[OP-F1] Relieving boredom

Elul stared at the npcs traveling about doing their meaningless tasks, watching them carry matierals or bargain with a player upon approach. Of course the npcs weren't a bad thing, they were how she had survived all this time. Every day she would travel a few yards away from the town and collect stones, she would then in turn sell the stones to the merchants so she could make just enough col for food and a night at an inn.

But it had got so boring...

Elul shifted in her seat on the park styled bench, turning around to hang her hands in the fountain behind her.

Edited by Elul

Hot. Hot. Hot. All that happened to be on Nirvana's mind was the spicy food she'd eaten for a player who dared her to do so, and how to remedy the awful stinging feeling corrupting her mouth. She knew that video games offered no true pain, but that hadn't counted for this food item. A chili pepper of some sorts, was it? Aw heck, she hardly even cared at this moment, Nirvana begged God to treat her with something to cure the pain scorching her mouth. Or to at least punish the laughing high-leveled jerks who found pleasure where she could only suffer from excruciating senses that could probably fry her brain if any hotter. 

At last. As if discovering Heaven itself, she swore she saw angels dancing around a fountain. Speeding on the tip of her toes, Nirvana dashed like a mad-man towards the fountain and dunked her head in graciously. "A-A-Ahh~" She sighed. The pain still lingered, and burned of course, but her taste buds had been relieved temporarily and that happened to be the best feeling in Aincrad for the young woman in this very moment. Tongue out like a dog, Nirvana lifted her head and waved at the female player before her. "Sowwy fer da intewuption." Her speech comparable to that of a toddler's due to a throbbing, sore tongue, Nirvana swallowed embarrassment and instead pretended not be phased by the way she'd acted... Luckily, she hadn't even noticed the sour looks plastered on the face of others around town.

Hirru figured that he should visit Iggy's before having another round-about on the third floor again.  It had been some time since he had gone to the first floor.  Mostly because of the influx of people requiring his assistance with the quests for the first five floors.  Ever since the front lines had started acting up again, he had started seeing more people leaving the first floor to become adventurers.  Though, this also meant more work for him.

As he walked past a very familiar fountain, a memory played in his head of the events that transpired at that same fountain, a few months ago.  In a weird sense of deja vu, he found himself looking at two people: one sitting on the bench, while the other had their head in the fountain.  It was like the world wanted the events of old to come alive again.  At this point, the third person would show up to wonder what was going on with the fountain-headed one.

Unfortunately, that seemed to be himself.  His curiosity peaking, the jade haired hunter approached the two.

"I don't think that's going to help you much."

Elul jumped at the splash of someone trying to drink fountain water, causing her to retract her arms quickly. The player lifted their head out and apologized, of course to her it sounded more like, "Sowwy fer da intewuption."  Nevertheless Elul got the basic understanding, "It's fine, not the first time my sleeves got wet."

"I don't think that's going to help you much."

Elul turned to a player in gear clearly meant for a player who had left the starting city a while ago, his eyes and advice where directed towards the girl who had dunked her head for a drink. Figuring he was friends with her Elul kept to her self.

Shaking her short, shaggy hair now dripping wet beads, Nirvana nodded in a friendly fashion towards the female player. "Right? Plus I'm, like, always falling into fountains like this." Her sarcastic tone couldn't be missed now that her tongue had cooled down, Nirvana chucked quietly at her own joke before swiftly turning her head to catch the gaze of a stranger who'd made his way towards the two. "Whad'ya mean it won't help? It obviously did." Honestly, her tongue still happened to be ablaze but Nirvana definitely wasn't going to admit that fact to him. "It's not your business anyway. I was busy talking to my lovely friend here~" Moving closer to the female from earlier, on the bench, Nirvana patted the stranger's head and smiled wide.

Deja Vu

Though, not exactly as it played out for him.  The fountain girl was just as weird as he used to be back when, and the bench girl was almost like his old friend.  Not caring much in the least about the day to day of the Town of Beginnings.  Though, that was where the similarities ended.  Of course, this situation was quite opposite of the one before.  Now, he was the stranger that came up to them out of curiosity.

Looking towards the rather rambunctious girl, 

"I mean, that you should have several bottles worth of drinkable water, in your inventory.  There was no need make such a scene."

"But I don't-"

"I mean, that you should have several bottles worth of drinkable water, in your inventory.  There was no need make such a scene."

