walk around and admire the city. But I had already seen 90% of the city so that was growing old.

I stood still for a second as I was admiring the people walking by, it was amazing how lifelike some of the npc's walking around were. Unlike many popular rpg's they didn't sit around in one spot all day waiting for some one to run up to them, no these npcs had lives and they lived them rather well. And my admiration for people had turned into an admiration for them as well. I was scanning the area the way I always did when I was people watching, and my eyes fell on a man who was stepping away from a leaf that had fell from the tree, it was rather amusing seeing him go through the effort instead of just ignoring it as it would have fell off him anyway. I continued watching the boy who was now standing beneath the tree unmoving, he had his eyes shut and his hair was flowing in the wind, And that's when I realized how nice of a day it was, and how good it felt. I began walking towards the player intent on starting a conversation, and I knew exactly how. I had used the tactic before to start a conversation with a boy when I didn't know how to actually start one. So I did the normal tactic, the damsel in distress...works every time. I walked over to the boy who now had his eyes open, I could tell now that he was probably a couple years older than me, and was a bit taller. And he didn't look half bad.

As I drew near I stopped and spoke to the man in my soft voice "Hey mister, you look like your having fun down here, and like you know what your doing. Im a little lost right now, and im starving, do you know of a place to eat by chance?" It was completely false, i knew well over a dozen places that served good food, but I was tired of being alone all the time, I couldn't stand it, so I wanted to at least meet this fellow.

Azide's dreamlike daze came to an end as a seraphic voice carried itself over the muttering of the crowd and drifted its way to his ears. What had made him think that this voice had been talking to him? Well, to be honest, he hadn't considered that particular possibility until a girl came to stand only a short distance away from him. Even then, he glanced over each shoulder before returning his attention to this unfamiliar player, more or less having confirmed that she had indeed been addressing him. It was somewhat odd turn of events, considering that he'd been the initiator in vast majority of these first-floor encounters. Still, it was a pleasant surprise in of and itself. 

"Mister?" he asked, with an raise of his brow. The young man pointed an uncertain finger at his own visage, before shrugging with a raise of his hand. "Man, I guess Aincrad hasn't been as kind to me in the aging department as I thought." Azide shook his head softly, and by the time he looked back up, the look of feigned confusion on his face had been replaced by a curious smile.

Based off of her equipment alone, he would be willing to bet at least half of his col that this girl was not a clearer, aside from the additional fact that he had never seen her amidst the front-lines. But that was no crime- only an observation. On the other hand, he noticed that girl's hair was quite light, almost as if the color in those strands were a delicate thing.

And then, as the rest of the girl's words were processed in his mind, he frowned inwardly. "Lost and hungry?" he repeated. "The first one is easy enough to fix- we're currently at the always-lively Town Square of the Town of Beginnings." With an open palm, he gestured over at a little shop across the busy plaza. "Which leads us to the second part- it just so happens that we're only a short walk away from one Starlight Cafe." He looked at her again before adding, "And I'd be more than happy to take you. Can't have you getting lost again, after all."

After I had addressed the man, he seemed rather confused like, who...she talking to me, it was rather funny, but adorable. After realizing I was talking to him he addressed me in return, as he said he that aincrad was not being kind to him in the aging department I felt bad, but I also wasn't sure if your character even aged with you as you did in the real world. But the man didn't look old or anything, well he was older than me but, not like OLD. But I didn't interject as went on saying we were in the town square, which didn't surprise me as I knew it, it was afterall the best place to look for people to watch. And then he said he knew of a café that was rather close to were we were. I didn't recognize the name of it, but I had probably walked by it before. Of course the man would never know I knew all of this, it would ruin the point. So as he spoke I nodded in confirmation and when he done I replied.

