[F1-PP] A Pleasant Surprise (Adelyn)

How long had it been since he'd last seen somebody cry? It seemed like a simple question, and it was; on paper, the answer could really only be some sort of time span, whether it was matter of weeks or centuries. It was, of course, not centuries- after all, he didn't look that old. Or so he'd been told. But his appearance aside, in practice, the self-directed inquiry was a real head-scratcher. It was strange to say that he had never seen any tears shed in the world of Sword Art Online, in spite of the title's (admittedly deserving) reputation as a 'death game'.

It was a disheartening sight, which made his insides feel as if they had just clipped an unseen curb. And although he was aware that the harsh reality of this world had numbed the hearts of many a colleague, he was relieved that the same indifference had never fully managed to claim his own. It was a delicate line which every clearer straddled day by day- balancing their sanity with their humanity. At the same time, however, it was a revealing gesture. Even if the girl had not intended it as such.

Adelyn spoke up, offering his pick of either seat. His hazel eyes darted between the two chairs, but could find little to no difference between them. He realized that on any other given day, a sarcastic retort of some sort would have probably been his answer to the girl's gesture. But instead, Azide covered his eyes with a single hand and spun around multiple times, keeping himself blinded even as his came to a stop. "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe..." he recited, moving an outstretched finger from left to right until the rhyme was completed. Upon opening his eyes, he sighed as he found his finger dead-center between the two choices, and resigned himself to the chair on the right. As he leaned back in his seat, his lips twitched until they became a wide grin. "I guess that means you'll have to take the seat that's left," he said, pointing to the seat on the left.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I giggled a little as after hearing my proposal azide decided to begin choosing with the old fashioned way when you had no idea. He then sat in his chosen chair and pointed to the one across from him, saying it was mine. I bowed my head, with a small smile still one my place before I sat down across for him. I stared at him once again, me being the weird people watcher I am. I looked at him the way he sat and even the way he acted so far. I didn't know him for too long but from what I could tell he was weird, he seemed to be able to change the mood rather easy, a minute ago I had a tear flowing and now I was giggling and smiling. And it also scared me as well. The only people who had ever had that effect on me, being able to change MY mood so easily, was people I had a crush on, and as ive been thinking since I've met him, that stuff just cant happen.

It was also frightening in the sense that id only met him, but it was his care free attitude that he seemed to have about him, he blocked out the fact of death every dare, seemed as if he had no really emotional times, and even just leaning back in the chair, it reminded me of those guys in class who just didn't care about anything and were the "cool" kids. It was rather humoring to be truthful. I was also worried however because I figured if I tried to bring it up, hed find me weird or pushy or desperate, and I didn't want any of those to be thought of, so id either have to wait, until we knew each other better, or he says something. Preferably the second. I put a couple of strands of hair that had blew in my face behind my ears, and wiped my eyes for the little moisture that was still there before looking at azide again.

"Well, this is a nice little place, not that I know how they know when to server us or anything...but its nice. Reminds me of the good old times back when we used to go out to dinner with people, and it was relaxing, but even now I don't feel relaxed" I finished with a slight chuckle at the fact that it was true, I felt tense every moment of the day, I couldn't imagine how azide felt.

It was a testament to the young man's priorities that the first thing he wondered was whether or not Adelyn had understood his joke. After all, he thought it'd been a rather clever play on words, and he probably would have jotted it down had he been left to his own devices. Second on that list, however, was the question of how he could have possibly forgotten a somewhat important detail relating to the average dining experience.

"Speaking of servers, I have to take care of something real quick," said Azide, rubbing at the back of his neck before rising from his seat. He took a few steps to the side before kneeling down and extending his arm at a downward angle. A few seconds later, the mottled head of a green keelback poked out from the end of his sleeve, followed by the rest of its long and slender frame. Slowly, the serpent slithered from side to side, until it had finished its transition from sleeve to cement. From there, Azide whispered a few phrases to the snake, making sure to sprinkle in a few elaborate motions between the series of hushed statements. To an outsider, it would probably seem like he was cheating at charades with a reptile. But as the final words were uttered and the last of the gestures gestured, the creature stared at him with its wide eyes before finally slinking away. 

