SP - F6 Relentless Training (Echos of the Mind Series Part 1) (Completed)

Immediately after departing from Ssendom's shop, Azure Phoenix Grill, Calrex set forth to teleportation plaza, promptly appearing on the sixth floor. He had been here many times, for many reasons. A few helped to shape him into who the person he was today. But that was not what was on his mind. It was a message that had appeared while he was paying a friendly visit to his comrade's shop:

To: Calrex
Subject: Rumours

I got some more information from the broker Cal, I’ve decided to undertake this alone. I’ve got several potions with me, Safeguard, MIT increase, DMG increase, Overhealth and an energy regen item. I’ll let you know how I get on.

He already could gather what was going on. Teayre, one of the best and possibly the only active high level katana user...his fiancee...had decided to investigate the rumor on her own. From what he knew from whispers in the wind, the rumor was for a unique skill, and a powerful one at that. Memories of Zelrius' powerful attack from the floor boss fight flashed through his mind as he gave a small sigh that seemed heavier than intended, "No matter how hard I work at this, it seems like things just have to take a single turn before it seems like I'm going to be left behind again..."

As he got closer to the gates his pace became faster and faster as he exited out of the Amazon settlement. Swiping on his menu he produced the Chocolate Bar he had purchased from Ssendom's shop, promptly chomping it down as his eyebrows furrowed. Pulling the Grand Blade and its sheath from the back of his hip he ripped the blade from the scabbard, tossing the home of the sword aside as it vanished into crystals.

"Looks like the time to rest up is over. I'm not coming back into the settlements until I feel like I've finally gotten strong enough to be counted in, no matter how long it takes me..."

Chocolate Bar Consumed: +2 to LD / Total Buff +5

Edited by Calrex

OOC: Still not completely sure what the minimum requirements are for regular loot, so I'm doing just half health. Please let me know if it also needs the mitigation.

ID: 37080
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +4) = 3
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / Charge Used / (14 Energy Used / 32 Remaining)

Heading into the forest bordering the settlement Calrex decided to forego the Grand Chariot: Legacy and stuck with the Grand Dragoon as he stormed his way through the trees. Immediately activating his <<Reveal>> skill he spotted a cluster of what appeared to be gigantic versions of a king cobra. "Tch...first group sighted..."

Activating his newly obtained skill, <<Charge>>, he felt his body fly forward even faster than when he used his <<Sprint>> skill as he quickly closed the distance. Due to the momentum of his advance he as unable to get a decent vertical jump, but just enough to trigger <<Lightning Fall>> as he slammed down in the middle of his chosen foes, the electrical energy dispersing and shocking each of the creatures.

Calrex watched with fearsome and focused eyes as he followed the creatures' health bars down to almost empty before they stopped just short. Cursing under his breath he stood up straight before promptly weaving in and out of their bites. He only muttered a single sentence while dodging their blows, one that seemed to express a bit of anger and disappointment at himself.

"Still not powerful enough..."

HP List
Calrex: 189/189
   Energy: 32/46 (-14)

Enemies:
Giant Cobra 1:
 3/94 (10+1+2 DMG * 7 Art = 67 DMG)
Giant Cobra 2: 3/94 (10+1+2 DMG * 7 Art = 67 DMG)
Giant Cobra 3: 3/94 (10+1+2 DMG * 7 Art = 67 DMG)
Giant Cobra 4: 3/94 (10+1+2 DMG * 7 Art = 67 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37085
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +4) = 3 
Loot Dice: 12 (Total Buff +5) = 17 (Non-Combat List Used / Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Horizontal>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered /  31 Remaining)

"What in the world is wrong with me?..."

As Calrex weave through yet another set of attacks from the cobras he face turned to an appearance of disgust. Whether it had been out of disappointment for not finishing them in one blow, or some other reason, he had grown tired of the AI's tactics. His bangs covered his eyes for a few seconds before he remained absolutely still.

Almost immediately he activated <<Horizontal>> as the Grand Blade lit up with a light blue glow as he stepped forward, cleaving in a wide arc as all four of the cobras were split in half. Without even giving time to confirm their deaths the Ultramarine Knight quiet continued further into the forest.

