The Deciding Factor: Part 1 (Arena Duel) (Ssendom) (Completed)

To: Ssendom
Subject: Re: You are Formally Invited

Dom, I appreciate that you all still see and believe that the both of us have strength that is noteworthy. However, currently I'm still on the fence with the idea of being with guilds. As I'm sure you can guess, I have had invitations extended from pretty much all of the active organizations. I can't speak for Teayre, but if she does decide to join I merely wish that you keep her safe. She means the world to me, as I'm sure you know.

For me, I don't want to simply turn you away, so I will propose to you this. I will be at the arena, so please feel free to send the Commandant you feel would be most suitable for dueling me in a regular arena match, with overhealth and all abilities in play. No consumables of course.

Should the Commandant succeed in defeating me, I'll take it as that I still need to become stronger, and gladly join the Brigade. If not, then I will have to decline.

Note: Even if I decline I would still like to remain an ally to AB, as to all guilds. Should that result come to pass you and any other members are still free to call upon me should you need my assistance. Whether you make that into something official or not is up to you and the others.

This was the message he sent to his good friend a few moment ago before he arrived in the arena, giving a small sigh. It was only recently that he had returned back from the sixth floor from his intense training session, aiming to hopefully become a bit stronger in light of the fact that so many of the frontliners had followed up on the rumors from the Scout Broker which apparently could lead to unique skills. In fact, his fiancee was also taking on one such mission.

Swiping on his menu he made sure all of his gear was equipped, preparing himself for the battle to come, "No matter what results from this battle, I'm going to give it everything I've got. This is more than some deciding factor to my guild affiliation. I want to find how just how I match up against a Commandant of the supposedly strongest guild currently active in Aincrad. The only question now is who they've decided to send."

Edited by Calrex

Just before entering the arena Ssendom used one of his Bloodrage Potions and the last of his newly crafted Steak Kabob's, he would not go easy on the opponent he was about to face. Ssendom walked into the arena with his weapon laying across his two shoulders, Azure Commandant's Pendant dangling from his neck. He was given the necklace by Zelrius as a representation of the Azure Brigade's Commandants, any official battle with one of the Commandants would have the necklace adorned on their neck. Amethyst was standing on the blade side that aimed to the sky with a Prideful Stance, the bird new this match was actually an important one by the seriousness that Ssendom had when entering the arena. His helmet was set to invisible so the two would be able to see each other eye to eye in the midst of combat.

It was fitting in more than one way that Ssendom would be the one to accept Calrex's declaration of combat with one of the Azure Members in more than one way. He was the newest Commandant and had to prove his strength to one of the strongest players in all of Aincrad, and the fact that he and Calrex were also rather close friends. Upon reaching just mere feet away from the Ultramarine Knight, the Slayer of the Forsaken Crusader lifted then stabbed Gram into the ground. Amethyst accomodated this and flew over to the edge of the arena as the bird would not participate in the match as it would be a battle of might.

Ssendom placed both hands on the pommel of the blade as he looked at his friend, who was in a moment about to become his foe. "Calrex, the Ultramarine Knight. You have challenged the Commandants of the Azure Brigade and I am here to formally accept your Declaration of Combat. I will emphasize that this does not mean that you must accept the Guild Invitation on Defeat or Victory, but I will respect your decision no matter what." He said proudly though it sounded completely rehearsed as if he expected to be fighting in the arena soon enough. "Before we clash blades, I will leave it to you to use any buffs for I have used them before coming into the match. You can also choose what rules we use for this match. I will ask personally that we do not use our strongest sword arts to avoid accidentally slaying the other player, I propose that we don't use any sword arts above Rank Three. You may reject this and put your own rule to which I will automatically accept. I will not hold back for you though good friend." He finished stating and awaited his Good Friend's response, once he finished talking the invisible settings of the helmet dispersed and the Hydra's Skull was resting upon his head.

