[PP-F2] A Long Time Coming

(This is for those interested in "Low Levels Unite", provided you have shown OC interest on the Player request board, you are free to RP here)

A serene wind blew through the splotches of color, each petal waywardly rustling, yet, still attached to it’s proper flower. Even with a majority of the players visiting F2 doing so to stroll through the High Fields of Crossing, their numbers were the furthest thing from high, and thus, a majority of the sounds carried by the wind consisted of those birthed by the Mother herself. As to be expected, civilization left it’s own traces among the flowers, a few huts belonging to NPC’s along with the occasional bench spread about in what seemed to be an unnaturally, when taking into account Kayaba’s world design style, incremental order. Toothpick lay on one of said benches, snoring away without a care in the world, insect life rife and the sounds of a busy beehive not too far away. The bench was situated in a clearing surrounded by flowers of a blue and yellow shade. The dim sounds of a piano hummed from beyond the path, which could hardly be seen, concealed underneath the flowers, and into a dip into the very earth itself. A musician had set up shop below and out of sight, and while they didn’t get much in regards to foot traffic, they certainly were inspired, and among certain connoisseurs, revered as a Sao great.

Toothpick had messaged all those he deemed interested ahead of time, the message containing the following text, along with a map marked with a path which weaved through monster agro and other unseemly events. He had contemplated adding a small section dedicated to the sight's he'd come across while en route to High Cross, but decided it was best to leave things unspoiled for those who would dare to explore. He always felt a sense of joy when coming across a discovery on his own, and would rather not spoil it for others; if only he could've recalled the dreams entrenched in pollen, and all those like it.

Hey! To whoever reads this, I guess you’re interested in my “preposition”, why else would you be reading this? Whatever your motive is, I welcome you none-the-less, your company will certainly be a pleasure. Enclosed you’ll find everything you need to find the meeting spot without trouble, something I’ve distanced from the main towns as to give you all a pleasant stroll through Floor two. I hope we enjoy one another, and in advance, heres to at least a few good quests.

Sincerely,
Toothpick

Edited by Toothpick

Kaluluwa was wandering around when he got a message from a player known as Toothpick. He wondered when he had heard that name before, until he remembered the poster that he'd seen around the towns. To think it wasn't a scam... Or it could be a trap... Well, might as well check it out. Kaluluwa was a bit skeptical, seeing as though it was just a random poster that he signed from a while back. Nevertheless, he followed the directions until he found a player with the same username as the person who sent him the message. "I'm guessing you're Toothpick?"

((Sorry for not adding too much detail, the place that you're in right now and the map is open to interpretation so I thought it would just be better to meet you. Plus I'm running out of time.))

((OOC:No prob, just wanted to set some form of a scene)) 

The sound of flowers being crushed underfoot preceded Kaluluwa, breaking through a pause in the wind's bellows and drawing out a sleepy groan on Toothpick's part; the dream intruded. Fortunately, Toothpick was a light sleeper, and was already coming to by the time he heard the inquiry. Using the arm which was once a pillow, he propped himself up to squint at Kaluluwa, other hand moving up to blot out what portion of the sun's light snaked past the player and into sleepy eyes. "Yes, I'm Toothpick, sorry you had to catch me like this, I didn't get much sleep yesterday, the Sleeping Grounds was pretty rowdy the other day." Pinching the sand out of his eyes, he pushed off his torso from the bench, leaning his back into the rest once he was properly sat. "And you must be.......'Sleuth426'?"

Sleeping grounds? Sleuth426? Is he joking? "Uh, no. Sorry. I'm not sure which of my names I signed up on your poster actually... And none of my names are Sleuth426", Kaluluwa spoke and struggled a little bit with the username. Toothpick was sitting there nonchalantly while Kaluluwa was standing there, a bit confused. Just exactly how many people signed up? When I did, there was barely anyone. "I'm pretty sure though I'd put Paglikha", Kaluluwa explained himself. "I know it's a mouthful, but so is my real name which I prefer for you to call me by." He put out his hand to invite a handshake before finishing, "So whether it's Kaluluwa or Paglikha, I don't mind."

