[PP:F2 Urbus] Mi Casa es su Casa (Life)

Mayuri had brought Life back with her to Urbus. It wasn’t terribly late, there were many people still milling about town, and the torches lining the road were lit and illuminating their path back to Mai’s shop. She brought him up through the alleyway and to the back door because it’s where her workshop was. “Sooo… “ Mai started as she reached for the door handle and selected the unlock option. “ This is my workshop.” She said as she opened the door for him and lit the lamps and led him inside. Her workshop thankfully was rather tidy. There were two long wooden tables, one with herbs laid out upon it for drying, and the other housing her filtration system and work supplies. Beside it was a bookshelf housing other tools and implements for her trade and another shelf for excess stock, which was rather empty.

“As you can see… I haven’t had very much luck making things. I’m still only a level one. And I’m not very good at making anything yet… I’ve almost burnt down my shop… twice.” At this Mai blushed deeply feeling rather stupid on the matter.

“OH! But I didn’t make this!” She said and opened her inventory. She searched through her HUD and pulled a potion from her items and handed it to Life. “Ummm... it was the first thing I made and it came out perfectly. I wanted to give it to you as a thank you for all your help.” She said shyly realizing it sounded rather stupid. “And I know crystals are better and all…” She trailed off “I hope to make them soon.  I just need to get more materials. I can show you more if you like… I have a great many plans for this place and in general if you’d like to hear them…” she added.

Edited by Mayuri

As Life walking through town with Mai he absorbed the atmosphere. It was a little cold and it was dark, the only light and warmth emanating from the torches along the street. They headed down an alleyway which gave him a slight tingle of nostalgia, he wasn't sure how to describe the feeling other than.. excitement. This was almost like starting a new chapter in his life. She opened the door and let him in and his first reaction was how cosy everything felt. "It's lovely" He said and followed her along. She commented on almost burning the whole thing down twice and he couldn't help but smile. 

Suddenly, she handed him a small potion, she explained it was something she had made, the first that turned out 'Perfect'. He looked at it wondering what it was "Thank you.. Shay" He thought for a moment and realised he finally could put his materials to use. "That reminds me.. I have a whole bunch of materials I don't need. Eighteen of them to be precise, I never got around to doing <<Earning a living>> so I don't have a use for them. I also don't see myself doing a profession anytime soon. So I'd prefer if you had them. That way you can get good faster. And don't worry about paying me for them. For now it's a gift, you can owe me" He smiled and winked at her before setting up a trade offer to give her 18 materials and receive her gift. 

+1 15hp potion

Edited by Life

“Oh…” Mai squeaked when Life said he’d materials for her to use, eighteen of them to be exact. She threw herself at him and hugged the boy around the middle and squeezed.  “Thank you,” She was so terribly thrilled that she would have opportunities to craft without having to gather, at least for the time being. Gathering materials was difficult for the girl as she was rather unskilled and it took her forever to kill mobs off. Since Life shredded through everything she was rather sure it didn’t ever take him long to amass a large quantity of materials. He told her that she would owe him and she just nodded eagerly. “But of course!” she said without hesitation not even realizing he was teasing her. A trade was set and she accepted her materials and then hugged the boy again.

“Come on… there’s more to see…” She grabbed his hand and pulled him along with her

Pushing open the swinging wooden doors to the main shop she lead him into the shop. The room was dark except for the light that shown through from the torches outside and Mai set to work lighting the room so he could see. The stone walls were lined with climbing vines and there were hanging baskets around full of blooming flowers, most of which mai used for her potions. Lining the walls were shelves and shelves, all intended for Mai’s potions, but were barren. There was also a display case and a table in the center of the room meant to be as display.In the corner of the room was a small nook with a small wooden table and two wooden chairs, where Mai would take her meals. In the opposite corner there was small staircases which lead up to a landing that housed a large bookshelf that contained a few books.

Tugging Life’s hand once more she lead him up the steps and then to another door. “This was the office, but this is where I live…” she said as she opened the door for him. Inside the small room, was a small desk and a chair with several books and scrolls strewn across it. Then there was her bed. It was covered in a white sheets and pillows and had a thin blue blanket upon it. It was smaller than a full size bed in the real world but larger than a twin. “And this is where we sleep…” she said blushing realizing that when she had invited him to stay with her, that they were going to be sharing her sleeping space. This was not something she had considered when she had invited him home with her.

