[PP - F4] Snow Problem <<Avalanche>> COMPLETE

It was finally time to hunt down the notorious field boss of the fourth floor known as Avalanche. If the name wasn't frightening enough it was said that the monster's power was enough to wipe out unprepared parties. The same could've been said for any monster though. Having a plan was one of the things that kept one alive in this game. This fight wouldn't be any different. With his recently acquired shield, Seul was eager to obtain the block skill but in order to do so he would need more experience. A lot more. Being as impatient as he is, he was willing to fight off a field boss for the massive amount of experience he wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise. Stopping in the middle of Snowfrost Town he began to call out for attention. "Attention duelists players! I am requesting help with taking down the field boss, Avalanche, which has been terrorizing this floor. Please don't be shy and join me in this adventure. For the emperor!"

Edited by Seul

Ssendom looked at a player who didn't look particularly powerful, but the man wanted to take on one of two large field bosses on this floor. He pulled up his menu HUD to see how many times he had slew Avalanche, and saw that he had taken the mighty beast down roughly around four times. "I guess I could kill it again." He said quietly to himself. He looked back up and watch as a lot of the people began dispersing away from the area as they really weren't interested. He shrugged and stepped forward, standing in his hulking ebony armor with very unique looking Dragon Head Shaped shoulder pads which were made of stained glass. "If you need some assistance taking down the massive elemental, I'll cut him to size for you." He told the man standing on a small stage of sorts, his face seemed very un-enthused over the ordeal since Avalanche never seemed to really give him any fits.

Well at least he managed to attract one player, and a strong looking one at that. Having someone along who could be durable enough to withstand any attacks the boss had to throw at them was his top priority. With a hearty smile he strolled over to the armored player and extended his hand for a handshake. "Great to have you on board! All of these other lame-os don't know what they're missing." With that he used his free hand to fumble through his menu and into the party formation screen which in turn caused the invitation HUD to appear in the man's field of vision. "I'm Seul by the way; rising hero in Aincrad."

Ssendom accepted the man's hand, "Nice to meet you Seul. I am Ssendom, Commandant of the Azure Brigade and Slayer of the Forsaken Crusader. Floor Boss of the Eleventh Floor." He greeted the man who seemed to have a very intriguing perception of himself, "So you need assistance on Avalanche, I could slay him once more for entertainment value on how much I've grown since I fight fought him." He chuckled, then turned toward the exit that leads in the direction of the respawning giant elemental quest boss. His armored ripped through the snow as if it weren't even hindering his movement at all.

Saying he was impressed would have been an understatement. The boy had a knack for running into strong players, but to have someone from the frontlines helping him was like striking gold. Following after the man was more challenging than he had originally hoped. Despite the heavy armor he dawned, Ssendom was pretty agile as he trekked through the ever growing piles of snow. Seul was having a miserable time himself. It was cold, but his coat kept him warm for the most part, and occasionally one of his legs would become trapped in the densely packed snow. The last time it happened he almost buried himself in a snowy grave as he fell forward and allowed the precipitation to blanket him before regaining his balance. "I don't know how you do it..." He wondered aloud while following behind the armored player.  

Ssendom turned his head to look at the man, "What do you mean, how do I do what?" He asked Seul who was having a seemingly difficult time following him through the dense snow. He was able to still power through the snow as if it weren't even in front of him as he continued to walk forward. Ssendom then thought about how much weaker Avalanche might be due to Sword Arts update, he remembered the days when it beat the massive elemental with Lowenthal, Jomei, and Meokka alike. Then his mind turned sower when he thought about the woman, he gritted his teeth and turned his head forward again following the path he had memorized in the past to reach the soon to be lack luster fight if he recalled.

"How you're so unfazed by all this junk!" He responded while kicking another pile of snow out of the way. It wasn't long before they had arrived at a snow covered clearing where the weather had become particularly harsh. The gentle snow fall had turned to a raging blizzard and in the midst of the storm three lesser elementals made of ice had formed only to charge toward the pair at an alarming pace shortly afterward. Turning his gaze toward Ssendom, Seul raised his hands defensively and motioned for the man to take the lead. "Well, they don't look happy. But I'm sure you can handle them so good luck and all that jazz.~"

|~BATTLE START~|

Turn Sequence: Seul  Ssendom Ice Elementals

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 48/48][Energy: 12/12]
  • Ssendom [HP: ???/???]

Monster Party Status:

• Ice Elemental #1 [HP: 16/16][DMG: 12]
  • Ice Elemental #2 [HP: 16/16][DMG: 12]
  • Ice Elemental #3 [HP: 16/16][DMG: 12]

Ssendom laughed at the man getting outraged by the overbearing snow, he looked forward noticing the change in strength of the wind patterns. He flicked his hand to open up his menu HUD, then switched his helmet visibility setting to visible. Ssendom's entire head became covered by an ebony helmet that matched his entire armor set, his red eyes glowing slightly as his Night Vision skill attempted to accommodate for the dip in the visibility in the world. Shortly there after a few elementals rose from he snow banks itself as the winds picked up during the blizzard, all Ssendom could do was grin looking forward, "How do I handle this snow? Easy, pure raw strength. And you're right, I can handle this myself." He stated as he slowly drew his blade from it's Scabbard, "I'll let them strike me, you go for the kills. Doesn't matter much past that."

