SP - F6 Relentless Training (Echos of the Mind Series Part 1) (Completed)

(Energy Fully Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Calrex looked up to see that his energy had been recovering, even while he was asleep. With one last flash the blue bar that sat beneath the currently yellow bar of his health filled all the way. The sight was almost laughable to himself, as it seemed the two would have been more harmonious in representation in real life: If a person was close to death, usually they would be low on energy as well. Giving a small sigh he looked back to see the reflective waters of the Waterfall of the Sage had become hidden by the thicket of trees as he continued through the rainforest. Using his <<Reveal>> skill it was easy to navigate and avoid any potential monsters while he made sure his energy was fully reset.

Scanning the area he gave a few calming breaths before reviewing his currently status, "Definitely not in best straights. It's a good thing I've still got a teleportation crystal on hand should things go bad. However, I'd still rather avoid having to waste it in this kind of situation. I can easily fight off the monsters on this floor, even the ones that are suitable to my level. Nonetheless I'd best be careful."

HP List
Calrex: 54/189 (+6)
   Energy: 46/46

ID: 37192
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +4 / Disguise +1) = -3
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 32 Remaining)

Moving through the jungle once again Calrex spotted what appeared to be a pack of tigers that were prowling through the trees. Figuring they were of high enough level to train against he executed <<Charge>> as he felt his body fly forward, drawing the Grand Blade from its sheath as he went airborne. Diving down on the four he executed <<Lightning Fall>> once again, piercing the ground in the dead center of the group, sending electrical shocks through each of the fearsome felines.

Unfortunately he saw that the numbers indicating the amount of damage he dealt did not turn red, symbolizing he had not scored a critical hit like the past two encounters. Extracting his sword from the ground the bluenette quickly weaved in and out of the powerful claw strikes that were coming his way from the four monsters. Keeping his eyes on them the tigers began to circle around him in an attempt to strike from a blind spot.

"It'll probably be a long time, heck possibly forever, before I'm able to one shot a group of enemies. But I guess that's the hand I was dealt. I chose this path, to not excel in either damage of mitigation, but still being ahead overall in my stats. That's what it means to be a lightning bruiser. Heh, I guess in the end I'm someone that's better at blending into a crowd, yet deep down somewhere wants a bit of the limelight. Maybe I'm confusing glory and fame for reliability. It's not like movie stars, actors, or famous politicians can always be dependable. That's just their reputation getting ahead of them.

HP List
Calrex: 54/189
   Energy: 32/46 (-14)

Enemies:
Fierce Tiger 1: 41/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Fierce Tiger 2: 41/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Fierce Tiger 3: 41/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Fierce Tiger 4: 41/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37198
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +4) = 1
Loot Dice: 5 (Total Buff +5) = 10 (No Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 19 Remaining)

Leaping upwards once again Calrex reactivated <<Lightning Fall>> as he descended back down towards the ground, impaling the earth with the Grand Blade as it fully charged up with electricity. The arcing sparks jumped across the ground before homing in on the tigers, eliminating each with a quick burst of energy.

Extracting his sword the bluenette gave a small sigh as he resheathed his sword, monitoring his energy levels, "Two of my most powerful area of effects and I've only got enough for one more. Better take a break for now..."

Crossing his arms the Ultramarine Knight walked over to a nearby tree trunk, resting against it, "Guess if I wanted to personally give an answer, I'll never be strong enough. There's still more challenges in this world that we have yet to encounter, yet somehow here I am in the middle of the sixth floor thinking that if I train hard enough I'll eventually get to a point where I don't need to practice anymore. Heh, I guess it's really not in me to be genuinely cocky about myself."

Loot List:
4 Materials

HP List
Calrex: 54/189
   Energy: 19/46 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Fierce Tiger 1: -12/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Fierce Tiger 2: -12/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Fierce Tiger 3: -12/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Fierce Tiger 4: -12/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Moving his arms out of their crossed position Calrex put them back into his jacket pockets as he scanned around the area with his <<Reveal>> skill, "It shouldn't be long for me to regain my energy again. As long as I make sure the monsters don't pick up on my avatar's detection area, then I can avoid any unwanted conflict."

"I wonder if Teayre's doing alright on her rumor quest. I've been out here a while. Heck I haven't even sent a reply..."

