[PP-F3] Some Unexpected Guests (Guild Application) (Emareth) (COMPLETED)

Hikoru quietly cleaned every inch of his dusty shop, making sure that it was clean, so that no customers may think that he didn't care of his Shop. In fact, it was quite opposite of what he felt about his Shop. This was his Dream Shop, something he wanted ever since he started playing this game. And when he finally completed the Quest, he was so estatic he blew all his money to buy a shop. But business had been slow lately since he walked away and forgot about it. But now wasn't the time! He had to get to work soon, for he knew that eventually people would come to his shop.

He finished dusting the cabinets and shelves, and the glass where he could show off the vouchers he had created, and smiled and nodded silently, happy with his work. He made his way behind the counter, and pulled over his hood on his black cloak Hope, and silently dozed off, waiting for the bell of his shop to chime, indicating a customer.

Edited by Hikoru

Emerath had received a message asking him to come meet with a new potential recruit. The recruit was currently located in his shop on the third floor. It seemed like a nice little place, and as Emerath saw the vouchers, he realized that the man was a specialized merchant, selling basic and custom goods alike. He saw that the man whom he was supposed to meet was nodding off behind the counter. Emerath made his way to where the man sat and cleared his throat a bit to acknowledge his presence and then gave a smile as he put his hands behind his back. "Hello there, I'm Emerath, Spymaster and guild leader of the Dapper Rogues. I heard you were interested in joining us?"

Hikoru heard the ding of the bell and he picked his head up very slightly, so he could see the face of the man, but just barely. He didn't recognise him, but something about his walk made him peculiar. He wanted to get up, but wanted to wait until the man introduced himself. Someone with his walk never came into the shop, they came for another thing. As soon as the man cleared his throat, he looked up and got a better view of the man. The man smiled and introduced himself, and Hikoru almost fell out of his chair trying to get up. This was the man he had tried to contact a few days ago, he must have read his request to join the guild. He stood up and brushed the few pixelated dust particles off his cloak, then cleared his throat

"Y-yes hi. Sorry, I didn't recognise you. Yes i'm the man your looking for, my names Hikoru, pleasure to meet you Emareth" He said as he held out his hand. Hikoru smiled on the inside. He finally got noticed! Now all he had to do is not mess up and look like a fool, and then he would have a chance of getting in.

Emerath looked over the man as he stood up and gave him a smile. He took his hand and gave it a firm shake, "The pleasure is all mine." After the shake, he absentmindedly straightened his tie. He interested in this person, and he wondered what his capabilities could be, though he hadn't heard much yet. At least the man seemed to have a promising career, provided he could get his shop going. That was certainly a plus. Emerath looked around for a place to sit, but he wasn't sure if any would be readily available. So he looked back to Hikoru with a smile, "May I sit? I would hate to do so without asking first."

Hikoru nodded and smiled. This Guild Leader seemed like the proper type, someone like that knows what it means to keep things orderly and in control. He liked that in a person. The new player Emareth asked for a place to sit, and looked to see that he forgot to buy stools for people to sit at. He sighed, then remembered that there was a table and chairs in the back room. Plus a small fridge where he kept some food. He smiled and motioned to a door behind the counter

"Theres a place in this room to sit and talk, come and follow." He said as he made his way into the room quietly, clearing the materials to make vouchers off of the table and moved it to a nearby crate. After dusting the pixelated dust off the chairs and table, he pulled one out and offered it to Emareth, being as polite as possible.

"Care for any food? I have some in that fridge over there. Maybe some tea or water?" He said, trying to be a good host, and what he thought was a good job at doing it

Emerath nodded as Hikoru motioned to the back room. He followed the man into the small room, and took the seat that was offered with a, "Thank you." As he sat, he listened to the question about food, and was disinterested, but his ears perked up at the mention of tea. "Ah, a man after my own heart, some tea would be lovely." He leaned back a bit and looked around, "So how long have you been a merchant for? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is your skillset and build?" Emerath looked at Hikoru, he didn't look like a new player fresh out of the City of Beginnings, so he was more interested than he otherwise might have been. Emerath leaned forward onto the table as he waited for the tea, "And better yet, if you became a Dapper Rogue, what would you like to be?"

Hikoru nodded and went to the kettle to warm up some tea. He got the tea bags out, setting them on a plate on the counter and leaning back to it.

