(PP-F1) Nothing To See Here (Sousuke)

"I think ill take taekwondo and kendo in my free time, at least, once I recover. I quite like fighting, and looking like a badass." She smiled as he answered her question in a different way than she'd meant. She took a dainty piece of the pumpkin pie on her fork before putting it in her mouth and tasting it. A couple of seconds later her hands blurred as she dug in, eating the entire slice of pie in about 20 seconds. She sighed contentedly and looked over at Sousuke. "I actually meant for a job. Maybe we could be bodyguards or something."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sousuke watched Manta devour her pie in less than a minute impressed at her appetite of course it didn't matter what you are here since it was a virtual world but he was pretty sure she was a little more picky than that in real life. As for the idea of bodyguards he chuckled at the thought. That would be something he really couldn't see happening.

"Oh yea we would be great bodyguards imagine it now headlines all over the world. President shot bodyguards found getting frisky in a closet." He joked of course he wasn't being serious but hey hey really couldn't see them as bodyguards.

"But no seriously I can see you more of a martial arts teacher. I might go into selfdefense training myself or maybe I could be a teacher to younger kids in a school somewhere I like the idea of trying to keep kids on the straight and narrow and I really don't want what happened to me to happen to them." He said in a more serious tone.

Manta smiled and gave a little laugh. "I cant picture myself as a teacher. I can picture myself as a martial arts expert though. Still, that would be a long time after we get out of here. Training in kendo and Taekwondo takes a lot of time im sure." She turned to her stack of pancakes and cut a piece off, placing it in her mouth and chewing thoughtfully. Just the right amount of chocolate chips. "And I don't know about the getting frisky bit, mainly because of the closet part. I think i'd look good in a suit, with sunglasses and an earpiece."

Edited by Manta Gaul

Sousuke laughed to himself he thought about Manta in a suit with glasses and an earpiece while he ate his pancakes. He had to admit the thought of her in a tight business suit was rather fetching and he couldn't help but mention it to her.

"A tight black business suit eh? We should try that out sometime." He said casually as he sat watching her while he nibbled his pancakes.

Now that she thought about it, black wasn't really her style. She relayed the thought to Sousuke. "Black isn't my color actually. What about white, with a blue shirt?" She thought that sounded more like her type of clothing. She almost always wore things in blue and white. She looked good in other colors, but black wasn't one she could picture herself in. She continued to work her way through her pancakes, going much, much slower than she had on the pie. "Maybe you could make some stuff for me and I could model it or something." She suggested.

A white and blue suit? That sounded great in fact when she said she would model something's for him he had a great idea.

"How about when I 're open my shop I make you a suit just like you described and we can see how it would look on you I could even make you some white high heels to go with it?" He suggested as finished off his last pancake.

Heels always made her seem a bit severe, and she was a warm type of person. Maybe she could pull the look off if she tried though. "I'd be up for that. Make sure you send me a message when you reopen by the way." Manta finished off the second of her eight pancakes before looking back up. "It's really nice to see you again Sousuke, I'm glad we bumped into each other again."

Sousuke smiled and looked out of the window for a moment watching the crowds pass by. Why he left her he had no idea after all was this really worth missing out on and risking losing all over trying to find someone? After all if they were alive he was sure they would come back eventually on their own.

"You know I don't know why I bothered to leave in the first place my place is here with you and I don't want to risk losing you again."

He told her as he placed his hand gently on top of hers.

Manta turned her hand around to hold onto his as he set his hand down on hers. "You aren't going to lose me. I trust in myself so I can trust in others. You should trust in me, especially because of our fight. We each got a gauge of each others strength. I know you held back, but I feel like we are around the same strength. You don't need to worry about me. Our fight was all about trust to me." It was a bit of a confusing concept for most people, so she hoped that he understood it. "Sorry if that doesn't make much sense." She gave his hand a squeeze and smiled.

Sousuke understood what she meant by the fight. It was a test of character and chance for them to see each other's abilities. Learning to trust in each other's strength again. 

