[PP: F2] The Drunken Serpent [Kalesh][Complete]

Opal had removed the last bit of suds before her body was clean and dry of all the soapy water that clung to her figure. Running a hand over her curvy form, she lifted her hands up and over the dampness of her hair as it slowly became dry and full once more. She applied the same dark make-up that she had used prior to the engagement, adding on the cherry red lipstick last all applied using the vanity system in her menu to doll herself up. While the dinner plans were meant to be casual and with a friend, Opal honestly felt naked without adding make up to her face, while unnecessary as it was it made her feel good about herself.

She had made note to meet back up with Kalesh at the main plaza in Urbus before going to the Drunken Serpent. They had just recently got back from slaying a Wasp Queen which in turn came out to be a brutal headache. But after getting cleaned up and able to relax for a bit, Opal had managed to calm down from the event and was ready to go out...she just needed to put some clothes on. Quickly navigating through her inventory, Opal had placed on her black pants and a comfy looking and warm turtleneck, covering up most of her body. Giving a look of her appearance in the mirror, Opal nodded with satisfaction and stepped out of the Inn room and headed towards the Urbus Plaza where she would wait for Kalesh. 

Edited by Opal

He let out a looooud sigh as he soaked in the tub, head slightly submerged so he ended up blowing bubbles. What was it with travelling with Opal and staining his clothes? His outfit was still drying off from the cleaning, so he couldn't even wear it. He sighed as he dunked his head one more time before standing and getting out of the tub, grabbing towel on his way. He ruffled through his hair with the towel, drying off his long hair while the hot water steamed off his muscles a bit before he wiped himself down too. He looked to his clothes and gave them a testing poke to be sure of it and yep, they were still far too wet to be wearing out. He would look like he just stepped through a waterfall.

He shrugged his shoulder as he tossed the towel over a towel rack so it could dry too, not particularly worried about it. He only really had one outfit but he knew he would look ridiculous wearing it on a casual dinner, but what choice did he have? He went through his menus and equipped what was easily his most fancy outfit to date. Splendidly soft fabric with red decoration surrounded by golden trimming while the rest was black save for an area around the belly which was white, giving of a sort of royal-knight vibe. "Bah!" Says Kalesh as he decides that if he is going to look pretty he'd go all the way, tying his hair up into a pontytail much like the one he wore at Zelrius' party. He just hoped his date didn't mind and accepted the excuse that his clothes needed cleaning. Finally feeling prepared he takes a breath and steps out of his room, which was rented for the night so that he didn't need to worry about losing his items, and headed out and into the plaza of the second floor like agreed. Even in the dark it didn't take long to notice Opal when she wasn't trying to hide, happily approaching her and saying "Heeeey, sorry. I wanted to be a bit more casual but the bees stained my stuff, remember? Do I look alright?" He says with a slight chuckle, scratching his head nervously. He hadn't seen the outfit she was wearing today before, so he happily smiled and said "Ooh, nice. Turtlenecks are a thing here? You look good!" He also noticed the makeup but didn't mind, it made her look ravishing as usual, just hoping she wouldn't be embarrassed with him sitting across from her.

58add79feb4a5a0ee860b521b3f759fc-d33z6gt

Opal turned her head and looked towards the oncoming voice, black ebony hair unfurled over her shoulder as she turned her body to face the voice that belonged to none other than Kalesh. Smiling, she nodded, "You look...fancy...But it's nice, you look good. And thank you, turtlenecks...are just convenient right now." She said pointing her thumb behind her, "Shall we get going then?" She took the lead between the two of them since she knew where they were going and hopefully he had remembered her small warning about the place. Opal had stayed in stride with Kalesh for the most part, the area of Urbus where they were traveling to had some shifty dark figures late at night and the woman wasn't wearing her belted saya and katana set, she was strong enough now to not have to worry about dealing with people in safe zones and no one could force her out of it even they had tried. 

Giving her fingers a small pop, she finally broke the awkward silence between the two as they traversed through the city, "This isn't a date." she said bluntly, "Just to make that clear..." she smiled, she didn't wanna give off the wrong impression of what tonight was and she would not be doing what she would have done with Jomei should that night have progressed further in her favor. The tequila would not be drunk today. 

"So have you explored a lot of Urbus? This place is interesting at night. Lots of shady businesses going down around here. I even heard some sort of human trafficking taking place. Only rumors though, but if your stats are high enough, through intimidation and other means...someone can make another's life a living hell without going orange..." she had put a very dark mood in their conversation, was that her idea of fun these days? She shook her head, "I only say this because, I have been investigating this area a bit from time to time to make sure nothing like that happened to anyone else. This might be a game...but this is the real world now...for us." 