"Why am I so determined to stay stronger?..."

Loot List:
4 Materials

HP List
Calrex: 189/189
   Energy: 31/46 (-2+1)

Enemies:
Giant Cobra 1: -17/94 (10 DMG * 2 Art = 20 DMG)
Giant Cobra 2: -17/94 (10 DMG * 2 Art = 20 DMG)
Giant Cobra 3: -17/94 (10 DMG * 2 Art = 20 DMG)
Giant Cobra 4: -17/94 (10 DMG * 2 Art = 20 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37086
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +4) = 4
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / Charge Activated / (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 18 Remaining)

"Why am I so driven to be counted on? As a matter of fact, why do I care so much about it? What am I trying to prove?"

Spotting yet another group of enemies, this time a cluster of giant tarantulas Calrex activated his opening attack once again, using <<Lightning Fall>> to descend upon the oversized arachnids, the bolts of lightning arcing across the ground before striking them, causing their hyper-realistic hairs to stand on end. In the past, the bluenette was intimidated by the creatures, but in the current mental state he was completely unphased. There was not a single hint of fear in him as the creatures each leapt at him, their bodies temporarily blanketing out the light before Calrex leapt out from below, diving to the side. Turning to face the creatures he gritted his teeth as his eyebrows slanted further together. It seemed there was no enjoyment in these battles, merely disappointment. If fighting the creatures were some kind of test to himself, the Ultramarine Knight was failing terribly.

"Still not enough..."

"I've heard Teayre tell me countless times before that I'm powerful, heck even some of the people I've come to consider friends see me the same way...so why is it so hard for me to believe them?"

HP List
   Energy: 18/46 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Giant Tarantula 1:
 34/94 (10+1+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)
Giant Tarantula 2: 34/94 (10+1+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)
Giant Tarantula 3: 34/94 (10+1+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)
Giant Tarantula 4: 34/94 (10+1+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37094
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice 5 (Evasion +4) = 1
Loot Dice: 19 (Total Buff +5) = 24 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Sharp Nail>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 7 Remaining)

"Why am I so hard on myself for this? Why am I pushing myself so hard? This goes against what I am trying to do to stay alive..."

"My promise to her...to not die..."

As the four arachnids leapt at Calrex once again he stepped forward and unleashed <<Sharp Nail>>, piercing through all four of the monsters' abdomens as they froze in mid-air before dispersing into crystals. Standing upright silently he looked at his energy bar, seeing that it was at almost a quarter remaining. Giving a disappointed heavy exhale he turned and proceeded further into the forest.

"I know this area. It's nearby the Waterfall of the Sage...that place..."

The Ultramarine Knight was silent for a few seconds as he thought upon where he was. It was as if his thoughts and his actions at the moment didn't seem to match up. Self-preservation, survival, all of the things necessary to keep going in the game seemed to have been temporarily tossed out the mental window as he proceeded towards the place he had been many times. The place that had almost given him the ability to kill another person.

"Tch...it's not like I haven't already..."

Loot List:
4 Materials
Bonus Loot: 4 Materials + 3760 col (Mob HP 94(4) * 10 col = 3760)

HP List
   Energy: 7/46 (-12+1)

Enemies:
Giant Tarantula 1:
 -18/94 (10+1 DMG * 6 Art - 24 MIT= 42 DMG)
Giant Tarantula 2: -18/94 (10+1 DMG * 6 Art - 24 MIT= 42 DMG)
Giant Tarantula 3: -18/94 (10+1 DMG * 6 Art - 24 MIT= 42 DMG)
Giant Tarantula 4: -18/94 (10+1 DMG * 6 Art - 24 MIT= 42 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Until Full Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered)

"ALRIGHT THAT'S ENOUGH!"

As if his mind was detached from his body Calrex heard his own voice scream inside his head as he stopped his silent trek towards the Waterfall of the Sage. Whatever trance he was in seemed to have subsided as well as he looked up at his energy bar with a hint of surprise in his voice, "Geezes I had already gone through that much. What in the world..."

