PP - F7 Flurry of Strikes (Jomei) (Completed)

"Alright...I think it was around here..."

It had been some time since Calrex was on the secenth floor, the last being when he ran into Opal while she was training. The thoughts of the ghost they had encountered still lingered in the back of his mind as he gave a small sigh, "No time for that. I've gotta focus. The training temple should be around here somewhere."

Activating his <<Reveal>> skill it didn't take long for him to discern its location as he saw the stone Doric-style columns emerge from behind the mountain peaks, giving a sigh of relief, "Alright, I probably won't be here long enough to have to pay for staying the night, so I can just focus on improving my Martial Arts skills. They translate into my control over wielding a sword, so it wouldn't hurt to continue brushing up on it."

Ascending the steps he entered into the temple, which seemed to have an open-air theme. Either that or the game decided to simply not render the roof. There were many braziers that lined the inner perimeter of the columns as Calrex cracked his knuckles, "Alright, let's get to work."

Edited by Calrex

"Dammit Adere! Not again!" 

A mischievous brown owl flew flow to the ground at a high speed, carrying a small burlap sack in its beak. On the ground, trailing behind the bird, was a ginger haired player garbed in green attire. Behind him, was a female player wearing an apron, who looked quite angry.

"I-I'm sorry lass! I can't control her hunger urges!" Jomei called back to the woman chasing him. 

"Yeah?! Apologize after you get me that meat back!"

Adere, the hungry owl, had picked up a sack of various meats off of the female chef's counter as Jomei went to buy the two lunch for the day. It was apparently a special order being prepared for another player, which was why Jomei could not cover the cost of the stolen goods with his own money.

As Jomei continued to chase the bird, who was trying to lose its followers, the group made its way through a number of twists and turns, eventually coming upon some temple like structure. Adere, making a sharp turn, nearly crashed into a pillar. As the bird flinched, it gave Jomei enough time to grab her, taking the bag from its mouth. "Ngh. Finally, I'm sorry for the trouble lass. Please forgive my feathered friend here." Jomei handed the bag over to the woman, using his other hand to palm the bird's face. With a grunt, the woman made her way back to her shop, leaving the duo in the midst of this mysterious place. "Huh.. where the hell did you bring us?" He entered the temple and slowly began to walk around, finding a staircase to move up to the upper floors. After following said stairs, Jomei noticed a familiar man walking just ahead of him. "Calrex?" Jomei called out to him.

"Hm?"

Right as Calrex was about to get started training against a sparring dummy he heard a familiar voice call out his name. Looking over to his right he saw someone he recognized, but had not seen in quite a while. "Jomei? Hey long time no see!"

As he turned away from the sparring dummy the mannequin-like construct deactivated, returning back to its upright standing position as the bluenette walked over, "Geezes it's certainly been a while. How have thing's been?"

As Calrex walked over his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, descended from the sky in a spiraling pattern before closing the rest of the distance at mach speed, landing on the ground beside the Ultramarine Knight. Calrex looked down as he heard the soft noise of the bird's talons touching the ground, "Oh, I don't think you've met yet. This is Roc, my companion in whatever mess I get myself into."

Edited by Calrex

Jomei grinned as the man's reply confirmed his suspicions of it being Calrex. He raised his arm up and gave him a friendly wave as he continued to walk forward and greet the man. "Aye, been quite a long time." As the two closed the distance, he looked past his blue haired friend at a worn training dummy set up where Calrex was facing. Jomei looked back to Calrex, who had now stopped in front of him. "Not much, just been trying to level up my skills and all so I can take part in the next boss fight. What about you? Looks like I may have just interrupted you from doing just that." Jomei pointed past the man's shoulder towards the training dummy he noticed before. Just then, a blue bird landed on the ground next to Calrex. Jomei looked down at the bird, who Calrex introduced as Roc, his companion. "Ah, this is the first time I have seen him. Quite a beautiful bird." Jomei looked up to his shoulder where Adere sat, still with a smug im-not-talking-to-you look. "And this is Adere. Not sure if you've met her yet either"

"Heh, I don't believe I have. It's a pleasure to meet you, although it appears she might not be in much of a talking mood."