(OOC: I also propose we do LD to decide first attack. I also propose we use equal arena health but this is a choice 200 for each of us, but you can decline this your choice.)

Stats for Combat:

15 Damage (1 Base, 1 Athletics, 5 Skill, 2 Weapon, 3 Damage Potion, 3 Damage Food)
3 Accuarcy (1 Skill, 2 Pendant)
-1 Evasion [+1 to hit for you] (2 Pendant, -3 Damage Food)
2 Heavy Momentum (2 Weapon) +2 damage after a miss [Stackable]
21 Mitigation (15 Skill, 6 Skull)
6 Thorns (6 Skull)
[If you wish me to state any other stat, please let me know.]

OOC: The standard 300 with 200 being the cutoff sounds good. Also LD is fine as well.

ID: 37421
Loot Dice: 17

As the person the Azure Brigade had chosen entered Calrex gave a small sigh, looking over to see that it was actually the person that had extended him the invitation to the guild in the first place, Ssendom. Looking as the man hefted an extremely large sword over his shoulders he gave a small sigh before putting on his friendly face, "Heh, it looks like you finally got your unique skill huh? Sorry for giving you such a roundabout answer to your invite Dom. I appreciate that you're still giving me a way out no matter the duel's result. However, for me this is more than just a deciding factor in my guild affiliation. I want to gauge how strong I am compared to the other frontliners. In a way I appreciate that you've been chosen to battle me, as I feel that we can bring out the most of each other's strength. Should I lose this fight, it's a sign that I've still got much to learn, skills and lessons that I might be able to pick up while serving in the Brigade."

Swiping on his menu he acknowledged Ssendom's offer to use a consummable, opting to use one of the two Matriarch's Stingers from his inventory. Jabbing it into his arm he felt the item take effect as his strength gained a very slight boost. "Sure, if you prefer we can stick to Rank 3 Sword Arts. Using our most powerful techniques will only just throw off the balance. I'm sure that gigantic sword of yours can do more than enough damage with a single swing. Nonetheless, I wouldn't have it any other way. Let's give this fight everything we've got."

Spoiler

Calrex Stats:
Battle HP: 300 (Drop to 100 for loss/victory)
Energy: 46
DMG: 11 (+1 from Matriarch's Stinger)
ACC: 3
EVA: 4
MIT: 40

Abilities:
Rank 1-3 Straight Sword Arts
Charge
Parry
Meditation
Howl
Disguise

Stepping forward he placed his hand on the arena's crystal, seeing the overhealth appear next to his regular HP bar. Looking over he gave a friendly smirk as he took a few steps back. Looking upwards Roc appeared in the sky, hovering overhead.

"Alright everything is set...Now..."

"Okay Ssendom, if you're all set..."

Giving a calming breath the Ultramarine Knight removed both his scabbard and sword from the back of his hip, tossing aside the sheath as he flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip. His aura seemed to change from his easygoing persona to one of fierce power, almost like the calm before a storm. Underneath the Grand Chariot: Legacy's emotionless helmet his eyes dimmed slightly as his focused self took over.

Calrex_Fierce.png

"...let's do this..."

Edited by Calrex

(Editing)

ID: 37435 LD: 10 (You go first)

Ssendom ripped the Greatsword Gram out of the ground and touched the crystal for the first arena combat of all time. As the overhealth appeared over his health for the arena allowed portion. Ssendom had no more words, they were no longer friends until the conclusion of the match they were bitter enemies and one had to be the victor over the other. He leveled his blade sideways to himself, this would be the first real test of the strength of the Berserker Skill. He pressed his foot into the ground to prepare for the fight as the timer began over the heads of the two players, although no one was in the arena to watch the fight this would be one of the most intense duels in the history of Aincrad.

WFqa Vc0

"... Let's do this..."

OOC: Hehe nice pic dude XD. It is too bad everyone's gonna miss it IC :P
Edit: Hehe I saw the Skype chat.

