[PP:F4] Essence of Steel (Zandra)

Teayre had finished her crafts for the day, a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek and onto her workbench. Looking down at the three items in front of her and the three orders she had been given the red head hadn’t managed to succeed on the orders instead she made the items just short of the required standard. “This happened with Kalesh… I wonder if they would be up for doing Essence of Steel to get the item up.” Flicking her finger down Teayre began to write out a message for Zandra. Scooping the Ice-Dragon’s Heart up the red haired girl heads towards the outskirts of town where she waits looking into the distance of the winter wonderland.

Zandra was sitting in one of her armchairs, enjoying some well-earned rest after making potions for a few hours. The flames in the fire place was dancing infront of her, she always liked to look at it, the flames always chaning to different shapes. Thats when she saw she had got a message.''Who can that be from?'' she said to herself when she was opening it, curious to what it could be about. When she opened it she saw it was from Teayre, it seemed that her order was ready. But the item wasnt as high quality as she had ordered, but there was a quest where you get an item that makes it possible to upgrade it to one quality higher then it is. She wasnt that exited to go out on a quest right now, but it was with a new person she havent met before, so maybe it would be fun. She pushed her up from her armchair and streatched her back. She changed into her armour that would be much warmer then any other clothes she could find. Then she exited her shop and walked to the outskirt of the town where the red-head was waiting.''Hey there Teayre!'' she said when she could spot her.

Turning her head Teayre looks at the girl who had come over to her. Nodding slowly the red head gazes back over the snow dunes, at a mountain that towered high although it paled in comparison to the ones on the second floor. “Hey Zandra. I’m sorry I couldn’t get your order done right. There’s this quest we can do that won’t take too long. The hard bit is getting there.” Slowly Teayre started to head down the hill she was stood on and towards the mountain her eyes skirting for anything out of the ordinary or any signs of aggression from the mobs nearby. “It’s a couple of day trek, so I hope you brought warm clothes. “ The girl seemed distant her eyes in a haze as if she wasn't quite there.

The red head apologized for not beeing able to complete her order, but if they was doing this quest, they could upgrade that item to the perfect quaity she wanted. Teayre said it wouldnt take long either.''No problems at all. Me think its always fun to meet new people. Mostly they seems to be friendly as well.''she gave her a quick smile.''And then its only fun to spend time with them.'' Zandra quickly followed Teayre when she headed down the hill. Seemed like she was searching for something. When they was on way down she mentioned that it would be useful with warm clothes.''Well, this armour Im wearing, its forged spcialy for cold environment, it keeps you warm in any temprature.'' she looked far ahead when thinking of all times the special trait of her armour have been of great use.''Well, I have never herd of this quest. What is it we should do?'' 

Giving Zandra a small smile when she mentioned fiends Teayre kept pressing on through the deep snow. A howl sounded around them and the girl took a step back drawing the Oikawa Kanashiki. “Guess we won’t get to the cave that easily.” Spinning Teayre counted three wolves approaching her and Zandra. “Let the fun begin.” Sprinting forwards her charge skill activating the red head’s katana glowed a blood crimson as it sliced through the three mobs. Teayre dodged and ducked around the ice wolves attacks easily avoiding them. Standing on the other side of the mobs she looks back over at Zandra. “They’re all yours.”

Sitting down in the snow with a sigh the girl starts to talk about the quest, as Zandra makes her move. “The quest is called Essence of Steel, inside the cave on the fourth floor with all the lovely high level monsters there lurks a Snow Beast. It can phase through most armours and hurts like hell. However if you kill it, you get an item that allows you to upgrade another item.”