Roc descended from the skies as if to respond to the bluenette's confusion as he landed in front of the player, giving the same stare he had given the young man after he had beaten the Lava Fist during the <<Iron Guardian>> quest. Giving a small sigh Calrex closed his eyes, regaining his calm as he opened them, addressing his familiar, "Yeah...I know why. Thanks Roc, I needed that. I guess there's been a lot on my mind, but I haven't noticed or even taken the time to address it. I've just been pushing it to the back of my head with all that's happening."

His falcon familiar gave a nod before flapping his wigs, ascending to a branch above as Calrex leaned against a nearby tree, crossing his arms as he closed his eyes, "Alright then, if I haven't taken the time before, let's do it now. It's the only way I know how to handle these emotions, other than speaking to Teayre about them..."

(1 Post Remaining Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered)

"If that's the thing on my mind right now, let's deal with that first. Why am I so obsessed with becoming stronger? Ever since the eleventh floor boss fight, it seemed like I've become overly focused on the idea of leveling up, upgrading my skills, and becoming more powerful, but why?"

"I guess this is really important, but strength for strength alone will never hold fast against adversity. I need to know more about what's driving me. Like Takao asked me before...I guess my answer wasn't good enough for myself..."

"So I'm asking myself again, why do I fight? Why do I adventure? Why do I bother with exploring the floors of Aincrad, when I could be just relaxing in the Starting City's inns like most of the other players."

Giving a small sigh to himself the bluenette moved some of his bangs out of his face as he shook his head, "I know one main reason. No matter how I try to spin it, my main goal is to keep Teayre safe and to see her again on the other side. In order to do that, I need to stay one step ahead of the monsters we face, hence why I need the strength to do so. It's what also drives me to participate in the frontlines, to try and clear this game faster than before, to come closer to the goal."

"But what does that mean? If Teayre were no longer my fiancee, if she no longer wanted anything to do with me...would all I have done be for nothing?

...no...it wouldn't be. I would still keep fighting, even if the main reason I started doing so was gone."

Fighting away the thought of Teayre being no longer in his life Calrex focused and continued to self-examine himself. If he were honest, driving away the thought of the redhead being no longer by his side was probably harder than any of the battles he had encountered in the past. He understood there was always the chance of it happening, but that didn't make the idea any less painful, "Then if it's not just Teayre and I continue fighting for, then what? Myself, well that's obvious. I fight to survive, but i survival is the goal I could return back to any settlement and just relax, taking on the occasional monster that spawns nearby the city. I would be safe, with nothing to fear."

"But if that's the case...then why am I out here, resolving to never return to the settlements until I felt I was strong enough?"

(Energy Fully Recovered)

"...this isn't something I can give a simple explanation to..."

Calrex put a hand to his head as he gave a small sigh. All of the thoughts running through his head seemed to be getting to him, but he persisted. He wanted to get the the bottom of his rationale at the moment. If he didn't, then he felt there was a chance it could become a self-destructive spiral. Over-training was never a good thing, as it put yourself at risk to things far worse, although it could be quantified within the limits of the game. In SAO broken bones, torn ligaments, and the like didn't leave permanent damage to the body, just a simple period of time where your health would be lowered before the natural regeneration abilities of your avatar simply rolled back time, returning the damaged limb to a state like it was new. It was as if as long as you didn't die, your body would simply roll back to whatever "record" of yourself at your best would be.

"No...I think I'm starting to understand why I want to become stronger so quickly...heh...I guess sometimes I can be a bit of a child to..."

Pushing himself off of the tree he was leaning against Calrex turned and looked in the direction of the Waterfall of the Sage, giving a calming breath before he began his march forward.

"The last time I visited here Teayre helped me through whatever mind tricks my dark side tried to use on me. This time...I'll purge that demon under my own strength...That way I can finally say I've become stronger than I was before...strong enough? We'll have to see..."

