[PP-F4] Enough Goo Goo Eyes (Endilix, Flints) - Complete!

Emerath sat in his alchemy shop for what seemed like the past week worrying about his brother. He was right next door, but yet he wouldn't talk to Emerath at all. He was sitting upside down in his chair as he looked at the door, wishing that his brother would walk in. Or at least say something. He checked his friends list periodically to see where his brother was, and he was always in his bar. Emerath knew he could just walk over and knock, but he felt like communication between them had been initiated and if he brother wanted to see him he'd answer. But finally, enough had been enough. Emerath did a backwards roll from his chair as he stood up and walked to the door. He sighed as he looked at the shelves. I haven't even been crafting lately, I've been so worried. Dammit Endilix, why do you do this? he thought to himself as he walked out the door and locked it behind him. He shivered a bit in the cold as he made his way over to his brother's bar. He took a deep breath as he stood in front of the door and raised his fist to give a light knock. Hesitation crept into Emerath again, but he steeled himself and gave the door a light knock.

Edited by Emerath

Endilix was in his customary place in the bar lately, sitting next to his mate on the couch as they enjoyed another quiet afternoon together. He honestly wanted to just stay like this with her for the rest of their time in the game. Everything was too dangerous, and proposed the risk of either more drama with someone or actual risk of death. He sighed as he looked at Flints, and stoked her cheek idly, looking into her eyes. But he was startled as he suddenly heard a knock on the door. Nobody actually came to Endilix's bar. There was no real reason to since he hadn't been making recipes and preparing any drinks. He broke his view of his mate for only just long enough to say, "Come in! It's unlocked!" before he turned his gaze back to the lovely woman.

Emerath heard his brother call out to say that the door was unlocked, and he was a bit miffed that he couldn't even seem to come to the door himself. He gave a huff, as he opened the door and looked inside, to see him sitting on the couch with Flints. He gave a frown, and then suddenly understood everything. He walked into the bar and shut the door behind him, before giving the door a lock. He didn't really want to be disturbed for the little rant he was about to go into with them. He stepped into the bar and shook off the cold. At least it was warmer in here, so that was a good thing. He looked at Endilix, and then Flints, and then back to Endilix with an angry look on his face.

"Do either of you realize how worried sick I've been?"

Flints never thought she would end up where she was today, relaxing on he couch with Endilix for days on end, not actually trying to fight for her life anymore. She was content with staying in with him as much as possible, his caresses were the most soothing thing she had ever felt. Finally breaking her gaze from his warm eyes just to lay on him, she traced small swirls against his chest until she heard a knock at the door. Flints gave Endilix a confused glance. Before looking over at the door to see who dared to intrude on their peaceful day. 

Endilix gave a sigh as Flints got closer to him. This was certainly the life. Turns out that being trapped in a video game had its perks after all, when life could just be this simple. It was like taking a long vacation with the most amazing person on the planet. He turned his head just enough to see who had come into the bar. He supposed if it did turn out to be a customer, he should be ready to serve them as necessary, but he just really didn't like the idea of leaving Flints arms. Thankfully, it just turned out to be his brother. He looked at him and said, "Hey Emerath! Long time no see!" and didn't fully seem to register the fact that his brother seemed to be upset. At least, not until Emerath mentioned how worried he had been.

Endilix blinked at Emerath, a bit confused, "Why in the world would you be worried? I've been here the entire time."

Emerath did all he could not to get upset. He clenched his fists and stared at his brother incredulously. "You... you idiot!" Emerath said as he stomped a foot, "I've been planning all these things out for the guild, I've been taking care of new recruits and guild missions. We had all of this planned out, to make this the best guild in Aincrad, and here you are just... lounging around with some girl!" He then caught himself, and gave a gasp as he covered his mouth, and then turned to Flints with a bow of apology, "Uh, no offense Flints. You're a lovely person, mi'lady."

