[PP-F2] <<Let there be light>> (Jomei)--Complete--

Zandra had just woke up and say in her armchair infont of her fireplace and enjoyed comfortable heat coming from an open fire thars not to hot. When she sat there and enjoyed a moment of piece, she fell asleep. She woke up a few hours later. She threw a glance at her single window and saw, even while it was snowing, the morningsun had come. She pushed herself out of the chair. Time for her weekly material hunt. Today on floor two. She changed her red town clothing to the beginners set, which was much warmer. A few minutes later she was at the warp plaza, she walked to the teleportation gate and warped down two floors. When she was only twenty meters from the gate an NPC blocked her way. She wanted Zandra find her lost child. Zandra looked around to see if someone was there, just a couple sotting on a bench on the other side of the gate. Also, she also saw a man coming out netween some houses that had blocked her sight. Oh, it was Jomei. She couldnt decide what to do next.

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nngh.." 
A groan escaped the ginger haired man's parted lips as his eyes slowly opened. He was laying on his stomach on a couch that may have been slightly too small for him, for his  legs clearly stuck out over the far arm chair. He turned his body around and swung his legs to his front so he could sit properly. He brought his hand, which was balled into a loose fist up to his face and he wiped his eyes with a yawn, realizing he had a trail of drool on the side of his mouth. After wiping that off, he stood up and stretched, his shop illuminated from the orange light of the rising sun. Going into his inventory, Jomei equipped his casual green clothes to replace his pajamas, which consisted merely of brown pants. As the green cloak on his back settled into place, he left his shop locking the door behind him.

He walked through the town or Urbus with his hands in his pockets, eyes towards the clouds above him. Now that Floor Eleven had been cleared, and Floor Twelve opened, there was a bit of a break time for Jomei to not think about the next upcoming boss fight.. which he would force Lowenthal to let him go with him if he pulled another stunt like last time. He let out a sigh as he took a shortcut towards the warp pad through the alleyway between two stores. Upon stepping back onto the street, Jomei noticed an NPC speaking to a familiar girl. Jomei recognized the dark haired girl as Zandra, whom he had not seen since before the boss fight. Their last encounter had been an.. interesting one.. which ended with the girl deciding they should not see each other until things calmed down after clearing Floor Twelve. During that meeting, she had revealed to Jomei how she truly felt, with Jomei not sure how to answer her. However, he had not forgotten that day and had done a lot of thinking during their time apart. 

Jomei decided to wait until the girl finished speaking to the NPC before approaching her with a warm smile on his face, "Hey Zandra." 

The ginger man appeared around the corner, it seemed he didnt noticed her. Well, with beginner clothes its hard to see any difference on players. She decided to accept the quest, wasnt prepared to talk with him right now, just wanted to get away as quick as possible. But to slow, when she have ended the conversation Jomei greeted her. She turned around to face him."Oh, hi Jomei, didnt saw it was you."she putted on a smile."Have been some time havent it?" Oh my god, couldnt you come up with something better then that? She thougth to herself. She scratched her neck."Ive thougth about contacting you, but have been busy with my alchemy. Was just on my  way to get some ingredients, my baskets seems to be empty all the time. Then I ran into this NPC that want me to find her child."she took a pause, looking at the sky."So, what have you been doing since last time?"

"Yeah it has been awhile." he said, placing his hands into his pockets. "Luckily not as long as last time" he gave her a playful wink, not planning on letting her live down her absence so easily. The noirette mentioned how she wanted to contact him, but was busy with her work. He nodded, "I understand.. I was busy with.. prepping for the boss fight as well." he rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm.. sure you saw, being part of Velvet Room now and all.. that Lowenthal would not let any of us go with him." he felt embarrassed that he originally told her he was going to be part of the raid team and fight the boss for their freedom. He hoped that the rect he could not go would not disappoint her and make her think differently of him. "But, I will make sure he lets me go with him next time."

"Oh you mentioned finding a lost child? I think I've done that quest before on my own. Should not be too hard for the two of us." Jomei smiled, but then threw his hands up in front of him apologetically, "I-I mean, if you want me to come with you. I didn't mean to invite myself like that. I'm sorry!" He had a light blush on his cheeks as he apologized for the slip up. He honestly did want to go with her, not to make sure she was safe, but just to spend time with her again. 

