[PP-F2] <<Let there be light>> (Jomei)--Complete--

It seemed Jomei herd Zandras cougth before he started to drink and because of that changed his mind. But he seemed to be amazed of her potions thou. He gave her back the potion.''Well, it was one of the failures when Ive tried to make potions that increase your defence. I got a tatto with a fishing-net pattern all over my body.'' she putted back the potion she recieved from Jomei back into the inventory.

Zandra had actually thougth this was gonna be like a walk in the park, but it seemed they was gonna engage monsters as well. Well, it wouldnt be a real quest without any mobs wouldnt it. With her free hand she touched her dagger to make sure it was still there. The dragon-claw was stil there, ready to dance with her again.''Well actually, I think this is gonna be my last adventure with my dagger. Thou I will never sell it.'' She pulled it up to look at it. She needed to hold it very close to her face to see it.''Im thinking about using the new whips instead. Only waiting for one from a blacksmith.'' she placed her dagger back at its place at her waist.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jomei could not help but let out a snort when he tried not to laugh at the idea of the potion giving Sandra a diamond shaped pattern all over her body. "Heh, too bad we are in the dark.. That'd be interesting to see." he smiled, but the girl most likely would not be able to see it in their current situation. "As long as thats all it did and that you're safe. Did it taste like strawberries at least?" Jomei remembered the girl telling him about some of her failed attempts merely turning into strawberry flavored juice, "I have to admit, I do miss the taste of that juice you made." 

Jomei listened to the sound of Zandra's voice as she spoke about how she would no longer be relying on using a dagger, but instead would be switching over to the use of whips. "Oh I've heard about those. They are fairly new right? Haven't seen anyone using one yet." Jomei thought about the idea of using a whip in combat. He could imagine it may be useful for Zandra, being her current build makes use of a dagger and heavy armor. At least now she could keep a little bit of distance when attacking. "Me on the other hand, I don't think I'll ever give up the rapier. Hell, I may stick with my Summerthorn here until the end. "  He pat his hand on the handle of the rapier on his waist. 

Zandra got surprised when Jomei mentioned he liked her potions, or more specificaly her juice with strawberry taste.''Well, that is kind of good, but I got tired of it. So I decided to try to get some new tastes. So now I have esperienced.'' she started to count on her fingers when she counted up the different flavours she found out.''Ehm.. Apple, pear and orange, thou orange to quite some tries before finding the perfect mix.'' she let out a small giggle.''Hehe, maybe its weird for an alchemist to try to find out some different tastes on the potions, isnt that more of a cook-work.''

She listened while he said he wouldnt, opposit to her, abandon the rapier, especially the one he was using at the moment it seemed.''Well, I wouldnt change from dagger.'' she sounded a little sad, like saying goodbye to a sentimental toy you have to sell.''If it didnt fit with my build so to say. Even when I like dagger, I rather prefer to be a support, and since I need to be alive to keep you alive, I should stay as far away from the enemy as possible right? And for that whip is the best choice at the moment.'' When she had finished her sentence she herd a clicking sound, like bones hitting bones. In the almost complete darkness the two travelers saw four skeletons infornt of them.''Well, I guess its time for one last dance for me and my claw of the northern ice-dragon.'' she said and in the next moment she charged up her most powerful sword art to take down one of their enemies as fast as possible. Her dagger glowed as she released her skill, the dagger art fad edge. Thou, because of the darkness in the cave, her attack missed her targets. Instead, two of the skeletons attacked her with raised swords. Their eyes glowed green. Seemed they are used to darkness and this wont be any penalty for them. Both of them landed one hit each on her. Her heavy metal armor took almost all her damage. She saw her health bar dropping like five percent.''Haha, is that the best you can do? Maybe I should sit down and take a coffe break to give you a chance at all on winning.'' she liked to tease the mobs, even if they was unaffected.''Jomei! I will take care of these mosquitos, could you take the other two?''

ID: 37197

BD: 1 Miss

MD(Skeleton x2): 6 Hit 10-14=1x2=2 Damage

Zandra: 66/68 (15/17)

Jomei: ??/?? (??/??)