+18 Material to Mayuri from Life

Edited by Mayuri

Life could feel butterflies messing about in his stomach as Mai hugged his middle. "You're very much welcome Mai" Seeing her so happy made his heart smile, if it was possible, that's what it would be doing. She took his hand and tugged him along, eager to show him the rest of the store. He followed beside her happily and observed his surroundings in awe. "This place is very well done. Did you design all this?" He went over to one of the vines and stroke the length of it, the natural elements sold it for him. He then moved onto the book shelf, inspecting the names of them and what they were about, intrigued greatly by what would interest her. She tugged him along further towards her 'office' bedroom. 

It was nice and roomy This is where we sleep those words struck him harder then he expected and went completely red. He coughed and tried to keep his composure. "We 're sleeping together?" He wasn't sure if she planned that "If you're not comfortable with it i can sleep somewhere else It's fine" The thought of sleeping next to her made him completely flustered. 

Edited by Life

It seemed that the prospect of sharing her bed also made Eric rather hesitant and he told her that he could sleep somewhere else. “I… ummm. There really isn’t another spot you could and I don’t mind.” Shay blushed a deep crimson the moment the words left her lips. The girl quickly closed the door to the little room and grabbed his hand leading him away from the space. Sleep was still hours away and they really didn’t have to worry about that for the moment.

“Tea…” Mai said she she marched back down the flight of steps. “We should have tea…”

The girl led Life back to the little table in the corner of the room and pulled a chair for him before rushing off to the back and putting on a pot of water to boil. “Keep it together…” Mai said as she smacked her cheeks with the palms of her hands and took a deep breath. Her heart began to pound again. She had asked Life to move in with her! She wondered what the hell would possess her to do something so incredibly bold, when she was so incredibly not. “It’ll be fine…” she told herself and then gathered up everything she needed for tea.

Mai returned to life carrying a small tray. She set the tray down and placed down two mugs onto the table and began to fill them up. She slid one over to her companion and placed one down on her side and then sat and made herself busy by adding sugar and milk into her tea. The girl stayed quiet all the while, her cheeks glowing a bright red, and she fidgeted in her seat trying her best to not look directly at Life. Mai sat there silently for several moments and figured it was best to lay everything out for him now that he was to be living with her.

“Umm…” she began shyly finally raising her eyes to meet his. “I… have a great many plans. I probably should have shared them with you before I asked you to stay with me. If they displease you, you are free to go of course. I hope you won’t though.” She said smiling as she said the last sentence. She really did not want Eric to leave her. 

Life felt at ease seeing that Mayuri was just as flustered as he was. She assured him it was ok for them to sleep in the same bed and he just nodded, not wanting to really fight it. Shay tugged him along again suggested they should have tea "I'd love some thank you" he tried to keep up with her quick scurrying down the steps, taking long strides as she marched along. She sat him down at the table and went to boil the water, he could see her trying to keep herself together and he couldn't help but smile. She came back around with the tray and placed his tea down in front of him and sat down herself. He took his tea and sipped it, however she just sat there silently and fidgeted. He could tell there was something on her mind that was bothering her. A few moments later she spoke. Plans that would displease him? He didn't like the sound of that at all. He had a sinking feeling in his stomach and rested the cup of tea in front of him. "What are these plans?" He said in a gentle but eager tone. 

Edited by Life

“Well… I know I told you that I wouldn’t rush off into danger anymore on my own. And I won’t…” she added in. “But… then that means you would have to come with me and I’m not sure how you’d feel about that.”

The girl took a deep breath and began to explain. “Ummm… I want to go to the front. As far as I’ve heard, medics are far and few between, and I’ve been working on leveling a skill I recently found… first aid. I’ve already leveled it to second rank. Anyway, I want to help. I want to go and keep everyone alive.”

She sipped her tea taking a breath.

“I couldn’t live my life back out there knowing others died to get me home and I didn’t help do something about it. My parents always taught me to be one of the helpers. My mom used to tell me that whenever something bad happened I needed to look for the helpers. She there were always those willing to put themselves after everyone and help and I want to live like that.” She smiled softly remembering how kind her own mother was.

