[PP-F2] Row, Row, Fight the Power! <Breaking the Unbreakable> (Blue)

"I'm doing this quest to get the Martial Arts skill. I don't want to encumber myself, meaning I can't wear a shield. As such, getting this skill early so I can access the Meteor Break Sword Art later is the best course of action. What about you?" He asks the other player while revealling his intentions for doing this quest. before charging at the rock again.

ID:35685

...And his punch goes just wide. Almost a hit, but no dice.

Edited by Greg Baxen
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue (44/44) (ENE: 9/11)
Greg Baxen (24/24) (ENE: 0/7)
Giant Boulder (16/50)

ID: 35686
BD: 8

Blue sighed. "Currently, I am doing the quest to get that skill as well... but I'm uninterested in any of that sword art. I just want the skill points that will be provided to me by the end of this along with the ability to enter that cave because I really need to gather some materials in there." Blue finished. It was a rather long sentence and he really needed some action right now.

Blue, without another word, charged forward with a sudden burst of speed. His smiled turned into a very big grin when he managed to once again cut the boulder's health down by a bit... but a bit is enough to say that they were almost done. Blue smirked before returning to where he started. "Your turn." He said.

Blue (44/44) (ENE: 8/11)
Giant Boulder (15/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg thought about this a bit. Did he actually remember to visit the quest-giver? He thought to question him on this. "You DID remember to visit the quest-giver, right?" Greg asks. It made him suspicious, and he thought that maybe the other player had forgotten, due to the fact that he didn't know it was fists-only. Shaking these thoughts off for a bit, he charges towards the rock.

ID: 35699

BD 3: Failure.

Greg's punch goes wide, due to his distraction on these thoughts. Realizing this, he grimaces. Returning to his previous thoughts, he speaks again. "I'm thinking you may have forgotten to get the quest. Hence why you didn't know that we couldn't use our weapons to break this rock." He says.

Greg Baxen: 24/24 HP, 0/7 EN.

Boulder: 15/50 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Giant Boulder (15/50)

ID: 35795
BD: 6 (1 DMG)

Blue sighed. He was quite annoyed that the other player thought he would be stupid enough not to accept the quest. Blue smiled, trying to be patient with the lower-leveled player. With a smooth movement, he pointed at his face which was filled with paint. "If I haven't accepted the quest, I wouldn't have this on my beautiful face." He said. "Plus, it says on the quest description that you had to punch it without using a weapon."

Well, enough said. It was his turn once more to attack the gigantic rock. With a smirk, he charged forward without hesitation and with a forceful attack, he was able to land a gigantic hit, once again, causing the crack to grow even more. Cool... Even closer. He thought with a sigh as he returned back to where he started, allowing the other player to have a go.

Giant Boulder (14/50)

Edited by Blue

"That's funny, because I distinctly remember you trying to use the <Snake Bite> Sword Art on it. For someone who supposedly took the quest, you sure made a silly mistake... unless you just ignored what the quest-giver was saying." Greg deadpanned, before lunging at the rock again.

ID: 35807

BD 6: Hit!

Greg's punch connects with the rock, draining its HP ever so slightly. 'Almost there!' Greg thought.

Boulder: 13/50 HP.

Giant Boulder (13/50)

ID: 35812
BD: 4+3=7 (1 DMG)

"Don't play clever with me." Blue said, kind of irritated. "Don't judge based on first impression... Because as far as I can tell, I've been inflicting more hits on the boulder than you." He finished. Not wanting a conflict, Blue decided that he would once more attempt an attack on the boulder. He was growing more restless and impatient as the times went on but he knew they would finish soon.

Blue went flying towards the gigantic rock. It was almost invincible, hence why the quest was called breaking the unbreakable. However, he was determined to land yet another hit on the annoying piece of obstacle. Even thought it looked like he was going to miss, he was still able to somehow guide his fists toward the boulder and land the hit. Not bad. He thought with pride before backing off and allowing the other player yet another hit. We're on a streak. He thought, not remembering the last time someone had missed.