Skeleton 1: 35/35

Skeleton 2: 35/35

Skeleton 3: 50/50

Skeleton 4: 50/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei smiled when Zandra counted off the different flavors she managed to perfect for her potions. He chuckled, "Looks like I'll have to try them as well then." Zandra found it funny that she was trying to get taste out of her potions, since her main focus was what the potions could do.. and taste was more of a thing for cooks. "No problem with being different, thats what gets peoples attention. I'm sure if all of your potions tasted like gross cough syrup, you might not get as many people buying them." He gave the girl a wink, but then realized she most likely could not even see it from the darkness. 

Jomei slowly nodded in agreement as Zandra explained more in detail why she would be making the switch over to whip focused that dagger. She felt as though with a whip, she would be able to keep her distance from the enemy and stay alive to help keep him alive. "Keep me alive huh." he smiled at her choice of words. A subtle sound of rattling bones echoed off of the cavern walls in front of him, causing him to come to a sharp stop. For a moment, he gripped Zandra's hand slightly tighter before he began to see the silhouettes of four skeleton warriors in front of them. Letting go of Zandra's hand, he grabbed his Summerthorn from its sheath and held it in front of him. Zandra charged forward to attack two of the skeletons, but the light of her sword skill revealed her attack missed, and it was followed by the sound of metal meeting metal.. more specifically, her armor. Her voice reassured him though that she was okay, telling him to take care of the two other skeletons in front of him. 

Jomei brought his rapier back to his side and focused on one of the silhouettes in front of him. Then, with a lunge forward, he thrusted his gold glowing rapier forward. The tip of the blade connected with the bony ribcage of the skeleton, and four other lights seemed to come from aside of Jomei, piercing through the bony body as well. The first skeleton that Jomei had attacked was sent flying backwards, its health quickly dropping into the deep yellow. The other skeleton warrior took the opportunity to bring its sword down on Jomei's shoulder from behind, striking at the thick leather shoulder armor hidden under his cloak. 

((OOC: Just a reminder, because of the darkness, all of our rolls receive a -1 penalty.))

ID: 37249
BD 6(+2)(-1) = 7 Neutron: 5 x 7 = 35 dmg (-5 ep)
MD: 3 (Miss)
ID: 37250
MD: 8 (-1) = 7
DMG: 10 (-18) = 1 

Zandra: 66/68 (15/17)

Jomei: 96/97 (22/23) (-1) 

Skeleton 1: 35/35

Skeleton 3: 15/50 (-35)

(OOC: Yeah, but since I rolled a critical fail, I didnt cared about adding it :) )

Zandra got so irritated on herself, she couldnt even hit a freaking skeleton? Yes they fight in darkness, but still she should at least be able to hit it. But, probably it was better to try another sword art, maybe that would work. Instead she charged up her tri pierce. To make sure that she realy was gonna make a succesful hit, she activated her consentration skill as well. When she had calmed down and focused her mind on the opponent in front of her, she released the sword art. This time her attack hitted the target.''HA! what you say about that skele...''she havent finsihed her sentence before both of them striked her. But, once again the heavy armour negated almost all damage.''Auch! another mosquito bite.''

BD: 3+3+1-1=6 Hit 3x1x5=15 Damage

MD(Selton x 2): 7 Hit 10-14=1x2=2 Damage

Zandra: 64/68 (13/17)

Jomei: 96/97 (18/23)

Skeleton 1: 20/35

Skeleton 3: 50/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei turned around to get a better look at the skeleton that just drove it's sword into his shoulder armor. He knocked the sword to the side using his forearm, and then thrusted his rapier forward. Yet, the sword managed to slip right through the skeleton's rib cage, not dealing any damage in the slightest. He sighed, "Only problem with fighting skeletons..." he mumbled under his breath. He then felt a sword smack into his back causing him to stumble forward into the other skeleton, who attempted to smash its bony elbow into Jomei's head. He quickly dodged to the side to avoid it. "These guys are a real pain in the ass." he said through grit teeth. 

ID:37355
BD:1
MD:10 Dmg: 12(-18) = 1
ID:37356
MD: 6(-1) 

Zandra: 64/68 (13/17)

Jomei: 95/97 (16/23)

Skeleton 3: 15/50

Zandra looked at her two opponents. She smiled, this was a fight she was certain to win. It would take a real long time for them, even when they are two, to reduce her health to zero. Probably their health had turned down to zero before that happened, and after all, Jomei was here with her, she better take these ones down to help him. She hoped she would be able to do that at least. She charged her most powerful sword art to take them down. quickly enough. The fad edge was charging up, she didged both of the skeletons attacks and after that she placed a well aimed hit on the one with still full health. Her dagger striked the target and now both of them would go down with one strike each from her dagger.