Btw when you mean 6 Thorns, do you mean the damage or the level of enhancement? XD

IC:

ID: 37438
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -1) = 8
Sword Art <<Star Quint Prominence>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 35 Remaining)

Calrex couldn't help but give a small smirk as he saw Ssendom put on his game face, staring down the Ultramarine Knight with an expression just like his "Dreadnaught" self-title. Looking up at the stands they were certainly empty for the most part, but as he continued scanning he saw one single person there: A familiar blonde figure that he would have guessed would be observing the fight.

As the timer ticked down to zero he gave a calming breath, closing his eyes before reopening them. Immediately he followed the strategy he followed for many of his past battles, stunning his opponent in order to gain two hits in a row.

His opening attack was an old Stun Sword Art he hadn't used in a long time, <<Star Quint Prominence>>. The Grand Blade seemed to reflect the ferocity of Calrex's attack as the normally light blue aura of the skill seemed to be tinged with waves of a deeper dark blue. Flying forward he quickly closed the distance to his opponent, executing the attack. His slashes drew the skeleton of a five point star as the attack completed.

However, as he did suddenly Calrex saw Ssendom's armor lash back at him, a familiar enhancement he had equipped in the past, "Thorns..." The spikes struck his own armor as he quietly endured the attack before leaping back, putting some distance between him and his temporarily stunned opponent.

"Alright, now to hit as hard as I can..."

Battle HP List
Calrex: 294/300 (-6 Thorns DMG)
   Energy: 39/46 (-9)
Ssendom: 249/300 (11+1 DMG * 6 Art - 21 MIT = 51 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

(The Evasion loss will hurt me in the end. But worth it to see your damage output. And it's 6 thorn damage. I checked with Zero before you ask about Amethyst healing me since it takes a post action. But the pet can do an action to take mine over even if I were stunned.)

Ssendom stood and took the attack head on, he didn't even bother to try and dodge as he wasn't afraid of the damage that Calrex could do. The man used a pure stun to start the match off which was appropriate for the battle, the only way to keep Ssendom from being able to retaliate was to keep him stunned in stuck in place. He wasn't able to move an inch, but he could still move his lips. He noticed that Roc was still assisting the Ultramarine Knight in aiming his attacks due to the shared focus, thus Ssendom grinned knowing Calrex had never witnessed what Amethyst actually could do.

Amethyst darted off the side of the wall towards it's master, once it reached the Dreadnought it enveloped him in a purple flame restoring the Ebony Armored Knight's health back up a little amount since only Ssendom himself was stunned. The action was triggered by a whistle from Ssendom, and Amethyst was responding in record timing. The bird then lifted into the air some to stay out of range from Calrex and was perceptive enough to react to if Roc was to engage the phoenix whelp. "You aren't the only one who's pet is useful in the midst of combat. Eagle Eye." He stated in a sort of aggressive manner to keep Calrex on his toes.

'Now he's going to do a focused full damage attack, I can't wait to see how strongly he unleashes it.' Dom thought to himself.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 294/300
   Energy: 39/46
Ssendom: 264/300 (+ 15 HP | Stunned)
   Energy: 31/31

OOC: Nah I figured. Oikawa had the same thing happen in our previous duel XD. I'll keep the Thorns damage in mind.

IC:

ID: 37444
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -1) = 6 (That negative to evasion is really handy XD)
Sword Art <<Star Quint Prominence>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 31 Remaining)

Calrex brought his arm back, as if he were preparing the <<Meteor Break>> technique, but then stopped as he reminded himself that the two fighters had agreed to use only up to Rank 3 Sword Arts, meaning that <<Star Quint Prominence>> was his currently most powerful attack. Giving a quick sigh to himself he refocused as he charged forward once again at the Dreadnaught, reactivating his technique. If it was one of the few things that the Ultramarine Knight had going for him, it was that his high level gave him an extremely large reserve of energy compared to most of the other frontliners. Health also came with that accolade, but in a battle like this that factor was insignificant.