“This shop… isn’t a shop either. It’s going to house my inventory. I plan on taking everything I make of use to the front so I can make sure that those I can’t heal can heal themselves. I can’t fight… I’m not strong like you are, but I can do this. I’ve already worked out how to do it too. I’ve already started building my skills and stats so I could be more useful on the front, and I’ve already worked out how to keep myself from being a target. I got the idea after watching how quick you are. The mobs always have such a hard time hitting you.” She blushed. Mai loved watching Life fight. He was so graceful and powerful, she often felt like she was watching a butterfly in the wind as he moved about during battles. 

Life took in a deep breathe when she told him what she wanted to do. Going to the front lines was extremely dangerous and he didn't want her to be placed in any sort of danger. Granted he was going to end up re-joining the front liners but he was strong, much stronger than Mayuri was. She was to precious for him to lose and he certainly didn't trust anyone but himself with her protection. He exhaled softly and closed his eyes, taking a sip of his tea. He looked back over at Shay with his blue eyes "I understand. I have also been planning on re-joining the front lines.." He took a pause not sure how to continue with what he wanted to say.

"...You're very special to me. I don't want to lose you" He placed his cup down and rubbed his jaw with his hand trying to think of a way to make this work for both of them. "I don't want to tell you what you can and what you can't do.. but supplying the front lines with your alchemy is a great help on it's own. But if you're set on going, then I'm going with you, and we'll stay together. I don't trust anyone with the responsibility of your protection than myself" He tried not to sound to emotional when he spoke. Though the thought of losing her in the front lines was to much for him to handle.

Somewhere deep inside Shay had known that Life had wanted to go back to the front. It was part of the reason why she had been working as hard as she had; she wanted to go with him. Ever since they’d met, Life had helped her along, and Shay had desperately wanted to find a way to help him as well. With her healing abilities she could. Life listened to her and he spoke thoughtfully to her request. He thought that her helping with her potions was help enough on its own, but if she really felt the need to go to the front, he would indeed go with her and protect her from harm. She blushed deeply when he said he didn’t trust her safety to anyone else. Shay knew Eric would keep them both safe and alive, and she would do everything she could to do the same for him.

“REALLY?” The girl said with a great sigh of relief. Mai rose from her seat and launched herself at Life, landing in his lap and sprawling onto him. She wrapped her arms around him and pressed her lips as a thank you of sorts. Shay was so terribly glad that he would do this for her and even happier that they wouldn’t have to break their party or be apart any longer. She smothered his lips and cheeks in gentle pecks far too pleased with the situation at hand. “Thank you… thank you,” she said to him softly in between her kisses.

Life smiled and went completely red as she threw herself around him, once again completely flustered. She was so keen on throwing herself around him she had knocked over the cup of tea, causing it to fall to the floor and explode into a mass of particles. He was smothered with kisses and he couldn't help but return one of them, kissing her deeply and passionately as if he didn't want her to go. He drew away slowly and replied "I think i love you Shay. I don't ever want to lose you" telling her he loved her was a rather difficult thing to do, he didn't like leaving himself vulnerable to being hurt and he definitely didn't want to scare her away. Living with her would be difficult without telling her this however, and so he had to come clean with how he felt, right now he was sure of it. He loved her, and he wouldn't let her go. "Ever since I met you, I knew there was something about you. I could feel something. But now I'm sure of it. I love you."

Edited by Life

Shay was surprised when her eager kisses were met and accepted, and Eric pulled her in to really kiss her. He held her close as she kissed her more deeply than he had in Delilah. She was overwhelmed by him, but instead of fighting, she simply surrendered to him and kissed him back in the same deeply affectionate fashion. Life broke from her lips and withdrew so that his eyes met hers. Mai was ready to lose herself in his lovely eyes when his charming words snapped her back to reality. He told her that he thought he was in love with her and that he didn’t want to lose her. Her little jaw dropped as she just stared at him surprised by his confession. He told her that he had known there was something about her since the moment they met and that he knew that he loved her.  Shay could feel her heart fluttering in her chest and her cheeks were feverishly hot. “I LOVE YOU TOO!” She blurted out as she threw herself at him again hugging him tightly. “I felt it the first time we met. I knew. I don’t want to lose you either, so stay with me till the very end, okay?” She said. Shay meant it. She didn’t want him to go away from her again. With him beside her, she knew she would get safely home again.