Giant Boulder (12/50)

Edited by Blue

Deciding not to press the issue further, Greg ends the argument with "I'm just saying." Turning his thoughts back to the rock, he checks its HP Bar. It was now in the red, at about 1/5 of its max hp remaining. Just a few more hits and this test of patience would be done. Greg lunges at the rock.

ID: 35858

BD 8: Hit!

His punch solidly connects with the rock. He doesn't quite score a crit, but the punch does deal damage to the rock, chipping another piece of HP off.

Boulder: 11/50 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Giant Boulder (11/50)

ID: 35919
BD: 5+3=8 (1 DMG)

Blue smirked in taunt when the boy decided to just back off from a potential conflict. Eh. Who cares. He thought, quite amused with the situation at the moment and not very caring at all. However, there was still the obstacle currently preventing him from more skill points and a bit more materials as well and that was this gigantic boulder that both players were currently trying to smash.

"Alright... Let's do this." He said with a sly smile. He was quite confident that the party of two would finish off the rock in no time as long as they don't become distracted. "Soon." He said before dashing towards the rock with top speed. As Blue approached the rock and became nearer, he raised his fist up before striking the boulder with force and utmost might, dealing yet another damage to it.

Giant Boulder (10/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg rushed at the Rock again. It was now at 1/5 of its HP, which, if he was counting correctly, was 10. Just ten, possibly less, hits, before this farce of a quest was finally over. Eager to get this over with, Greg threw another punch at the rock.

ID: 35927.

BD 10: Super Crit! +2 Damage!

Greg's punch leaves visible marks on the rock as the health goes down by three! "Well, that sped things up." Greg quipped, before stepping back.

Boulder: 7/50 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Giant Boulder (7/50)

ID: 36002
BD: 7

Blue smirked. "You are quite good at getting lucky." Blue said in a taunting tone. Let's see if the game will be on my side this time. He thought as he stared at the rock. It was a pitiful object and perhaps it was meant to be destroyed but all things bad has a good side no matter the degree. It's a shame to kill such a marvelous masterpiece of a rock. He thought as he held his hands up high, ready to pounce upon the huge rock that was about to be exterminated. 

Blue charged up at the rock with an intimidating stare that would have probably made an enemy flinch if the rock was a living thing. However, the rock was not living but the effect was still there. With a yell, Blue jumped up into the air for some more dramaticness before coming down through the force of gravity which he used to apply force upon his fists. With a thud. He was able to strike the rock.

Giant Boulder (6/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg sighs. He was gonna be pondering the meaning of life at this rate, if he hadn't started already, the rock was taking that long to break! 'No point wasting time on thinking about random things, gotta destroy this rock, get that Martial Arts skill, so i can obtain the strongest 1HSS Sword Art." He thought to himself. Then, he approached the rock.

ID: 36045

BD 8: Hit!

Greg's punch chips a bit off of the rock's HP. The crack he left earlier is getting wider, the rock's HP only at 1/10 of what it had at first. "Okay, i got this..." Greg muttered to himself.

Boulder: 5/50 HP.

Giant Boulder (5/50)

ID: 36066
BD: 3+3=6

Blue sighed as the other player sighed as well. It was a drag... trying to hit a rock while losing patience slowly but surely. However, one gotta look on the positive side! The rock only had five health points remaining and with a few hits, the gigantic obstacle should be done for the quest. Alright... Let's see if I can land this hit. He thought with a crack of his knuckles.

Blue charged toward the opening of the cave where there should be an opening but instead lay a rock. With a forceful jump, he leaped high into the air and came down with quite an extraordinary speed. Nice. He thought when he just managed to make a hit on the rock... For a moment there, he thought he'd done the impossible, which was to miss the rock.