As the glowing multi-shaded blue blade came into striking range the bluenette unleashed yet another series of attacks on his brunette opponent, tracing the star shape in the air once again. This time, since the stun effect was starting to wear off, the ailment didn't retrigger. Leaping back he felt the Thorns damage effect his health once again. "Now should be about the time that Ssendom is able to move again. Let's see what that unique skill can do."

Battle HP List
Calrex: 288/300 (-6 Thorns DMG)
   Energy: 31/46 (-9+1)
Ssendom: 219/300 (11 DMG * 6 Art - 21 MIT = 45 DMG / Stun End)
   Energy: 31/31

ID: 37451
BD: 7 - 1 = 6

The stun finally ended as Calrex landed another strike into Ssendom chunking away a lot of what Ssendom recovered and then some, he noticed his friend was going to use his strongest sword art as he saw the blade begin to glow one color then completely changed back to the sword-art he had just used, 'Confirmed, that strike is Calrex's strongest attack.' Ssendom thought to himself with using his observation during the stun.

He immediately dashed towards Calrex before he could land on the ground, 'The sword art is weak, but I don't need it for the damage. I need to apply the stun since his evasion will prove to be a nuisance, it'll allow me to unleash maximum damage upon him.' He thought to himself again, he was actually quite intelligent when it came to mid combat strategy.

Just before Calrex landed Ssendom cleaved his sword downward with a small green aura enveloping his blade. "Avalanche." He said in a cool calm manner. The same effect that had become of Ssendom now held Calrex in it's Clutches. Calrex was immobilized and unable to move. It was a basic sword art so the damage was nullified, but it hid the fact that Ssendom's health actually increased even if it were by a mere percent, small enough that it was undetectable.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 287/300 (Stunned for 1 Turn | -1 HP)
   Energy: 31/46
Ssendom: 220/300 (+1 HP)
   Energy: 27/31 -4

ID: 37456
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -1) = 7 (Disregarded Due to Stun)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 32 Remaining)

Before Calrex could prepare himself his opponent was upon him as Ssendom unleashed an, actually fairly underwhelming attack on him. But as the Stun effect took place he deduced what the brunette was up to. The attack was merely for the Stun effect. The Ultramarine Knight's strength was in his high stats for all of his gear, one of those being evasion. Being paralyzed nullifed any ability to dodge he had, leaving him susceptible to a powerful blow without any form of retaliation.

"Heh, I should have expected Dom to play this smart with a fierce hand. I don't think he's even tapped into the power of that unique skill just yet. Better brace myself for a potential loss here."

A smirk crossed his lips for a second as he looked up at the Dreadnaught with eyes of determination, ready for the man's next attack. He had prepared himself for either outcome of the battle, but as he had openly stated at the beginning of their battle, this was a test as well as a duel for his guild affiliation. If unique skills were that much of a power booster, he knew he would have some serious training ahead of him.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 287/300 (Stunned)
   Energy: 32/46 (+1)
Ssendom: 220/300
   Energy: 27/31

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37458
BD: 8 + 3 = 8(11) Hit

Ssendom knew that even with stun parameters he would unlikely clear a critical strike, due in part to natural reflexes to protect one's own body by preparing to be hit in a spot on the body mentally. He would save his even stronger move for such a time when Calrex couldn't predict the location of where he would strike. His blade glowed a faint gray then swung his weapon mightily missing Calrex as the Dreadnought spun, but before a sigh of relief could happen the blade tip came into Calrex with Ssendom's back facing the Ultramarine knight lodging deep into the man's Chest.