Azide watched the verdant serpent disappear down the stairway before returning to the table. By now, Adelyn seemed to be cheering up- outwardly, at least. A melancholy still clung to her words like spilt honey, and he could tell that it would take effort to separate the two. He laid his hands against the table and scooted his seat forward. "So as it turns out, I did have something up my sleeve after all. But sadly, that'll probably be the last surprise of the night- although it might actually be good news if you happen to have a case of ophidiophobia." He cleared his throat, realizing that perhaps he should have checked the girl's opinion on snakes before suddenly revealing one out of the blue. "Anyway, a server should be with us shortly," he added, crossing his fingers that said server would not be ophidiophobic. 

At the mention of her not being relaxed, he swept the tip of his finger across barren air, before using it to navigate through the resulting menu. Before long, both the rapier at his side and the dagger at his hip faded in a flash of white. "Sorry, sometimes I forget that these things might make people feel a little tense," said Azide, scratching his cheek.

Azide said something at my mention of servers and stood up. He pointed his arm to the ground and I was rather confused until a snake began slithering out of his sleeve. I was amazed and I swear my jaw was dropped, what other surprises did this man have up his sleve, LITERALLY. He acted as if this was normal as began to communicate with it, or that's what it seemed like. After a while he quit and the snake slithered off. As he explains that he did actually have something up his sleeve In my head I was like "Yeah no kidding" but he then said a server would be up soon...HOW? SO your telling me this snake language is common, hows the snake going to...never mind ill just forget about it.

His weapons disappear and he says something about people tense, I wasn't sure if he meant the snake or the weapons, but I was way more worried about the snake than the weapons, "So that snake just like...rests in your sleeve all day, until you need him" I mean I wasn't the biggest fan of snakes, generally the storied you heard were of them killing people, and ive seen harry potter to many times to love snakes. And having a snake around could really freak me out, the thing hadn't done any damage to anything yet, so at least it didn't seem aggressive thank god, otherwise ida been gone...quickly, off the roof, out the door, snakes...not my thing.

Speaking of tension, Adelyn seemed more than a little discomforted by the events which had transpired. Azide flicked away a leaf which had touched down atop their table, then met her bewildered eyes with the placid ones of his own. "Sort of," he started, scratching his head. Surprisingly, nobody had ever been taken aback by his scaly companion until today, and so he had almost forgotten that its species was not often a favored one among most people. "The snake is actually my familiar- I tamed him in the jungles of the sixth floor ages ago, and we've been traveling together ever since." 

Surprisingly, the process had been a rather quick and painless one. He could still recall the shock he'd experienced upon encountering the snake shortly after he'd entered the forest, and befriending it with almost minimal effort. It'd been a far cry from the countless horror stories which floated around regarding the Feeding the Enemy quest.

Azide scrunched his face and twiddled his thumbs for a moment before continuing. "I swear, the little guy is harmless- I mean, his name is Lucifer, sure... but he doesn't bite. Well, I guess he does, but only if I tell him to." At this point, he laid his hands flat against the table. "I hope this won't be a problem- I can make arrangements if it's an issue."

As azide explained about his name, I became very interested, he talked about it being a familiar, which piqued my interest, and then his name, not to so much interesting but I still took notice. And then if he needed to make arrangements he would. My thoughts as usual began racing. One familiars can I get a pet wolf, like a mini one, or maybe a bird, or something. And then him saying he could make arrangements about the snake, I began to think he was rather sweet for saying so, if he would, make whatever those arrangements were, just for me that would be amazing, but no way I could let him do that.