GASWvJE.jpg

Edited by Opal

He nodded when she suggested they get moving, happily following beside Opal towards the place she had told and warned him about. "Thanks, I try not to look TOO shabby, though I didn't think I'd be wearing this somewhere so soon... And turtlenecks are a favorite for when lazing at home in the winter." He smiled at memories of the past. Trying not to get too lost should his dinner partner decide to strike up more conversation on the way. His eyes did glance around though, the further the went the more out of place he figured he looked. Being all fancy and virtuous looking in clothes like this may or may not have attracted attention which he hoped he could apologize for.

When Opal mentioned that them getting dinner wasn't a date he couldn't help but smirk and give the a slight nudge with his shoulder. "Of course not, you are returning a favor." He smirked to the silly woman before adding "No offense to the place, but if I was taking a woman on a date, it would not be to Urbus." He hummed in thought as he considered his options for date locations before shaking them from his mind. "In any case, I'm not expecting tonight to be anything more than a good meal with good company." He smiles to Opal, hoping she believed him. He was not strictly against more, but he always kept realistic expectations. Opal had mentioned on several occasions her lack of desire to sleep with him after her change. He doubted he would take such a change so elegantly, far more likely he'd be less than Laughing Coffin mentally... Plenty of reason to force himself to stay humorous and sane. He respected her resolve, even if she did not share the full details of her experiences, an idea rested in his mind. "You said the place was seedy, if people start bugging you too much you can pretend it's a date." He gave her permission, putting emphasis on the word to assure her it would be an act unless she desired otherwise.

To her next question he said happily "Nope! I only spend time in towns to fish, sleep, or buy things for the most part." He stroked his arm nervously, sure she remembered his disdain for towns for fear he would become as he was when the deathgame started. "That said, these rumors are new to me... Tsk, even in this world humans find a way to spoil it, eh?" He shrugged his shoulders as he thinks of people trafficking other people as if they were property. The idea made him feel disgusted, sure he would never even indirectly try to support such a thing. "Weeell, on the subject of seedy locations, supposedly there is a special 'oasis' up on the fifth floor. Dancers and what not. Never actually went there, surprisingly enough I know." He shrugged his shoulders, aware of his flirty personality and his libido.

Opal shifted her head as Kalesh spoke, and then sighed, "No, there won't be any problems. I know a lot of people that come by the joint, and while it is in a shady area, the people inside are pretty cool. I haven't seen them in a long time though since before the training which seemed like forever ago. But we should not have any problems..." They continued their trek towards the Drunken Serpent, Kalesh had mentioned an oasis on with some 'dancer' on the fifth floor. 

"That is an interesting rumor, a lot more player friendly than the ones I hear about around this area. Dancers...I wonder what kind, unless you mean strippers and such? Hahaha...I can see that happening in this game. Women here can have a very strong hold on some people, it might just be computer generated graphics, but if you can stimulate the brain enough...that's really all you need. Here we are..."

She pointed to a normal looking wooden door and opened it softly, apparently it was a busy night for the tavern. Immediately upon opening the door there was laughing and shouts coming all around the place. They stood at the entrance and watched for a moment as people were coming and going back and forth, a rowdy bunch of men in the corner that she knew a few faces of, others she had yet to meet. Her eyes locked on the owner giving him a small way, "Hoy! Its Opal! Nice to see you back in the world of the living. Find yerself a seat, we'll be with you soon."

The man shouted over towards her by the bar helping seven people at once as he worked on filling their mugs up. Opal nodded and looked back to Kalesh, "You are quite over dressed for this place, Sug." she said gesturing with a finger for him to follow. As they traversed a body of people they finally found a small booth where they could sit, Opal taking the left and sitting in the center of the booth. 

As Kalesh sat down, a different man who seemed pretty unhappy to be working looked to Kalesh, "What you want?" He looked to Opal and only recognized her by the lingering scent of lavender that was around her body, she did have a small smoke break Kalesh had found her at the Plaza, so the lingering scent was still clinging to her person..."Opal? I didn't even...wow. You...changed, where is the scantly clad clothing and the robust expression. I'm surprised you didn't barge in here yelling "HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL BITCHES!" He looked to Kalesh, "She has done that a lot..." with a more friendly tone now, he looked to the two of them and once again initiated in taking their order.

"The regular for Opal and for the Peacock, here?" 