"Oh, you're not Sleuth? We talked abit through messages, he appeared interested in the group. You seem like him." The first thing Toothpick noticed about Kaluluwa was how stiffly he carried himself, a trait shared with many of the player base. Such an awkward firmness was alien in a home where the people and walked and talked with either poetic fluidity, or idiotic stupor, so alien it remained in the eye of Toothpick. "Pag-likha? I remember that name, it's unique," Toothpick's hand firmly griped Kaluluwa's, shaking, "but if you prefer being called 'Ka-lu-luwa?', that's what I'll remember you by. I used to go by Peter myself, since we're sharing our real names." His hand drew back, "Call me what you will, just don't let it sound stupid.......why are you interested in joining? If you don't mind me asking."

I seem like another player? Nah, probably just on the surface. Toothpick gave Kaluluwa a firm handshake while speaking. Then he gave him his real name. Peter? Toothpick, or rather Peter, asked why Kaluluwa decided to join in on the venture. "Not really sure why", he responded. "I mean getting necessary items for buying equipment is nice, but you provided a safe alternative to grinding mobs." Kaluluwa paused and looked out at the scenery. "You'll help out a lot of people who've changed their minds about staying inside of the safe zones." Kaluluwa looked back, probably sounding sarcastic due to his monotonous voice but he genuinely wanted it to get out there. He genuinely was trying to say thank you in a less direct way.

A butterfly flowed with the wind and bees, Toothpick's eye darting to follow them, if only for a moment. " 'A lot of people' hmm?" He didn't remember clasping his hands into a rest on his belly, calm eyes and raised brow returning to Kaluluwa. "I think that's too general, 'a lot of people'.......there's a reason why I chose this spot for everyone to meet, along with doing things as I did to set this up" he glanced back to the butterfly as it flew out of sight before continuing, "If you don't have the qualities necessary to succeed, courage to trek through a path that will probably kill you if you stray too far, the willingness to trust another, the opportunistic eye to even see the advertisement in the first place, the ability to follow another's instruction to their fullest-reading the map." He paused for a breath, "If you don't have those, you wont make it here, you wont make it at all. The first steps are made entirely on your own, and thus, I can be certain that every person who arrives is someone who has more than just 'potential', yourself included," he chuckled, "Then again, it's all for naught if no-one but you arrives." 

"What a drag!" I muttered in a lightly displeased voice as walked around the second floor with my hands behind his head, casually looking up towards the skies. "You mustn't use such vulgar words, Master!" came a voice that was girlish yet carried a firm tone filled with authority. The origin of that voice was a crimson haired girl that wore a maid-like outfit with black army-like leather shoes that came from under her frilly white and black skirt. Her appearance was that of a 18 or 19 years old girl.

Myself, the man....or boy as I am older than her by only 3 years.... the blonde youth to whom she addressed with the word 'Master' simply made a shrug and continued my idle walk, next asking in a relaxed tone: "Why do I have to meet those guys? Can't we just stay in the lab and continue our research?" I already knew the answer but was asking just to annoy her a little.

The crimson maid shook her head in disapproval saying in a somehow scolding tone: "That won't do! I appreciate my Lord's enthusiasm and perseverance but you need to take a break sometime, meet new people and socialize. Me and my brother aren't sufficient for that." Her words didn't falter as she was scolding me, the one she and her brother thought as their master. I tried correcting them several times by now, telling them that they are my 'assistants' not my 'servants' but the two stubbornly continued to address me in that manner despite my best efforts. NPCs have the tendency to do that.

"Da bine" I said, letting my Romanian accent roam around freely as a translation bubble with the words 'Yeah fine' appeared next to me. Irritated I tried pushing it by my side but found my effort fruitless. The girl simply nodded and continued walking, in the distance there could be seen 2 figures next to a bench. "Looks like we're here!" I said while straightening up my white shirt, that bore a crowned lion logo at the breast pocket. Next came the red tie that had a blue rose logo near the tip. I wasn't all elegantly clothed as my shirt was shamelessly tucked out of my pants but a bit of preparation wouldn't hurt. After all, this was a initial meeting with some new characters so I couldn't afford to be sloppy. The maid adopted a similar attitude as I saw her straightening some lose crimson hair strands and patted her skirt, adjusting the frills at the hem.

