Round 1: Ariel vs Teayre

The gates open and the countdown begins down to 10. The two players stood across the way from eachother on the Arena of the First floor. Just as he had done for the season, The boy lifted up two banners each representing the guilds of those participating and lowered them to signal they're prepare stage during the ten second countdown.

(OOC sorry, super lazy, Had no sleep last night)

Rules:

Please also post your Stats and Equipment in your first post.

No Consumables (Meaning Alchemical Products, Food, Performer products, Crystals, Etc etc.)

All Equippables are allow

All Skills ARE allowed

Both players will post their max HP,

Post an LD roll in your first post to decide whom goes first.

"So the Arena.." muttered a certain blonde as made her way towards the center of it. She'd been on a arena before but as a substitute not participant. Now it was different and she would have to stand act as one... unfortunately she knew the name of her first opponent. She had mixed feeling about fighting the crimson katana wielder, her best friend (a thing she was running short off lately) and one of her fellow dungeon crawlers, Teayre the Crimson Maiden. She couldn't deny the excitement that came from the thought of seeing how much T had progressed since the times Ariel first recruited Cal and her for the Brigade. One of the blonde's few happy memories related to those times. In any case, her immediate purpose was to meet the redhead in the center of the arena where a pedestal was erected. Once there, she would place her hand on the purple orb on top of it and await that her opponent would do the same: "We've been talking about doing this kind of thing. This tournament is a perfect excuse for it now" she said with a broad smile. "No holding back okay? I promise you I won't either. I wanna see the full extend of your skills." Thanks to the new dueling system that was now possible.

ID# 35035  LD: 5
turnament_stats.png.f6b702775f3b99f74ab6

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion
fixed broken stats link

Within the dusty arena the red headed girl looked around again her hand gripping her katana tightly as she stepped forwards. The grey banner that Zelrius held in his hand signified that she held no guild affiliation. Drawing her katana, the golden eagle pommel shimmered in the sunlight, Teayre gazed up at the blonde girl facing her. The purple orb shimmered as Teayre placed her hand on it gently squeezing. “It’ll be fun A-chan, but I’m sorry I need the money to get a house with Calrex. No hard feelings yeah?” The purple orb floated into the air bathing them both in a rays of violet light. Grinning Teayre nods at Ariel as she twists her hands her red coat flapping around her. Watching as the countdown begins.

ID: 35043 LD: 8

HP: 433 as using PvP Orb

Teayre_HP.gif

Edited by Teayre

After the redhead placed her hand on the orb the whole pedestal vanished before them and got replaced with a floating countdown above them, that started with 10. She brushed her long hair behind her and continued speaking in a light tone as if the duel wasn't about to start: "I see you have big plans with the prize. I for one don't have any plans of moving out of the shop soon." Her eyes glanced at the timer as it changed from 9 to 7.... "No hard feelings indeed, let's have fun instead!" she said with a genuine smile. It was about the same line she told her protegé, Meokka, a while ago when the two dueled in order for Ariel to asses her abilities. Remembering that particular pleasant memory, Ariel reached for her weapon's black leather scabbard and brought it in front of her. Then she began elegantly drawing it slowly, making a soft metal on metal scraping sound originating from the steel coated interior of the scabbard.The timer clicked ...7.......6.......5......... when she completely drew it, she simply let go of the scabbard making it disperse mid-drop, its served its purpose.

ID: 35250 BD: 2 (3 + 3 ACC - 4 EVA) Miss

Closing her eyes Teayre listened to the beeping that signalled the count down. 5… 4… 3… For one moment the red head paused breathing slowly then as she heard the time timer beep she charged in. The Oikawa Kanashiki glowing a deep purple as she withdrew it from the sheath, the ring of the blade echoed throughout the stadium as the tip escaped the confines of its holder. Teayre went flying towards the blonde her weapon slashed through thing air, looking to her left Teayre saw Ariel standing there. Smiling at her the red head nods. “No holding back remember?” The young girls eyes shone as the combat had truly started.

Teayre: 433/433 Energy: 30/32 (2 Used)

Ariel: 437/437 Energy: 33/33

Edited by Teayre

"So some of the katana sword arts have purple color!" she said to the crimson girl as she drew closer to her left ear. Once Teayre started charging Ariel maintained her footing until the last moment, them made a side step with a spin to the girl's left. She then tighten the grip on her weapon, activating a sword art of her own enveloping her black weapon in a light blue aura, she was too close to use the charge sword skill so she had to immobilize her target first. She dealt, to the redhead's now exposed left side, four thrusts to her the ribs which then ends with a thrust to the foot to stun the opponent. "Oh course" she replied with a gentle smile. "Sorry but I need you to stay put a while" she added.

ID: 35307 BD: 6 (6 + 2 ACC - 2 EVA) Hit

Teayre: 388/433(155/200) Energy: 30/32 (5x1*10 - 5 Dmg Mit)

Ariel: 437/437(200/200) Energy: 25/33 Sword Art: (8) Spica Caliber – 5x1 & Stun

ID: 35447 BD: 4 (Not Accounted for Due To Stun) CD: 9 (SO CLOSE!)