Life felt things begin to slow down as his heart pounded heavily, waiting for her response. Nearly instantly she blurted out 'I LOVE YOU TO' and he felt such joy and relief that she returned his feelings. It was all or nothing, Life couldn't be just friends with her, he loved her. "Im so happy.." he said softly, he felt like so much tension had been lifted from him. He nodded in response "Of course, until the end." And he would fight for her until the end, until they were both safe. He hugged her tightly and held her in his arms for a good moment, his whole body wanting every second of touch "You wont ever lose me. I promise..." He smiled brightly for the first time since joining sword art online, and Mayuri was the cause. He was so terribly lucky to have a woman like her by his side. He kissed her once more firmly before adding her to his friends list, ironically they had only been partied, not friended. "This was overdue wasn't it." He smirked and sent the request.

Edited by Life

Mai didn’t want to let Life go. She stayed curled up in his arms, her head on his shoulder, just squeezing him with everything that she could. The girl felt so entirely lucky. Eric would be her first love. Shay had never had a boyfriend before, up until a few hours ago she’d never even been properly kissed. There was that one time in seventh grade when she kissed a boy she liked on the cheek, but that completely was overshadowed by what had transpired over the course of her evening.  Life told her she wouldn’t be alone and she wouldn’t lose him. She found she could only hug him more tightly as he spoke. He kissed her once more and then opened his HUD. Mai cocked her head to the side wondering what it was he’d done, and only laughed when a friend request from him popped up. She found it sill that they’d not become friends before they decided to be a party. Clicking yes, Mai giggled and nodded in agreement; it was indeed long overdue. 

Life checked the time to see that there was still some time left before it was lights out. Thinking about sleeping next to her made him really nervous, he wasn't sure if this was planned at all. He would have to strip down to his usual boxers and she would get dressed into what ever she wore... He began to heat up thinking about it and looked away completely embarrassed. 

He tried to regain a hold of himself and looked back at Mayuri with a smile bumping his nose gently against hers before standing, taking her hands in his at the same time to ensure that she didn't fall off of him. He went back into the main room and looked at all the books she had, he really was curious. "What are all these books?" His fingers brushed over the back of them and he pulled one out, it contained a glossary of different alchemy materials that she could use to make potions with, he assumed that she had other books like it. He smiled as he thought of a perfect idea to surprise her with later. "Do you mind if i take this with me? It fascinates me" Of course what he really wanted was to gather a bunch of materials for her.

Putting it in his inventory he walked back over to the table and sat back down. He also thought to himself that he probably needed to get her a gift. Something that would be special for her and only her. He might contact his crimson jeweller friend about that later. "I'd like to take you out on another quest soon, we shouldn't delay. If we want to be front line material we need to be stronger."

Shay smiled as Life touched her nose to his and then slid her off his lap gently before rising up. She stayed where she was as she watched him go over to her bookshelf and began to scan through her volumes. Picking one up he began to thumb through it and asked if he could borrow it. “Thinking of taking up alchemy?” she said and giggled. Even though the idea was terribly silly, she did think that if he took up the trade he could work beside her in her workshop and they could keep the entire front well stocked and alive. Before she could answer Life and tell him it was fine, the young man had already tucked the book away safely in his inventory and then came back to the table to rejoin her.

She was about to sit as he did, but then realized that he’d no longer had a cup. She had completely missed that she’d broken it when she jumped on him. Quickly she scurried to get him another and returned just as fast. Once more she poured him tea and sat. Eric spoke and told her he wished to take her out again on another quest and she nodded with a smile. “I’d like that very much. What are we to do next then?” Mai knew there was an order to the quests but was unfamiliar as to what came next. 

Edited by Mayuri

Life hadn't done most of the quests, only the ones with strong boss fights which he liked to pummel. He considered her question and thought on it before answering "Hmm well we could do <<Let there be light>> I heard the boss is a giant bat. Though it shouldn't be to much trouble at all." He smiled and happily took his tea, sipping it slowly "Thank you" He couldn't keep his mind off how lovely she was, everything about her was just so perfect. "In fact it's on this very floor. We could do it, first thing in the morning" Life liked the idea of keeping busy and pushing forward. Every day they gained experience was a day closer to when they could finally be together in person. That reminded him.. he didn't know much about her in real... or he should say her real life. "What is like for you.. back home?" 