Zandra herd Jomei saying that Lowenthal didnt let him participate.''Well, I hoped I would be able to join you guys, wanna show I realy want to be a part of your gang.''she smiled. Then he said he was gonna make sure he would be allowed this time.''Ehm... I would like that as well, Im not that strong as a damage dealer, nor very tanky, but Ive trained up my first aid, so maybe Im gonna be able to keep you guys alive longer, if he accept me of course.''

Zandra got taken by total surprise from Jomeis next action. It seemed he thougth it was obvious they was gonna do it now when they met, of course it was, that wasnt the strange thing. He apologised for inviting himself. First she stood there just looking at him, looking confused. Then she remembered their last adventure and their talk, everything came back to her at the same time, every little detail. Jomei even blushed. She looked slightly upwards wihle scratching her chin, looking like she was thinking, preparing a little joke.''Well, I actually would do this alon...'' No, she was not gonna joke about this, not right time to be funny. She moved her down from her chin and looked at her friend with a warm smile.''Of course you can tag along. I would actually beeing a little sad if you not even wanted to follow, now that we have met and all.''

Part of Jomei considered asking Zandra not to join them in the next fight in fear of her getting killed. Then again, he remembered Persephone had tagged along to be a healer, and the raid time came back with no casualties. Maybe it would be good for Lowenthal and Jomei to have their own healer during the fight. He smiled at her, "I'll bring it up to Lowe. I'd love to have you tag along" The idea of her coming with them put his mind at ease a bit. Knowing there was someone with them who would heal him gave him confidence in the future boss fight. "We could really use you, and I promise I'll keep you safe too" 

Jomei frowned slightly when Zandra began to tell him she wanted to do this quest alone. He understood as much, being rude enough to accidentally invite himself along with Zandra. "R-Righ-" However, the girl must have only been pulling Jomei's leg, for she stopped and corrected herself, saying she would be happy if he came with her. With a sigh of relief, Jomei smiled. "Good." Jomei lifted up his hand to bring up his inventory. After scrolling through a couple of screens, he tapped on a small gray box. The his clothes shone a bright white light for a moment before dulling again, his armor materializing onto his body. He then followed, equipping his rapier at his side. "Alright, lead the way."

It seemed he would actually like to have her tag along, their own healer, that would make her very proud.''You better do, my damage is like a mosquito bite and armour okay, but not that good, well well enough of that for now.'' He seemed Jomei didnt liked Zandra joke that she was starting, she was glad she decided to not go for it. Something felt different with him. When Zandra saw Jomei change she remebered she had been wearing the beginner clothes, her cheeks blushed when she turned aorund to change to her armour as well. The metal-armour that clad the girl was shining with a faint ice-blue, and her blade beeing much shorter then the man in front of her.''I see you still using rapier, I think that fits you realy good as well. Im still this weird combo heavy armour and dagger.''she looked down at her armour, wished she had picked the light one instead.''What? You want me to lead the way? Wasnt it you that had already done the quest? Wouldnt it be better for you to lead since you know where to go?'' she winked at him. This was gonna be fun, away on another adventure with Jomei.''Nah, it was me that accepted the quest so prob I should go first.'' The two travelers started to walk to find the lost child.

Jomei pat his hand on the sheath of his sword, where the handle met the scabbard, "Aye. Its treated me well. Its a fast weapon, not too heavy, and focuses more on the wielder's dexterity rather than their strength." He looked at Zandra as she put herself down for choosing heavy armor and a dagger, "I personally think it fits" he smiled. "I personally think the one with first aid skills should have the heaviest armor on the battle field, because if the medic dies or is wounded, then theres no one else to heal the others. As for the dagger, well.. supports have been known to focus more on their healing abilities than dealing damage anyway. But I guess it could also be good to get up close and personal, with the heavy armor and all." He shrugged his shoulders, "All a matter of personal preference." 

