[SP - F6] I'll Face Myself <<The Gemini>> COMPLETE

The Gemini just wouldn't listen though and continued on with trying to stab Seul. "Get it through your thick skull that I don't wanna fight you! I. Don't. Want. To. Kill. You." He didn't even try to hide the anger in his voice now was the situation was getting rather annoying. There were so many opportunities in which he could've murdered the Gemini and been done with the quest but he was a hero. Heroes didn't just go around killing as they pleased. "you can't kill me! I am you, and you are me! Killing me would be killing yourself!"

|~Results~|

| ID# 34484 | MD: 2 (MISS) |

Seul [HP: 30/36] [Energy: 9/9]

Gemini [HP: 2/36] [DMG: 4] [MIT: 5]

Edited by Seul

"That's not true, you're not me!" He yelled while rising to his feet now. The Gemini had thrown another punch but Seul dodged that one as well. The battle was becoming drawn out but he couldn't bring himself to kill. As long as there were points left in his bar he wasn't going to claim the life of an innocent NPC for any reason. "Just spare me the crap. We could have ended this thing ages ago. I could've killed you a hundred times over by now, but I haven't. Wanna know why? I don't want us to fight!"

|~Results~|

| ID# 34488 | MD: 3 (MISS) |

Seul [HP: 30/36] [Energy: 9/9]

Edited by Seul

"Just shut up already! You're destined to die here." The Gemini had stabbed him in the shoulder with his dagger but the damage was still quite insignificant. Seul stared the NPC in the face, trying  to process why the thorns had yet again failed to activate. Had the Gemini figured out some magical way to exploit a loophole in how to not receive damage from the thorns enhancement? That was the only possible answer since he was still there and alive as ever. "You may have my face... But we're nothing alike. You're a coward who likes hurting people just for fun... I'm stronger than that."

|~Results~|

| ID# 34506 | MD: 10 (CRIT) |

Seul [HP: 29/36] (1 Base + 2 Rank Two Dagger + 2 Crit x 2 - 11 Mit = 1 Damage) [Energy: 9/9]

Edited by Seul

The Gemini seemed surprised by this which he openly displayed by his expression. The boy hadn't fought back for so long, was it truly alright to go through with trying to kill him? Of course it was! Seul was a fool for thinking otherwise. The world was ruled by the strong and the weak would get trampled underfoot. Kill or be killed as the saying goes. The NPC withdrew his dagger and hopped away with an eager grin. "Oh boy you really are dumb! Everyone knows that you're talking to your reflection right now! I am the side you try to keep repressed. The things you're too ashamed to show."

|~Results~|

No Actions

Seul [HP: 29/36] [Energy: 9/9]

Edited by Seul

Seul cringed at the Gemini's statements. Had the NPC been right? Was he really embodying all the things that Seul himself didn't want to see. He could feel the answer on the tip of his tongue. So close yet at the same time a million miles away. There had to be some reason for it, the feeling of dread he was experiencing while looking the doppelgänger in the face. Had all hope been lost? If he died here would anyone even care to notice that the NPC had stolen his life? For what reason was he truly fighting for, and why did the players want to clear the game in the first place? The world of Aincrad offered more freedom and possibility.

|~Results~|

No Actions

Seul [HP: 29/36] [Energy: 9/9]

Edited by Seul

"Face it, you're the true weakling here!" The Gemini called while stabbing Seul again but suffering no damage from the thorns. Seul cringed in return but couldn't bring himself to fight back. The NPC had set up a dangerous ace in this fight. Exploiting the enemy's self-esteem wasn't some revolutionary plan, but it was taking its toll on the boy. It was almost as if the will to fight was being drained from him by the minute with no signs of slowing up any time soon. He needed to stay calm. Killing the Gemini seemed to be the only way. But he had to do it at the right time.

|~Results~|

ID# 34575 | MD: 9 (CRIT)

Seul [HP: 28/36] (1 Base + 2 Rank Two Dagger + 1 Crit x 2 - 11 Mit = 1 Damage) [Energy: 9/9]

Edited by Seul

The Gemini tried to press the attack further but simply couldn't hit the boy. Each attack glided by, leaving the player unscathed. Seul had his serious face on now and even threw off the hood on his cloak to finally get a clear look at his foe. "Alright, you wanna die so badly? Fine. I'll kill you. But only because it's the only way to save you! The NPC laughed at such a statement and jumped back to a defensive position. "HOW WILL MURDER SAVE ANYONE?! YOU REALLY ARE A FOOL! JUST BLEED OUT ALREADY!"

|~Results~|

ID# 34577 | MD: 5 (MISS)

Seul [HP: 28/36] [Energy: 9/9]

Edited by Seul

"Not a chance!" Seul lashed out in a horizontal swipe with his dagger but the Gemini had jumped away in enough time to avoid the attack. The roles had changed, Seul was now on the offensive, but for how long? He needed to muster up enough strength to finish the deed. Just how many other players had the Gemini robbed of their lives until now? He didn't even want to think about it. He could feel the rage building within him, the NPC had to pay for all its wrongs. "It'll save you from yourself! You can't understand how much pain you cause. In an effort to feel anything at all, you just hurt more and more people. As a hero, I can't let that continue."

|~Results~|

ID# 34581 | BD: 2 (MISS) | -2 Energy

Seul [HP: 28/36] [Energy: 7/9]