Flints clenched her teeth as Emerath flailed about angrily. She gripped tightly onto Endilix when Emerath called her "some girl" it stung but she refused to let it bother her. She sat up and crossed her legs beneath her and watched Emerath carefully. Then turned back to Endilix before addressing both. "Sorry Emerath. Some times a little break from all the hustle and bustle of Aincrad is needed but i would be happy to help you in his place!" She smiled smugly at Endilix hoping to calm Emerath in the process. 

Emerath's glasses slid down his nose as he took a step back at Flints rebuttal. He had actually forgotten he was wearing his glasses, as he quickly took them and put them in his suit jacket pocket. He cleared his throat and shook his head, "I'm sorry, mi'lady, but if I allow you a spot of high rank it wouldn't be fair to the other recruits. Yes, I've known you longer, but I have to treat everyone with the same fairness to be a fair Guild Leader." He looked between them, "And it isn't that a break isn't necessary sometimes. But you two can't be hiding from the world like this. I love my brother, and believe it or not I miss him sometimes too, especially when we make plans together." He gave a sigh and looked away sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, "I guess I got a little too worked up again. I'm sorry. But really though, running this guild alone has been hard work so far."

Flints laughed and grabbed Emerath's arm pulling him to her. "well see! Looks like you need a break as well, so long as you're with us you won't have to wonder where we've gone off to now would you?" She hugged his arm to her body and smiled up warmly at him. She knew he would never go for that idea but she wanted Emerath to know that no matter what she would keep him in her best interest. "And I know I know, I was just joking with you, I'll eventually give him a run for his money!" She winked at Endilix hoping to lighten up the mood. 

Emerath was a bit surprised as he was pulled into a minor embrace with Flints, and his face couldn't help but redden. He looked over to his brother and absentmindedly pushed a finger against his nose to push up the glasses that he was no longer wearing. Instead it looked like he was just poking his face. "W-well, I would hate to intrude upon you guys. I just mean that you should, message or something is all. Or come visit me in my alchemy shop!" He tried to give a laugh to dispel the nervousness that Flints had suddenly instilled him him, and instead he figured he just made himself look even more silly. The chuckle that ended up coming out was shaky at best, and he put a hand to his chest to attempt to still his heart, "Well, I mean. This has been interesting though, seeing that you two decided to actually pair up together. I'm glad that you're both happy."

Endilix had still been sitting on the couch and raised an eyebrow at Flints as she made over to his brother. She wrapped himself around his arm and an odd bit of jealousy actually stirred up inside him. Endilix knew that they had spent some time in the mountains before him and Flints had officially taken each other as mates, and in watching them interact, he couldn't help but wonder what might have happened on that quest. Maybe I should take her out to do that quest. It'd be a good way to be alone and productive at the same time. he thought to himself before saying, "Well, I'm sorry if I worried you, brother. You're right though, I probably should have messaged you. I've admittedly been... distracted." he gave his own wink to Flints and smiled at the two of them, pushing any odd thoughts of his brother out of his mind. Emerath would never do that. He didn't even know how to interact with women anyway. It was all just innocent fun.

Flints released Emerath and laughed at his nervousness, "well know we know better, just don't yell at me when I'm in your shop all day! And yeah..I didn't expect to come into this game and find love, but I guess it always sneaks up on those who avoid it!" She became a little nervous at the thought of how quickly everything had happened, it was almost overwhelming. As Endilix spoke about being distracted she pretended to not hear him in hopes of not blushing like a fool but the wink sealed the deal as she reddened and squirmed slightly. 

Endilix couldn't help but smile at Flints' words. She was such a sweet girl, when she wasn't busy growling at everyone she met. He stood up and walked over to where the two were standing and walked over behind them, putting an arm around both, and his head between theirs. He looked to Emerath first and said, "I love you too, bro. I'm sorry I worried you. Although in terms of missing you, I can't say I miss how snarky and sarcastic you can be. And maybe sometimes a bit too serious." He gave his brother a kiss on the cheek and laughed, "But you're still my brother, through and through. I'll make it a point to come visit or message you more often, I promise. This is a death game, and who knows what tomorrow brings, after all."