"No..No its fine, he can stay when he comes back, or whatever. As long as you don't tell him to bite ,e" I say with a smile in my soft voice. To change the subject I brought up the other thing he said that interested me "Well, you said he's a familiar, elaborate please? like how do you get one, and is it only snakes?" I say to azide, I hoped hed be able to tell me, and I figured he would. But if I had to fight something or travel a lot, I may not be able to get it alone anyway. I had a pet dog at home, which I loved, more than any boy id ever met, but now that he was gone it may help to have another companion I can trust completely. Human or not of course.

"Hmm... let me see..." Azide bent his elbow inward and propped his cheek against a clenched fist. His eyes drifted towards the upper corner of their sockets as the fingers of his opposite hand began to tap softly against the table in quick succession. It had been a good long while since he'd actually undertaken the quest- in fact, it'd been one of the many things on his checklist regarding preparations for the tenth floor boss battle. In hindsight, it'd been nothing short of a minor miracle just how much progress he'd made during that period of time, even compared to his more recent efforts. 

The memories soon found their way into his mind's eye, and he snapped his tapping hand before flashing yet another grin. "That's right..." he mumbled, more to himself than anything. "Basically, it all began when I'd heard rumors of the existence of a special NPC- a shrouded gypsy woman who would allow you the opportunity to take a quest which would allow you to tame certain monsters and mobs." He looked at Adelyn curiously, and he could tell that this subject seemed to resonate with her, even if she didn't seem too thrilled about snake familiars in particular.

"Her reported location was always changing, but thanks to the cooperation of a few information brokers, I was able to cross her path on the sixth floor. In theory, you could possibly tame any sort of creature you happen to run across- and each one is capable of having its own special abilities. Lucifer, for example, attacks alongside me whenever I strike any given target," he explained. The reptilian would spring out from the end of his sleeve and latch its fangs in conjunction with his own slashes, making the two a formidable pair. "But if you're looking for something less violent, I hear some familiars are even able to heal you."

Azide began to explain about familiars. That some women, needed to be found and she would allow you to get a familiar. However the lady was always moving, making it somewhat harder to begin the quest unless you have connections or a lot of free time, which I happen to have, free time that is. He explained that his snake could attack, but it was possible they could heal instead. I felt as id be cool if I could have one that healed, because ive been so scared to die a friend around that could always heal me when I needed it would be amazing. And not only that but just having the friend around all the time, the company would be amazing.

As I was thinking though my stomach growled and I put my hand on it, as if to muffle it, at first I wasn't starving when I asked him to show me to somewhere to eat, but after all the talking and walking to the café. I had grown rather famished. I knew the snake had gone off to get someone to serve us, but I had no idea of how long that would take. I wasn't going to ask either as it would have been rude to change the subject to my own desires, and I did not want to steer azide away, even if he had a snake that could bite me if I ever ticked him off.

"Soooo, a snake huh. Why did you choose a snake, not that I mind or anything. Just wondered if you had a love for snakes or had a pet one outside of this world. I myself had a dog, so it'd be cool to have one, to carry on his memories while im still in the game". It was true, I wanted a dog, or most likely in this game, a wolf pup as a familiar if possible. My dog in the real world was insanely loveable and was a great listener, mostly because he could talk back, he also always knew when I was sad. He would paw at my door once and id let him in, then id go to sit down and he would lay his head in my lap and stare into my eyes with his, as if saying "tell me". If that companionship was possible in the game, well Id have to get it.

Yet again, Azide rubbed at the back of his neck. "Sorry for the information dump back there- I probably sounded just like those quest information windows." As he shook his head, he heard the distinct rumble of a hungry stomach; with only the two of them present, it did not take a genius to add two and two and get four. His brow furrowed, and he made a note to remedy the problem as soon as he answered her question. What was taking that snake so long? "Sure, the guy has no legs, but still..." 