"Me? I'm more of a Defensive-Damage player is what I believe. I have a weapon with Paralyze and a Piece of Armor with thorns, making it easier to hurt them without hurting me. But if I were to choose..." He said with a thought "I'd want to be possibly just a messenger, Scout, or maybe a treasure collecter, seeing as I have a plushie that gives me +1 on my luck. I find it as complimentary to how I am, so i've decided to stick with it." And after that long spheal, the kettle whistled and Hikoru whipped around, turning the stove off and pouring the hot water into some mugs, adding the tea bags in and putting them on some small tea plates, bringing them over to the table and sitting down

Emerath accepted his cup of tea after listening to Hikoru talk about who he was in the game, and who he wanted to be. He sounded like a perfect fit for the guild, based on what he was saying. That was good. He had a feeling that Hikoru would make a great recruit, and they had only just started their conversation. He smiled at the man and said, "Well, sounds like you would make a great spy, which means you would be working directly under me. I think that would work out just fine." Emerath looked at his tea, and placed some cream and sugars into it, stirring it all together as the tea bag continued to darken the water. "If you're curious, spies will be information gatherers, scouts, and explorers. My personal specialty will be personal information gathering, so I could use people who are more specialized in the art of actual game exploration."

Emerath looked up from his tea and smiled, "And don't think you won't be well rewarded. All map data you acquire will be sold to the highest bidders, and you will receive a fair cut of the profits, with the remainder going into the guild bank. The higher your rank in the guild, the larger your cut."

Hikoru puts the tea bag into the water, and takes a sip as he said he would be a spy, working under him, and he almost chokes on the tea, sputtering for a moment. He had studied the Guild ranking the night before, and Spy was near the top of the list. He gasped and caught his breath, putting the tea down

"Really? A spy? Oh that would be a great honor sir!" He said with a hugs smile on his face "I would be glad to work at your side!" He smiled once more, taking a sip of his tea after he was done explaining. The right to work directly under Emareth should be treated as a honor, and Hikoru felt elated about the possible proposition. He smiled and took another sip, realising it was a bit bitter and added some sugar

As Hikoru seemed to go into choking fits over the tea based on what Emerath was telling him, he supposed he might've gone a bit overboard. "Alright, well let me clarify. You would still need to rank up normally, but if you excel, you will certainly be given the right to work alongside me, like all spies. Push yourself hard enough, and you could be the first Spymaster Seneschal." He took a sip of his tea after removing the tea bag, and smiled at the man. This was good tea. "As one of the first people to show real interest in ranking up and actually obtaining these types of titles, that puts you in a good position to become a council member, so I'd say strive for it." He placed the cup back down with a clink, and continued a bit more, "Your first mission will be with me, as such. And then when you become a Rogue proper, I'll also accompany you on your floor scouting missions. When we fight some field bosses, you'll also have my brother along. All in all, you'll be taken care of, so long as you continue to show yourself as a loyal and eager member of our small, growing family of Rogues."

Hikoru nodded at the explanation and sighed silently to himself. He knew it wouldn't be that easy, but everyone has to start at the beginning. So it wasn't what ha had planned, but he was getting in a Guild where he had a very good chance to get into a higher rankings, so how could he complain? He smiled and sipped his tea once more, swallowing the sweet concoction and nodding once more.

"Very well. We can go on this mission anytime, and my loyalty would not waver, not in the slightest." He said with a straight face, taking the tea bag out of the cup and placing it on the plate "So that is nothing you should worry about."

Emerath folded his hands. "Oh, I wasn't worried, really." He leaned back in his chair. "Well, I suppose the first step is to actually make you a member of the guild proper." Emerath pulled up his menu and scrolled through it until he found the guild menu. He pulled up his guild, and a big window popped up with a bunch of fancy guild leader toggles and submenus. Finally, he pulled one down that had to do with the roster, and he pressed the invite button, and typed Hikoru's name on his virtual keyboard before sending off the request and giving the man a smile as he sipped his tea.

• 2 weeks later...