I spoke softly, with my smile to back up "I didn't mean mister in a way you were old, you looked older than me.... wait not like...*sigh* you don't look old." I looked around before going on "ohhh..so this is the square that would make sense, and sure id love it if youd take me to this café. Hopefully I can trust you not to get me lost" I say the last bit with a sarcastic, but still soft tone, just enough to show him I was playing around. I looked back at the man, I didn't even know his name yet though, but id wait till the café if he didn't ask first. I bounced on my tippy toes and spoke again, in the same soft voice as always "Well, lead the way hero"

Azide weaved a hand up his hair and ran his slender fingers through the brown locks, and caught a glimpse of lengthiest strands out of the corner of his eye. "So I look older, huh?" he asked, with a slight tilt of his head. An appraising look met the girl's eyes, but quickly softened as his expression returned to the curious smile from before. "Darn hair must be greying faster than I thought. I guess I'll have to whip up another one of those hair dyeing potions back at the lab later," he remarked, making a reference to the alchemy shop located somewhere on the very same floor. A laugh escaped his lips soon after, and he hoped that she would catch on to his little joke, although perhaps it wouldn't hurt to do a quick check in the mirror sometime.

As the girl continued to speak, he realized that she was speaking remarkably softly, despite the crowdedness of the town square. It wasn't the sort of tone he'd hear amongst the hardened clearing group, that it wasn't. But what it was, however, was a pleasant change of pace. It seemed fragile; in a way, it was not dissimilar to the quality he had noticed earlier in her hair.

"You can call me a hero after we get there," said the young man, as he straightened his jacket. He motioned for the girl to follow his lead, glancing over his shoulder to add, "But for now, just call me Azide."

He supposed that this should've been the part where he asked for the girl's name- but after weighing the pros and cons, he could only conclude that a question like that would detract from the one-liner he'd gone out on. If anything, there would be a little time on the way for the rest of their formalities. 

The man in front of me continued on about him looking older, and it reminded me too much like any girl at school, or me as well. The way he was so worried that his looks were making him look older in a death game. It was confusing that he was worried about that, but reassuring that some people still had humanity left inside of them. I was going to reply once again saying he was OLD just older than I probably, but stopped myself as a laugh came from him. I looked down at the ground for a quick second, for no reason in particular. Probably just to avoid looking at the man, as I was growing nervous in front of him as he kept making me feel bad about calling him older, but I knew he was kidding so I shook it off and looked back up, into the crowd of people.

He told me I could call him a hero as he motioned for me to follow, as he had begun walking. But then told me his name, or his in game name more likely, which was azide. It was a unique name, didn't sound like a normal name and I wondered where it came from, but who was I to be judging. Not many people, none I had ever met, were named Adelyn. And, he could kiss me calling him hero goodbye, ill stick to azide for now. I began following him and soon replied with my name, as it was only fair for me to tell him, even if he didn't ask. "My name is Adelyn, if I may ask, howd you come up with azide, it sounds really unique" I say, hoping he could hear my voice since he was facing away, and as always, the soft voice made me hard to hear sometimes.

In her soft spoken voice, the girl chimed in with an answer to a question that really shouldn't have gone unasked. Her words had almost been swallowed up by the droning of the crowd, but he had managed to turn his head just in time to catch the name which had escaped her lips. "Adelyn..." he repeated, nearly walking into a rather big and tough looking fellow in the process. As it turned out, this was not the best place to be walking around with one's head turned around, and so he apologized quickly and profusely before slowing down to match Adelyn's pace.

With the two now walking in step, Azide allowed himself a sidelong glance at the girl while occasionally darting his eyes up ahead of him, feeling slightly paranoid. "Actually, nobody's ever asked me that before," he admitted, pressing a finger to his lower lip. "Well, it's sort of a boring business, really- but you could say that I was sort of a big shot in chemistry back on the other side, if that's not your thing, don't really expect much from the explanation. But an azide is a type of polyatomic-" he trailed off, and after contemplating the sort of ramble required to do justice to the topic, shook his head.

He sighed, before looking back to Adelyn with a somewhat frustrated smile. "Basically, an azide in chemistry can be represented by the symbol N3, and all three of my names begin with the letter N. But what it really means is that I thought I was being clever at the time."

After azide almost bumped into a person, he began telling me about his name, first thatd he never been asked that, and then the actual meaning. It was funny thatd he name himself after a educational thing such as this chemistry symbol thingy, as most kids didn't. But it still sounded cool to me, no matter how much I hated chemistry when I was 15. I was also kind of sad though that he had to dumb it down for me because he knew I wouldn't get it, and it made me feel stupid, but I knew that wasn't his intention so I forgot about. We walked in silence for a second before I decided to continue the conversation.