Calrex gave a small laugh as he saw Jomei's owl familiar giving him attitude. It was always refreshing to see colorful dynamics between players and their partners, "I guess that's why Teayre was so attached to Beleram. They really are almost realistic. I can't imagine the algorithms that went into putting their personality profiles together."

"Yeah, I'm pretty much doing exactly that. I just recently managed to get my Martial Arts skill up to a suitable rank to unlock the secret Sword Arts that each weapon has, but I want to get even stronger. With the way the 11th floor boss fight went I felt that we might need to be even more prepared for what could come next in the 12th floor battle."

Jomei crossed his arms and nodded in understanding as Calrex said he came here to hone his Martial Arts skill even more. It had been awhile since Jomei himself had relied on that skill, focusing more on his skills with the rapier instead. "Hah, I haven't relied on Martial Arts in a long time.. Probably really rusty." he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. Jomei then realized the two were pretty isolated, being this temple was out of the way, and there were no other players in sight. "So how come you came all the way out here to train? Aren't there places with training dummies closer to Nimbus?" 

"Yeah, well if you get the chance you should look into at least getting to Journeyman rank. Apparently you're capable of unlocking hidden Sword Arts once you get both to a certain level. As for me being all the way out here..."

Calrex looked around. Jomei was right, in that there were many places with training dummies closer to the main settlement, "Well...I guess I just needed to focus, so I came out here to get away from the more populated areas. However.."

Looking over he gave a friendly smirk, "If you'd like maybe we can spar a little bit, see how far both of us have come. Of course we'll avoid using Sword Arts or anything that could put us under threat of danger."

Edited by Calrex

Jomei scratched at the hairs on his chin. Secret Sword Arts? That would make sense, being there have been times he could see throwing a punch in between blows from his sword. Then again, for someone who uses a rapier, he could not see how it could be implemented very often. "Hm.." either way, Jomei considered it.. but he had other skills he needed to work on before putting time into Martial Arts. "Yeah, isolation definitely could help.. No other players to bother you.. or even mobs. " he looked around the area to see that he was right, not only was there a lack of other players, but there were no NPC enemies either. Was this possibly one of those places they programmed into the game, but abandoned ideas for it? Calrex then suggested the two have a friendly spar. Jomei quickly turned to Calrex, he knew this man was much stronger than him.. and could probably take him out in one powerful punch if need be. However, without the use of sword arts, maybe there was a chance. The irishman crossed his arms, "Alright. Why not." he smirked. 

OOC: Using a Rock-Paper-Scissors style of combat. Using the Loot Dice we'll determine who goes first, then from there we'll use the Craft Dice to determine what form of attack we throw.
1-4: Block
5-8: Punch
9-12: Kick
Block > Punch > Kick > Block

We'll only do 1 Damage each for each successful attack XD

IC:

ID: 36666
Loot Dice: 12

Calrex gave a friendly smile and a nod as he stepped back a few paces, turning around to face Jomei as he lowered himself into a <<Martial Arts>> stance, giving a nod, "It's really just a test and practice of knowing how to counter an incoming attack. That way we're a little more familiar with how to react if a monster or opposing player is attacking with a telegraphed movement. Nonetheless, let's do this and best of luck."

Giving a calming breath he focused, keeping his eyes trained on the man in front of him, "Even in the S&Z battles Jomei was a fierce competitor. I'd best give this all I've got. It would only be right."

HP List
Calrex:
 185/185 (Battle HP: 5/5)
Jomei: 89/89 (Battle HP: 5/5

Edited by Calrex

((OOC: 1 Dmg, good. Seems a bit more.. fair than last time xD))

Jomei uncrossed his arms reached his hand up to where his cloak was clipped together. After a moment of fiddling with the buttons that kept it on his shoulders, the long green cloth fell to the ground behind him. Now he merely wore his casual clothes, which was mostly just a sleeveless green shirt. He moved his arms in a circle to stretch out his shoulders, and then cracked his neck. "Its been quite awhile since I've dueled another player, let alone relied on unarmed combat." He rammed his fist into his open palm twice before smirking again at Calrex, "Lets do this." He brought his hands up to the sides of his head in a boxer's stance, hunched over slightly and bouncing on the balls of his feet. At least he remembered that much. Lets see if he could say the same for actual combat. The ginger haired man scoffed, " I have a feeling I'm going to regret saying this.. but after you." he nodded, insinuating Calrex make the first move in their spar. 