BD: 9-1=8 Hit 4x1x5=20 Damage

MD(Skelton x 2): 5 Miss

Zandra: 64/68 (10/17)

Skeleton 2: 15/35

Edited by Zandra Zvift

The irishman bounced slightly on the balls of his feet, listening to the sounds of the boney men bumping into each other. Then the sound of pounding footsteps came forward, as one of the skeletons raised its sword above its head, slicing down in an attempt to cut Jomei in two. Luckily he was able to hear it, for he quickly dodged to the side. There, he was met with the sword of the other skeleton warrior, this one coming at him with a diagonal strike. Not being able to move out of the way quickly enough, he threw his sword up to block the oncoming blade, causing that second skeleton to flinch. Jomei took this as the perfect opportunity to put a dent in that mob's still green health bar. With a quick combo, Jomei slashed the skeleton multiple times, both vertically and horizontally until he created a deep cross shape on its body. Immediately, its health bar dropped deep into the red. 

ID:57523
BD: 5(-1)(+2)
Crucifixion: 6x7 = 42 dmg
MD: 3(-1)
ID: 37524
MD: 3 (-1)

Zandra: 64/68 (10/17)

Jomei: 95/97 (11/23)

Skeleton 2: 15/35

Skeleton 4: 8/50(-42)

Zandra was realy enjoying this. It was her last battle with the dagger, well for a long time at least. She wanted to make every moment rememorble. She knew her armour would deflect the attacks from the skeletons, so she took a short moment, smoothly touching her knife.''Are you ready? Time to take down one of these bony creature?''while she was talking to her weapon it started to glow. She was aiming to take down the enemy she just stroke, reducing their opponents to three.''Take this!'' Zandra shouted and rushed forward. When she was face to face with the bony creature, her dagger reduced its health to zero, it exploded into hundreds of shiny pixels, lighting up the cave for a few moments.''Hehe, thats what Im talking about.'' she placed her hands on her hip in a cocky looking pose. But she totaly forgot that she was engaging two enemies. She felt something striking her in her back and took a few steps forward, her health droping a tiny bit.

BD: 9-1=8 Hit 5x3x1=15 Damage

MD(Skelton x1): 8 Hit 10-14=1 Damage 

Zandra: 63/68 (8/17)

Skeleton 2: --/35 DEAD

Skeleton 4: 8/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei turned to look over his shoulder when he heard the sounds of something turning into data fragments. It brought relief to his mind when he realized it was the skeleton that had been the one to perish and not Zandra. The man never realized just how much light the crystals gave off until just now in the darkness of this cave. Jomei looked on as the light illuminated Zandra's face, the lights reflecting off of her crimson eyes and raven hair.. he honestly felt himself lost for a moment in the scene. That was, until, a skeleton's rusted blade cut into his vision. The man jolted back, and then moved his body so he was standing back to back with Zandra. The three were surrounded by the remaining skeletons, and they were slowly closing in on their position. A smirk etched on the irishman's face as he glanced over at the girl, "Zandra, duck." Hoping the girl did just that, Jomei activated his Sweep skill to deal some damage upon all of the remaining skeletons. With a powerful vertical slash, Jomei's rapier cut into the bodies of the two bony entities in front of them. Spinning on his heels, and using the momentum from just that, he cut the third skeleton behind him clean in half. The first two enemies staggered, but got back up, holding onto their life by a thread. The third, on the other hand, lit up the room like their fallen brother earlier. 

ID:37579
BD: 5(-1)(+2)
Sweep 2x7=14 AoE
MD:4(-1)
ID:37580
MD: 5(-1)

Zandra: 63/68 (8/17)

Jomei: 95/97 (13/23)