In the meantime, her question was definitely a valid one, all things considered. Both in Aincrad and the real world, people seemed predisposed to disliking the legless lizards. Maybe it was the fact that they had no eyelids, and thus never blinked- or perhaps it was the long and forked tongues. Even the side-to-side slither was a likely contributing factor to the stigma. But his own reasons had always been quite clear to him. "I've never actually had a pet before," he confessed, doing his best to appear at ease, even as a frown lurked just beneath his smile. The fact that his guest was waiting and hungry clearly meant that he was failing as a host, but he shook the thought, knowing that it would only take longer if he sat there moping.

"Back on the other side, I used to work as-"

A low hiss made him stop and look over his shoulder, and he was greeted by the sight of Lucifer, peeking out from over the top step. Trailing right behind him, a toothpick of a man dressed in sharp black approached them with a look of bewilderment. For a man who worked at a restaurant, he was surprisingly skinny- as if a harsh gust of wind might snap in half at the drop of a hat.

The slender man bowed, carrying two menus tucked away beneath his arms. "Sir, madame, you have my sincerest apologies for the wait," he said, as he placed the menus atop the table. "I would have been here sooner, but it took me a while to figure out why a snake kept circling around me repeatedly. Actually, a few of our customers had quite the scare around the same time, although I can't imagine why..." He looked down at Lucifer long and hard, before turning back to the pair of customers, grinning so wide that his face looked as if it were about to break. "But that aside, what can I get for you?"

Azide explained how he had never actually had a pet, which surprised me. I knew some people didn't have pets, even though most did, but I wouldn't think someone who had never had a pet at all would choose a snake as a first pet. As he was beginning to explain what I thought would clear my thoughts, he was interrupted by a man. I looked over at the stairs and saw a skinny man in what I assumed was his uniform as a waiter, begin to talk and walk over. After some talking he put the menus on the table and asked us what we wanted. I look at the man and gave him an answer of my own "Water for now, but I may get something else later and I don't know about food"

I looked over at azide quickly before opening my menu and reading around to find what I wanted. I didn't even know what I was in the mood for, I really wanted desert to be honest, I had never really had much in the real world as I had to watch my weight and couldn't eat much junk food, but now that we were in virtual reality I didn't know if it mattered, but I was not going to pig out in front of azide no way, got to be a lady and no man wants a women who stuffs her face with desert all the time.

I Went over the menu at least 4 times before stopping on sea-food. I narrowed it down to at least that now, but what kind of sea-food, shrimp....lobster...crab legs, it was all too much. I put my menu on the table without actually deciding and looked at azide "Your turn, im having a mental battle of what I want" i said softer than usual. I was going to choose what id eat based off of what he got, how exactly I didn't know but id find out soon enough.

It was like looking into a mirror, or rather, listening to his own echo. That Adelyn had requested nothing more than water was something he had done here several times before, although it had been less about indecisiveness and more about being cheap. Or as he preferred to call it, frugal. "I mean, what's wrong with a perfectly good glass of ice water?" The answer to that rhetorical question was nothing- there was nothing wrong with that. Still, he'd been brought up with enough etiquette lessons to know the responsibilities of a proper host; even if he'd often been half-dazed during the sessions, enough repetition could drive the Nazi out of Hitler. 

Azide cleared his throat, noticing that Adelyn had peeked at him from over the top of her menu for the briefest moment. Apparently, it would be up to him to order first, meaning that his choice would likely set the tone of their meal. Holding the menu with one hand, he tapped the backs of two fingers lightly against one of its pages. "I'd like to order the Halibut Provençal, braised, along with an ice cold bottle of Chardonnay. Not those dainty little glasses- specifically a bottle."

The server's left eyebrow raised just the slightest bit, but he scribbled down the order nonetheless, nodding throughout. "Very well sir, one braised halibut, and a bottle of Chardonnay." Turning to the young lady, he asked, "And you, madame?" He was aware that the girl had been unsure as of less than a minute ago, but he really didn't want to stand around awkwardly for god knows long.