Emerging from the treeline Calrex arrived at the familiar area he had seen many times, the cascading waterfall seeming to act almost like a mirror against the rocky face the stream poured down from. It was a place that had likely taken the lives of many lower level players whom had come here in pursuit of the <<Meditation>> Extra Skill, the technique which the bluenette possessed, yet rarely used. In some ways it was better than <<Battle Healing>>, in that it was also capable of removing negative status effects, although at the cost of having to use time focusing that could be dedicated to attacking one's opponent.

Stepping forward the Ultramarine Knight stood in front of the water's face, closing his eyes as he let his thoughts roam. The question on the origin of his desire for strength remained on his mind, but as he continued to do so he slowly opened his eyes as he felt some of his thought seemingly leave him, as if going somewhere else. Turning around Calrex opened his eyes, seeing the person before him, an almost exact copy of himself. However, this one seemed different from the "demonic" versions of himself he had seen in the past. This one seemed an exact match to himself, the only word coming to his lips being...

"Gemini..."

"Huh, I guess you caught on quicker than I thought. Well done Calrex."

"But I thought you were supposed to be the dark side of myself..."

"Well you've fought that version many times. Both quests on this floor are designed to help players come to understand themselves a little better than before. You just happened to engage my quest in front of the settlement, but I can appear anywhere on this floor. My AI is not restricted to a specific area."

"I see..."

"Well then..."

"Huh?"

Calrex looked forward as he saw his projection turn to face him, performing the same symbolistic maneuver he had adopted as of late. Removing his sword and sheath from his back the <<Gemini>> unsheathed his version of the Grand Blade, tossing the scabbard aside as he pointed it at the bluenette, "...shall we begin our little clash of the minds?"

OOC: Gemini will be using the exact same stats as Calrex.

Implementing a morale system. Gemini will be helping to self-analyze Calrex as they duel. Rolls below 10 on the LD (without enhancements) will be a failure, resulting on a missed turn for Calrex. Rolls above 10 will be a success

IC:

ID: 37108
Battle Dice: 2(Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 1 (Disregarded Due to Morale Fail)
Mob Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 4 (Miss Occurred, Gemini Loses 2 Energy)
Loot Dice: 8 (Morale Fail)
No Action Taken

As <<Gemini>> flew forward his own Grand Blade struck into Calrex's sword, forcing the two of them to go sliding back a few paces before the bluenette managed to shove him to the side. While the original remained on the rock pads which filled the pool beneath the waterfall, <<Gemini>> was forced back to the bank as he stood right at the water's edge, "Alright Calrex, this is more than a simple duel, you understand that. So why don't you let me help you come to terms with that question that's been on your mind? Why do you desire to become stronger, or even more than that, why do you wish to be strong?"

"Heh, if you're me, then you should already know the answer."

"That's not the point of this discussion Calrex. You wish to know the answer, well, let me correct myself. If you want the true answer you need to say it yourself. I may know the reason why, but unless you can use your own mouth to hear yourself speak, this will all be for naught."

Calrex tried to move to take the advantage, but right as he did suddenly he felt his sword arm shake, as if it had lost its strength. Looking down in surprise for a second the bluenette tried to tighten his fist to get a more solid grip on the Grand Blade, but it seemed like his hand didn't want to move. "A part of the encounter?"

HP List
Calrex:
189/189
   Energy: 46/46

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex
: 189/189
   Energy: 44/46 (-2)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37109
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 7
Mob Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 9 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 12(Morale Success)
Calrex: Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 34 Remaining)
Gemini Calrex:  Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 33 Remaining)

"You know...you're right..."

"Hm?"

As Calrex looked back over at his copy he rushed forward, the Grand Blade coming alight with a light blue hue as he activated <<Nova Ascension>>, letting the assisted system take control as he flew forward. At the same time <<Gemini>> triggered his own version of the same Sword Art as the two clashed, their swords tracing faint blue cuts in the air as the blades crossed each other time after time after time. The only part of the attack that scored a hit was the final pommel strike, which caught both of the combatants in the chest as they were knocked back by the excessive force.