ID: 37696 BD: 11 (8 + 3 ACC) CD: 2 MD: 5 (7 – 2 EVA)

Teayre: 137/137 Energy: 33/33
Zandra: 68/68 Energy: 17/17

Ice Wolf 1: 1/71 70DMG ((9+2)*8) – 18 MIT
Ice Wolf 2: 1/71 70DMG ((9+2)*8) – 18 MIT
Ice Wolf 3: 1/71 70DMG ((9+2)*8) – 18 MIT

Edited by Teayre

When they herd a howl, Zandra saw the red haired woman drawing her sword, or after a second look Zandra saw it wasnt realy a sword, it was a katana. She followed her example and equiped her Holy Riata. When she looked at the same direction that Teayre looked. There she saw three wolfs with snow white fur runing towards them. Teayre charged a sword art with her crimson shining katana, she rushed at an increadible speed towards the wolfes. Her katana salhed down their health to almost zero. She told Zandra to take down the remaining wolfs.''Well, this is the first time Im using my whip, so dont expect to much of me.'' Zandra started to spin the furthest links of her chain-whip with her right hand and held a tight grip in the handle with her left. She continued to spin it around and around, but she didnt realy felt the same energy as when she had used her dagger. Suddenly it stopped shining and she felt the art deactivating.''Oh, I didnt even succeded to activate it.'' Zandras cheeks turned the same colour as her red eyes.''Sorry, I couldnt take them out. Guess you have to do it.''

ID: 38113 BD: 1 Critical fail

Teayre: 137/137 Energy: 33/33
Zandra: 68/68 Energy: 15/17

Ice Wolf 1: 1/71
Ice Wolf 2: 1/71
Ice Wolf 3: 1/71

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • 2 weeks later...

Chuckling Teayre nods at Zandra, “Don’t worry about it, fighting is always tough.” Stepping forwards the red head swings the Oikawa Kanashiki around in one smooth movement decimating the three ice wolves before them. As she straightens up from the attack she looks back at Zandra. “So tell me how do you find using the whip? I’ve always had a soft spot for the katana myself.” Cocking her head slightly the red head turned and began trudging through the snow again at a slightly surprising speed indicating that she has travelled in the snow many times before. Turning back Teayre stops for a moment as she waves her companion on. “The cave shouldn’t be much further ahead. Once we get there we’ll need to be careful as the mobs inside can be a pain.”

D: 39527 BD: 10 (7 + 3 ACC) LD: 1 MD: 6 (8 – 2 EVA)

Teayre: 137/137 Energy: 12/33
Zandra: 68/68 Energy: 15/17

Ice Wolf 1: 0/71
Ice Wolf 2: 0/71
Ice Wolf 3: 0/71

Edited by Teayre
  • 1 month later...

Zandra took a short jog to get to Teayre that was a bit ahead of her. It seemed the redhead have spent time walking in these kinds of environment before. Her speed was quite a bit over avarage. She was glad she had done the same, otherwise she probably had fallen behind and needed to ask Teayre to stop and wait for her.''Well, Ive played tons of MMO's before coming here, then I always have been the rogueish class, so I picked dagger as weapon first. Dont remember why but I took heavy armour as well. Back then I probably thougth it was a good idea. But later I changed my mind more and more. So with the possibility to change weapon skill, I took it. Of the new weapon skills whip is more like a dagger when it comes to damage, low AOE and stun, but when grandmastered it have one of the highest single target attacks. Cant wait  to get there. Why did you pick the katana?'' when she talked she had looked forward to where they was heading, now she turned her face to Teayre and smiled friendly at her.

Teayre said that the mobs inside the cave would be a pain.''Well, since you are here I guess it wont be a problem right?''

Teayre chuckles as they walk along. “I learnt how to use one in the real world. To me they seem like a natural extension of myself. I even slept with a bokken quite a lot…” Turning her head to one side, the red head veers off slightly towards a small ravine. Her hand rested gently on her weapon. “We’re almost here, there are a few mobs for us to fight at the entrance and then after that we should just have to kill our boss and the item’s yours Zandra.” Smiling back at her party member she meets her eye. “You ready?”

Zandra looked at her red haired friend with raised eyebrows.''What? Why did you slept with a broken katana?'' she have herd pople that had a weapon close or even in the bed, to be ready if they would be attacked by a thief or murderer. But why would anyone sleep with a broken weapon? Well, soon she was gonna find out, if she decided to answer.

Now they was almost at the cave. Teayre said that they would have some mobs to kill at the entrance, then just the boss and they would be done.''Awesome. As you saw back there, Im not that experienced with the whip yet, but I will do my best.'' she said. Just a few moments later they spotted the entrance to where their main target was.