I listened as azide ordered a water before giving his actual meal, it was a rather fancy one, or at least uncommon as you didn't hear it often, But I sadly was never one for fancy foods. I grew up in a rich household yes, so I probably should have, but my parents were never home so we never went out to eat as a family to anywhere fancy, it was usually just some restraint with my friends, or myself sometimes, if I even went out for food instead of having it ordered. In any case I heard the waiter ask what id like and I did another quick peak at the seafood section before finally choosing. It was not as fancy sounding, as Azide's but it'd have to do, and it sounded good anyway.

"I guess I will order the Cajun seafood pasta, no onions, extra shrimp please. And if you could add some lobster to that, and cut it up or just bring it out and I can do it, that would amazing. And lastly, he will take two wine glasses with his bottle. Right Azide" I finish looking to Azide with a smile. I hadn't moved around too much, but id been to places such as the Netherlands and Germany, where even though in America I wasn't of age I could drink, and I knew I hated that crap they call beer, but wine was alright, why not try it in a virtual game.

I hoped he didn't mind me asking for the two glasses though, as I know he asked purely for the bottle, and if he really only wanted the bottle, he could get me a glass alone, and just have to share. I myself couldn't drink from the bottle it'd just be awkward to me but I had never done it so I can say much. But I also hoped That he didn't mind me adding lobster to the somewhat pricy meal already as I knew thered be an add-on in price, I didn't really think about it when I said it until I brought up the glasses and realized azide was here, and most likely paying. I of course could pay, hopefully, I guess it was just that sterotype that the men always pay.

His eyes opened wide as Adelyn specifically requested two glasses with the bottle, and he raised an arm to stifle the laughter which came bursting from his chest. By the time the fit ended, he gave the server an apologetic look before turning his attention back to the girl seated opposite of him. "Of course," he said simply, still smiling. 

He could guess that most people probably hadn't been dragged into fine dining experiences on a regular basis as kids, but he himself could claim to be among the minority in this instance. At most places, ordering a bottle usually didn't signify only said bottle, but rather that one was requesting an entire bottle as opposed to only a glass or two. Glasses would naturally be provided for the host to refill as needed- but it would probably be on the more condescending side to explain all of this.

The thin man scribbled away something fierce, and as he nodded continuously, Azide figured that their server held promising potential as a bobblehead. He looked up from his notepad, and while running his finger across the filled lines, read, "One Cajun seafood pasta, lobster, extra shrimp, hold the onions, and two wine glasses." With no objections from either party, he tucked the pages into the front pocket of his shirt before retrieving each of the menus. "We'll have your meals ready to go in just a moment," he said, bowing as he turned and made his way back to the staircase. Just before he descended the steps, he shot a quick glance at the snake, which lay curled up at the green-clad player's feet. His head shook gently left and right as the stairway swallowed him up, disappearing him from view.

As the man left down the stairs to place our orders I looked back to azide, I had a couple of questions for him still. It was weird my fascination with getting to know people, even if I had only met them an hour ago. I always loved to just text people in a question and answer game, most people weren't the same and only answered which made me feel awkward, as I was getting to know them they were just learning how much I liked to ask questions. I pondered about whether or not I should ask the man across from me questions or not, I didn't want to turn him away by having him answer to many, or just questions he didn't feel like answering. I stared at him for a second before finally deciding to ask at least one.

"You never really told me, how old are you. I know back at the park I brought up how you looked older than me" I remembered him either messing with or being serious that I was just calling him old, not what I meant. " And I just started to wonder how old you actually were" The question itself was a rather simple one. I figured hed make another comment on me calling him old, but id ignore it. And plus, if he was truly older than me then it would of course affect how I was to him. It wasn't a bad kind of thing, I just acted different to younger people and older people, neither was really better than the other just different.