"So, as I said before. You look like you know what your doing, and your taking me to a café you know of. So who are you, in the game that is. What do you do." I was truly curious what this man did in most of his free time, it was probally better than what I tended to do. Walk around town and watch people. And I wondered if he had any cool stories he could tell me about his time in the world. It would be cool to hear from someone who hasn't been cooped up in the starting city for so long, doing nothing but watching people, it got boring no matter how much I liked people.

A moment ticked by with no response from Adelyn, and it gave him a feeling similar to the one that people tended to feel when they noticed that the other person had read their messages a few hours ago, but hadn't yet texted back. Or perhaps he had overthinking it, as the girl had continued with their conversation soon after. She certainly seemed curious about him as a player, and it was a definite change in pace from many of the others he had roamed around with on this floor.

He stole a quick glimpse ahead to confirm that their path remained unobstructed by any stray musclemen, and also took note that they would soon be reaching the cafe doors. Even with the brief view he'd been allowed, he had been able to spot the Starlight Cafe's glass storefront, which made the place feel brighter and more spacious. And although he had not caught sight of it, due to the angle, he knew that the building's roof had also been constructed from glass- as if the upper portion of a greenhouse had been lifted onto the four walls of the eatery. At night, one could peer up through the transparent panels and catch sight of the many lights which lined the twinkling night sky.

Azide considered her question, before materializing an angled green crystal between the tips of his finger. He raised the object up to the light, so that it split the rays and glinted even more brilliantly than usual. "I'm not sure if you've ever had to use one of these before, but this thing here is a Health Crystal. I probably don't have to explain what it does, but you could say that I'm one of the highest ranking alchemists around, and it's my job to make items just like this one," he explained, glad that that Adelyn could not read his mind and watch the memories which had played through his mind. The path to honing his trade had been rife with plenty of explosions, and he'd been grateful that none of those jagged flying shards had gouged out his eyes, even if such an effect would've only been temporary at worst.

By the time he looked up, he realized that they'd arrived in front of glass double doors of the Starlight Cafe. He stepped forward and grasped the metal looped handle and eased the door open. "After you."

Azide pulled out a green rectangle thing, holding it up splitting the rays. The thing looked beautiful, and I smiled, it was amazing how beautiful so many things were, in a game where the worst was what most considered the inevitable ending to the game, death. But even though death was at your door just waiting, there was still so many things you could find beauty in. Azide began to explain that in this world, he was an alchemist, and not just an alchemist but a pretty good one at that. I recognized alchemists as potion makers from other games, so I wondered what else they would create aside from these health crystals. It also kind of made me laugh a little bit, he had just told me his name had to do with chemistry, and now his profession was as an alchemist, I wonder if that was planned. But o well.

I followed his look, as he looked up and saw that we were in front of the doors to the café, and stepped and opened the door saying after me. I bowed my head down a bit and said "Thank you" before quickly shuffling into the door. I turned around and looked at azide for him to enter, and continue leading the way. He was a nice guy, first helping the "damsel in distress" and then having manners to open a door unlike so many people in the real world. And I kind of felt bad for how I started this series of events, but I decided to push away the thoughts and live in the moment, not the past.

As the double doors swung open, I peeked inside the room and saw that Adelyn was still standing there- presumably waiting for me to catch up. In a way, it reminded me of how how normal life in Aincrad could be at times; it was charming, in a way, that old habits and social norms often transferred over into this world. I could only assume that she wasn't waiting for some arbitrary reason, such as a lack of seating- there were a few open tables right in front of the windows. So it seemed only natural that the reason was a more human one. 

With a smile, I entered the cafe and walked up to Adelyn, letting the door close slowly behind me. My eyes swept the sleek and modern interior of the room, catching sight of the many patrons who had chosen to visit today. I spotted a line of players seated atop stools in front of a bar and watched for a brief moment as two of them chatted quietly while another made friendly conversation with the bartender. My eyes soon drifted to the row of tables that ran down the backmost wall, where a group of friends were laughing wildly- perhaps at some funny joke, while other patrons shot them funny looks before going back to their own conversations. Others still were seated alone, reading newspapers or books while sipping on their mugs and cups.