He waltzed forward slowly letting his massive greatsword drop onto his shoulder, from the sky descended Amethyst the purple phoenix whelp that landed upon his other shoulder. He grabbed the middle one's attack by the icy tip of it's arm, though the other two got good strikes upon him. But the blades of the other two didn't happen to pierce through the armor of Ssendom, "Alright you're up."

ID: 36810
MD1: 8 = Hit

ID: 36811
MD2: 1 = Miss

ID: 36812
MD3: 10 = Crit 2

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 48/48][Energy: 12/12]
  • Ssendom [HP: 164/166] (-1(12) + -1(14) = 2)

Monster Party Status:

• Ice Elemental #1 [HP: 16/16][DMG: 12]
Edited by Ssendom

Of course the monsters posed no threat to his teammate and with any luck the boy would actually be able to navigate through the storm well enough to slay the elementals. He drew the dagger that had been sheathed at his waist and in the same motion took on the stance that would allow the small blade to adopt a green hue around the steel. His sword art, Fad Edge, sent him hurling toward the first elemental in a quick flurry of stabs with his weapon. The attack proved too much for the creature to handle and just as quickly as it had arrived it had exploded into the pixelated shower as so many monsters before it had. "Well, that's one down." He said while raising his shield arm to try and block the falling snow.

|~BATTLE ENGAGED~|

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 48/48][Energy: 8/12]
  • Ssendom [HP: 164/166]

Monster Party Status:

• Ice Elemental #1 [HP: 0/16][DMG: 12][DEAD]

Battle Commands:

• Seul used Fad Edge on Ice Elemental #1!
  • 4 Base Damage x 4 Fad Edge
  • Ice Elemental #1 suffered 16 damage!
  • Ice Elemental #1 died!

Rolls:

• ID# 37076 | BD: 7 (8 - 1 Due to weather)
Edited by Seul

Ssendom walked up carelessly to the elemental in the middle and used his basic attacks. His sword glowed a basic blue, but due to the dark colored blade it made the glow look almost ominous to look at. "Eruption" He said out loud and in a very bored tone. His blade ripped through the two elementals as if they were made of butter. They immediately exploded on contact, which caused Ssendom to flip his blade and drop his massive sword upon his shoulder with a huge thud. He turned his head and looked at his ally, "Shall we continue?" He asked the man.

ID: 37092
BD: 6 + 3 (Night Vision means no BD Loss) = Hit

Edited by Ssendom

"Well... That was simple." He said while sheathing his dagger. It was a rather easy task for the man to dispatch the last of the creatures. Watching them fall only made the boy cringe as the black-armored knight wasn't someone to be trifled with. Lucky for Seul, they were on the same side and he couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief as the blizzard began to calm around them. "Guess so." His response might have seemed a tad short but he needed to keep his focus for the next fight to come. Unlike the elementals, Avalanche was a field boss. Ssendom would most likely be fine throughout the bout but it never hurt to think about these things ahead of time. "Lead the way, friend!"

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 48/48][Energy: 8/12][Energy Recovery Timer: 1/3]
  • Ssendom [HP: 164/166]

Ssendom did exactly as was instructed he lead the way towards Avalanche himself lazily walking, though the snow still wasn't an issue to him, the winds didn't move him, nor did the mobs stand to be an issue against him. He was just walking forward as if he was just going through the motion, "So what is your goal after defeating Avalanche? What is your goal in this world over all?" He was rather curious as to Seul's intention throughout his trapped time in Aincrad. He was wondering if the man wished to be a devout Front Liner or a Master of a specific skill, what weapon idea's the man had. This was one of the things Ssendom was always interested in when meeting new people, he wanted people to challenge themselves to be greater than they normally were.

The question caught the boy off guard and effectively snapped him out of any daydreams he may have been having. "Er..." What exactly was he trying to do anyway? He spent a few moments pondering every action he had taken up to that point and his plans for the future before replying. "I guess my goal as of now is to become stronger. I want to help clear the game by becoming a frontliner, but as I am now it'll be tough for me to fight on higher floors. I would also like to make a name for myself in the arena as a gladiator of sorts. The experience I obtain from fighting Avalanche will go towards the block skill for my shield." He paused his explanation for a moment to review all the points he made before continuing. "What about you? A guy with your kind of strength must have goals of his own."