OOC: Sorry for being late to the party!

((Absolutely no problem at all, I was actually not posting for a while because I was a bit worried that Toothpick subtly told me to stop posting for a while to let others to join.))

As soon as Toothpick had said how it was all for nothing if no one else joined, another group joined. One man and one girl. All of them probably older than Kaluluwa was himself. "Well, guess I won't be the only one that'll be coming along on this journey", Kaluluwa spoke to Toothpick. He strided over to the side of the bench and then called out to the group asking a simple question. Or rather, he was stating something he thought was true. Why else would a group of people come here, it would be a bit oddly specific. "So you also signed up for this little venture out onto floor 2." He looked back over to Toothpick and nodded his head towards the group. In fact, he'd be smiling right now if he could. He'd have added more flavor to his words, but it just wouldn't come out. His speech was the same, had his accent, had his overbearring monotone. His face was also the same, rigid as if it was carved out of stone.

Edited by Paglikha

Toothpicked instinctively chewed at nothing, cursing himself for not refilling on his namesake as he glanced back to the newcomers. Huh “They stand out,” he commented when only Kaluluwa could hear, unsure of what to think of a person who deemed it ideal to dress as a maid. He rose when they drew near, walking past the bench and over delicate petals, “Welcome you two, I remember reading in one of the messages that there was a duo coming, would that happen to be you two?” He gauged their posture and expression in hopes of gaining insight on the persons within, immediately struck with the impression that the maid’s choice of clothing wasn’t merely a fashion statement, “Either way, please, sit, and if you have any questions, ask away, we will start soon. I am Toothpick, and over friend over there,” he gestured to Paglikha, “prefers to be called by ‘Kaluluwa’, his real name.”   

Edited by Toothpick

As I approached them, the two seemed to have taken initiative and engaged me and my assistant in light conversation starting with a couple of inquires. I was about to spurt out some mild profanities and urge them to mind their own business but a couple of obviously fake coughs coming from my side made me rethink that strategy and I simply went with a formal introduction. My tone was normal, showing a shadow of nobility as I used is to greet people coming to our home/mansion IRL. Despite his offer, I decided to stand and perform a light bow that was barely perceptible, the crimson girl behind him decided to mirror my actions: "Da, I've put my name on the open invitation for a low level meeting. My name is Dracul Vladislav the Third but you can call me either Dracul or Vlad since I care little for formality in a game." Next I took a short step to the side and waved my hand at my companion, motioning her to introduce herself. The maid-like character nodded and took a step forward, then grabbed the hem of her skirt and made another bow in a lady-like fashion while lightly lifting her skirt. "My name is Claudia, I am lord Dracul's faithful servant. Pleased to make your acquaintance." she said in a polite tone. I made an exasperated expression and let out a sigh as only I knew how many times I already corrected her.

From the two's introductions only the names stood out to me, first was Toothpick's... 'Why would anyone chose a name like that?' was the question on my mind but decided to hold back, for the time being. As I heard the second name I found myself aimlessly repeating it...."Kaluluwa...kalulu...kalu...Calu?" that last one was a customary Romanian nickname that we gave to tall people, I myself had been called that, even though I disliked it, since I was 6'1" by American standards or 187 cm, even now I was lightly towering the two...three if I include Claudia. 'Is not like it really matters' I thought and with a shrug I refocus on the two and pose a natural pair question in this circumstance: "May I ask what is the purpose of this meeting...what are we going to do exactly? and are there others coming?" I asked brushing my blonde hair backwards, genuinely curious about their answer.

Edited by Dracul

"Well, Toothpick thanks for introducing me", Kaluluwa attempted to say sarcastically to no avail. Dracul Vladislav? European? Who says the Third or Junior anymore when giving an introduction? Kaluluwa brushed it off, putting his thoughts aside for a while. After all, they were just a few things he was curious about. The one thing that did make Kaluluwa a little bit antsy was the fact that the maid-like girl called herself his servant. Not because that they were bound to each other as he's seen it multiple times before, but the fact that they were so formal. So this guy was rich before the game? Is he still the same now, or is he just pretending about his past? He decided not to delve deeper into it.