Hikoru soon recieved a Ping as he opened his menu and saw the request. He eagerly accepted and soon he recieved a guild symbol above his head, A black circle with a gentleman tipping his hat. He smiled and nodded, noticing it above Emerath's head for the first time

"Very nice symbol, I like it" He says with a smile, feeling elated that things went smoothly. He looked and saw that they were both done with their tea, and he took the cups and threw the bags away, watching them pixelate in the trash can as I turned on the water, preparing to wash the cups

"So whats the plan now?" He asks simply, facing the other was as he starts to lightly wash the first cup, making sure to be gentle to not chip or crack the cups and dishes

Emerath gave a chuckle at Hikoru's comment about the guild's symbol, and leaned forward on the table as he began to clean up their drinks. "Thank you. I wanted something simple, recognizable, and true. I didn't want something that our guild would have to explain about who we are. When you see the gentleman doffing his hat, you know you're in the company of a Dapper Rogue."

Emerath watched him for a moment as he cleaned the dishes. Chores was something odd that Emerath realized that he didn't do much anymore in this world. It was so much simpler in SAO when it came to things like that. He shook the thought from his mind and put his mind on the question at hand. "Well, I suppose that's up to you. If there's anything else you'd like to impress me with while we're in the first impression stage, now would be the time."

Hikoru finishes cleaning the glasses and plates, letting the pixel-water through the drain and setting the cups and plates on a towel to dry. Something like this was a hobby in his real life, and it had just carried over into his new one. He sighed happily as he felt somewhat accomplished at his goal, and turned with a small smile.

"How about we go on a Mat gathering? I'm running low, and I think it would be kinda fun!" He said, smiling more. It was true, he hadn't gotten to get any new Mats in awhile, and he was starting to run low. If he wanted to keep making his Vouchers, he would need more than he has right now.

Emerath slowly rose from the table, pushing the chair out behind him with his legs. He stretched a bit, having sat for quite a bit of time, though he wasn't sure exactly how long they had been chatting at this point. He raised an arm and stretched with a bit of a yawn. He had been running himself ragged lately, and it was nice to actually have a simple chat with someone for once. Finally, he smiled at Hikoru as he finished his dish washing and said, "Sure, that doesn't sound so bad. I can always use mats, though I honestly haven't been using what I have. Been too busy." He chuckled a bit at himself, and waited for Hikoru to take the lead.

Hikoru nodded and walked towards the door, unlocking it and opening the door, going out and lifting the door of the counter. He waited for Emerath to pass him, then he closed the door and the counter, then left behind him, making sure everything was locked up tight.

"There, we should be set to go" He said as he locked the door tightly, then opening his menu, replacing my Fancy Pants, or Pride, and equipped his Leopard plushie, maximizing his chances of finding loot. "There, I should be set" He said smiling "So where do you want to go?"

Emerath rubbed his chin as he walked out into the open air. He stretched as he continued to work out the kinks from sitting down. Something he hadn't done often enough lately. He shrugged as Hikoru asked him the question and said, "Honestly, I haven't been on this floor much, so I'm not sure what all there is." He rubbed his chin again thoughtfully as he continued, "I can always use more mats for my store, and I'd be happy to see your combat skills. Now that things are official, really it's up to you how you wish to impress me from here." Emerath gave Hikoru a wink and a smile as he waited for the man's next move.

Hikoru nodded at the explanation of the situation, understanding that he wasn't as accustomed to this floor as he was, and he understood that. Not a lot of people were on this floor Nowadays, and business was getting harder. he was thinking of moving his shop up a few levels, but he would have to see how much it would cost, and see if he had enough.

"Well we can always go in the forest, there are a bunch of chances to find chests and loot, and a few fights here and there..." He stopped for a moment, rubbing his scruff of  beard lightly, then smiled. "Yeah, that's where were going, come on follow me!" He said without a seconds hesitation, not even giving Emareth time to blurt out any sort of idea or opinion. Soon, he was running down main street quickly, making his way toward the eastern border, towards the Forest

Emerath couldn't help but give a chuckle at the excitement of the man as he ran off down the main street of the town. Emerath had only just finished mentioning how he knew little of this place, and there Hikoru went, leaving him behind. Emerath threw his hands behind his head and started walking in the direction that Hikoru had went. Finding materials and potentially fighting some mobs which would hopefully yield some materials didn't sound like a horrible idea in the slightest. Emerath had been running low recently anyway. He just hoped that, as he continued to walk down the main street of the town, he would be able to find Hikoru waiting for him at the town gates. He really didn't want to be in any sort of a rush, despite Hikoru's excitement.