Ssendom grinned as the boy asked him what goals he had, "I don't just wish to be on the Front Lines as I once thought many months in the past, I stand as one of the quickest members to make it to the Front Lines from the first fight they ever had. I am became the quickest member to a very high ranking position within the strongest guild in Aincrad, Commandant of the Azure Brigade. I am one of the few players who actually possesses a unique item, I haven't actually had an arena fight thought I feel as if I will be challenged soon." He mentioned to Suel who seemed to be interested in Ssendom's sort of story, he looked off into the distance where a giant valley stood, he pointed to the giant field "Avalanche is there, and what goals I have now? To be the best possible player in all of Aincrad."

"I suppose in a way that makes us rivals." He responded while allowing the man's words to sink in. He obviously had quite a few accomplishments to back him up but that wasn't too discouraging to the boy. In fact it only strengthened his determination to become strong quickly. The final trek through the snow wasn't as difficult as he assumed it would have been. After all this time he assumed he was just adjusting to walking in it. As they descended into the valley he drew his dagger and focused his attention to the back of Ssendom's armor before surveying the surroundings and noticing they had a little time before the boss spawned in. "It'll probably be better if you tank the thing. I'll deal whatever damage I can."

Ssendom laughed as they got closer and closer to Avalanches spawning location, "I don't think you want me as your rival, I am very far out of your league at the moment no offense. I think you'd want to look at someone more around your level to have as your rival, but if you truly wish for me to be your rival and it gives you the determination to try and exceed me. You may very well go ahead and try, I will encourage you to do so." He told Seul, as they reached closer to the giant known as Avalanche he relaxed more and more knowing he could cleave the boss in a single attack and then walk away as if nothing ever happened.

He decided against interjecting as the man had been right for the most part. Still, all players had to start somewhere and Seul was no different. On the path to strength the other players were just hurdles he had to get over. With the thought leaving his mind he decided to focus on the task at hand. Avalanche had spawned in or perhaps it had been there the entire time as the mountain they passed shook to life. It probably would have been more intimidating if he didn't have any aid around thus the male felt no fear as he drew his dagger and charged forward with the weapon raised high. Avalanche was surprisingly agile despite its size and moved as fluidly as the water that composed it. The boss drew back a frosty arm to batter Seul into the ground like a hammer would to a nail, but he managed to avoid the hit rather easily by rolling out of the way. "Well, that didn't work-"

|~BATTLE START~|

Turn Sequence: Seul →  Avalanche Ssendom

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 48/48][Energy: 10/12]
  • Ssendom [HP: 166/166]

Monster Party Status:

• Avalanche [HP: 100/100][DMG: 24]

Battle Commands:

• Seul used a Normal Attack on Avalanche!
  • ↳ Missed! Avalanche suffered 0 damage! Light Momentum Activated: +1 to BD until next hit.
  • Avalanche attacked Seul!
  • ↳ Missed! Seul suffered 0 Damage!

Rolls:

• ID# 37475 | BD: 2 (Miss) | MD: 3 (Miss)
Edited by Seul
  • 2 weeks later...

(OOC: Sorry. Life got hectic)

Ssendom looked at Seul who made a bit of spectacle of himself as he missed the giant standing still enemy, he walked up casually and brought his weapon horizontally in such a perfect way that it made a ninety degree angle to his body. His weapon furiously glowed with his strongest sword art skill Calamitous Tragedy. He swung into the boss instantly destroying the massive giant causing it to burst into thousands and thousands of pieces, all of which with just one simple attack. He dropped his blade on his shoulder and scoffed, "I forgot he poaches no threat anymore. Anything else you needed help with?" He asked Seul as he turned around to head back towards town.

ID: 38741
BD: 6 + 3 = HIT

Party Status:

• Seul [HP: 48/48][Energy: 10/12]
  • Ssendom [HP: 166/166] [Energy 19/31]

Monster Party Status:

• Avalanche [HP: DEAD/100][DMG: 24] -108(108)

(No probs)

"Well that was easy-" He said while returning to his feet. The boss had been killed and there was nothing left to worry about as far as the quest was concerned. Ssendom held some intense power. It would have been a lie to say that Seul wasn't at least a little envious. He figured though that he would grow stronger in his own way and on his own time. "Great job! Couldn't have done it without ya! Like seriously. It would have taken years. Millenniums even. One step closer to the frontline over here. Anyway, there wasn't anything else I needed to do so I'd call this a success." 

Edited by Seul

(Go ahead and close this up after this post.)

Ssendom continued on to the main settlement of the entirety of the fourth floor, "Well if you ever need anything else just call upon me and I'll rip another beasts head in two faster than you can spell hemoglobin." He laughed since it was a reference to blood. He began to walk over the hill waving his hand once with his back turned to Seul, "Until next time. And make it to the Front Lines soon, if you die I'll have to come and kill you dead." He laughed again as he disappeared over the hill, making his way back to the town then teleporting out to a different floor altogether.