Mai smiled and nodded. “I think I have seen this one… the woman in the woods right? I’ve passed the NPC and she asked me for help, but I wasn’t sure I could do what she asked so I always left it alone.” He told her that they could do it first thing in the morning and Mai blushed. “I’d love that!” She said blushing even more deeply remembering that they would somehow have to manage to make it till morning. Now that he was to live with her, he’d have to sleep with her in her bed. That very idea made the young woman terribly nervous. She wouldn’t be able to sleep with him lying beside her. Her heart pounded in her chest rather loudly and Shay took a sip of her tea to try and settle herself down.

Life regained her attention by asking her about her home life and she smiled widely. It was the first time he asked about this and she was pleased that he wished to know about her. “Well…” She said not knowing where to begin. “I’m seventeen… and a junior in high school. I’m Mexican-American and Japanese. I’m a fairly decent student… my grades are good. I live in Southern California. We…my family and I were visiting relatives for the summer. That’s how I got here.” She paused as she tapped her cheek with her index finger as she tried to think of what else to say.

“Ummm… let’s see. My parents are both professors so they’re not home much. Ummm.. I’ve got brothers. I take care of them… Javier is fifteen and Marcus is six. My life is nice… most people think it’s boring, but I’m okay with that.” Mai liked that her world wasn’t too much one way or the other. It made for a very steady, dependable way to live.

“Tell me about you…. Anything,” she said with a smile. Mai wanted to know everything there was to know about him. 

Life was fascinated with what she told him, he never would have guessed she was mexican american; it was nice that she was a good student and a caring sister, it made him love her even more, beautiful, loving, caring, and smart. Life then thought about what he would tell her, and was quite nervous with telling her the answer. "Well..." He paused trying to find the words to put it right. "Im also half and half. My father is from Portuguese decent and mother Japanese. He moved here to escape the economic failures and riots that was occurring. He just wanted a peaceful life. He met my mother in Japan and had me.. and well... she died shortly after giving birth... so i never really knew her. Dad says she was the best though..." He never really knew how to feel about it. He sometimes wondered what it would be like to have the love of a mother embrace.

He swallowed and sipped some more tea 
"I guess it doesn't really make sense to miss someone you didn't know. I just sometimes wish i knew what it was like to have a mother" He paused again before trying to tell her the rest. "My father couldn't afford to put me through schooling so instead he moved to the country and became a farmer, raising me as best he could. Im home schooled and once I turned 18 I was supposed to take the test to see if i could get into a college but, here I am. Sao was the first game I've ever played, my friend brought it over after loosing a bet and let me have the first go, i guess he's glad i did" 

She listened to his story and smiled as he talked so terribly happy that he was sharing his life with her. It surprised her to learn of his mixed heritage and about his mother. She felt awful that he never knew his mother as she loved her own so very much. Mai couldn’t imagine what it would be like to be without her mom. Reaching for his hand she stroked the back of it gently. “I’m sure she was a very lovely woman…” Mai said and smiled. She was sure of that.

Life told her he lived in the country and was home schooled and she nodded wondering what that must’ve been like for him. She imagined his life must have been hard, but nice because he was such a warm individual underneath the façade he wore. When he explained that SAO was the first game that he played, Mai began to laugh.

“Really?” She said rather shocked. “ But you’re so good at this! You have to be kidding!” She giggled more. “This is the first game I ever played too. I only got stuck here because my cousins asked if I wanted to see the opening ceremony. I thought it’d be neat so I took my first dive and just as soon as I got in game… I got stuck in here with everyone else. I mean crazy right? If I hadn’t been so quick as to finish making my character before it started… I might have been locked out of the game and I’d still be out there.”

She glanced away and smiled softly as she spoke, “ I’m glad this happened though. Otherwise… I’d not have met you…”

Shay blushed.

Life flustered as she told him she was glad they were both trapped in a way, so that they could meet. He nodded and thought on it "You're right, I guess it's not so bad after all" He pulled her to him and hugged her tightly, before letting her go and checking the time. "It's really late now.." It was already late when they left the tavern and spent time in the fields together, and now it was reaching close to midnight. "Thank you for sharing with me.. uhm I suppose I should get ready for bed now. Should I meet you in the bedroom when you're ready?" He asked her softly, not sure how she wanted to do this. 

Edited by Life