"Actually, water...and the house appetizer to start us off. He can order what he wants, it's his night. I owe him a favor."

"Hohohoh~ His night, I see...a favor haha...lucky man...What can I get ya, Boss?" 

Opal's eye twitched, she had wished she wasn't so...touchy feely with the people here when she got wasted at this place. These were the things she had to live with now. 

Kalesh laughed and shook his head "Ohhh no, not strippers. I hear they are belly dancers. You know, lots of hip swaying and the like." He shrugged his shoulders and said "Well, for the majority of the players here, if I know my MMOs-" He grinned, rather certain he did "-Most of the people here are used to the idea of polygons and pixels being good to look at." He looked his hand over with a smile "It's not a perfect copy, but they didn't do a bad job either." He taps just under the join of his pinky finger. "I should have a dark spot right here on my left hand, but we don't need to be perfect. We just need to be 'close enough' and the head will fill in the blanks."

He smiled and tried to keep a straight back as he stepped inside with her, looking around curiously for a minute before getting a feel for the place before concluding in agreement with Opal "Well, maybe if some ungodly creature didn't stain my clothes every time we go out, this might not be an issue." He shoots her a wink before he heard the sounds of recognition towards Opal. It was obvious she came here fairly often if so many knew her name. While taking their seats, him sitting on the opposite side of the table from her, he couldn't help but ask "Popular, aren't we?" He shrugged his shoulders, not particularly minding. Just made the experience more pleasant.

At being rudely spoken to and accused of being a peacock he couldn't resist running his finger through his hair. "If you got it, flaunt it?" He grinned, all attention going into absorbing the information about her past life. The little windows to how she was since she didn't really go into any significant detail. "Does she, now?" He smirked, figuring if they ever came back here together he'd do it for her just to surprise her.

When it came to the beverage he wanted he said "Hmm. Something on the strong side I suppose, but mix in some juice or something? I want my throat to feel like its on fire but actually have some flavor in there." He grinned, sure his order didn't make him seem less like a peacock but here just shrugged. "Pineapple, preferably? If that's just way too much trouble just get me something that will burn my throat and I'll manage." He smiled as he holds his own hands under the table, always being nervous during this part of ordering a meal in case he sounded of an idiot. Despite the look on his face he was thinking that he would have liked to meet the old Opal, even if they didn't get touchy or feely. When the server went off he leaned forward a bit, his elbows on the table, and said "Thanks for this, by the way." He had no regrets with meeting the new Opal, even if she was a bit chilly at times he knew she had good in her.

"House Appetizer, water...and Glass of Fire for Mr. Fruitloops. Be back in a bit..." 

The man said mentally noting their order and walked away. Opal's full lips came to a cross of a smirk and a smile before leaning in a bit more, "Make sure you check your glass before drinking...and there is no way you're getting lucky tonight, at least not with me. You have a girlfriend, don't you? And you don't need to thank me...It is I who owes you this." the woman said leaning back in her seat slightly and examining the room once more.

"Nothing has changed here, the people are the same. Loud, rowdy, a lot of familiar faces. Its funny how time just keeps going on in routine even when you are not around. I feel like a ghost sometimes. People see me, then look away as if I was just an image of something in the past. They carry on with their lives and it just becomes normal..." Shifting one elbow on top of the table, she leaned over it and snugged her chin in her palm and bit down on her pinky lightly with pearly white teeth. 

"But that's just how things go. We move on...people move on, feelings move on..." a moment of silence before she strikes up again after collecting her thoughts, "Have you thought about what you just ordered? They really do have a drink called Glass of Fire here...you are gonna regret ordering that, or at least your esophagus. I should also mention this place has a mutual partner who works in alchemy, so the drinks have a few extra kicks in it besides what the cook can do. Good luck with drinking that." she smiled and short hairs from her face and over her ears. The materials of the sleeve wrapped around her arm drooped over her wrist, the turtleneck; was longer than she had like it to be, but it was comfortable and warm. 

"So I heard they defeated the Boss on Floor 11, and already a meeting will be taking place for the 12. Are you going to participate in the next battle? Might be a while...I was thinking about joining the next boss fight. Depending when it actually happens of corpse. I was able to add a few points into a skill called <<Charge>> still deciding on what to do with my next set of points though..." she wasn't sure what kind of things should be discussed, these days it was just conversations based on what you could do to survive. 