And then he turned to Flints, and smiled at her as he looked into her eyes, "And you're too sweet to me. Especially in front of my brother. I never expected to find love either, but such is life. Who knew that following a boar around all day would give me the girl of my dreams?" He turned her head to face him and gave her a soft kiss, a loving one, matching how he felt. "Also, you're cute when you blush," he said when he pulled away.

Emerath groaned and pulled away from his brother after his show of affection for him. He wiped away the kiss from his cheek and crossed his arms. "That wasn't necessary," he commented as he turned away from watching Flints and Endilix kiss. "I wouldn't mind having you visit my shop, Flints," he said quietly as he continued to look away, letting them have their cute moment together. He gave a sigh, "Yeah, seems a lot of people are finding love in this game. And I'm just getting lost in guild work. Oh well." He looked out the window absentmindedly as he thought, I just need to be the strongest. Doesn't matter if I'm alone, as long as I can be the best.

Flints laughed at Endilix's display of affection towards his brother although Emerath objected she found it sweet anyways. But when he turned to face her and speak his heart she felt her heart flutter as she kissed him back just as sweetly as he did her, until her commented on her blushing to which she growled and playfully swiped at his chest. "S-Shutup!" Before becoming quiet and staring at Emerath, she worried for him. "Well then it's settled I'll make sure to pop in when you least expect it to take up all your precious time!" She frowned a little when he trailed off in thought but by now she knew better than to question his actions. She walked over to the bar and leaped onto one of the tall bar stools and scooted in neatly then patted the seats next to her in hopes the brothers would follow suit. "So what do you have in mind about the guild? It's really starting to take off, I'm happy for your success." 

Emerath shook his head at Flints. He had a feeling the woman wasn't lying when she said that. He shrugged and as Flints motioned for him to sit, he made his way over to the bar and sat down on one of the stools. He looked to her and smiled, "Well, you should know the basics if you read the guild information." He popped open his guild screen, and in doing so a ton of menu options and window popped up. He sighed a bit with a chuckle, "The perks of being a Guild Leader. Tons of windows in my menu." He shook his head, and pulled up the guild information to show Flints, "Really, we're going to be a bunch of information gatherers. That comes in many forms. It's all just a matter of collecting as much data as possible and possibly making some Col from it."

Flints groaned at the fact that Emerath brought up the guild information, but she couldn't help but grin at the thought that he would take the time to do so. she laughed at his cluttered menu before cocking her head and frowning. "As fun as that sounds i feel like you could put me to better use..i'm not very stealthy...although i can catch your brother off guard!" she giggled before returning to the topic at hand. "so we are sneaky? or uh, stealthy..." she looked down at her feet still a little confused about her place in the guild. everything sounded so interesting she just felt out of place and wasn't sure how to tell Emerath, or how to ask him to point her in the right direction.

Emerath scrolled through some of the details before finally closing the window and his menu. He looked over at Flints, "Well, I'll be stealthy, and members working with me such as spies will be stealthy. But we need people who are more offensive and combat oriented as well. The spies won't be able to protect themselves all the time. It's something that we need to take into account. So having people like Endilix, and you if you wanted to be that way, would be ideal." Emerath opened up the skill menu and pointed it out to Flints, "But, one thing to keep in mind is that this game is skill based. So even if you may not normally be stealthy, you could become stealthy through the use of your skills, and be something more interesting, if you wanted."

Flints stared at Emerath's menu and listened to him speak further in depth, she thought to herself about how Emerath did fit the roll of a stealthy player. she pondered the idea of her also being stealthy but it didn't sit well with her, although she preferred to not be flashy and out in the open, she liked the idea of being able to protect the guild and all its members if need be. "well, i could become stealthy but could you really see me as someone who was stealthy?"

Edited by Flints

Emerath considered the idea and he thought about where she might fit best. "I think you'd be good at protecting the guild. But I think you can use stealth to do that. Perhaps you can get some stealth skills and be more of a silent protector. My brother will get out in the open and get in the enemies' faces, but you could be one of those players that prefers to get the jump on people. And then still have the capability to defend yourself better than say, someone with my capabilities who would be going full stealth." Emerath nodded at everything he had said, and he hoped that it was the answer that Flints was looking for.