Teayre grinned as the blue light reached her eyes. Rolling backwards Teayre almost managed to avoid the initial thrust the weapon just scraping along her ribs. As the black weapon shot through her all the crimson haired girl could do was smile. “Thank you.” As the weapon protruded from her foot. As she flexed her muscles Teayre found that she couldn’t move them at all. “I’m glad… She’s not pulling any punches.” Her grin remained despite an attempt to drop it and her eyes were frozen on Ariel the darting beads following her next series of movements. 

Teayre: 388/433(155/200) Energy: 30/32
Ariel: 437/437(200/200) Energy: 25/33

Edited by Teayre

As soon as she finished her sword art the blonde stopped her barrage of stabs and began doing reverse rolls to put some distance between her and Teayre as she needed the space to activate her next sword art. Once she got away from more than 4 meters she stopped and adjusted her blade to a perfect horizontal position, then bringing up at her bosom level while lowering her stance in the same time. That was the pre-move needed to activate in the same time the  Shooting Star sword art and the Charge sword skill. As it was expected the skills activated simultaneously, prof being the golden light her body started emanating as she charged towards her immobile target and the golden glow her weapon had gained from utilizing a sword art. She was appeared indeed to be a meteorite, coming at towards Teayre with inhuman velocity thanks to the combined system assist.

ID: 35480 BD: 9 (nat)

Teayre: 305/433 (70/200) Energy: 30/32 (1x7*13 - 5 Dmg Mit)

Ariel: 437/437(200/200) Energy: 18/33 Sword Art: (7) Shooting Star - 1x7

The stun wore off just as Ariel’s second attack hit her. Grunting Teayre staggered backwards as the golden glow of the weapon pierced her. “Nice one Ariel.” Jumping back a short distance Teayre sheathes her blade. Breathing slowly the red hair’s eyes flash with joy as she grins again. Darting towards her target with her right hand gripping her blade tightly Teayre draws the Oikawa Kanashiki as it glows a deep purple, slashing Ariel across the stomach. Coming to a stop at the other side of the blonde girl Teayre watches as the red crystals continue to fall for a short while from the girl’s stomach. “S-sorry.” Teayre straightens up as her battle healing takes effect repairing some of the damage the she had been dealt earlier.

ID: 35496 BD: 10 (Nat +2 DMG) CD: 11 Battle Healing Activated

Teayre: 322/433 (87/200) Battler Healing:17. 4% of max health Energy: 17/32 13 Energy Used Sword Art: Iai
Ariel: 358/437(121/200) 79 DMG ((9+2 Crit)*10 – 31MIT) Energy: 18/33 [Bleed Activated 2/2 Turns Remaining] Stunned

Edited by Teayre

As son as she finished her move the blonde looked at Teayre as she backe away and sheathed her blade: "Giving up?" she said with a bit of a arrogant smirk but a memory flashed through her mind as she had seen that technique before. It was too late to back away as she was already stunned by the sudden move. "The art of drawing...Iai, should've seen it coming. she muttered as she could barely even talk even less move a muscle. The one she saw using a similar technique before was none other than her tailor apprentice. She didn't heard for him in a while, a sad smile covered her face as a small hope that he may still be alive crossed her mind.

Teayre: 333/433 (98/200)
Ariel: 358/437(121/200) Energy: 19/33(+1) Stunned

Taking several steps back Teayre readies her katana again, the blade glowing a deep purple for the second time. Her legs bent, her back taught ready for the attack. The crimson maiden’s whole body was coiled like a snakes. That was when she struck. Her charge skill activating as the Oikawa Kanashiki became a whirl of steel slicing through various points of Ariel’s body. The blade biting into her flesh leaving red marks all over. At the last second the red haired girl jumped and brought the katana down sailing through Ariel’s head in a vertical chop.

ID: 35590 BD: 7 (4 + 3 ACC) CD: 9

Teayre: 322/433 (87/200) Energy: 8/33 (12 Used, 1 Regen)
Ariel: 253/437(16/200) Energy: 19/33 101 DMG ((9+2)*12 – 31 MIT) [Bleed 1 of 2 Turns Remaining]

Edited by Teayre

The redhead didn't hesitate to strike Ariel once again with all her might. The blonde's life once again plummeted as she was at the limit of the duel parameters with her HP bar. Clenching her teeth, the blonde noticed that she had regained control over her body and attempted a hasty attack towards Teayre's shoulder in the hopes of throwing her off her game. But that attempt proved futile as she didn't get the proper footing that was needed for such a sudden move and found herself with her back on the ground, looking at Teayre from below. She once again cursed and prayed to some distant gods that this will not be the end of her.