Dracul then asked the pair what was the purpose of this meeting and if there would be any others coming. Kaluluwa responded, "I can answer the first one. To travel the second floor in search for materials while not getting mauled by mobs. I have to thank Toothpick for that one. Toothpick will have to answer the second one though, he's the one who organized all of this." Kaluluwa was attempting to joke with the end of the first sentence, obviously his tone was too serious enough to make anything out of it. Materials means able to trade it in for somethings, materials means gear, it means life in the upper floors.

Edited by Paglikha

“Vladislav and Claudia, a pleasure,” she must be tired, hiking up here in a dress of all things he nodded to each as he said their name, pausing at Claudia, “And if you want to sit, please do, I’d find it displeasing if you restrained yourself from resting weary bones on a perfectly fine bench.” Already, plans to weaken what he considered Dracul’s mutually inhibiting dependence on Claudia whirling through Toothpick's head regardless of if they were to be familiar faces, or ones that would be forgotten as quickly as the butterfly. He was worried for their safety. All manipulation begins subtly he gestured to the bench, looking back up to Dracul, “If your master doesn’t mind allowing my hospitality, that is.” Paglikha’s voice, a reminder of his presence, a small conversation popping up between two did I not make myself clear? I’ll have to look the message over he decided not to intervene. ruffling a hand through unevenly matted hair to level it properly. The two three turned to him, “Well, while it is reasonable to say that we’ll get some Mat farming done today not people enough for the lottery the main purpose of this meeting was to separate those who said they were interested from those who would actually participate. Though we wont be a guild, I hope for this little ‘group’ to aid one another in the low-leveled grind so that we can catch up to our peers.” His hand fell to his side, "This meeting is, as our first: an ice breaker, and where we will set the group schedule-how we divvy up the work.” He looked for any more faces, but saw none, “And since it seems like more aren’t coming, how about we get a move on with things, hmm?”  

• 3 weeks later...

Claudia bowed and after taking a glance at me sat down....was that her looking for my approval?.... Don't ask permission for such trivial things woman! These were my thoughts as this time Toothpick translated that gaze in words. Do I look like a vile master that rules with a iron fist? I sight at that thought and contemplate my behavior around my assistants. That is until Toothpick started describing our objective. He talked about a material lottery and how this was not meant to be a guild recruitment but a friendly group gathering in search of mats. He nodded to his words and straighten the collar of his white shirt :" Sounds like a good plan and its good to hear that is not a guild recruitment since I'm already a part of... " I strained my eyes as I looked at the guild logo near my HP bar, to remember the name of my guild since its not been even a day since I entered it. Claudia read me like a open book and finished my sentence with calmly muttering the words: "Velvet Room." in a soft tone.

I thank her internally and showed her a smile as I continued: "I don't have the howl skill yet but if you let me go first I can tank pretty well since this shirt has been given to me by..... a certain patron of mine" I avoided telling her name simply because they had no need to know it nor it will be of any use for their little exploration. "SO, lead the way leader" I say in a mild proud tone while looking at Toothpick.

• 2 weeks later...

"Sounds good to me", Kaluluwa replied back to Toothpick. "If your master doesn't mind allowing my hospitality..." Was that really necessary on Toothpick's part? Kaluluwa was beginning to wonder if Toothpick was also accepting Dracul as a higher power. Or if he was just joking around. Or... Too many possibilities started flowing through Kaluluwa's head, he put that to rest by just trying to convince himself that it was just a little jester.

Kaluluwa turned towards Dracul, and started to speak to blue-eyed boy. "Yeah, it's a good thing we aren't fighting right now... Or for the remainder of this little adventure. Toothpick here claims he found a way to get past every single mob without us getting utterly killed. Apparently the monster algorithms got changed one of these past days, so I'm kind of glad that we're not fighting. I wouldn't want to be going in blind." Kaluluwa was actually worried (although not evident) about fighting against monsters for the meanwhile, he didn't know anything about this new algorithm yet. He sighed a simple, short breath to relieve himself of tension even though it was forced.