ID: 36679
LD: 8

HP List
Calrex:
 185/185 (Battle HP: 5/5)
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 5/5) ((OOC: My sig isn't up to date yet))

Edited by Jomei

OOC: Heh no kidding! XD, sadly that battle has been lost to time...and the depths of the server.

IC: 

ID: 36680
Craft Dice: 6 (Calrex throws Punch)

Calrex gave a calming breath as he watched Jomei settle into his fighting stance. Since he had dabbled in the martial arts in the real world, it didn't take long for him to figure out that the man's style seemed close to that of a boxer or brawler, keeping on his toes in order to maintain his agility.

As if to respond to the ginger's removal of his cloak Calrex did the same. First he swiped on his menu to unequip the Grand Dragoon before sliding his arms out of the sleeves of his light blue fur-lined jacket, leaving only the short-sleeved T-shirt underneath.

The bluenette's own stance was one he had made for himself, designed after the fighting stance of Jeet Kun Do. Rather than keeping his dominant side back, it was placed forward, with his back hand up and close to his face, while the front was down just in front of his hip.

As the duel started he quickly stepped forward, thrusting his fist forward in a quick jab. This was normally used by JKD practitioners as an interrupting strike when an opponent was coming at them, aimed at the face in order to maximize effect.

HP List
Calrex: 185/185 (Battle HP: 5/5)
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 5.5)

Edited by Calrex

Jomei watched as the timer for the duel counted down, waiting for Calrex to make that first move. He was not one to be able to read other's fighting stances, but he could tell from the way Calrex was standing that he depended on some form of karate... so his moves would most likely be based on agility. Jomei clenched his fists, knowing he would need to be quick and block anything the man threw at him. As the timer struck zero, Calrex lunged forward at Jomei with a quick jab. The irishman quickly dropped his body, so Calrex's fist hit Jomei's forearm. 

ID: 36682
CD: 3

HP List
Calrex: 185/185 (Battle HP: 5/5)
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 5/5)

Edited by Jomei

OOC: I think something's up with your sig. Showing a broken rectangle XD

ID: 36695 (Sorry it shows a ghost. I forgot to put my name. The mystery is solved!)
Craft Dice: 10 (Calrex throws Kick)

As Calrex watched Jomei's arms move to meet his fist  he gave a nod. The ginger didn't seem to have real-world knowledge of the martial arts, at least to an extensive level, but his combat instincts seemed to be par with his own. Stepping back he decided on his next move, deciding to throw a kick this time.

Taking a skip step forward he leaned his body to the side, thrusting his front leg forward in a side kick. The momentum of the skip step added to the attack, powering the leg further. This was another checking move the JKD practitioners use, and was actually one of the attack made famous by Bruce Lee, who demonstrated just how much strength could be put behind the kick when he would use it to send stunt fighters flying.

HP List
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 5/5)

Edited by Calrex

Jomei let out a huff of air as Calrex's fist collided with his arm. He quickly picked his body back up to prepare for the next strike, hoping to take on of his own this time. But he needed to be patient, for if he tried to attack without catching an opening, Calrex would easily gain the upper hand on him. For now, Jomei would continue to stay on his guard. His opponent took a step forward, thrusting his leg into the air towards Jomei's chest, completely taking him off guard. He threw his arms in front of him in an X, hoping to block the attack. However, the force of the kick caused his arms to collapse into his chest and sent Jomei stumbling backwards, taking damage from the hit. 