Finally, my eyes came back to Adelyn, and I thought she looked a little different in here. It was hard to put my finger on it- maybe it was just the atmosphere of the place. Not wanting to stare, I glanced away at a flight of stairs in the corner. "I know I said that I'd take you here, but I'm actually feeling a little hungry." I looked back to the blonde hair girl, as a couple dressed in full armor walked by. "And since I'm already here, would you care to grab some lunch together?"

After azide had entered the room he explained that he had begun to feel hungry and then asked if he could join me, I was happy at his question as it was what I had wanted from the begging, of course that's why I began talking anyway, to get to know him and hopefully befriend him. "I would love that" I say in my soft tone, but with a soft smile as well, that showed I truly did want him to eat with me. It reminded me of the simple times back in the real world, when asking someone to have lunch with you was a big deal, now it was nothing compared to the possibility of death that hung over a lot of the people in this world. "Of course you can choose a table, but If we could be by on the sides, next to a window or something that would be awesome" I had never cared to be in any tables away from a wall, I couldn't explain it, whether it was just the feeling of being in everyone's view or something else I could never tell, it was just a weird preference.

The smile on his lips remained as he nodded so fully that the gesture could have been mistaken for a bow. "In that case, I think I know just the place," said Azide, motioning once again for the girl to follow his lead. This time around, however, he made a conscious effort not to get too far ahead either himself or (perhaps more importantly) his company. It was a nice change of pace, he thought, to be doing something more mundane for once. Usually, when he met people here, they were always wanting to fight boar and the like; not that he minded helping, of course. He'd once headed a guild which had specialized in assisting with things of that nature, after all. But something about this was comforting- and on second thought, it was not exactly mundane either. It was pleasant.

As they ascended the flight of stairs, Azide glanced over his shoulder just to keep an eye on his guest, only to catch his foot against the top of the next step. On reaction, a hand shot out to grasp at the railing, and he managed to steady himself before anything worse could come from the little stumble. "Careful with these steps. Somebody must have just finished mopping them or something," he said, not looking back.

From the stairway, the two emerged onto the rooftop of the cafe, with a thick sheet of glass set in the center. Up here, it was almost entirely quiet, and he watched as a few leaves rustled over the sunlight centerpiece. Around the edges ran inconspicuous railings which allowed an unobstructed view of the city. "Hope you don't have a fear of heights," said Azide, gesturing to a table that faced the bustling square.

Azide with his smile on his face gestured me to follow him and so I did. We began going upstairs that I hadn't noticed before and wondered where we were going. on our trip, azide tripped. My hand shot out, but slower than his own, which he used to catch himself. I giggled slightly as he explained that someone must have mopped them or something. It was funny he was trying to save his, pride or something, but it was cute as well, even though he didn't say anything else about it. "sure...it was the steps" I think before I throw the thought out of my head as we arrive at the top.

I look around as azide says he hopes I wasn't afraid of heights. I didn't answer as I continued looking around the area. It was really nice, there was a slight breeze ruffling the leaves, and I could see the corner, where we would be eating at, but my eyes soon fell on the railing, allowing a view of the city around the building. It was a perfect moment, nicer than any crap date I had ever been. Wait....date..is this...nooo hes just being nice. I turn to azide and grab his arm and tug slightly, wanting him to follow me before I let go and jog over to the railing, where I put my hands, standing on my tip toes looking around the city. I had to move some hair out of my face as the breeze was blowing it around.

It was amazing how I felt in the time of this death game. Able to be able to just relax on top of a building and look around admiring beauty, and forgetting about death. I didn't bother answer azides question, the speaking would ruin my little moment I was having, id wait for him first.

It took a few minutes to register that Adelyn had been tugging at his arm; he'd been so caught up in the cityside view, soaking up the sunny sight as if the scene were a pool, and his eyes a pair of sponges. Perhaps he'd believed that he could absorb the pleasantness of the day through osmosis, but in any case, Adelyn had already scampered off by the time his wits had returned to him.

A spirited breeze came rolling in, tousling both the girl's hair, as well as his own. Azide brought up a hand to keep the feral strands in check as he watched the other girl make a run for the railing. A low chuckle escaped him as he concluded that if this girl were to have any phobias, a fear of heights would probably not be one of them. But as amusing as this little epiphany was, it occurred to him that he should probably get a move on- he didn't want her getting lost again, after all.

