[OP-F1]«Earning A Living»Parachutes and Catapults (Complete)

I was wandering the woods after the first day of being locked in this Death Sentence of a Game thinking of something I could use to help myself level up quick when I decided to go through the guide book when I came across the occupations not very many but good enough there was cooking, tailoring, blacksmithing, performing, alchemy, merchants and artisans and many have taken a favor the blacksmithing and only one other person in that category was successful and had a shop open cooking wasn't my tempo I'd more or less murder people with food even if it occasionally had healing qualities performing I'm not that entertaining to watch and I'm not that athletic blacksmithing unless someone wanted a sword that blew up I'm pretty sure no one would want to risk their life and die cause of a sword I crafted alchemy I don't know if its a good or a bad thing maybe I'd consider it tailoring sounds right up my ally after such a long time arguing with myself I had decided to be a tailor but... "where would I open the shop?" and I had crashed into something...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*I bumbed into something* "owww!" I look up at the bloody thing that was in my way "WOAH!!!" it was a catapult pretty big one too im surprised no one has seen this thing growing vines and all other things on it. It didn't seem to be rotting byt there were no wheels to move it as far as I could see so that was okay. Looks like I found a location for my shop I marked it on my map and ran back to the town for supplies...

After I had gotten back with what I needed I got to work on the catapult first clearing off the vines and other things on the parts that would destroy them if it was used I found that it stop in a kind of rotating pedestal but it was heavy to push by myself there had to be some way to move the thing besides pushing so I looked around the area there was like one mossy looking rock but... I looked closer I'm pretty sure rocks aren't shaped that way though *I scraped of the moss using the blade I had* till I could finally see what it was it was a rock yes but it had symbols that I didn't recognize at all most of them were in blue but one was in red *I touched the red symbol and something clicked the catapult shifted a bit and began to draw itself back the symbol had turned green* " I guessed that must of been a lock switch *I pressed the top blue button and it started rotating to the north* "hmmmm..." *I clicked another this time the bottom right and it rotated in the southeast direction* "this must be like a compass of sorts I noticed another thing on this control panel a hand like scanner "I wonder what it does?" *I put my hand in the scanner then suddenly the catapult fires* but luckily nothing or anything was in it it scared me too bit was pretty fast for such a big thing who ever made this must've been pretty good with mechanics now that I figured that out "let's start building shall we?" *I pulled things out of my inventory*

Keith looked over from the top of a mossy boulder. He saw a girl with a catapult and she seemed to be crafting something with objects in her inventory. Keith looked back to where he had entered from and saw a boulder had landed on the path he was walking, making him come inspect where it had come from. He climbed over the rock and looked at the girl. "Hey, were you the one who shot that rock?"

I heard a voice I looked towards a male player who was standing by a one of the rocks I had launched "Oops sorry yah I was testing this thing out to see how much weight it could hold I didn't see you though sorry" *I get back to work*

Darius had been checking with all of the NPC's in the Town of Beginnings if there were any quests he could take on. The clerk from a general goods store told him that there had been a girl in there earlier, buying supplies to build a shop. She had asked to point anyone her way to come help build it. He accepted and the clerk put a waypoint on his map. He set out to find the girl that needs help.

[if this isn't an alright entrance I can change it to whatever.]

The male player came up to the pillar and asked "Wait you can make catapults?" He was very interested "well no not really but I'm repairing its messed up parts and pieces plus I wouldn't be able to build something of this scale without killing myself I just so happen to find it plus I'm building a shop right next to it by this here control pannel" *I gesture to the stone panel* "but please don't touch it as of now I'm really busy already with building and this is going to take four day at least if you can help me I'll show you how it works" *I roll a huge wooden gear past him and lay it down with a huge thud* "what do you think deal or no deal"

(Nope ur good Darius)

"Deal" he says and sticks out his hand "Okay Deal" *shakes his hand* "first thing is I need to put new gears in this thing and it uses would gears so its not to heavy good metal is rare around here so I wouldn't be able to get as much plus I don't have that much money or a blacksmith willing to build something so big" *I pick up the wood gear again rolling it towards a huge slot in the grass* "if you follow me I'll show you where to install these thing" *I continue to roll the wheel into the slot and it starts rolling on it on you can hear it continue to roll till it hits something and I run after it down a ramp*

He followed me "Its supposed to happen no worries its the only way into this room anyhow" *spots the wheel and starts rolling it to the rotting gears* "I just need to replace these dudes right here" *lays the gear against the wall and points at one of the gears* "can you help me lift this off?"

Keith nodded and gripped the gear, slowly lifting it off it's spot. "Alright, I got a hold. I'll just set it right here..." He grunted from the weight and looked to her for where to set it, eventually putting it with the rest against the wall.

"thanks" I pulled the new gear off the wall and rolled it over pushing it knocking it over so that it lands in its place* "now to the other 5 we can burn the old one later on" *going back up to make the new would gear telling him to follow as well* "you can help me make the last five too"

Through jogging and the occasional use of 'Sprint', Darius got to the waypoint sooner than expected. He saw two people working on something rather large. He approached them, plastering a small, fragile smile on his face, the muscles feeling weird since he rarely smiled. He approached them and greeted them. "Hey, my name is Darius. I heard someone needed help to built a store."

"yes I do plan to build with these ruins here Keith" *we were coming up to get the last three gears I picked up another and began to roll it* another male player walks up to us both with a smile "Hi my names Darius, I heard someone needed help to build a store" he said *I stop and hold the gear in place as Keith continues on* "Ahh Hello there Darius and what you heard is true I'm the one who needed help building the house right now I'm replacing the gears of this catapult and when were done I'm gonna test it and then start building I wasn't expecting any helpers but now that I have some the time is shorter for it to be accomplished so can you help us get that last gear down here? just follow and you'll know what to do" *shows him where the gear is and rolls off with the gear down the slope*