It was here that the Unique Passive of Berserker could be seen as he chunked a slim bit off Calrex's health bar causing Ssendom's health to slowly rise in the same course of action. Ssendom grinned seeing his hp rise, even if it were ever so slight. He didn't need large numbers to make things important, all he needed was small numbers. He had a feeling that Calrex would win this duel one way or another, but Ssendom was having fun just trading blow for blow against the Ultramarine Knight.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 252/300 (Stun End | -35(75) HP)
   Energy: 31/46
Ssendom: 227/300 (+7 HP)
   Energy: 23/31 -5 + 1

ID: 37459
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -1) = 9
Sword Art <<Star Quint Prominence>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 23 Remaining)

As Ssendom's technique struck into his immobilized avatar Calrex quietly absorbed the blow, as if the cold persone he had brought under control had seemed to seep through, forcefully keeping his body from flinching. Nonetheless the bluenette made note of the increase in health that the Dreadnaught gained after the strike, "Must be a part of the unique skill. That vampiric effect would certainly be useful in solo combat, when you don't have time to dedicate to healing."

Feeling the Stun effect wear off he quickly sprung to his feet, flying forward as he immediately reactivated <<Star Quint Prominence>>, unleashing the trio of blows one again on his opponent, carving the light blue skeleton of a five point star in the air. As the attack completed he suspected that it would still take a few more seconds before his attack would trigger a Stun effect once again.

Taking a few steps back he lowered himself into his fighting stance as he prepared for Ssendom's retaliatory attack, keeping himself focused. His breathing remained steady as his shoulders slowly rose and fell, the Grand Blade remaining on target even tough the rest of his body was loose and moving.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 246/300 (-6 Thorns DMG)
   Energy: 23/46 (-9+1)
Ssendom: 182/300 (11 DMG * 6 Art - 21 MIT = 45 DMG)
   Energy: 23/31

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37460
BD: 6 - 1 + 1 Concentration = 6 Hit

Calrex was definitely going to be the victor of the restrained battle portion they were having, he was curious if the Ultramarine Knight would like to step it up a notch into another round of fighting after this with less restraint. And again even more so after that, Ssendom didn't exactly like the idea of holding back completely but he thought about it before the fight and it would produce a possibly more fair battle scenario. He didn't care if he would win or lose as the battle didn't matter to him specifically, but he knew it mattered to Calrex so that was all that mattered.

After Calrex was hitting with a slew of strikes, Ssendom needed to use his concentration to keep up due to the difference in Speed. The level disparity between the two was still over ten levels at least with the amount of points Calrex had placed into his skills, mathimatically judging by the non mitigation armor and basic stats he could gander. He would assume Calrex was at least around 43 give or take a few levels. He knew the man could use Meteor break which took two ranks in martial arts, and had various skills that were expensive to say the least. This was an uphill battle for the Dreadnought, and he gave his ally even more benefit with the reduction in his evasion. Nevertheless he cleaved into Calrex with another Backrush with the help of his Concentration replenishing some of his lost life. He expected a stun to come up next, so he had Amethyst ready in waiting to heal him again.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 211/300 -35(75)
   Energy: 23/46
Ssendom: 189/300 (+7)
   Energy: 19/31 (-5 + 1)

OOC: Forgot to take into account Thorns from my last post. Updated my health to be accurate.

ID: 37461
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -1) = 13 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Star Quint Prominence>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 15 Remaining)

As Calrex felt yet another strike from Ssendom connect he quickly absorbed the attack before activating <<Star Quint Prominence>> once again. The battle was definitely one that the bluenette would take to heart. He had fought alongside the man who called himself the Dreadnaught many times in the past, but never did he have the honor or pleasure to face the brunette head-to-head. There was much he learned from this duel with Aincrad's top two-handed sword wielder, and with the healing ability the man now possessed the term Berserker would certainly also be accurate.

His three strikes ripped through the air once again, falling on his opponent as he saw the Stun effect trigger once again. He could already figure that unless Ssendom had another technique up his sleeve, the battle was likely his. Nonetheless, even though he decided that he would decline the man's offer should he gain victory, that didn't mean that the two would lose contact. Having a strong ally and good friend was a rare thing in this world.

"Looks like this battle is coming to a close Dom, but if you still want we can go a few more rounds. I want to see that skill of your at full strength. So the next couple rounds let's not pull our punches and come at each other with everything we've got."

