Just a couple questions

so I am pretty new and have a couple questions.

1. What is portal. I don't really see any point to it and no rules or anything explain it. 

2. When you die can you make a new char.

3. Your char can only have one skill at the start right. Cause the lowest cost is 5 and you start with five.

I may have more but that's all for now.

If it helps you to start rping usually people go with their character only just starting to decide they want to get involved and msg people for PP threads or post OP threads where they are learning the game from the higher players or some have it where as you stated they are licking their wounds and someone cheers them up.

I personally went with a late log in where I made my character be one of the people who owned the game but due his circumstances and real life occupation he heard nothing about the game locking you in so when he finally did log in most people had gotten to the 10th floor.

Hope that gives you a few pointers for when you get started.

You're not allowed to play a character that starts the game late. You'll have to start at the same time as everybody else, but come up with one reason or another for why you haven't been active up until the point where you do become active.

Also, web portals are web pages designed to bring together and organize information.