Giving a small sigh he pulled up his menu as he sent a response to Teayre's message

To: Teayre

Subject: Rumours

Alright then, too bad I couldn't tag along, heh. I wanted to be there when you found what you were looking for. I'm on the sixth floor training in the jungle. Figured I'll need to gain some more levels if I'm going to keep up with everyone that's going after the rumors. Ended up fighting a different game projected clone of myself this time. Will hopefully be back in time, although I promised myself I wouldn't come back to the safe zone until I became "strong enough." Whatever that means I'll hopefully discover and understand tonight. Stay safe Teayrie. I love you.

HP List
Calrex: 60/189 (+6)
   Energy: 20/46 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(1 Post Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

"Alright, best not waste my time just standing around. I can get started searching for the next group of enemies while my energy recovers"

Pushing off the tree's base Calrex continue moving further into the jungle. The Waterfall of the Sage seemed to be miles away, at least if one tried to judge by the thickness of the trees clustering around where it should have been. One could get lost in a place like this, but the bluenette simply activated his <<Reveal>> skill to keep track of his location.

"Discover and understand, didn't I just do that? Well, I guess I still need to keep thinking it over. This isn't really something I should just find an answer for and take it at face value. The things that Gemini said were not wrong, but I need to understand why it was capable of coming to that conclusion...and why I why I so easily took in his words."

Giving a small sigh he mulled over the words that were in his head. The idea that he was playing a role that he did not have the qualifications for, that he had never truly experienced hardship, and that he himself thought he was incapable of fully helping his fiancee. The last one seemed to strike a nerve for a second as his usually calm self seemed disappointed for a second, but in in an angry fashion like before. This was was closer to despair than rage.

"I do want to help her and be there for her...but I guess I'm also doubting that I can actually do so. I haven't lived a close even close to Teayre's, and I can't think of any parallels that could be drawn between them. I can't sympathize with her if I don't know what she's been going through, what she has gone through."

Moving some of his bangs out of his face he gave a depressing sigh at the thought before snapping out of his thoughts, continuing forward.

HP List
Calrex: 66/189 (+6)
   Energy: 21/46 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(Energy Fully Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Calrex looked as he saw that his energy bar had fully recovered as he gave a small sigh, shaking his head, "Alright then, next thing to do is find yet another mob to take on...I wonder if I'm even making any significant progress by doing this..."

Drawing the Grand Blade he looked down at the deep-sea blue color of his sword, the ocean-like color scheme seeming to reflect in his eyes as he closed them, letting himself refocus as he looked around after meditating for a few seconds.

"Sure...I may not have a upbringing like Teayre, but really in a way no one should have to go through what she went through. It would be cynical to think that being different makes us unrelatable. So even if it is so, I'm going to be by her side. If I'm going to do that, I need to make sure I don't end up chasing after her in strength...maybe that's what I was looking when I was thinking I was strong enough."

Giving a small smile he looked up at the night sky, regaining his resolve as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, "Heh, if I'm unable to get any of the rumors that have been released, then I'll just have to gain enough strength that it would be comparable to having one."

HP List
Calrex: 72/189 (+6)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37228
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +4) = -2
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 32 Remaining)

Calrex scanned the area with his <<Reveal>> skill, spotting what appeared to be a group of alligator-like creatures, "I think those are called caimans, or something like that. In any case, they should be of a high enough level."

Rushing forward he activated <<Charge>> as he quickly closed the distance, leaping upwards as he saw the Grand Blade become coated in the familiar light blue crackling aura of <<Lightning Fall>> as he descended upon the reptiles, stabbing it into the ground inbetween the four. The electrical charge quickly dispersed and shocked the four creatures as they all jerked and wiggled, like their nervous systems were being shocked.

Seeing the four creatures were still alive he gave a small sigh as he extracted his sword from the ground, "Well, I guess this is the best I can get for now. Without a higher level Charge skill I can't hit any harder without consumables. I guess without any extra abilities or boosters this is my current limit."