He chuckled softly and said "And if I find something I don't like in the cup?" He tilts his head curiously and continues "And you are right, but I am going to remain optimistic of my luck." He chuckles and rolls his eyes "That was a joke, by the way, you are right. I'm not going to cheat on Lia willingly..." He said after a short pause "Even if I am an irredeemable perv, I have self-control. I want her to be happy." He smiled softly as he thought of Lia. "Not even you and your body if you tried would take me away from her, I'm too loyal for that." He chuckles softly "If something happens, you are either asking Lia for permission or forcing me into it."

When she suggested he would regret his choice he said "Doubtful. The pain is superficial, no true damage is being done, it's just another sensation. That's how I enjoy spicy food so much. The burn is just a sensation, if you stop associating it with harm and other bad stuff, it stops being a bad thing!" He chuckled softly as he explained his logic when it came to such things. "I enjoy alcohol for the burning sensation more than the actual taste. So, bring it on." He chuckled happily, eagerly awaiting the rush the pain would give his nerves.

He listened to her words but sadly couldn't agree with them, sighing as he said "You aren't a ghost, you just aren't the center of the world... I'm not, the people in this bar aren't, not even Kayaba who set all this into motion is. The world moves on regardless, some people and things change, others don't." He shrugged his shoulders as he slumps back in his seat. "That doesn't mean you aren't important. Everybody has a role to play. Even those whose jobs are only to clean up the messes left by others serve a purpose in the grand scheme." He forces a smirk across his face before saying "Or so I like to think, that's just my opinion on the matter" He straightens up again and shrugs his shoulders. "I'd be preeeeetty upset if I found out you died. I'm upset the old Opal 'died' too, and I didn't even know her. Either way, you do matter."

Sure his words were probably embarrassing or came off a little too strongly he happily switches to the floor talks. "No idea... As I am right now? Oh, no way in hell." He shakes his head "My weapon, my armor, neither are strong enough to even scrape at being on the same level as the others who will be attending. I need to get some upgrades but so many people have been going underground." He sighed softly. "I still don't understand why you have no mitigation. There is a point where you need to expect some damage now and then. At least, in my opinion. I don't want to risk getting unlucky..."

Opal didn't say a word to Kalesh, but she should have, but figured her eyes could do the talking for her when they gave him a sort of 'Thank you' look expression as he told his opinion on the matter of her being a ghost, "You can mark my word though, Kalesh." she said pointing a finger finger at him, "Opal is a name that will be known in all of Aincrad one day. I'll make damn sure of that!" she said with a mild sarcastic scoff.

"She is already known in all of the Drunk Serpent!" the large man said placing a cup of water...that was somewhat green looking by Opal, in the center of the table was a mix of different appetizers, cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers, fried okra, a side of what appeared to be ranch sauce, chicken strips or...some chicken like product. But it all smelled good, "And the Glass of Fire...There you go Tucan, we are not held responsible if you lose your voice after drinking that. Our brewmeister came up with the deadliest and hottest throat burning alcohol you could ever stomach. You let me know if you need anything else. Just shout."

Opal laughed at the detail given of the clear mug of bubbling, toxic red liquid in front of Kalesh. It looked like hot lava in a glass, but the liquid itself was surprisingly cool. Opal leaned over, her fingers picking up one of the breaded poppers before chomping down on it, a squirt of hot cheese landing on the table as she bit into it. Munching down her eyes brows furrowed, "Hoo...haaaa..." her mouth opened slowly and she chewed even slower, her face reddening from the spicy pepper. Taking a quick gulp of the discolored water, she felt her mouth was returning back to normal. 

"Back on topic," she continued, "No mitigation yet...I know. I'm still deciding if I actually need that for my current build. I haven't used a lot of skill slots yet, so I still have plenty of spots let to fill. Time will tell when I need it, or if I ever will."

Kalesh laughed and nodded in understanding "Consider your words marked, I'll keep that in mind when you are standing on the top floors kicking butt." He grinned and looked to the side at the other man's comment and the placed food, rubbing his hands together appreciatively. At first he looked at the drink warily for fear of permanent damage... but then he remembered he could lose a hand and everything would be fine and good in a few minutes. Games were convenient like that, lose a hand in real life you are pretty much boned. Those were thoughts for another time, he had something to settle.

"I had a friend in the real world you accused me of being part dragon with the spicy foods I've eaten. Like I'm disappointed when a foreign restaurant gives me 'white guy' spicy." He takes the cup into his hands and takes a deep breath. "Onward for adventure!" He brings the liquid to his lips and starts gulping, one, two, three gulps before he slams the mug to the table and lets out a loud "OOF!" His face started to flush red, tears poured from his eyes, but on his lips was a cocky grin. "God damn!! That's hot!" He laughs and grabs up a pepper, tossing it into his mouth and munching down on it, sniffing to keep his nose from leaking as he enjoys the pain. "Sometimes I worry I'm a masochist." He says while bringing the cup to his lips again.