Elul stared confused at the pair, it was clear now they were not friends of each other and that the girl who had scooted a little too close for comfort was simply using her as a way to not look foolish, of course Elul didn't have a loud enough voice to object so her voice ended up being swallowed in the sea of npcs. Elul could understand not wanting to look foolish so after waiting for the dark-haired player to stop talking she raised her voice to levels that she would only use when presenting a project.
"Yes well she was just telling me how great she was at doing... a thing..."

Elul looked at her "friend" for guidance.
Edited by Elul

"Whaa?" Nirvana's eyes widened as she mentally face-palmed herself, feeling like a complete idiot. Of course she hadn't known this, pulling on the gear for the game without a second thought, completely ignoring the game guide because she hadn't expected having to venture any other place than Floor 1 until it all ended. "Of course I knew that. Don't need to tell me twice." She snapped, waving a hand in the air as if swatting at an annoying pest. Her feelings were becoming rather heated, and Nirvana knew that if she didn't calm down soon than she'd be spatting at causing havoc. 

Staring down, scanning the female before her, Nirvana offered a soft expression as a small "thank you" before speaking for the two of them once more. "Dancing. We were talking about my mad dancing skills. Right... uh..." Damn! She didn't have her name! Nirvana stuck her tongue out at the male, bent on winning their argument... even if it wasn't an argument to anyone else but Nirvana. "Doesn't matter. Who're you? Don't think we've formally met."

Aphrodite was waltzing around on floor 1, without a care in the world. When she found herself near the town's fountain, she looked over at three gathered players. She could tell by the air, that it was hostile. With her humorous face put into action, she carefully moved closer to the group. She gave them a smile, and felt herself speak, "Hello there!" Her happy personality being put into action as she spoke. Her pose taking that of a curious person, rather than a concerned one.

With a third person added to the mix Elul became confused, did everyone just barge up to people like they were best friends. So she said the only thing that seemed appropriate.

"I'm Elul."

A lame response but it would have to suffice since she didn't know what else to say. Of course she had never planned to take names when it was announced that she would be stuck in this game, every book she had read that had a similar situation told her getting close to someone was a bad idea.

Then again the main character would generally fall in love with someone so that ideology was out the window. 

With his brow raised questioningly, the jade hunter shook his head in a manner showing that he didn't believe a word of it.  Throughout his visits to the first floor, everyone that he had met there had their own quirks.  Though, some would come out of their shell more quickly than others.  Others would let the shell crack from pressure, rather than let themselves out willingly.  Hirru couldn't remember what he was, but the familiarity of the fountain was probably the starting point for him.

When asked about names, the hunter would have to oblige.

"My name is Hirru."

It was around this time that a young brunette girl came up to them.  She seemed rather cheerful, which may help the situation.  Though with these two, who knows..

Edited by Hirru

Chewing the inside of her cheek, Nirvana sighed and finally plopped down on the bench she'd been standing next to. Why did anger so easily get the best of her? She could socialize without fuming, surely. "I'm Nirvana. What's your username, girly?~" Her sapphire eyes darted to the newest arrival to their mix-match bunch, personality already seemingly obvious. "Cute smile." She pointed to the same person she'd addressed, body turned so she could see everyone but still remained on the seat beneath her. 

"Since someone was a little party pooper, then I guess we should all restart and try to make friends or whatever. Right?" Emphasizing "someone", obviously directing her comment towards Hirru who she still happened to have unclear feelings about, Nirvana attempted to get on the better side of all three because she was getting a little impatient due to idle chatter, but also knew that risks were always mandatory.

Aphrodite's smile only brightened with happiness as the girl known as Nirvana spoke up to her, saying she had a cute smile. She spoke with her charming voice, that held a British accent, only making her voice more calming and alluring, "My username here is Aphrodite! Nice to meet you Nirvana, Elul and Hirru!" Her facial expressions gave away that she was not only happy, but also gave away that she was calm, and thoughtful. "Yes. Let's all be friends... Starting over... Let's see...." She filled herself with thinking, "So... If we are going to be friends... Why are we all gathered at this water fountain?" Her question was rather greatly confusing herself, and looked at the water fountain for impact. While digesting the question she had just asked.

Elul pointed to Nirvana, similar to a child saying "she did it." Of course it may have been some unseen force answering her prayers to let her do something other than pick through trash, but it was probably just a coincidence. "Ask her, she kind of started this whole thing when she got thirsty." Elul was pretty sure if she had sat anywhere else she wouldn't have been in this weird... situation.

(OOC: The mobile version doesn't allow you to change color, sorry about that.