Putting a little more hustle in his bustle, Azide caught up soon after and took his place by the girl's side. He rested his palms against the the top of the railing and leaned forward to peer out of the edge, scrunching his eyes shut as the wind picked up. With both of his hands occupied, the warm gust blew his hair unfettered in every which way- but it did not feel unpleasant. Even as a scatter of falling leaves alighted atop his crown, he made no effort to shake them loose.

"If this were a movie, I'd probably have something really memorable to say right now," said Azide, breaking the silence. He shifted himself slightly, so that his forearms were now perched atop the balustrade. "Maybe something witty, or something funny- maybe even something deep. Who knows?" With a dip of his head, he sighed before glancing sidelong at Adelyn. "Feel free to check, but I'm pretty sure I don't have anything like that up these sleeves of mine," he added, with a simper and a shake of his cuff.

After a couple of minutes azide finally cam near me, and he must have enjoyed the view, or the breeze or maybe both as well, since he stood there like i was. After a little he began the conversation again, talking about if this was a movi, and that he should have something to say. And i agreed kind of, this was like one of those movie scenes, filled with some deep emotions, or some big reveal to the depressed character. Myself, i was just dreaming that this moment wasnt in this world, and that it was in the real world, and that i had someone holding me in the moment. But as of now this was my real world, the world that was my life at least, and there was no special someone to hold me.
In my thoughts i heard azide say that he didnt have anything to say such though. And as he stated i could look up his sleeve i smiled inwardly, he was probably just trying to be funny or amusing, but i was think of the contact required...not that it was like that of course...i threw the thought away andI soon began to think of something, one thing that people didnt care to normally talk about, and i wouldnt have thought of it if he hadnt said anything about something deep. But i asked anyway, hoping he wouldnt be angry. I turned to look at him, seeing he had already done the same, and i chuckled slightly as i saw the leaves on his head. As i began to speak i brushed the leaves off his head "What do you miss the most..you know outside of this game" i had said it rather softer than normal. it was a rather simply put together question, but a question with many answers, many of which being completely different. I of course missed my family, and friends. But i even missed school, and my own music. I smiled at azide as i hoped hed answer, i of course wouldnt push if he didnt want to tell, as it was a litle more personal than what two strangers or acquantinces would talk about, especially in a game such as this.

There it was again- that feeling he'd felt before; it was as if he'd just finished a tall mug of hot cider, or perhaps even a glass of red wine. Warm, was the word, if he really thought about it. And not just because of the balmy breeze, which admittedly did have its own merit in making their current locale as comfortable and pleasant as it was. His eyes traced the path of the falling leaves, trailing the brushed debris as it floated off into the distance. A few were lost to the ground below, destined to be ground underfoot without so much as a second thought by the bunches of boisterous players who roamed the square. The rest escaped this fate, and he watched as they instead were carried off in the invisible arms of the wind, until their faint forms could no longer be kept in sight. With the scene coming to a close, he glanced back at Adelyn, wondering if his face had yet returned to its usual complexion. Things like wine had a tendency to bring out in it colors which had not been there before.

As for her question, it gave him a certain amount of pause. Azide kept his weight against the railing, and lifted his eyes toward the sky as he took a moment to consider his answer. This was a question which tended to imply all sorts of obvious answers- things like his friends or family were more than likely a common denominator amongst most of Aincrad's residents. He had never been the type to show his cards before they were ready to be played- it was strange that he felt compelled to try for a more revealing answer.

"I know I probably come across as a real science-oriented person- and don't get me wrong, in no way am I saying I'm not. I love chemistry just as much as the next guy, and probably as much as the next dozen  guys, actually." he began, punctuating the words with an insistent nod. "But would it surprise you to hear that my answer would have to be music?" he asked, chuckling softly.

As azide replied to my question, I chuckled, no it wasn't unreasonable. It was one of the things I miseed of course. So I begin as soft I just asked. "Yes and no." I say and pause for a short time thinking of a full response to combat my short answer "Yes, you don't seem to me like a guy who would enjoy music and that be one of the things that he misses a lot, and I don't mean that in a bad way either. No because I feel the same way. Music was a lot of things. Entertainment of course, but safety, and help. Music was a way to block out anything you needed to and get lost in it, as well as if you were sad, or angry. A way to change those feelings based on a song, or sometimes cause memories to flow back. So I guess yes and no."