Battle HP List
Calrex: 205/300 (-6 Thorns DMG)
   Energy: 15/46 (-9+1)
Ssendom: 138/300 (12 DMG * 6 Art - 21 MIT = 51 DMG / Stunned Until Next Turn)
   Energy: 19/31

Edited by Calrex

Having being stunned again, Ssendom wouldn't be defeated without having plans already set for when he got low on HP. He whistled again but this time it had a different tone to it, Ssendom had planned for if he was losing this match. The phoenix darted straight into Ssendom's backside  then was enveloped in flame restoring a portion of missing health. Ssendom grinned He cackled knowing Calrex had much higher stats "You better no hold back on me boy, I expect no mercy!"

Battle HP List
Calrex: 205/300
   Energy: 15/46
Ssendom: 153/300 (+15 Health Amethyst, Stunned)
   Energy: 20/31 (+1)

ID: 37462
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -1) = 10
Sword Art <<Star Quint Prominence>> (9 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 6 Remaining)

Calrex couldn't help but give a smirk as the man stunned in front of him healed up some more health, speaking to the bluenette, "Heh, aren't we about the same age? In any case you're right. I have no intention of holding back, well, as much as I can under our set conditions."

Unleashing <<Star Quint Prominence>> once again he slashed rapidly three times, tracing the skeletal star with the Grand Blade alight with the light and dark blue radiating aura once again. Completing his barrage he saw Ssendom's health drop to a few points shy of the duel limit. At the same time he saw that his energy was also at extremely low levels, "Man, this is a tough fight. If we had allowed consumables it's likely I would have lost the battle a long time ago. From what I remember Dom's always got some healing potions on him at all times, and being in this duel wouldn't be and different from any other battle."

Taking a few steps back the Ultramarine Knight gave a calming breath, preparing for Ssendom's attack. There was only one attack he could use that could possibly take out the rest of his opponent's health.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 199/300 (-6 Thorns DMG)
   Energy: 7/46 (-9+1)
Ssendom: 108/300 (11 DMG * 6 Art -  21 MIT = 45 DMG / Stun End)
   Energy: 20/31

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom knew that Calrex didn't have much of a chance to miss his attack, but it didn't matter Ssendom had to take the chance that the Ultramarine Knight might miss his attack so Amethyst breathed it's healing flaming upon the Dreadnought as he prepared for the upcoming attack, "Another fight where we pull back the limiters sounds good to me." He said as he stood up and dropped his Greatsword upon his shoulder, there wasn't much of a chance he could pull out the battle from here. He knew when he was going to be defeated on this attack, and he wanted another fight with the Ultramarine Knight since it was actually a good fight.

Battle HP List
Calrex: 199/300
   Energy: 7/46
Ssendom: 123/300 (+15 hp)
   Energy: 21/31

ID: 37502
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion -1) = 13 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Vorpal Strike>> Activated (5 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 3 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as he activated <<Vorpal Strike>>. Since <<Star Quint Prominence>> was too much energy at the moment it was the currently most powerful Sword Art available. Flying forward his Grand Blade glowed with the pulsing yellow aura of his attack he pierced Ssendom in the shoulder, watching as the duel health for the Dreadnaught dropped below the limit. The window calling for victory appeared in front of him as he gave a sigh, stepping back before going down on one knee due to his low energy levels.

"Great match Dom. I've really learned a lot facing you. Once we're both recovered up let's get another battle started."

"Still...did this battle really show how far I've come in comparison? We've pulled our punches for this entire battle..."