"Aaaaah~! Man, I swear, I could not be happier that this stuff won't be hurting on the way out." He grinned, noting the other conveniences of being in a game. "Give me regards to the alchemist who made this!!" He says a bit loudly while grabbing up another pepper. "Seriously though, you are taking a huge risk with how you are building yourself up. Some field bosses totally ignore evasion. Some players have enough accuracy to negate it too... You need to have a back up plan. The risks are too great..." He shrugged his shoulders softly, not really able to tell her how to build her own character, only giving his own insights. "A wipe doesn't really mean you get up in a few minutes and try again." He sniffs loudly while wiping away some of the tears in his eyes. "... It's a physical reaction, it's not something I have control over."

Opal could not help herself from bursting out into an out of character laughter from the pure red in Kalesh's face after downing three massive gulps of the Glass of Fire. She only held up her hands up to her mouth and watched as he bravely went on, watching with every intent to watch him spew out the contents. Not only did he keep it down, he aggravated the assault further with a few peppers. She shook her head in disbelief as her only came away with a mild reaction as one would have with spicy foods. 

"You are a brave, brave, man, Kalesh. I would hate to think what something like that would do to your stomach and your esophagus in the real world. Not to mention as you said, the pain that would come at the other end." Opal shook the raven hair from her face, and then smoothed the shoulder length locks over her ear. She listened to the explanation of the mitigation suggestion that kalesh had made. She sighed, tapping her lip with her digit fingers and wondered if she really should start putting points into armor now. She had enough slots that should could work it in...but right now was it necessary? She shrugged to herself giving her a mental breakdown of her own stats so far and what she needed to upgrade next. 

"Alright, I'll take a deeper look at it when I get the free time then. A back up plan is a pretty good idea as you say. Evasion won't always save me..." that much was true, she had already felt the weight of direct attacks on her before without any mitigation to help keep her HP at optimal levels. It was decided soon after she would eventually put the stored points to good use. 

Drinking from her water glass, she looked back up to Kalesh, "You alright? You still look like you just dipped your face in a pool of blood or something." she giggled softly and shook her head looking away from him, averting the honey glow of her amber eyes. 

Kalesh rolled his eyes while chuckling at her reaction "Yeaaaah, I'm fine, once the intense ungodly burning sensation passes I should be a-okay!" He winked and pauses a moment before tipping his head back and pants as he sets the mug down again. "Tell me if my character springs and leaks, I doubt I would drink this stuff in the real world on appearance alone." He chuckled softly "Not entirely sure this isn't some alchemists take on a fire weapon buff being misused!" He took several swift breaths while covering his mouth out of courtesy, trying to cool the fire that burned within.

He smiled behind his hand as she said she'd look into it, nodding happily and saying "Do what you feel is best... some people focus purely into their weapons, getting grandmaster as soon as possible so they can put all their points into other things." He nodded softly, having a similar plan in his mind, he simply wanted to have a minimum level of surviveability as well for his own safety. "There are still some minor issues I haven't decided on for my build... Will I want parry at all? Should I get howl just in case I am helping a newbie to keep them safe?... Or should I focus into search skills, reveal and nightvision to ensure I'm never impaired or caught of guard." He sighed dramatically as he says "Charge is almost certainly on the list as an 'eventually' skill" He rambled about his skills for a decent amount of time as he looks to Opal "You are going to be a sneaky ninja I figure... Honestly unsure how I would use a sneak skill"

If there was one positive thing about his pain and suffering, aside from the downright amazing taste and the steady pump of endorphin and adrenaline, was certainly hearing Opal smile and laugh. Both rarities to a point and things he was always happy to see and hear. That said he grabs up another pepper happily. "Mm... How are their steaks and what-not? Decent cuts size-wise?" He asked curiously as his body debated the pros and cons of just letting ones trachea melt.