HP List
Calrex: 72/189
   Energy: 32/46 (-14)

Enemies:
Greater Caiman 1: 41/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Greater Caiman 2: 41/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Greater Caiman 3: 41/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Greater Caiman 4: 41/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37244
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2
Loot Dice: 8 (Total Buff +5) = 13 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 19 Remaining)

Leaping upwards once again Calrex reactivated <<Lightning Fall>> as he descended, striking the ground with his attack, sending out the electrical charge to the reptiles as each dissipated into crystals as he gave a calming breath, sheathing the Grand Blade. Monitoring his energy once again he saw that it would take some time once again before he could take on another group of creatures.

"Better rest again before taking on some more creatures. Maybe I should start investing more in consumable again. In any case, I'd better get ahead and gain some more col and materials before re-evaluating myself."

Loot List: 
4 Materials
Bonus Loot: 1880 col (Mob Health 94(4) * 5 col = 1880 col)

HP List
Calrex: 72/189
   Energy: 19/46 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Greater Caiman 1:
 -12/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Greater Caiman 2: -12/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Greater Caiman 3: -12/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)
Greater Caiman 4: -12/94 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 53 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Until Full Energy Recharge, 1 Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Sitting down where he had defeated the creatures Calrex gave a small sigh as he laid back, putting his hands behind his head, "Just rest up enough until my energy recharges. I guess maybe another thing I should start looking into is energy recovery items. If it's one thing I've got going for me, it's that I've got a lot of energy to use high rank Sword Arts for a longer period of time."

"Still...I guess I won't ever be able to shake the wanting of something that will make me stand out, because nowadays that seems to be becoming the norm amongst the frontliners. Plus we've only gotten to the twelfth floor and this kind of thing is already going on. I wonder if any more rumors will begin to be discovered as we get higher up in the floors."

Putting a hand over his face to block the moonlight he looked at the back of his hand. It had been some time since he last wore the Grand Gauntlets, the deep-sea blue guards no longer covering his forearms as he moved his hand back behind his head, "Guess I really did get myself off track for a while there."

HP List
Calrex: 78/189 (+6)
   Energy: 20/46 (+1)

Edited by Calrex

(1 Post Until Full Recharge, 1 Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

Slowly getting to his feet Calrex gave a small sigh as he squared his stance. Moving his arms to one side he took up a stance that drew from escrima, one that was used for practicing the Heaven-Earth Six drill. Swinging with both arms he moved in a pattern cutting left and right with both arms. If he had two weapons, whether they be sticks, swords, knives, even barehanded, it would have been a relentless series of strikes as he gave a small smile, "Heh, if only..."

Sheathing the Grand Blade he put his hands back into his jacket pockets as he looked around, making note that his energy had flashed once again, signaling that he was a few moments away from returning back to full energy, "I hope Teayre's doing alright. It's starting to get late in the night. For all I know she might be done already."

HP List
Calrex: 84/189 (+6)
   Energy: 21/46 (+1)

(Energy Fully Recharged / 6 HP Recovered)

Moving further through the jungle's interior Calrex kept scanning the area for a potential group of enemies to take on. It seemed that with his presence in the area might have caused the monsters that inhabit it to disperse further. He could only guess it was due to his level on a lower floor that caused the area to be so scarce.

"Maybe I need to go back up to the upper floors to find more monsters suitable to my level. It's the only thing I can gather."

Twirling the Grand Blade into a hammer grip, icepick grip, and back as he bid his time and attention while moving through the trees. "I really hope boredom doesn't take me before I manage to find out what it is I'm looking for in strength."

Sheathing his sword again the Ultramarine Knight put his hands back into his jacket pockets as he kept moving forward, swatting away some smaller bugs that seemed to be a part of the ambience of the floor.

HP List
Calrex: 90/189 (+6)

ID: 37263
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +4) = 1
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 44 Remaining)

As Calrex entered into an area he stood still for a second as he scanned around, "That white substance...shoot!"

Leaping to the side four sets of fangs descended from above as he rolled across the ground. As he got to his feet he looked to see that his free arm was caught in some thick webbing. During the time he was lost in this thoughts he had stumbled into a next of oversized black widows. Their red hourglass pattern was a dead giveaway, but the fangs seemed to drip a strange black liquid that hit the ground and crystallized, looking like obsidian.

Drawing the Grand Blade he quickly cut the webbing pinning him to the ground as he looked up, keeping track of the four creature that were stalking him from above, "So much for getting a Charge attack in."