With their server off and out of sight, it was back to just the two of them. It was nice, admittedly, but he hoped for Adelyn's sake that the server would be paying them another visit sometime soon. For a short while, the girl stared at him wordlessly, and he wondered if he should perhaps say something. Fortunately, he was saved from having to pull a rabbit out of the old hat, as she beat him to the punch.

It was another question- and something of a trend, as he'd begun to notice. "Have I asked even a single question in return?" he wondered, racking his brain for the events and conversations of the day. In the end, he couldn't recall making even a single inquiry, which was probably a bad sign on his part. But for now, he could at least handle her most recent question- age as a topic was usually simple and clean, at least to those who weren't in denial. 

"Still a long way from retiring, I would hope," quipped Azide. He weaved his fingers together and stretched them outward, so that his palms faced away from him during the entirety of the motion. "Not too old though, hopefully. Twenty for now, but you can add another year to that come winter."

Edited by Azide

So he was indeed older than myself, not by too much only two years which wasn't a big difference at all. He also said hed be twenty one in winter, id have to be remember and get him a gift as long as we still talk which hopefully we do, it would suck to lose Azide he was the first person in the game so far that I had talked to more extensively, and he also just seemed like a really sweet person. A fine quality indeed. My memory sadly wasn't the best however so I would most likely need to write it down a lot, or repeat it several times to burn it into my memory. But it'd also be hard as he didn't gave a day, just winter, a long period of time. Ill figure it out in the end.

"Ahh wow your soooo old" I say with obvious sarcasm coming from the smile on my face, as well as the sarcasm put in my still soft voice. "I myself am the young age of 18" I reply in a proud tone as if rubbing it in, but still joking with the man across from me. He had his fun with me, with the stunt he pulled back when I called him older than under the tree, as well as his snake things.  I could have a little fun as well, I doubt it'd affect him anyway but I felt like doing it so whatever. "Hmm...in a relationship?" I made it sound innocent as I could, but I really wanted to know as I was rather selfish. If he wasn't..well, wed find out what happened. If he was...then id hay to lay off sadly. Other circumstances also could lead to me backing off though, such as one outside this world, or one who he lost. If it was either of those two reasons, I would feel insanely terrible. 

Edited by Adelyn

"Ancient, pretty much," said Azide, still leaning against a closed hand, his head tilting to one side as he spoke. The truth of the matter was that he was somewhat on the younger side- at least, compared to many of his peers on the other side. Less than two semester had stood between himself and his four year degree- meaning he'd often been the runt of the class, discounting the occasional prodigy. But he felt content with humoring her; she seemed to smile when he did, and who was he to keep a smile from finding its way to anyone's lips?

She clarified that her own age was eighteen, which seemed about right from the look of things. "If that's true, then I can leave today with my conscience intact," he said, with a chuckle. "Where I come from, the minimum age for alcohol is eighteen- one of many reasons why we're a happier place than the States." While the fact was true, he couldn't say that he held particularly strong reservations about seventeen year olds sipping on glasses of white wine. Even if she'd revealed herself to be a few months younger, the only tangible change in the situation would be the loss of two somewhat snappy lines.

An eyebrow arched upward as Adelyn pressed forward with another, more personal question. "If you're hoping to find somebody to capture and ransom, I'm sorry to say that I'm not very wealthy in this game, nor do I have anybody like that in my life," he answered, wearing a wry smile.

Azide made a comment back about his age, and then mine as well. And it was probably true that the less restrictions on the drinking age made other countries happier, but most teens and young adults drank anyway, as rebels per say. And yes they got caught so the younger drinking age probably caused less under aged drinking issues as well. He then answered my question, again and I had to giggle. "Darn, I was really hoping to get some money out of this date" It was a joke of course that I said with a smile. I was growing rather confused at the man though. His personality was starting to become a little interesting as I thought about it though. He seemed as if he didn't have a care in the world, but was very sarcastic and, irritating at first, but not so much anymore. He seemed like a nice guy, he had taken me here after all and listened, but that snake and his appearance made him a little less approachable, to me at least. It was mostly the black hair, and eye shape, but whatever. I judge too much.