ID: 35628  BD: 3 (3 + 2 ACC - 2 Eva)

Teayre: 322/433 (87/200) Energy: 8/33
Ariel: 253/437(16/200) Energy: 17/33 

As Ariel recovered Teayre leant backwards slightly to avoid the strike aimed at her shoulder. Her balance was off however and the red head fell onto her backside, letting out a laugh she rolled over her shoulder and stood up her eyes meeting Ariel’s as the blonde did the same. “Guess we just blow each other away hey A-Chan?” Grinning it was obvious that Teayre was enjoying the match between her and her best friend. Her smile faded as the crimson hair flashed forwards her blade striking low. However it missed, somehow the blonde’s feet weren’t where they were supposed to be. Gritting her teeth Teayre continued with a renewed attack.

ID: 35630 BD: 3 (4 + 3 ACC – 4 EVA) [+1 Next BD] CD: 7

Teayre: 322/433 (87/200) Energy: 7/33 (2 Used Due to Miss, 1 Regen)
Ariel: 253/437(12/200) Energy: 17/33 4 Bleed Damage, Bleed Worn Off.

Edited by Teayre

By a struck of good luck once again the blonde was spared from recieving the final blow as her opponent got thrown off balance by her earlier attack nd was on the ground as Ariel. Seeing this as her chance she rolled to the side and kicked the ground, reverting to a vertical position just in time to evade Teayre's attack. She tried a counter-attack to her stomach but was easily evaded again. She gripped her beloved rapier tighter and went in a defensive stance. 

ID# 35631  BD: 2

Teayre: 322/433 (87/200) Energy: 7/33 
Ariel: 253/437(12/200) Energy: 15/33 

As Ariel thrust towards her stomach Teayre parried her blow, following the attack up the red head scraped her katana along the rapier pushing through the blonde’s defensive stance. The Oikawa Kanashiki glowed a bright crimson just like its owner’s hair as Teayre was suddenly driving it through Ariel. The blade cutting deep into the blonde. Teayre stood on the other side sheathing her weapon as she turned around hearing the sound of trumpets. Looking up the winner notification was above her head. Flicking her katana out to one side before sheathing it with a soft click, Teayre steps forwards her arms embracing Ariel before she steps back smiling. “Good fight, there A-Chan we’ll have to do that again sometime soon!”

ID: 35674 BD: 6 (6 – 4 EVA + 3 ACC + 1 LM)

Teayre: 322/433 (87/200) Energy: 1/33 (7 Used, 1 Regen) Sword Art: Zekkai
Ariel: 221/437(-20/200) Energy: 15/33 32 DMG (9 * 7) – 31 MIT

Edited by Teayre

As soon she felt the cold? sensation coming from the steel of Teayre's katana, Ariel knew the duel was over. The small fanfare was just for the system rubbing salt on the freshly cut wounds. In that moment her body went numb, the tense muscles that were overexerted during the duel simply gave up to the sound of the trumpets, making the blonde drop her arm with her weapon's tip pointing towards the ground. Next came a soft and warm sensation, she knew this feeling and couldn't help but to show a smile after her crimson friend spoke. "Yes, it truly was" she said with a clear voice, she wasn't particularly happy of the outcome but having the chance to see Teayre go all out against her and deserving this victory has sweeten the bitter taste of defeat.

The crystal clear voice from Ariel made Teayre sigh, letting go of her best friend she took a step back before prodding her in the belly. “Oi cheer up, I’m planning on using the armour I ordered from you anyways” Grinning she kneels down and looks over to Kimba, reaching out to her and began to play with the lion despite the next match being called out by Zelrius over the speakers. “Anyway Ari, Like I said I’m planning on winning this thing… Just so I can wipe that smug look off of Calrex’s face whenever I say him. Although he may look smug for other reasons but still I want to beat him.” Grinning even more Teayre looks up at the blonde. “This time though, we’ll be fully kitted out when we face each other.” 

.... The blonde let out a short burst of laughter at the gesture. For some reason the redhead's particular action triggered that unconscious reaction up to the point that small tears began building up at the corner of her silver eyes. She wiped them off after calming down a bit, she too ignoring the next match statement. "Sure, I will help you in that end as well as I can." whe said while looking at the two friend play without a care in the world, despite this being a serious event. At some point, acouple of tough looking figures, one of them a redhead bodyguard carrying a blazing shield and spear(who might or not have been Tristan) began approaching them with the intent of driving them out the arena. Ariel grabbed Teayre's hand: "I think this is means our time has run out. what you say if we let them struggle a bit more while chasing us?" she then glared at her lion companion that already started howling in agreement.

Teayre smiled as Ariel laughed before a few tears escaped her wiping hand. Her eyes darted to the box from where Zelrius was orchestrating the fights as the red headed figure leapt into the arena. “Guess our time is up.” Flashing Ariel a quick smile Teayre waves at her. “I’m going to dash out I think, I’m still not strong enough to take care of Calrex if we’re going toe to toe with each other Ariel.” Turning on her feet the coat flapping in the wind Teayre begins to walk out of the arena. “Thanks again for the fight A-chan!”