HP List
Calrex: 90/189
   Energy: 44/46 (-2)

Enemies:
Obsidian Widow 1: 94/94
Obsidian Widow 2: 94/94
Obsidian Widow 3: 94/94
Obsidian Widow 4: 94/94

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37264
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +4) = 4
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 31 Remaining)

Dodging to the side as the spiders shifted around and shot webbing from their ends to try and pin him, Calrex rushed forward as he quickly leapt up, going airborne. Bringing the Grand Blade into position he saw the cracking energy of his <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art charge up as he shot past the widows, shocking them as he flew by.

Landing back on the ground he gave a small sigh as he looked up, "This is going to be a rough fight. Unless I manage to get a critical hit somehow I'll need to use two more techniques to end this battle. Guess I really need to be careful about making my first it count."

Flipping it into a reverse grip he looked up and saw the oversized spiders were beginning to move again, preparing to try and attack him different angles.

HP List
   Energy: 31/46 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Obsidian Widow 1:
 48/94 (10 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 46 DMG)
Obsidian Widow 2: 48/94 (10 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 46 DMG)
Obsidian Widow 3: 48/94 (10 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 46 DMG)
Obsidian Widow 4: 48/94 (10 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 46 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37265
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +4) = 4
Loot Dice: 15 (Total Buff +5) = 20 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 18 Remaining)

Gritting his teeth as he focused Calrex leapt up once again as he readied <<Lightning Fall>> once again. Putting all of the force he could behind the stab the electrically charged sword pierced the ground as the lightning shot up, riding up the web structure as it jolted the four widows, causing them to immediately disperse into crystals as he gave a calming breath, resheathing his sword.

"Guess I somehow still managed to pull it off in two strikes. Nonetheless if I didn't get the critical blow I probably would have had to use more energy to finish this battle...I've still got a ways to go it seems..."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets the Ultramarine Knight continued further, emerging out of the spider's lair as he breathed a sigh of relief.

Loot List
4 Materials
Bonus Loot: 4 Materials + 1880 col (Mob HP 94(4) * 5 col = 1880 col)

HP List
   Energy: 18/46 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Obsidian Widow 1:
 -12/94 (10+2 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)
Obsidian Widow 2: -12/94 (10+2 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)
Obsidian Widow 3: -12/94 (10+2 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)
Obsidian Widow 4: -12/94 (10+2 DMG * 7 Art - 24 MIT = 60 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(2 Posts Remaining, 1 Energy Recovered / 6 HP Recovered)

As Calrex exited back out he looked around as he found a good place to rest while his energy recovered, giving a small sigh as he crossed his arms, "Well, I've got some time. Better now than never to try and think about what's been on my mind."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he looked up at the night sky. From where he was the moon seemed to become larger. It was possible that he had gone uphill, closer to the sky from where he was originally. Looking around he gave a calming exhale as he let himself get lost in his thoughts, "So, even though Gemini seems to have confirmed why I want in particular strength from special skills, why is it I'm seeking strength in the first place? Am I just concerned that if I don't I'll be no longer significant to anyone? That shouldn't make sense, but I guess that just might be a contributing factor."

Crossing his arms he began to close his eyes as his thoughts continued, "I know that part of it is also because I want to stay by Teayre's side, both in and out of combat. I can't do that if she ends up surpassing me. But then how strong would I need to be to compete against a unique skill? Ten levels, twenty levels above? How many more skill points would I need?"

HP List
Calrex: 96/189 (+6)
   Energy: 19/46 (-14+1)

Giving a sigh Calrex put his hands behind his head as he looked around, "I guess this just might be one of those questions that can't be given a straight answer. I've got many reasons that I want to be strong, but having the answer will merely set a limit for myself. Compared to everyone else on the frontlines, I guess I'd fall somewhere in the middle...as long as I am still considered strong enough to participate, maybe that will have to do for now."

Looking back towards the settlement of Amazon he began making his way back through the jungle, keeping his hands in his pockets, "I may still have a way to go, but I guess at the least I'm still working towards it, rather than complaining and not doing anything about it..."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
  • Monster Loot:
    • Battle 1: 4 Materials
    • Battle 2: 8 Materials + 3760 col
    • Battle 3: 1 Material
    • Battle 4: 4 Materials
    • Battle 5: 4 materials + 1880 col
    • Battle 6: 8 materials + 1880 col