Calrex tried to move to attack, but then felt his body frozen as he saw the Stun condition appear next to his health bar. However, he gave a small sigh of relief as he saw that the clone was also stunned as the two took a knee.

"You're right...if I don't openly admit it to myself, it's easy to let a thought pass as nothing significant. Only when I voice do does it become valid to myself, and possibly others that care about me. Keeping it to myself isn't going to solve anything."

"Good to hear, so then, what is your answer to my question?"

HP List
Calrex: 121/189 (10+2 DMG * 9 Art -40 MIT = 68 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
   Energy: 34/46 (-12)

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex:
139/189 (10 DMG * 9 Art - 40 MIT = 50 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
   Energy: 33/46 (-12+1)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37110
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 0 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Mob Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Calrex: No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 35 Remaining)
Gemini Calrex: No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 34 Remaining)

"Is it really the reason I want to become stronger? It seems so unlike me..."

Calrex remained motionless as he saw the Stun effect vanish from his health, looking to see that Gemini Calrex's was about to do the same. Getting back to his feet he picked up the Grand Blade, going back into his fighting stance, "Do you really think that's my reasoning?"

"It's not what I think Calrex, it's what you believe to be the truth. You may try to be logical, unbiased and reasonable, but the fact of the matter is even logic is subjective. People will always change the way they think about something to suit their needs and wants if the desire is strong enough. Not very often is a truly rational decision made that is not skewed in such a way to benefit the decider. So I ask you again, what do you think is the reason you are overly focused on strength?"

At the same time that Gemini spoke he got back to his feet, assuming the same stance that Calrex did as the two squared off against each other once again.

HP List
Calrex: 121/189 (Stun End)
   Energy: 35/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex:
139/189 (Stun End)
   Energy: 34/46 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37111
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 6 (Disregarded Due to Morale Fail)
Mob Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 5
Loot Dice: 2 (Morale Fail)
Calrex: No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 36 Remaining)
Gemini Calrex: Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 1 Recovered / 33 Remaining)

As the two clashed once again Calrex and <<Gemini>> slammed their swords into a lock, with neither one gaining the upper hand, "The reason..."

"Do I really believe it?"

Responding to Calrex's hesitation <<Gemini>> pushed him away with a forceful slash of his sword, breaking the lock and forcing the original a decent distance away. As the bluenette tried to rush forward again he felt his body lose its strength as his stance buckled for a second. Looking down at the Grand Blade he gripped it tighter as he looked back to his copy, "Calrex, there's no point in me being here if you cannot confront the reasoning and emotions that made you develop that insatiable hunger for strength. You want to return back after deciding you're strong enough? Well with the way you are you'll never return to the settlements. You might as well be an orange player at that point."

"..."

HP List
Calrex: 121/189
   Energy: 35/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex:
139/189
   Energy: 33/46 (-2+1)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37112
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 0 (Disregarded Due to Morale Fail)
Mob Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 1
Loot Dice: 8 (Morale Fail)
Calrex: No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 36 Remaining)
Gemini Calrex: Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 1 Recovered/  32 Remaining)

"...I guess it really might be the reason why I've become so obsessed..."

"So, you going to start talking?"

Calrex felt his body resist the urge to move. It wasn't out of fear, but the lack of will to keep fighting. His reasoning to keep fighting, his drive, it all seemed to be useless in the face of the blaring question right in front of him.

"Why is it so hard to accept? It's reasonable, and would explain the illogical actions I've been doing..."

<<Gemini>> rushed forward as he attempted to slash at Calrex, but it fell short. However, he persisted his verbal advance as he stepped forward, picking up the Ultramarine Knight by the front of his shirt with his free hand, lifting him upwards. Calrex felt his body seem to go partially limp as his clone held him in the air.

"Say it Calrex! Come to terms with your reasoning and face it!"

HP List
   Energy: 36/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex:
139/189
   Energy: 32/46 (-2+1)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37129
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 8 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 3 (Riposte Fail)
Loot Dice: 13 (Morale Success)
Calrex: Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 26 Remaining)
Gemini Calrex: <<Parry>> Activated, Half Damage Taken Until Next Turn (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 31 Remaining)

"..."