Skeleton 1: 6/35

Skeleton 2: --/35 DEAD

Skeleton 3: 1/50

Skeleton 4: --/50 DEAD

Zandra looked as the last pixel faded away into nothingness. It there havent been enemies around, she would have enjoyed this moment. She felt something her back. But this time it wasnt the sharp edge of a sword. She didnt have to look to realise it was her ginger friend. He stood with his back to hers. "Hehe, just like in a movie." she thougth to herself. In front of her the skeleton she wounded earlier was closing in on her. She slightly bent her knees, held her dagger low on her right side, blade pointing backrds. Then she herd Jomei told her to duck. She immediatly squat down. Then she saw his rapier slahing several stripes on the bone humanoids. Another light and only two left. Now it was her turn. Both of them was realy low on health so she would be able to take them out with her AoE skill. She charged up her sword skill round accel, when both skeletons was in place she released the claw of the northern ice-dragon. The dagger twirled, making red stripe after stripe on their ribcages. Another light, this time twice as bright lit up the cave, and no opponents left."Haha, what you say about that bit..." she said with a coocky tone, but before she finished her sentence, she remembered she wasnt alone. She turned around towards Jomei."Ehm... good work there, we are a good team." She said in a much milder voice. She was glad it was dark since she felt her cheeks beeing warm. "Well, shall we continue?"

BD: 6-1+3=8 Hit

Skeletons dead.

OOC: on phone now, gonna write in the rest of the stats when at computer.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei's area attacks were not very strong, being the rapier was the sword of a duelist. One on one attacks were his forte. However, with the low level and health of the skeletons, his Sweep skill was just enough to put a large dent in their defenses. After the light had faded from one of the remaining skeletons perishing, another soft hue brought light to the cavern; the color from Zandra's dagger glowing as she activated a sword art. Her attack seemed to follow in suit to Jomei's, being an area of effect attack that cut into the bony monsters in front of them. With one last slash, the cavern was lit in an array of white data fragments from each skeleton diminishing. Zandra let out laugh at their victory, before turning to Jomei, stating they were a good team. Both of the players still slightly lit as the crystals rained to the ground. The auburn haired player smiled at the girl, "Yeah. I agree." He then lifted up his hand to her, his palm facing upward, and nodded his head. "I'm ready whenever you are." The darkness slowly took back over as all of the crystals dissipated. 

When Jomei agreed that they are a good team and before the last light faded out she could see Jomei holding out his hand. Zandra griped it with her own, gauntlet-clad hand. He said he was ready when she was."Im always ready."she said and wink, thou he couldnt see it through the darkness.

It took some time before Zandra could find out where they come from. It was almost completly dark, and during the fight she have been busy fighting so couldnt focus on where they came from."That way." She said and pointed. He probably didnt saw that either, but he should hear her footsteps. The deeper they got, the more she thougth about their latest cave adventure and the question she was gonna ask today. But she had to find the right moment. But she was scared as well, what if he said no? She didnt knew what to do then.

The girl took Jomei's hand in her own, which was covered in an armored gauntlet. The armor felt slightly cold to the touch, being made out of metal, but he did not mind it too much. It was comforting once he got used to it, in comparison with his currently warm hand. He heard the girl mention which direction they would be walking in, but he could not tell where they were headed until she began to walk, leading him forward. Jomei brought himself next to her as they walked, keeping his  free hand on the handle of his rapier. Despite not being able to see, his eyes slowly scanned left to right. "You know.. When I did this quest on my own.. I don't remember fighting any skeleton warriors, but giant bats.. I wonder if the mobs change depending on who takes the quest or what...." 

Zandra herd the gingers footsteps walking by her side. They had taken down the skeletons without any trouble. Right now, she felt they could succed with any quest. Just walking side by side with Jomei made her feel safe. It seemed he havent fougth any skeletons when he was here, he had engaged giants bats."You think it change for every person? It could also be that they havent respawned yet." She thougth it was strange, they have been walking for quite some time. But no kid. How deep was they gonna go. Just then she herd something. It quickly disapeared."Did you herd that Jomei?" She said to him. Her hand released Jomeis and instead gripped her dagger."Im sure I herd a kid. And it was crying." Zandras movements went slower and quiter."Maybe one of your bats are there."

Jomei nodded his head, "Possibly.. We could have taken on the quest just as someone left the cave.." he shrugged his shoulders. "I would just rather be prepared than caught off guard by them.." He kept his fingers loosely wrapped around the handle of his rapier if or when more enemies showed up. He was planning on keeping Zandra safe at all costs. The two had been walking pretty far into the cave since defeating the skeletons with no sign of anything really. At the moment, this boy was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, he heard a sharp sound coming from deeper within the cave.. but he could not distinguish what it was. He felt Zandra let go of his hand and grab hold of her weapon, "Yeah, I heard it too. Come on, lets go find out what it was." Jomei continued to walk forward, a little more quickly than they were walking before.