Edited by Seul

"You just have it all figured out don't you?!" The Gemini was obviously by the boy's matter of fact like way of addressing the situation. He lashed out with his dagger but only caught air as Seul stepped out of the way of his attack. "You don't know a darn thing about the way the world works! If you don't kill, you'll just be stepped on and used. Me killing you will save you from that." The words came out sharper than the knives they wielded. Seul wasn't buying it for a minute though. There was absolutely no way such an idiotic thing could be true. He had to block out the Gemini's words and keep his eyes on the prize.

|~Results~|

Energy Regen: +1 = 8 Total | ID# 34597 | MD: 3 (MISS)

Seul [HP: 28/36] [Energy: 8/9]

Edited by Seul

The boy stepped into another stab at the NPC but the guy evaded it with ease. Maybe the Gemini had the ability to adapt to a player's fighting style if a match droned on for too long, which would've been the case here. Seul couldn't help but feel frustrated at his reflection's actions. There was no way the clone could be left alive but actually killing him was proving to be difficult. Every time he thought there was an opening the Gemini would find a way to escape. The thorns also hadn't been kicking in as they had earlier in the fight, but one good stab from them would've left the NPC as a pile of dust. Was his opponent taking this seriously now that he was so close to death?

|~Results~|

Energy Regen: +1 = 9 Total | ID# 34677 | BD: 3 (MISS) | -2 Energy

Seul [HP: 28/36] [Energy: 7/9]

Edited by Seul

The Gemini swung back with his own dagger striking the bow across the chest and once again the cloak showed no response from the thorns. There had to be something wrong. Seul had to figure out how to beat the tar out of the stupid imposter before the situation got any worse. There had to be a way to stop him. "You know I'd appreciate it if you dropped something good once I kill you!" The boy exclaimed while trying to kick back only to miss in the worst possible way imaginable. This jerk was going to die. Very, very soon.

|~Results~|

Energy Regen: +1 = 9 Total | ID# 34719 | BD: 4 (MISS) | MD: 9 (CRIT) | -2 Energy

Seul [HP: 27/36] (1 Base + 1 Rank Two Dagger + 1 Crit x 2 - 11 Mit = 1 Damage) [Energy: 6/9]

Edited by Seul

The Gemini tried to follow up with another slash but couldn't quite hit its mark allowing the boy to duck and place distance between himself and the NPC. "GRAH, JUST DIE!" He scrambled across the arena floor to reach the farthest corner. Enough was enough but he had to suffer through so much extra as a show for the crowd. Hearing them cheer and chant was starting to get on his nerves but he was surprised he managed to tune them out up till now. What kind of example would he be setting if he did go through with murdering the Gemini? Would it really be alright to finish it this way?

|~Results~|

Energy Regen: +1 = 7 Total | ID# 34724 | MD: 5 (MISS) | 

Seul [HP: 27/36] [Energy: 7/9]

Edited by Seul

"MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!" The Gemini managed to subdue the boy and effectively pin him to the ground by sitting on his waist. He took stabs with his dagger, aiming for the player's forehead but was thankfully a poor shot as he missed every jab that was sent Seul's way. "Get off; just give it up Gemini!" The NPC scowled at the mention of its name and only continued its pursuit with renewed vigor. "Don't call me that! I'm Seul, not a Gemini! I have my own life and friends! I live and you're the fake!"

|~Results~|

Energy Regen: +1 = 8 Total | ID# 34778 | MD: 3 (MISS) | 

Seul [HP: 27/36] [Energy: 8/9]

Edited by Seul

"You wish!" Seul managed to shove the Gemini off and scramble to his feet but the NPC responded by trying to sweep out his legs. He managed to jump just in time and scurry to the opposite side of the arena but to his dismay the clone was following close behind. What a pain. But the moral compass inside him was still trying to figure out which direction to send him. To kill or not to kill? That was the question. Thee Gemini was obviously a malicious being with a lust for violence, but what of himself? Wouldn't killing the Gemini just embrace the fact that they were so similar?

|~Results~|

Energy Regen: +1 = 9 Total | ID# 34786 | MD: 4 (MISS) | 

Seul [HP: 27/36] [Energy: 9/9]

Edited by Seul

They both took stabs at each other but neither side seemed willing to give in just yet. The Gemini was obviously too tired to be as accurate as he had once been and Seul's thoughts were clouding his judgement as in an effort to prove he was nothing like the Gemini he was doing exactly what the NPC had wanted and was on the verge of killing the cheap clone. There was no other path to follow. Running away was out of the question; the NPC probably would have hunted him down anyways. Killing the guy didn't seem right either though. But what if it wasn't him that killed the Gemini?

|~Results~|

| ID# 34788 | BD: 5 (MISS) | MD: 2 (MISS) | -2 Energy

Seul [HP: 27/36] [Energy: 7/9]

Edited by Seul

Enough had been enough. Seul simply lashed out with his dagger in response using his signature side bite technique, causing the Gemini to stumble before falling in to a pixelated confetti storm. "Good riddance." The boy sighed as if a heavy load had been lifted from his shoulders. With the quest complete he was free to pursue other tasks. Hopefully some that didn't involve dragged out matches against doppelgängers. He pulled up his hood once more before strolling out of the arena and made for the town's gate to try and get away from the place as quickly as he could.

|~Results~|

Energy Regen: +1 = 8 Energy | ID# 34906 | BD: 9 (CRIT) | Sword Art Used: Side Bite (2x1) | -2 Energy | LD: 16 | Skill <<Concentration>> Obtained.  

Seul [HP: 27/36] [Energy: 6/9]

Gemini [HP: -1/36] (1 Base +2 Rank Two Dagger + 1 Crit x 2 Side Bite - 5 Mit = 3 Damage) [DMG: 4] [MIT: 5] [DEAD]

Edited by Seul