"I wouldn't pass it by them if it were..." she said in conclusion to his statement about an alchemical buff being used as an alcoholic drink. She continued to laugh more so to herself and in a much quieter tone as her recent outburst had caused some unwanted attention. Clearing her throat and pulling the woven turtleneck off her neck for a brief moment to allow some cool air to slip in, she shrugged her shoulders as they continued to talk about their character builds so far. She found it more and more necessary to have mitigation, just wasn't sure what sort of armor to adapt to it, which one had the better enhancements and the like. All she used was the leather jacket mixed with a few vanity items to pull off her look. The Saavy and the Evasion seem to be irreplaceable for her in terms of leather and light armor goes, but for heavy armor? She knew a man like Lindow could wear that stuff and not be encumbered by it, should a small woman wear knight's armor? She laughed at the thought and swung her hands back and forth in front of her face dismissing the thought entirely. 

The conclusion focused next on...meat? She looked at Kalesh puzzled, "I don't know. I usually didn't come here for the food, it was to get wasted with their drinks...But I guess decent sized cuts? I suppose you could always ask. Are you looking into ordering some food? These appetizers are going pretty fast and I am still a bit hungry myself. Just let me know and I'll get his attention the next time he swings over." 

Opal wondered what she wanted for a meal as well, now that they were back on the conversation of food once more until, "But there are so many builds in this game. hybrid seems like it will give you the most benefit end game if you ask me. Even if a Glass Cannon goes all out for damage, they'll still have spots left to take advantage of armor mitigation." She shrugged, it was also another point taken to take up armor skill sooner than later.  

Kalesh smirked mischievously as he puts another appetizer in his mouth "Mm... Of course, we're here for dinner, right?" He winks teasingly as he hums in thought about what places like this normally offered for food, trying to make a decision before then. "Yeah, actually some chicken and ribs would be good I think, with a side of fries!" He smiles happily in reminiscence of such meals back in the real world, often eating similar things whenever he was eating out. He was a man of simple tastes, not really caring for veggies or meals that were small but complex, he was more the quantity type of eater. "If that's not straining your wallet, of course, I can dial back my order a bit if you want." He smiles to Opal, not wanting to be a burden on her.

His face's flush was going down, but he did have a the slightest bit of a blush. It seemed that the alcohol was finally soaking through as he said "Ehhh, I never not do hybrids... It's like... Why limit your options? I like to be... useful in lots of situations, not just one. More groups that way, even if I'm not suuuuper focused." He sighs happily while sitting back in his seat and slouching a bit as he got comfy. "I was gonna be heavy armor at first, had a greatsword too. Decided against it, I like being fast on my feet... Death by a thouuuusand papercutssss" he chuckled softly and looks to Opal curiously "Seeing you in plate sounds a bit funny... even samurai stuff. You'd look good in a ninja shozoku though..." He shrugged his shoulders and puts his hand to his skull, giving his neck a few assisted cracks. "Ahh... You have the stealth skill mostly..." He shakes his head "Feel free to ignore me, I am very 'theme' oriented... I make a visual image of what a character class is and build the skills to fit that picture..."

"No, no...help yourself to whatever. This is a debt I am paying back after all..." She could see that Kalesh seemed to be a bit more talkative now that the alcohol was rushing through his system, had she been drinking more than just water she would have bet money she would have been doing the same thing. Their conversation continued on food and character builds, it was interesting to note what Kalesh had thought of her garb as a kunoichi. She nodded her head, "Yeah, in fact that reminds me, I still need to design my ninja garb when I actually go out for those sort of missions. I can't very well be running around in a turtleneck or a zebra outfit if I wanna be one with them shadows." she scoffed a bit mentioning her attire before hand. She seemed to have mix feelings on what to wear as a whole and could never decide on one thing to wear.

This wasn't the real world anymore where she had tons upon tons of clothing to chose from day to day, being a woman had its up and downs, but having little variety in clothing was definitely a downer for the woman, although the materialistic part of her died a great deal as opposed to this more mature and serious stoic Opal. Despite whatever revelations she had during training she was still a woman with needs and cute outfits were something she always kept an eye out, even if they were a tad more revealing than necessary. 

"I think plates are best left for the tanks of the game. I like being able to move quickly, as you said, so I probably will stick with light and leather armor for now. But...since we are on the subject of food and stuff as well, I'll go ahead and call that guy over..." Opal looked about the room, sitting on one leg and propping herself up a bit. She watched as the man went table from table checking up on his fellow customers before finally finding his way back to their table thanks to Opal give a small wave.

"Alright folks, looks like you picked clean that appetizer dish. How's about some real food, yea?" the brutish looking man looked to Kalesh and pointed a stubby finger at him, "How's that Glass of Fire going down? Looks like you are almost done with it, I'll bring you another when I bring out your meal. What do you kids want?" 