"Tch...guess you've wasted your tim..."

"I know what I'm acting the way I am..."

"Hm?"

After <<Gemini>> released Calrex the bluenette straightened himself as he adjusted the collar of his shirt, giving a calming breath, "I know exactly why I've been obsessed, why it came about after the eleventh floor boss fight."

"It's stupid but..."

"If I had to be honest, I've been a bit jealous. Frustrated for sure, but to some level jealous. After witnessing the kind of power that Zelrius, Tristan, and now possibly Teayre possess, I was actually, honestly, jealous. To think that all of the work I had put into becoming stronger, and literally in just a few moments all of a sudden it's like I'm back at the bottom of the rung. The idea that all of the training I've put myself through, and I've got not a single reward, a single accolade to show for it."

"..."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he recollected his thoughts, "I'm fully aware that what I'm saying is childish, like I'm throwing some kind of temper tantrum. But, if I don't keep ahead, at the least in levels, it seems like eventually all of the frontliners will catch up to me...and then eventually I'll fall behind. You're aware of how the eleventh boos went, more than half of us didn't even get a chance to attack. We were at best only there to spectate. If I don't prove myself, to...prove to myself...that I'm still a contender in the raids...then what good am I?"

The Ultramarine Knight seemed lost in his thoughts for a second before his state was broken by <<Gemini>> charging forward, provoking an immediate response to the attack by unleashing <<Meteor Break>>. The Grand Blade came alight with a golden glow as he interrupted the charge with an opening tackle. As he unleashed the barrage of slashes the clone activated <<Parry>>, deflecting the bluenette's blows to the side until the second tackle and falling which, which had full effect on the NPC as it got knocked back.

"Good Calrex, I'm glad you finally decided to accept you had those emotions. I'm sure Teayre would be proud of you."

HP List
   Energy: 36/46 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex:
117/189 (10+1 DMG * 11 Art / 2 Parry - 40 MIT = 21 DMG)
   Energy: 31/46 (-2+1)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37134
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 3 (Riposte Fail)
Mob Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 7
Calrex: <<Parry> >Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 35 Remaining)
Gemini Calrex: Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 21 Remaining)

"Trust me, I'm sure any bit of emotion I show is supposed to be progress...but this seems just damn stupid. Not something I should be dignifying with a thought process."

"Well Calrex, you should remember what she said. You're not a robot, you're a living, breathing human being."

"Gh!"

As <<Gemini>> unleashed his own <<Meteor Break>> Calrex activated <<Parry>> in response, his forearms becoming covered in the faint light blue aura as he began to deflect the blows in a similar fashion as the clone did earlier. However, the same result played out as he was pushed back by the falling slash of <<Gemini>>'s finishing blow.

"You can try to follow cold logic as much as possible. Heck you could even try and play the big boy and act all mature, but you haven't been through enough to have developed the correct mindset for that. Without the personal experience behind it...you're just acting, playing a role that I'm not sure you've got the qualifications to fulfill."

Calrex slowly got to his feet, pushing himself upright with the Grand Blade, "Role? Just what in the world are you talking about?"

"Remember, I'm a visualization of your inner thoughts, a true reflection of yourself. You may think yourself as fairly realistic, valuing teamwork and survivability above all else. But, I also know that somewhere, deep down, you want to be counted on, a knight, a hero. Isn't that why you've held onto that title Oikawa gave you for so long now, the Ultramarine Knight? It's why you're after the Dual Blades skill, or heck even that special armor youve heard so much about. You want something to make you stand out from the crowd, to make you special."

"......Tch...the problems of being an only child right? No matter how much I try to escape it, I'll always be to some level a spoiled brat. I can't ever really understand a sibling relationship, because  never grew up with it. Whenever things got rough I always had a support system that would come to my aid the minute I tried to shed a single tear, or hold my voice in for just a little bit too long."