The irishman raised a sharp eyebrow as Zandra stated he should lead, being he took the quest before. He then noticed the playful wink, which caused him to smirk. She was going to take the lead after all, "Good. What would be the fun with me holding your hand and guiding you through the whole thing? You gotta learn what awaits first hand." he chuckled, following next to the girl into the fields where they would eventually find the cave where the child sat waiting. 

Zandra was glad Jomei had understood her irony. Zandra looked up on the sky for a few seconds, then she turned her head towards Jomei."This walk is much more comfortable then our last dont you think?" Zandra was ninety-nine percent sure of it."Oh right, you didnt had same problem as me in that handsome leather armour." She looked in at the sky again."So, where is Adere? Havent seen her today? Isnt she with you everywhere? You know, I was realy jealous on the bond you to had, I wished I had that myself." Even since they was looking for a cave, Zandra havent looked around to try to find it, half side of her actually didnt wanted to find it, since then they would meet the child, and no longer been alone. Even if it was just NPC it wouldnt feel the same as walking without the child.

The irishman grinned when Zandra mentioned this walk being much more comfortable than their last, "Aye. The weather is breezy and cool, and we don't have hot, grainy sand pelting us in the faces." He laughed at the comparison, remembering just how much he hates that floor. He really needed to get that Survival skill he heard about, he would not have to worry about the extreme heat anymore. "Haha, handsome leather armor? Never heard of an article of clothing being called that before. But trust me, where heavy armor like yours probably gets hot and heavy, leather is a terrible thing to wear in the heat. So I had just as hard of a time as you.." 

"Oh, yeah you're right." Jomei said with a chuckle at the mention of Adere's absence. He brought his two fingers up to pinch his lower lip slightly, letting out a sharp whistle. After a moment, the sound of the owl approaching could be faintly heard, closing on their position quickly. Soon, the owl was upon them, perching on the shoulder of Zandra's heavy armor. Jomei laughed when the bird landed on her shoulder rather that his. Knowing the owl, it was not a mistake, more of a greeting or letting the person know she was comfortable with them. "Guess she likes you." he smiled. "Well if you want that bond so badly, you should take the quest to tame a familiar. It really is not too hard.. just could be.. time consuming." Jomei looked around where they walked in search of the cave where they needed to go, "Hah, here we are looking for a cave again." 

Suddenly Zandra felt a weight on her shoulder, she looked what it was and there sat an owl, she remembered it beeing Adere.''Oh high there, nice to see you again as well.'' she patted the owl on the head while once again looking at the sky.''Owls are realy amazing creature, Jve herd you almost cant hear their wings when they fly. I was at a zoo when I was about fifteen, there was a bird show, not small pets you have in a birdcage at home, these was big birds.'' she thougth back when she was on the zoo with her dad.''After they showed something with a falcon, we saw, not herd, only saw a huge owl coming flying towards us. It was almost magical.''she gently took Adere and placed her on Jomeis shoulder.''Ive been thinking about doing that quest many times, but as you said, it is a time consuming quest.''a smile slowly started to grow on Zandras lips. She threw a glimpse at the sky far away and the smile grew bigger. She looked at Adere.''Sorry Adere, but that spot have been taken by someone else.'' the second after that, they herd a cry, it was a cry far in the distance, and it came from an eagle. At the same time they saw something coming closer and closer, it was gliding on its huge wings. Zandra had stopped and when the shape got closer, they saw it was a golden eagle. The bird came in for a landing, a few moments later it sat on Zandras shoulder, where Adere had sat a minute earlier.''Heres my new friend. Her name is Zita'' She looked at the bird.''Hi Zita, this is Jomei and Adere, are you not gonna greet them?''The bird looked at Zandra, then at the pair in front of them and let out another cry, like saying hi, nice to meet you.

Zita_zpsvmg8payn.jpg

Jomei nodded, "Thats one thing thats really helpful about her. In battle, she can help me to point out where an enemy has a break in their defenses.. but almost completely without being seen or heard." Jomei smiled warmly as Zandra gently pet the owl on the head, who had quite the look of satisfaction on her face, "That, and she's a great friend of course." The girl then took Adere in her hands and moved her over to Jomei's shoulder with a smile on her face, claiming the spot on her shoulder was for someone else. Jomei assumed she meant for her future familiar, not wanting to get too attached to the owl on her shoulder. Just then, Zandra seemed to look up towards the sky, causing Jomei to do the same. In the air was another bird, much larger than Adere. This one was brightly colored, almost shining in the sunlight. It swooped down to their position, landing on Zandra's shoulders. It was an eagle with gold colored feathers, and it turned out to be Zandra's familiar. Jomei's jaw dropped at the sight, and then laughed when he realized Zandra had been joking with him again. "Zita.. wow. Thats amazing Zandra!" 