Battle HP List
Calrex: 199/300
   Energy: 3/46 (-5+1)
Ssendom: 84/300 (11+1 DMG * 5 Art - 21 MIT = 39 DMG) (Duel Limit Reached)
   Energy: 21/31

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom chuckled when the duel parameters had been reached signifying Ssendom's loss. He stretched his arms after impaling the Greatsword into the ground, "I agree to another battle with taking the limiters down to Rank 4 skills allowed. This time I won't give you the benefit of the evasion reduction. And if you had trouble with beating me, just remember; I am still currently weaker than Tristan and Zelrius by a long shot." He finished saying, laughing a little bit as he felt his competitiveness starting to take over, "Thankfully the rules were we do not use consumeables, I had already done my research on you and knew you wouldn't have healing crystals ready for combat. I would have ended up the victor of our battle if I could use my consumeables due to strategy. But you won rhe match fair and sqaure and I applaud you for excellent match." He mentioned to him before ending his statement he praised Calrex, "It is true that you're the strongest Solo player in all of Aincrad at this current moment. And you would be stronger if you possessed unique equipment yourself." He moved inbetween Calrex and Gram then sat down leaning on thw Greasword that had blood permanently stained upon the weapon, "Again I am always down for another match if you're still not convinced if you want to join or not. But the decision is still yours regardless of the match."

(2 Posts Remaining Until Full Energy Recovery)

As the battle ended Calrex slumped his shoulders as he felt the fiercer side of himself start to subside. Piercing the Grand Blade into the ground he gave a friendly smile that he always shows, "I would definitely be up for another match. While Rank 3 seemed to be a decently fair match in terms of our health, I feel like it didn't fully prove whether I've become strong enough to continue operating as a solo player. Rank 4, or even 5 would definitely expose that to me. I've heard about the strength that Zelrius and Tristan possess now. Honestly I would prefer not to have fought them in a match like this, as it would either be over so fast that I couldn't gauge my strength, or so slow that I would forfeit because I wasn't able to learn anything about my skills. It's fortunate that you were chosen."

Hearing Ssendom's strategy the bluenette could help but give a laugh, "Yeah, unfortunately I guess that's one of my shortcomings. Call me stingy or cocky, but it's been a while since I've had to use a healing potion in battle, but I'm sure as we progress into the higher floors I should start keeping more on hand. If I had allowed them this battle would have likely been your victory, as my energy levels would have likely depleted before I brought you down to the limit. As for uniques, I would like to eventually gain either a unique set of gear or even a skill like yourself. I guess that maybe this is some way of the game saying I'm just not ready for them yet."

Giving a friendly smirk he shook his head, "Well I'm sure a lot of people say that I'm the strongest solo, well, of course I would have to agree with Teayre. At best I'm the strongest duo with her by my side. Whatever faults in my battle tactics I have she usually easily fills in for. Not to sound cheesy, but I guess the way I've grown it really is only half of the whole."

Dropping down into a sitting position he crossed his legs, with his right knee facing towards the sky while his left leg tucked underneath, parallel to the ground, "In any case, let's let our energy fully recover before the next battle. Let's do two more before the final decision, one at Rank 4 and another where we go all out at Rank 5. I'm not fully sure how your unique skill works, but I would allow it in the final fight as well."

Edited by Calrex

Ssendom had a good belly laugh when Calrex said he would allow the use of the unique skill to be in effect during their all out match, "Sorry, I didn't mean it rude and targeted. In a general sense, it is impossible to deactivate the Berserker Unique Skill. It rages theough me as if my blood itsef were literally on fire, and just as these bloodrages potions create rage through chemicals that react with the natural body physiology. It creates a whirlwind of excitement and craze, luckily I always embraced the rage and have learned to hone my rage with the focus on a target then just going hog wild." His laughter slowly died off in his speech as it slowly became an intellectual bit of information before the prideful ton took the finish. Ssendom was just ready for the next fight, but he wanted a fair fight where tactics or brute strength were used. Not one of taking advantage of the lack of energy his opponent currently possessed, "We will slowly release our limiters, but I am going to say. The last match is a proof of our capabilities as a solo player, you can't rely on someone covering your back that isn't a pet. So I will use my consumeables for it, but with our rediculous damage output it shouldn't be an issue to utilize them since the equivilancy of damage and health gained would be vastly different." He warned his friend.