The situation went from sour to sweet, and was quickly going bitter.  Before he became apart of this mess, he was just going to Iggy's place for a visit.  The only reason that he had even stopped to question this little event, was because it looked way to familiar to him.  Realizing that his nosy nature came out again, the hunter sighed heavily before addressing them.

"Well, I won't keep you all then.  I only wanted to make sure that everything was fine before being on my way."

Hirru was about to turn around when he looked back towards them.  It would be better to leave on a good note.

"I know a fair restaurant in the western district.  If you'll take my apology, then let me buy a meal for everyone."

Flicking the head of Elul, she shrugged her shoulders afterwards as if not caring what'd happened. "I was pranked by a bunch of no-good bastards. Next thing you know I'm right here, talking to you guys." It wasn't as obvious how Nirvana dealt with the mishap as before, since game mechanics dealt with her wet form in a matter of minutes. But with the fountain around, and the fact that the young woman wasn't comfortable with embarrassing herself any further, she kept her mouth shut and instead plastered a smile on her face. 

"Hey!" Jumping up quickly, running over towards Hirru, Nirvana forcefully wrapped an arm around the male's shoulder realizing she had a change to get some free grub. Rubbing circles over her bare stomach Nirvana happily nodded. "You know, I'll take up that offer. We're practically buds already, anyhow. It takes a few fights to reach peace and make up. Comin' with us?" Feeling as if Hirru would comply with ease, Nirvana waved for the other two to join them for a bite to eat. Not that she cared, she only wished to hear their answers and get on with the journey.

Edited by Nirvana

Aphrodite's smile quickly turned small once again,"If it doesn't trouble you too much, I would like to pay for myself..." She checked her amount of col, not much was there.... She wouldn't let the boy treat her, and with no col left, it would mean she has to go hungry, "I can't let you pay for me. Plus, i'm not that hungry. But I would love to accompany you!" Her smile returned once again, not speaking of how she had arrived here, because she had just been walking. Nothing was very special about walking and stumbling upon a group.

Elul watched Nirvana chase after Hirru, rubbing the numbed spot where Nirvana had flicked her. It would be rude to accept a meal, especially if it was a form of apology, so she silently joined the back of the group. After hearing Aphrodite offer to pay for herself Elul checked her own Col.

0 Col.

Oh right, she generally stocked up on food by buying all she could carry since food never went bad. It appeared she would be following in Nirvana's footsteps this time.

As it occurred to him that inviting all three would be problematic for him, it was already too late.  He had started the avalanche to his demise.  Of course, that wasn't true.  Though, he just wanted all of the bad feeling to be left where they stood.  The Town of Beginnings was not a place to leave a bad situation at.  Most of the populace of Aincrad was still occupying the first floor.  Mostly because of the fear for their own survival, as a single mistake could get them killed.  Some would shut themselves in, and hope that the end of this nightmare would come.  Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen any time soon.  With the front lines only just getting back into business, their attention would be kept towards the top floors.  Meanwhile, despair held firm for the lower floors.

It was part of his job to circumvent that.

Leading the group towards the far end of the western district, they would come upon a small building near the far end.  A fairly unoriginal structure that seemed to have seen better days.  The front of the building was open to the street with a small curtain blocking the view to most of the inside.  A strong light flooded out to the street leaving a large cone of light that shone on several stools that lined the inner entrance.  Right next to the entrance, a sign shone under lantern lights: Iggy's Curry.  A slight hint of spices and boiling stew came through as Hirru walked under the partition.  

"Iggy!  You have customers!"

He shouted out to the back room, which was separated by a full curtain.  From the back, anyone that had sat down would be able to hear a rustling in the back.  Then there was a clattering of metal sounds before a feminine face appeared from the curtain.

"I.. I'll be right.. oww.. there!"

After some time, which didn't help that the smell from some pots was still emanating through out the room, the short woman came out from the back room.  Brunette hair tied up in a ponytail, and a chef's apron over her normal clothing.  She strode over to them with a smile.

"Welcome to Iggy's Curry!  What can I get for you today?"

Elul looked across the faces of her new friends- Were they friends? That was unknown to her, 'I mean Aphrodite and Hirru seem like nice enough people, but I feel like I could get trouble with Nirvana.' Either way it looked like she was the first to make up her mind. "Um Miss Iggy, I'd like some curry rice, if you don't mind..." Elul stepped back behind the three other customers so as to let Iggy's attention fall on them as she waited.