Zandra patted Zita on her back across  the feathers.''I realy understand your bond now. I hope you didnt got offended by just moving Adere away from me like that. And also, you didnt realised I had tamed her? I never told I was planning to do or didnt have done it yet, I choosed my words so I didnt lied to you, just didnt told the whole thruth.'' She noded at the eagle and she lifted, flew a away to a tall tree, her eyes scout the area ahead of them, ready to warn Zandra for any sign of danger.''Thou Zita isnt trained for combat, except beeing a friend, her sharp sight is hard to compete to and that comes to great use when Im searching for stuff.'' Then she remebered that they wasnt here on vacation, they had a quest to find a lost child. She putted her hands beside her mouth and shouted.''Zita! Can you see any cave somewhere?'' The eagle looked at Zandra for a second to show she had herd. The was moving first here, then there and back here, when she looked for something looking like a cave. After half a minute she looked at Zandra again. She let out another cry before lifting and headed ahead slightly to the right. Zandra looked at Jomei.''Hehe, maybe a little cheating to make it easier.'' She gave Jomei and Adere a smile before starting to walk in the diretion Zita had flew.

Jomei watched as the eagle took off from Zandra's position and took up higher ground in a tree. The girl shouted up to the bird to give them some assistance in finding the cave, which it did. With another piercing cry, it called back down to the group to let them know the location they were looking for had been found. Jomei chuckled and looked to Zandra, "No problem with that. You went through the trouble of taming Rita, why not make use of her abilities." he smiled back at her before walking off in the direction the eagle had pointed in for them. Jomei placed his hands into his pockets as the two continued their walk towards the cave. The irishman's mind began to wander as he looked up at the clouds above him, he had many things on his mind.

Zandra was glad when it seemed he agreed about taking help of Zita when adventurin.''By the way, its Zita, not Rita.'' she smiled at the ginger.''Well, its not easy to remember the names when only herd them once, to be honest, I sometimes forgot Adar.. Ehm... Adere's name.'' she blushed a little whe she just when she mentioned spelling a name wrong she did that herself. The two adventurers walked for awhile, Zandra glanced at Jomei a few times. When they reached the cave she turned to Zita.''You dont need to follow us down, have some fun.'' The eagle let out a cry and lifted, the gust of her wings making Zandras hair flutter. She looked at the bird for a few seconds when it streatched out its wings in the air. Then she turned to Jomei.''It looks like something troubling you Jomei. Is there something you wanna talk about?'' Her face not smiling, but giving a caring look, like someone you can trust on.''If you trust me of course.''

((OOC: Sorry, that was auto correct >.<))
Jomei's cheeks flushed pink when Zandra corrected Jomei when he called her eagle Rita rather than Zita, "O-Oh I'm sorry. My mistake." he chuckled and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. It had not been the first time he mispronounced someone's name upon meeting them, something he would need to work on. Jomei smiled when Zandra reassured him that it was sometimes hard to remember the names of those we only just met, admitting she sometimes forgets Adere's name. He could not help but laugh at her slip up, "You know, originally I was going to name her Adare. It means 'oak tree grove' in Irish.. found it fitting. But I thought the name Adere was a much softer name, easier to pronounce." The two continued to walk, their winged companions following them. Zandra then dismissed Zita, letting her go about her way. Jomei scratched Adere on the chin, "Why don't you go with Zita, go make a new friend." The smaller bird cocked its head before spreading its wings and following after the eagle. "Hm? Oh nothings bothering me." Jomei said to Zandra with a smile, "Just thinking about some things." Jomei took a few steps forward towards their destination, "Well, you are a pretty shady person. Why would I trust you?" Jomei smirked and winked at Zandra playfully. Of course he actually did trust her, probably more than most people.