Giant Boulder (4/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg noted his opponent was making all sorts of fancy maneuvers. Opting to say nothing, he deadpanned mentally. 'He does realize that doing all those fancy flips and stuff is cool and all, but does nothing for practicality?' He thought to himself, before approaching the rock again.

ID: 36102.

BD 5: Miss!

Greg lunged to hit the rock again, but at the last second his foot got caught on something and it caused his punch to go wide.

Boulder: 4/50 HP.

Giant Boulder (4/50)

ID: 36225
BD: 6 

Blue sighed as he continued to stare at the annoying rock. He knew that soon, he would be able to break the rock entirely and bring justice to the opening of the rock. Still... the process is taking way to freaking long for my patience. Blue thought before approaching the rock and punching it with a dead-serious fist. With a smirk, he watched as the crack in the rock grew even wider and bigger.

Giant Boulder (3/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg shared his ally's sentiment, that this quest was taking too damn long. Still, they were just about to finish the rock off. Estimating about two or three more hits, Greg moves towards the rock again. He swings his fist quickly, aiming to smash the rock in one blow...!

ID: 36259

BD 6: Hit!

He doesn't quite manage to smash the rock, but he DOES manage to make the cracks he left on it larger! The Rock's health bar is almost invisible, now.

Boulder: 2/50 HP.

Giant Boulder (2/50)

ID: 36267
BD: 6

Blue sighed. The boulder had only two more health left so if each player manages to land one hit, they should be finished with the boulder with the next attack if Blue manages to hit this. Indeed, minutes and hours have taken its toll and he wanted to finish off the gigantic boulder with much speed and mastery.

Blue charged with fierceness. He knew that if he managed to hit the boulder, he would be able to either take one more health away from the it or finish it off with this attack. However, as much as he would've liked to finish off the boulder, he was unable to do so and instead, he only managed to take away one health from the rock.

Giant Boulder (1/50)

Edited by Blue

The Boulder's health was really low. One more hit should do it, Greg thought. He could finally get this farce over with! With these thoughts in mind, his face turns to determination and he lunges towards the rock, intending to finally break it!

ID: 36286

BD 1: Crit Fail...

Fate, as it would have, was NOT on Greg's side, as he promptly fell flat on his face after tripping over something. Greg groans at this. "You've gotta be kidding me."

Boulder: 1/50 HP

Edited by Greg Baxen

Giant Boulder (1/50)

ID: 36345
BD: 10 (3 DMG)

Blue sighed before giving a joking facepalm. "I know you're a nice person... But you have no need to reserve the last hit for me no matter how important I am." He smirked before bending his legs, prepared to jump out and strike the boulder in order to finish off the quest and obtain the rewards. With a chuckle, he charged forward with his fist raised high.

Blue feinted to the right for no apparent reason, but it seemed to have worked especially since he was able to land a critical attack. What a waste. He thought in disappointment. However, there was a positive. Indeed, the boulder had burst into millions of millions of overpowering pieces. Finished. He thought. "Well... That's the quest completed." He said as he accepted the rewards that had appeared in front of him. "Good luck my friend, Greg." And hence, he proceeded to walk into the cave which he will have a nice material gathering session. 

(OOC That should be the thread completed. Post the summary and have someone lock it please.)

Giant Boulder (0/50)

Edited by Blue

Greg sighed in relief as the boulder was destroyed. Chuckling at his ... friend? acquaintance? He still hadn't figured it out. Anyways, he chuckled at the other player's joke. "Believe me, i had no intention to. It's just rocks have it out for me for some reason." He responds jokingly. "I'm glad this quest is over, though, i don't think my sanity could handle it for much longer." he then quipped. Greg got the notification for quest clear, and obtained the Martial Arts skill at long last! "Thanks for the help, i appreciate it!" He says to Blue as Blue walks off, before making his way back to town.

QUEST COMPLETE!

Rewards: All Participants gain 400 Col!

All participants also gain 2 SP!

Last but not least, Greg can now attain the Martial Arts Skill!