Opal looked to Kalesh, but he offered her to go first. The woman smiled and looked up about to order, "Ya know, I could go for whatever passes off as spaghetti and some big meatballs. And another water as well..." She looked to Kalesh once she was through with her order. The man nodded and looked to Kalesh in turn. 

Kalesh nodded eagerly and said "If you're sure~" He smiles as he turns to the nameless man who was taking orders. "Thaaaanks, but I think I might be good on the fire about..." He takes a swig of the last of the stuff, setting the cup down and shaking his head "Now." He coughs a bit into his hand and chuckled as he goes on to say once Opal was done ordering her food "I'd like some ribs and chicken, and a side of fries." He smiled in the hopes that they had those, if not he could always order something else he figured. "Ah, could I instead have some cider instead of more Glass of Fire?" He chuckled, knowing better than to have too much of that monstrous drink of death and destruction!

With his order made he turns to look to Opal with a grin "Well, there are no rules you need to wear your armor over your clothes..." He shrugged his shoulders "You could get a breastplate or something and have it hidden under the cloth, or just wear greaves or somesuch... Armor for underneath clothes, that type of stuff!" He smirked at the idea of that. It would allow the more fashion oriented to dress how they liked without worry of getting new armor for each outfit. "I tend to want to show off my armor though, makes me feel special and intimidating even if I am not~!" He smiled as he considered what his ideal armor might look like. There was no shortage of styles in a fantasy game, that was for sure.

"Let's see... not something bulky, but decorated... something that covers most of my body but doesn't smother me..." He sighed dramatically and rests his chin on the table. "Probably another jacket. They seem fairly common among light armor users, but they look snazzy." He smiles as he considers his dream armor, thinking of some of his favorite games as he decides on what he would pick. 

The man eyed Kalesh for a moment and shrugged his shoulders, "I have no idea what they sell here, I just take the orders...Anyways, be back in a bit with your food." The man said moving his way to the other tables and helping the other customers. There was a rowdy bunch of people a few booths behind them and Opal had to look back to see what all the commotion was about, "That's pretty normal for this place, all the noise. If this was a real bar back home...Things would be getting a lot more interesting." Opal placed her elbows on the table and sank her silky chin into the cup of her palms while admiring Kalesh's imagination of armor and his other comments of said items.

"That is quite true. I could very well be the best damn ninja in the game running around in a turtleneck and some pj pants if that's all it took. But much like yourself, I pride myself on the armor too, and it wouldn't be fair to the smith who forged those items to just have their items covered up with some vanity effects. But as you say, there is plenty of choices out there for us." 

Opal had wondered what her next set of armor was going to be like. She had a design in her head, but that would be breaking a code of hers for wearing something too revealing. In any case she had to get over that, doing something she was against just reminded her of the evils of that night and she wanted to wash her hands clean of the event. It had taken a lot out of her to just show herself in public once more and for that she was happy with herself. Taking her glass once more and taking a healthy gulp of the water, she placed it back down and sank in her seat a bit. 

"Metal seems like fun, but I've always been a leather type of girl, or latex...I guess that possible. Latex samurai...coming in theaters near you," she joked but dismissed the thought any further by waving a hand in front of her face. She leaned up once more and gathered her thoughts, "Or I can just go all traditional like and wear a really heavy set of armor like back in Feudal Japan. That stuff was pretty crazy and Master Myoga actually had a set crafted for him. Never put it on for me though, so I didn't see what it could actually look like. Egh, not too fond of bulk like I said. I need to be able to move my arms and legs. Light armor and leather it is!" 

Kalesh grinned, alcohol going through his virtual body as he cracks his knuckles and looks around "Any reason we can't make things interesting? The only difference is that we can't kill anybody and there won't be any actual wounds." He smirked mischievously as he eyed up the competition. She may want to rile him down or distract him as long as the alcohol is impairing his judgement. "This place is kinda a sausage fest but the environment is good I suppose. Can't say I dislike the place... I hope the food is good though." He shrugged his shoulders "This place fails as a bar if they don't at least have chicken wings or fries." He says plainly while crossing his arms matter-of-factly.

When Opal was done talking about armors and the like he sighed and said while shrugging his shoulders "I am very unoriginal. I tend to think about games I've played or the like and go "Oh hey, he had some cool stuff, I'll wear that!" He chuckled weakly as he slumped back in his seat "I am not a very inspired man. That's one good reason I didn't become one of the fancy crafting professions... Fishing may as well be item gathering but with a little extra oomph!" He grinned happily before shrugging his shoulders "The system needs some massive bugfixing... No soul alive can convince me the current success rates are not an error..." He groaned in submission to his fate "... At least the new floor sounds pretty sweeeet... Probably tons of fish and stuff up there..."