I look away from azide, a single tear flowing from my eye. I didn't know how many people could stand this. How people could wake up in the morning everyday and go out, risking their lives and fighting, not even acknowledging their fear, or sadness. There was no way I was going to make it out, not if I choose to fight, and that's why I was scared. I could be like the people who were advancing in floors, defeating the bosses and progressing in levels. I was just a poor rich girl, one whod always been on the bright side of life. But the change, I just couldn't handle it. I knew I would just sit in the begging city all day, every day until we all died, or the game was cleared. And from the looks of this guy, he seemed like one of the players who was able to do the fighting and it didn't help my fear, which already made me sad, that I was counting on these people to clear the game, and it made me feel like crap that I was depending on them.

But what else could I do, I just wanted to go home, see my family, my friends, even school. I wanted a real ice cream cone, real quality music, and the games I played. But the chances of that happening... Were very slim. I just needed a protector like the real world. But the two worlds weren't the same.

Edited by Adelyn

Azide gave a tilt of his head, despite the fact that the gesture would go unseen by the girl beside him. Had he been imagining the mistiness in her eyes as she'd turned away? It would be a little unorthodox to check because of how they were positioned- both leaning against the railing, and Adelyn facing away. So naturally, he took it upon himself to take a step back before crossing over to the opposite side of his company. With only the two of them up on that rooftop, the gentle patter of his footsteps could be heard with ease- at least until they came to a stop entirely.

His suspicions confirmed, he held Adelyn's gaze for a while, reflecting quite literally on her crystal blue eyes. Blue, like the thinnest sheet of ice, and looking about as delicate. Their more modest hue seemed a natural match which easily befitted the girl's lighter hair and soft spoken manner. As a whole, the girl reminded him of glass- lacking in neither grace or elegance, yet fragile. And with that fragility came a certain preciousness- an appreciation for something that might otherwise be so fleeting, like a snowflake suspended midair. It didn't escape him that it was belittling, in a way, to think of her in this way.

But that little bit of guilt did not stop him from lifting a hand to the girl's face, nor did it keep him from wiping away the tear which ran down her cheek. "I know what you mean," he offered, drawing his hand away and letting it rest at his side. "It's different, the music here in Aincrad, isn't it? For starters, there's not very much of it- nobody really plays any instruments, other than the handful of performers that pop up every once in awhile," he continued, picturing X with his guitar alongside Xanatos and his violin. It'd been a long time since he'd last heard them perform; as excruciating as the former could be, the guy could certainly hold his own as a musician. 

He opened his mouth, planning at first to carry on, but ultimately relented. A smile returned to his lips as he tugged at the girl's arm. "Come on, let's go take a seat before somebody swipes it out from under our noses," he said, gesturing to the table nearby. Considering what she'd asked when they'd first met, he imagined that she was probably starving by now. 

Azide began to talk about how it was in fact different in here, and I agreed, not that id heard any performers sing or play anyway. He then said that we should go sit down, and tugs at my arms. And I of course comply, even if I wanted to fight against it, which I didn't, I didn't have the strength anyway. But although I just met this guy he didn't seem like he would force anything upon me. I mean he was sweet enough to wipe a tear away, and at least try to make me feel better by changing the subject, which it did. I sniffled slightly, and breathed in before I began to walk over to the chairs, I stood by the table for a second. Azide had been a nice guy so far.

I wondered as I stood by the table, if what azide was doing was genuine, or out of sympathy, I hoped it was genuine, or it could have been both. But either way there was no reason to rush into such thoughts. My parents always told me to enjoy the moment, not that ive been doing so since the game started, but if I can now I might as well right. I looked at the table and then to azide "Choose a seat, I don't mind" it was true I really didn't mind, and I kind of wanted to let him do something on his own, instead of doing things for me, showing me this place, opening the door, taking me up here to this really nice spot, and being sweet just a moment ago. I could definitely like this guy if I wasn't careful, and I always was a romantic, and in a game like this that could never be good.