(OOC. I thougth so :))

I seemed Jomei wasnt toubled by something, he just was thinking about some things. Zandra could understand that so she didnt wanted to push him, for now. Then h ie asked why he would trust her. For a few moments she felt sad, wasnt he trusting her? Then she saw he was just joking with her.''Hehe, well thats true, who know what can happen if you tell me secret information?'' she griped her black cloak so the side of it was hanging on her left arm and she held it covering her face from the nose and downwards, putted on a very thief-ish look. Then she made a wink back at Jomei before dropping the cloak and let it hang on her back.''Time to enter the cave now then, a kid is waitiong for us.'' she glanced at tthe wo flying creatures that was barly visible in the sky anymore. Then she turned around and started to walk down, into the darkness of the cave, where they hopefully was gonna find the missing child.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei placed his hand on his stomach and laughed at the girl as she glared at him from behind her cape, "Haha now you look like a vampire!" His green eyes looked straight into her crimson ones peeking over the cloak and he smiled. "Honestly though, I feel like I can trust you more than most people here.. So you don't have to worry about me hiding anything from you." he rubbed the back of his neck as his eyes drifted towards the ground in front of him. Zandra's tone became a bit more serious when the two began to approach the cave, reminding the irishman that they had a mission to accomplish. Jomei looked forward into the cave as the two approached, remembering just how much of a hassle it was to find the lost one. The cave contained little to no light, making it almost impossible to maneuver through the tunnels. However, he managed to do it on his own last time, so it should not be too hard with the two of them. As darkness began to consume them, Jomei looked over at the fading image of Zandra , "We should stay close.. so we don't lose each other." Jomei moved his body so he was standing much closer to the girl. 

The two adventurers went into the darkness of the cave. It realy was dark in here. Well, she was an alchemist, time to shine."Well, Im try to be ready for this kinds of stuffs. I have a potion that is giving you night vision." She opened her inventory, took out two identical bottles and gave one to Jomei. Then she oponed her own an drank it all."There we go. Much bet..." she started to cougth. Then she felt a smooth feeling over her whole body. But her sight wasnt any better. She looked at her hand. A faint tatto appeared all over the hand, in a fishing net looking pattern. Barely visible due to the few sunbeams that reached this far "Oh maan. I took the wrong one. Well it should dosapear in an hour or two." She was glad it was another one at least, like skin colou changer.She looked up ay the ginger."You shouldnt drink. Maybe not to good to trust me after all." She he would understand this was an honest mistake, nothing she did on purpose.

Then, without night vision they walked deeper into the cave. Zandra got a little surprised when she felt Jomei coming closer to her."Yeah that is a good idea." She hesitated for about half a minute before she placed her hand in his. Now she was glad it was dark in here, so he couldnt see her tomato-colored cheeks. She felt like it was a good thing to do, hopefully he didnt thougth she was childish.

"So, when you dod this, did you encountet any monsters? How deep down was the child?" She looked at Jomei, or where she thougth he was, it was hard to see in the darkness.

Jomei smirked wheb his friend said she had crafred some potions that would help them to see in the dark by giving them night vision, "Heh, you never cease to amaze me with those potions." He took the bottle and opened the top. Just before raising the bottle to his lips, Zandra began to cough and seemed to experience some other forms of side effects. Apparently she had grabbed the wrong potion from her shop. Jomei chuckled and put the top back on, handing it to Zandra. "T-Then what potion did you just drink?" She seemed alright, but he wondered just what the drink did to her body. "Hey, everyone makes mistakes. We will be fine." 

The two continued to walk deeper abd deeper into the cave, to where they could barely see the outline of te silhouettes of eachother. As Jomei moved bis body closer to Zandra, he soon felt her hand slip into his. His cheeks flushed red as she took hold of his hand, and he gently closed his hand around hers to hold it.

He had been focusing ao much on her hand in his, he almost did not hear her questions. "O-oh yeah. Uhm.. yeah I had to fight a couple of monsters.. Couldnt really see them too well though. I had to depend on sound. One of the monsters was pestering the kid, so his screaming for help lead me to them."