Humming a bit in thought and going back to the thought of light versus metal he said "Well, strictly speaking you can have some metal on your light armor... you just can't expect full plate armor really... then again I've seen it happen in MMO where the cleric is decked in plate that is 'cloth armor' as far as the game cares..." He chuckled softly and said "I'd probably have some metal on my armor, even if it was just to decorate me a bit..." His alcohol addled mind slowly started to take in her words and think about them deeper so he grinned and asked "Latex, you say?~"

Edited by Kalesh

Opal narrowed her sequin colored eyes at Kalesh's comment about the latex bit of info she had previously said. With a smirk, she shifted her body and looked him dead in the eye, "Yeah...I used to wear some really skin tight stuff back in the day. I was a [censored] when it came to garnering attention of whatever kind. But those days are long since dead, I doubt you'll see me in latex here," the woman said lifting the cold glass of water to her mouth and took a healthy gulp of the contents. None too sooner did the man come by rolling around with a tray of food. 

"Alright, there you go kids. Should you need anything else, let me know." 

There was a plethora of smells aromatizing the air around them. Opal's stomach rumbled from the stimulated sensation and she hugged her belly getting ready to chow down. She looked to Kalesh remembering the breakfast they had, "Itadakimasu~!" she said bowing her head and then lifting a fork to begin rolling her pasta. She looked at the healthy looking meal over by Kalesh, "You have some bottomless pit there, don't you? If I ate that stuff in the real world, I'd be as fat as a cow...But I guess having pasta is no better...all these carbs and junk.." She said rolling the spaghetti with her fork and spoon in place, the proper way to roll spaghetti. Digging in they had started their meal, leave an not so awkward pause as they began to eat their meal and with a new glass of fresh...well, mostly clean and fresh looking water, Opal took another healthy swig of the contents and started to nom on a tasty looking seasoned meatball. 

"Mmm, this is not half bad. It was just as good as the nachos they had here the last time I was around. So the new room, what is that like? I haven't been up there yet. I don't think I have been past Beach floor yet either. I bet the mobs are crazy powerful up there as well. All the more reason to start looking into mitigation, right?" she laughed chomping down on another meatball covered in sauce. Unfortunately the piece was bigger than her fork could handle and a piece had splashed down on her plate and whipping sauce over the edge of the table. She frowned and looked to Kalesh while slowly covering the spot with a makeshift napkin. Clearing her throat, she resumed eating. 

Kalesh sighed dramatically like he was a child having just been told they couldn't go out to play and had to do boring homework instead. "And with that, the world becomes a slightly darker place." He chuckles softly to himself, shaking his head a bit and saying "Well, dress yourself however makes you feel comfy. Not like someone is gonna call the fashionpolice." He grinned as he imagined Opal in a tight spandex suit, humming softly to himself until their food at last arrived! He couldn't help but smile at the pile of chicken, ribs, and fries that was placed before him along with a glass of cider! "Yesss~!... Itadakimasu!" He says as he tears off a bone of ribs and starts eating away.

When questioned on the pit status of his stomach he said emphatically "Yep! I have that special metabolism that means I could eat anything and everything in the real world and it never altered my image... There are downsides though. Drink coffee? Deal with the crash after and fifteen minutes. Drink alcohol? Have fun not actually knowing how it feels to be drunk. Seriously, I've tried. Does not work out at a 'normal' pace. I swear I'd have to chug scotch to get drunk in the real world." He sighed softly, always having processed the stuff as fast as it got drunk. He set his sauced ribs down and grabbed up a chicken leg, biting into his meal with a happy smile from the taste. He was obviously more a finger-food type of guy, when they had breakfast he turned his meal into one big sandwich!

"Mm... This is one of the better meals I've had. I don't think any other places bothered with figuring out how to make sauces since meat is one of the few things that tastes 'normal' and exists in the real world and this one." He shrugged his shoulders, idly licking his fingers clean of the mess on them before he grabbed up his cup, looking into it and swirling before sipping the alcoholic apple drink "Ahh~ Much tastier." He blinked as he watched Opal clean the table up, a grin on his face as he decides to be a smartass "You know, I'm not entirely sure germs exist in this world. As long as it doesn't shatter on contact with the floor you could probably eat anything without issue." He grinned as he picked up a fry and wiped some of the sauce from his ribs onto it before nibbling it up.