Extracting the Grand Blade from the ground Calrex looked over at his clone with a new sense of courage and determination, "That's what you're trying to get at right? That no matter how old I get, no matter how much I learn and mature, that stigma will always stick with me. That I'll never really know the true meaning of being left behind, of being unwanted. That living a good life has in a way made my unrelatable to those who have truly suffered..."

"That in some way...I'm incapable of actually being there for Teayre..."

HP List
Calrex: 106/189 (10 DMG * 11 Art / 2 Parry - 40 MIT = 15 DMG)
   Energy: 35/46 (-2+1)

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex:
117/189
   Energy: 21/46 (-11+1)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37141
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 9 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 7
Calrex: Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 25 Remaining)
Gemini Calrex: <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy used / 1 Recovered / 11 Remaining)

"You're mostly right Calrex. But, with the fact that you admitting that, you've actually improved, even if it was just a little bit."

"Come again?"

Both of the Calrex's charged forward as they unleashed <<Meteor Break>> upon each other, the glowing golden swords hacking away at each of their intended targets as the two slammed into each other before bringing the swords down on each other's shoulder, locked in place as if it had gotten caught on the player's skeleton. As the two stood in place they continued to converse.

"If you had never expressed that frustration, then you would have never confronted it, understood the origin of your obsession. You may think that it's just a self-destructive cycle, but there is no set in stone rule that it could turn socially destructive. Sure you'll end up causing potential harm to yourself challenging monsters, but you can't clear a floor on your own. You can't go to the higher floors on your own. So, logically, where would you turn next if you wanted even more strength. Uniques? Well what if they're already being used or owned by other players?"

"...so that's what you're getting at. You're thinking this slippery slope would result in me becoming a player killer out of the desire for power."

"Am I wrong?"

"...to be honest I can't really say either way. I've only killed one person in the past, and though I would like to think that I wouldn't harm another person for such selfish reasons...well...as they say...humans are unpredictable..."

"To this that this came along without me even noticing it. I guess I'm not as observant as I thought..."

HP List
Calrex: 36/189 (10 DMG * 11 Art - 40 MIT = 70 DMG)
   Energy: 25/46 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex:
 25/189 (10+2 DMG * 11 Art - 40 MIT = 92 DMG)
   Energy: 11/46 (-11+1)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37153
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 6
Mob Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion +4) = 4
Loot Dice: 3 (Total Buff +5) = 8 (No Bonus Loot)
Calrex: Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 15 Remaining)
Gemini Calrex: Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 1 Recovered / 10 Remaining)

As the two broke free of their sword on bone lock Gemini Calrex quickly turned as he prepared to use <<Nova Ascension>>, but as he did all of a sudden he found Calrex right in front of him, sword alight with a golden glow, <<Meteor Break>> already activated. There was no time for the clone to react, even put up a <<Parry>> as the Ultramarine Knight unleashed another unrelenting barrage of slashes, leaving golden cuts across the clone before slamming into it once again, knocking it onto its back before he came own on the NPC with the powerful finishing slash of his combo.

With the battle over Calrex kept himself in a ready stance until the clone's hand released the copy Grand Blade, the sword dissipating into shards. Seeing that his opponent's weapon was gone the bluenette relaxed his stance, taking couple of deep breaths to keep himself upright.

"That...was the closest in a while I've gotten to dying..."

"Buh...you've made a lot of progress Calrex...nice work..."

"Still alive?"

"Heh...I'm an imitation of yourself. I'm not hooked up somewhere. I'm...a part of this game...but...don't sell yourself so short..."

Curious as to what his clone had to say Calrex turned to full face him, showing he had its full attention.

"Just because...you think you're weak...doesn't mean you are...Heh...remember that you're not the same person from the last time we fought. Want an accolade? You've made it to the frontlines...guh...not a lot of players can say that. That...they are actively being a part of the effort to make it out of this death game. Guh, it's not always just about what you think...it's also what others think about you. Teh...you may not have a lot of faith in yourself...but you should try putting a little more faith in those that have faith in you."

Calrex gave a calming breath as he expressed a small smile, "You know...you've been a lot more helpful than any of the past battles with myself ever have been."

"Heh...maybe you've just been looking for help...in the wrong place..."

