[PP - F12] «Lord of the Seas» [ Ariel / Azide ]

Like a glove one size too small, his fingers remained tightly wrapped around the grip of his dagger. The knuckles showed their pearly whites, and the clenched hand shook as if it were rather unsuccessfully making an attempt to hide a tiny motor. Making an attempt to release the knife, Azide instead found the muscles locked, as if the system had not yet finished with them. He looked away, trailing the river all the way into the horizon, and took a deep breath. Holding it at first in his lungs, he expelled the air slowly through slightly pursed lips. When the deed was done, he found that his hold had loosened just enough to pry the knife out with his opposite hand. 

Once the weapon had left their clutches, it was as if a switched had been flicked on- he flexed the once stiff fingers. "Still numbed, but it's a step in the right direction," he thought, as he returned the blade to its humble sheath. Realizing that Takao was now addressing them, Azide looked up, only to answer with a firm shake of his head. "Don't be ridiculous. You cleaved off roughly a third of the thing's health, so clearly you pulled you own weight," he said. "Besides," he patted the sheath at his hip, "my weapon is plenty capable of paralysis as it is."

It was Ariel who had spoken next, chiming in with a chipper comment on his weapon of choice. She seemed to be in better spirits now, at least when compared to before. "Yeah," Azide said, rolling his neck. He slipped his hands into his pockets. "So, we finished here?" he asked, eyeing the other two.

(Incoming lazy post because I'm headed to work and probably won't have time to wrap this up late tomorrow.)

"Right," he said, a small smile appearing on his face as he nodded in gratitude. The item wasn't particularly useful for him, especially not with a similar consumable already in his possession, but he was sure he could find a purpose for it at some point. He swung his blade upward and let the flat land on his shoulder. The tip of his blade found the opening to the scabbard on his back with ease, having practiced the motion countless times before. It slid down into the scabbard until the cross guard halted its descent. "I think that's enough action for me. ...For a while, at least. I'm gonna head back to the town and get some rest."

- -

RESULTS

«Takao»
4 SP
133 Col

«Ariel»
4 SP
133 Col

«Azide»
4 SP
133 Col