It seemed Jomei wanted to reach the child faster then Zandra. She first wanted to sneak to see how the situation was. So they could find out a plan. But Jomei quickly walked pass her and kept up his speed faster then before. Actually, they was at the second floor, the mobs should be pretty easy. And this quest would be possible fro low leveled players to do if you read the guide book. So the black haired girl abandoned her sneaky plan. She started to run towards where she herd the voice, or cry. Hope Im not to late. She said to herself. It took her less then a minute to reach the place where the kid was. When she turned left after a rock she could see an open space. About twenty meters from wall to wall. At the furthest point from where Zandra was standing sat a little boy. On each side of the boy was a huge bat. They hovered in the air, slowly going closer and closer towards the kid.''HEY! LEAVE HIM ALONE!'' Zandra shouted and rushed forth, charging up the most powerful attack she had learned so far. Her dagger glowed as she got closer to the winged creatures. Zandra aimed at the one to the right. When she was only two meters from the bat she threw herself the last way, her dagger slashing the bat, stripe after stripe appeared on the giant bat. When it had a total of four stripes she threw herself back, hoped that Jomei had cathced up to her.''Jomei, your turn!'' she shouted to the man she hoped, and thougth was right behind her.

ID: 37998

BD: 9-1=8 Hit 5x4x1=20 Damage

MD(Giant bat 1): 4 Miss

ID: 37999

MD(Giant bat 2): 4 Miss

Zandra: 68/68 (4/17)

Jomei: 97/97 (16/23)

Giant bat 1: 30/50

Giant bat 2: 50/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei heard Zandra shout at something in front of them, before he felt the girl charge past him. But what was it? The darkness had completely cut off Jomei's vision, and he could hardly see anything in front of him. "Zandra! What is it?! I can't see anything!" He called out to her, his voice echoing through the caves. He grabbed his rapier from across his body and drew it, the tip of the blade smacking into the cave wall right next to him. "Should have told Adere to come with us... she helped me see last time." he mumbled to himself, closing his eyes trying to concentrate on the sound of what was ahead of him. 
ID: 38002
BD: 1

Zandra: 68/68 (12/17) ((Energy goes back up to max after 3 Out of battle posts))

Jomei: 105/105 (23/25)

Giant bat 1: 30/50

Zandra couldnt stop a small sigh of relief when she herd Jomeis voice close to her. He asked her what she was doing, and added he couldnt see anything.''Well, I can barely see anything either, but it goes better if you think what you would see and imagine that.'' she changed her attention from Jomei to the bat in front of her, she was gonna reduce its health more, the sword, or dagger art charged up, her strongest but still pretty weak Fad Edge. She rushed towards the red stripes that was giving a faint light in the dark and aimed at them. Her dagger slashed it repidly again and again until the stripes now was at four, another big part of its health dropped, but it was still alive thou barely.''If you consentrate you should spot a faint red shine from where I hitted one the two giant bats we are fighting.'' 

ID: 38004

BD: 5-1+3=7 Hit 5x4x1=20 Damage

MD(Giant bat 1): 4 Miss

ID: 38005

MD(Giant bat 2): 3 Miss

Zandra: 68/68 (1/17) (I only had 2 OoC posts :) )

Jomei: 97/97 (21/23)

Giant bat 1: 10/50

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei took a deep breath before opening up his eyes and looking towards where Zandra's voice came from. He saw a white light of where Zandra's blade had cut through the large bat. Concentrating on that, he was able to see the subtle outlines of Zandra and the two bats, one in front of her and one behind. Was it trying to flank her and land a sneak attack on her? Jomei could not tell, but he was not going to take any chances. He decided to use one of his new sword arts, one had yet to try out. He lowered his body and brought his sword arm back, and the blade began to charge up its gold aura. The attack seemed similar to the basic Linear skill, but much more powerful. Jomei launched through the air like a bullet, thrusting his sword forward and connecting with the bat who was still at full health. Jomei's body, led by his sword, seemed to pass clear through the bat, who immediately was demolished and rained down the white data fragments. The man smirked and let out a light chuckle, "Found ya." 
ID: 38007
BD: 9
Shooting Star: 1x(7x8) = 56

Zandra: 68/68 (1/17) 

Jomei: 105/105 (17/25) ((Forgot that I had leveled up before this battle))

Giant bat 1: 10/50

Giant bat 2: -6/50 DEAD