ID: 36737
CD: 3 (Block) 

HP List
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 4/5)

Edited by Jomei

OOC: Oops, forgot that Block also counts as a "hit," so we're equal right now. I think we'll call it Counter so it makes more sense XD

ID: 36744
Craft Dice: 10 (Calrex throws Kick)

Calrex gave a small exhale as he saw his kick successfully connect with Jomei's guard, breaking through as he leapt back. "Alright one strike in, better maintain the momentum."

Stepping forward he followed up his side kick by setting his foot down, using it as a pivoting point as he lifted his body upwards, swinging his arms in a circle pattern before bringing them close to increase his momentum. The windup was all leading towards a tornado kick as he came round, sending out the momentum-powered spinning crescent kick.

HP List
Calrex: 185/185 (Battle HP: 4/5)
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 4/5)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37101
BD: 7 (Jomei throws a punch)

The irishman quickly shook his arms out at his sides to get the feeling back in them and shake off the kick he received from Calrex. His opponent was not finished with his onslaught yet, for as he set down his foot from the one powerful kick, he used it as a pivot point to bring his other leg around for a spinning kick. Jomei quickly threw his arms up to the side of his head and took one large step forward, crouching as low as he could to the ground to weave right under Calrex's kick. As he emerged on the opposite side, he sprung up and used the momentum to propel himself forward, delivering a side hook straight into Calrex's gut. 

HP List
Calrex: 185/185 (Battle HP: 3/5)

Edited by Jomei

ID: 37331
Craft Dice: 6 (Calrex throws Punch)

"Gh!"

Feeling Jomei's punch connect with his stomach Calrex quickly gave a reactive exhale, as if he were trying to keep from getting his lungs from being injured. Of course in SAO, internal damage of anything of the like would quickly be healed, but it was a reflex he had developed from playing around with his hobby of martial arts.

"Heh, nice shot there. I thought I got you for a second."

GIving a calming breath he quickly rushed forward as it he were preparing to use a flying knee, but as he did he quickly snapped the leg back and threw his fist forward in a flying punch.

HP List

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37420
CD: 11 (Jomei throws a kick)

Jomei popped back up from his attack with a smirk on his face, returning his arms as guards to the sides of his head once again. He began to bounce back and forth on the balls of his feet again, preparing for whatever Calrex had to throw at him next. Just bob and weave.. you'll be fine..  Calrex then rushed forward at Jomei, throwing his leg slightly up as if he was going to drive a knee into Jomei's gut. To counter, Jomei decided to throw up his leg of his own with a sideways kick, trying to catch Calrex in the chest. However, the sudden switch up from kick to punch threw Jomei off, and the man's fist collided with him. 

HP List
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 3/5)

ID: 37434
Craft Dice: 5 (Calrex throws Punch)

As Calrex saw his punch connect he gave a calming breath as he quickly planted his stance, his opposite hand shooting forward like a piston to press his advance. Essentially, it was a basic rotating straight punch, one that was usually taught in many martial arts, although one of the notable ones of karate. One would bring their fist up to their hip, fingers facing up. Rotating away from the body, the fist turned 180 degrees to have the knuckles face up while the arm extended forward.

"This is certainly an interesting fight. Maybe I should spar like this with more people. It certainly seems more balanced and fair compared to other types of duel combat."

HP List
Calrex: 185/185 (Battle HP: 3/5)
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 3/5)

Edited by Calrex

"Oof" Jomei let out another huff of air as Calrex's fist connected. The man was quick with his attacks, being he seemed to have more of a background in martial arts than Jomei did. It was gonna be quite tough for him to win this fight against him, especially since in a real duel with their skills and weapons, Calrex would most likely be able to wipe the floor with Jomei in one hit. After his initial punch, the ultramarine knight threw another straight jab towards Jomei, who used his left forearm to knock his fist out of the way, almost like a parry. With his opposite hand, he then thrusted it forward, smacking Calrex in the chest with his open palm.

ID: 37531
CD: 2 (Jomei counters the punch)

HP List
Calrex: 185/185 (Battle HP: 2/5)
Jomei: 97/97 (Battle HP: 3/5)