He actually reminded me of my brother. My brother was very much the same to people who knew, he was a very cold guy, but very sarcastic, while still being nice. However if you ever met him you wouldn't think it at first, he wasn't the most...sociable guy. He was a loner, but by choice, not by being singled out as a nerd he just didn't like people. I threw thoughts of my brother out of my head, as I didn't need to become emotional again in front of azide, I had already shed a tear once, no more today at least. I remembered back to when azide answered my question of what he missed most, I knew he said music but I wondered if that really was all. He most likely had family, I hope. And I wondered if he would ever tell me about them, I wouldn't ask now as it was one of the questions you just don't ask people in this game, but I still wondered. Who was he to them, and who were they to him.

Again, the girl giggled, and it reminded him of chiming glass. Perhaps it traced back to the motif of fragility he had noted earlier, but it was the first comparison that had come to mind. Was she humoring him? He'd noticed that a lot of girls tended to laugh at everything, as if the act were going out of style; yet, there was always the chance that her laughter was genuine. He found himself hoping so, as Lucifer never even bothered to humor him, no matter how witty or clever the remark. "So many jokes, squandered," he thought, picturing the blank stare with which the snake had given him each time.

His fingers swept aside rogue strands from his face as he paused to consider her remark. So this was a date after all?  Or perhaps he was simply reading too deeply into a playful retort. It wouldn't be the first time that had happened, after all. But the more he thought about it, the more he realized that all of telltale signs were there. "Hell, we're even about to break out the wine, even though it's closer to lunchtime than dinner." He consoled himself with the knowledge that it was five PM somewhere in the world. 

"I'm afraid if you're looking for col, you've got the wrong guy," he answered, pulling his pockets inside-out. It was more of a symbolic gesture than anything, as he doubted anybody actually materialized their col for the purpose of carrying it around on their person. With a shrug, he added, "It's a little hard to make money as an alchemist if you've never actually sold any of your crafts." A twinkle in his eye suggested that he was still more on the side of playful than serious.

"By the way, I think it's probably about time I asked a question of my own," he continued, with a laugh. "Excuse the lack of originality, but my question for you is the same as the one you had for me."

I smiled as azide pulled out his pockets after his comments, and then he stated that he had never actually sold anything, which surprised me of course. It was weird that he would be one of the highest ranking alchemists, but then not sell any of his creations. Guess she must be stacked on alchemist stuff then, pots for life I guess. As I thought about it though I began to want to be an alchemist, I thought back to the crystal he had showed me and its beauty, and I also wanted to help people, so of course any of the jobs I had heard about would help, but potions to heal people, seemed like a good way to do so without actually having to fight a lot. My thoughts were interrupted by azide asking a questions, he had stated that it was the same for me, and how he wasn't very original.

"No worried, I tend to ask a lot of questions, you don't ever have to do the same, usually when I do ask a lot of questions the other person just had me answer my own as well, so im used to it." It was definitely true, many people were either to lazy or just not creative enough, or whatever it was. They just didn't want to or couldn't ask questions like I did, it was weird in its own right, but for me it was educational. The more you knew about a person the better the relationship, to an extent. It didn't take me long to come with an answer, but it did take me a while to answer. But after the long pause I did answer. "No, im not. I never really liked anyone before" I say it with my soft voice, but now so quiet as well. My voice was always soft in sound, and it was quieter's than most but this was almost a whisper. It wasn't intentional at all, but it was just something that happened with me and questions about relationships, the past in that life was not the greatest, and I knew it was hypocritical for me to ask but not answer, and I really shouldn't have asked that without expecting it. The answer I had said was only half the truth as well, yes I didn't like anyone, but there was a reason for it, reasons I didn't care to share to often.