As the clone vanished into crystals Calrex gave a small sigh, the Grand Blade falling from his hand as he fell back, mentally worn out from the ordeal.

"Maybe...I'll just rest here...for a while..."

Slowly closing his eyes he felt himself drift off into a slumber.

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 36/189
   Energy: 15/46 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Gemini Calrex:
 -45/189 (10 DMG * 11 Art - 40 MIT = 70 DMG)
   Energy: 10/46 (-2+1)

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Until Full Energy Recovery, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

As Calrex continued to sleep his breathing continued in slow, rhythmic inhales and exhales in harmony with his chest's rises and falls. During this time he had a strange dream while he was asleep, one that seemed to predict a potential future if he continued the path he seemed to be going down.

Waking up in a strange town Calrex looked around. The medieval structures seemed to be close to the interior of a fortress than a town, like Urbus or the Starting City. As he looked down at his garbs he saw he was still in his regular clothing, albeit with a strange white tint to his avatar, "Strange..."

As he continued around, suddenly hearing the sounds of battle as he followed it to what appeared to be a banquet hall. Using his <<Reveal>> skill he was able to see through the various pieces of wreckage, looking to see a strange sight.

It was himself, apparently clad in the Grand Dragoon: Legacy, his blade drawn, although his opponents were not whom he had expected them to be. One was Ssendom, the Dreadnaught, wielding a larger two-handed sword than even the sword he had seem the brunette wielding in the past. Another was yet another brunette, Takao, whom he considered a fellow one-handed straight sword wielder. Yet another was Zelrius, his blade coated with a strange black aura, not unlike the one he had seen the young blonde use on the <<Forsaken Crusader>>. Another was a man who was covered in a full-body heavy armor. The last one was...

"Teayre..."

The young redhead was definitely staring him down with a face of anger and confusion, while the stoic expression of his full-body armor didn't give hint of any form of expression. But one thing could easily be gathered from the scenario. He had likely kept his desires to himself until the prime moment, gathering everyone into a single area before challenging all of them for their unique skills. Almost reflexively he rushed, aiming to join the others at their side against himself, but as he did suddenly he felt himself being dragged into the projection of himself as he suddenly found himself looking through the eyes of the deep-sea blue armor he called his own, staring down the people he considered comrades.

"Is this really the climax of this path? No...I'm not going to let this happen..."

HP List
Calrex: 42/189 (+6)
   Energy: 16/46 (+1)

(1 Post Until Full Energy Recovery, 1 Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Calrex's eyes slowly opened as he remained still for a short while, looking up at the night sky that blanketed the sixth floor. Slowly sitting up he saw that the Waterfall of the Sage was illuminated by the moonlight as he gave a small sigh, "I really have been out here all night. Figures..."

Slowly getting to his feet he dusted off his clothing before retrieving the Grand Blade, summoning the sheath as he resheathed the sword, attaching the entire array back to the back of his hip as he looked around, "So...was that a possible price for it? I think I must have really lost a screw if I wanted all of the uniques in existence. To my knowledge a player can only have one at a time. Plus, a bunch of those skills wouldn't even make sense for my build. Like...Teayre's..."

His eyes seemed to dim for a few seconds at the dream memory of him turning his blade on Teayre. It wasn't like he had not done it in the past, but this time it was for some useless and shallow reasoning. Shaking his head he gathered his thoughts as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, looking back towards the settlement, "I guess I could get started heading back towards the settlement. Staying out here would be dangerous, especially with the amount of health I'm at..."

Turning towards the settlement he prepared to start his trek back, but as he tried to take his first step he looked down at his front foot, staring at it for a second as if it was some foreign object.

Almost instantly after he directed it in the direction leading away from the safe zone, healing further into the jungle.

"If I went back now, it would be too early. I maybe have gained the accolade of reaching the frontlines, but I can always improve myself even further. Taking on a few more mobs like the ones earlier shouldn't hurt. I'll take on a few more before heading back to Amazon."

HP List
Calrex: 48/189 (+6)
   Energy: 17/46 (+1)