"I know what you mean don't worry." He said leaning over and kissing her holding the kiss for longer than was needed but it felt right.

Manta pulled away from the kiss slowly, glad that he understood what she meant. It was nice to have someone to rely on. She trusted Sousuke, not just because she thought she could beat him, but because of all the time they'd spent together, and the personal stories they'd shared. It was a trust that had grown from a time together. Even though it had been cracked, it was being repaired much faster than when it had first been built.

Sousuke leant back into his seat smiling. Not one of those grins he usually gave but a real smile one that showed he was truely happy with how everything had turned out.

"Hey how bout we go watch the sunset if your still agile like you once were at least. We could find a nice spot on the roof and just relax what do you think?" He asked her as he looked out of the window.

Manta raised an eyebrow. "What does my being agile have to do with it?" She asked jokingly. To tell the truth she was much stronger, faster, and more confident than before. Whatever he was talking about that required agility was nothing that she would have trouble with, in the physical sense. "Are we going to go running across the rooftops or something?" She asked, joking a little bit, but not putting it past Sousuke. She took another bite of her pancakes, pretty much finished. "Regardless of what we have to do to find this perfect spot, i'd love to."

Sousuke knew of a good place to watch the sunset it was on a rooftop at the edge of town the shape of the roof meant the couldn't slip off either but getting there would be fun and it had a leap of faith to the actual roof top since it was so far away from the other buildings.

"I know a spot but how far can you jump?" He asked with a grin.

"Just as far as you can. We can head wherever your talking about now if youd like." She pushed her plate a little away from her and set her utensils down. From Sousukes question she could guess that he was talking about somewhere high up, possibly outside the safe zone, or on top of one of the higher buildings. She smiled over at Sousuke and waved the waiter over, preparing to pay for the meal.

Sousuke shook his head as she was about to pay for the meal. He quickly accepted the bill request and paid for the meal. "My treat." He said with a wink before standing up and gesturing to the the door with one hand while using the other to hold out so she could link arms with each other. 

"Shall we my lady?" He asked curtly treating her like a member of royalty for her amusement.

"I've had enough of that for a lifetime Sousuke." She said, and grabbed his hand instead of linking arms. She had been treated like that by the staff in the house she had been locked up in, and it got old fast. She looked up at him as they started to walk over to the door, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear at the same time with her free hand. She hoped that she hadn't insulted him somehow.

Sousuke shrugged considering that she probably was sick of that kind of thing he decided to just go with it and let her lead the way out of the cafe and watched as she brushed her hair out of her face. She really was something else he thought to himself. Once they were outside he stopped so she would to and spoke up.

"Did I ever show you my new hood? It's for keeping the wind off my face when on the rooftops." He said pulling the two part hood up over his face as he equipped his coat again.

(Pic for reference)

Elder_Scrolls_Online_52515.jpg

Manta watched as Sousuke equipped a black hood with some faded gold colored designs on it. He looked like some sort of ninja or assassin. Manta kind of wished she could look as cool. She messed around with her inventory and switched her skirt for some skin tight white jeans that matched her shirt in color perfectly. She then pulled out a flowing white scarf and tied it around the bottom half of her face so that the two ends would dramatically trail behind her, alongside her hair, while she was running. Now she looked the part, like some sort of white ninja, completely in contrast with what Sousuke was wearing.

"Thought I should stick with the theme." She said, the part of the scarf around her mouth fluttering as the air from her mouth passed through it. She ran at a nearby building and pulled herself up before waiting for him. She didn't know where they were going after all.

Sousukes passive ability Athletics kicked in as he ran towards the wall of a building and jumped straight towards it. But instead of colliding with it he pushed off with his feet and ran up the side of the building before reaching the top and pulled himself up effortlessly. 

"Think you can keep up then?" He called laughing a little. It had been quite sometime since he had gone running across the rooftops and this time he was with Manta so it was going to be fun.