SP - F12 A Single Blade In The Night (Echos of the Mind Part 2)

ID: 37833
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +4) = -3
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 12 Remaining)

As the deers attempted to charge once again Calrex gave a small sigh as he saw his energy only climb a small bit once again, "I've really got to look into something that can maybe allow my energy to recover faster. These kinds of battles get drawn out because of it, and that increases my chances of getting killed. Enemies don't need to recover after all."

"Just a little further..."

HP List
Calrex: 189/189
   Energy: 12/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
40/150
Rotting Zambie 2: 40/150
Rotting Zambie 3: 40/150
Rotting Zambie 4: 40/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37836
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +4) = 1
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 13 Remaining)

Weaving through yet another barrage of undead deer attacks Calrex dropped low and rolled out of the way, making sure he didn't get trampled in the process. Springing to his feet he flicked the Grand Blade into a hammer grip as he turned back to face the creatures, his eyes trained on them as his brows furrowed. His eyes also partially squinted due to his motion, giving his face a menacing appearance, one that he had not assumed ever in the past. However, it was unclear if this was an actual emotional response or a face he merely assumed.

"One more bar...then I can counterattack..."

HP List
Calrex: 189/189
   Energy: 13/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
40/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37837
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +4) = 5 (+1 Damage)

As Calrex went into a crouching stance aiming to activate <<Lightning Fall>> he suddenly saw the four deers were upon him, taking yet another series of chunks out of his avatar. Gritting his teeth he kicked them off before giving a calming breath, "I won't be able to destroy them with a regular strike. I need to wait for the best opening to land a critical hit."

Taking a few steps back the Ultramarine Knight gave a calming breath as his eyes seemed to dim further. Only a few people would take note of this occurrence, as it was the old representation of his cold persona taking over. It was highly possible that he had begun losing his control over it, or it was also possible he was forcefully channeling it rather than harmonizing with it.

HP List
Calrex: 185/189 (36+1(4) DMG - 40(4) = 4 Minimum Damage)
   Energy: 14/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
40/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37838
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 15 Remaining)

"Come on...I've got enough energy..."

Leaping upwards Calrex dodged yet another series of attacks from the deer as he ascended into the sky. Descending he tried to activate <<Lightning Fall>>, but as he looked in surprise he saw that the electrical charge didn't build into the Grand Blade. In fact it seemed like even though he had more and sufficient stores for the attack, the system didn't trigger the Sword Art.

"What in the world?"

Landing on the ground he quickly flipped backwards to regain some distance between him and the undead creatures, looking down at his sword once again, "It didn't respond? I wonder if this is some lingering effect from my battle with Gemini. Did I lose my resolve for a second there?"

HP List
Calrex: 185/189
   Energy: 15/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
40/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37839
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +4) = 6 (+2 Damage)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 16 Remaining)

Before Calrex could get to his feet and prepare for another attack the undead deer were upon him once again, this time a couple of them running him over and trampling him before biting a chunk out of his character. Gritting his teeth the bluenette shoved them once again, getting back to his feet as he gave a calming breath.

"Even if I could activate the Sword Art right now...I wouldn't be able to land a critical hit. Guess I might not get a chance to self-reflect after this battle. Well then...why did I just lose my resolve? What happened?"

Keeping his eyes on his opponents Calrex gave a sigh as he prepared himself for another attack, "Was it what I discussed with him? Or is it the fact that I'm being so hard on myself for things that are likely out of my control? That desire for strength...I need it to keep Teayre safe. To burn twice as bright, stand by her side, whatever thing I decide to do...I need strength to do so..."

HP List
Calrex: 181/189 (36+2(4) DMG - 40(4) MIT = 4 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 16/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
40/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37840
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 17 Remaining)

"...so that's what I was worried about. It wasn't just the fact that I don't have a way to relate to her past...it's that I'm doubting whether I'm strong enough anymore to stand by her side. I'm worried that if I don't stay strong...that I'll lose her."

Dodging out of the way of another series of attacks Calrex gave a small smirk and laugh, his free hand reaching up to cover part of his face, "Tch...what kind of childish logic is that..."

Lowering his hand Calrex looked at the deer in front of him, extending the Grand Blade towards them, "Sorry I've been distracted. Let's get this over with. I've got a message to send and a fiancee to meet up with."

HP List
Calrex: 181/189
   Energy: 17/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
40/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37841
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Item Usage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +4) = 4
Matriarch's Stinger Used (+1 to DMG for Battle) / (1 Energy Recovered / 18 Remaining)

Giving a sigh Calrex dodged yet another close series of blows from the deer, swiping on his menu, "I've been holding back on using this, since it's the last one I've got, but if I'm going to get a better shot at this I need to use it now..."

Producing the Matriach's Stinger from his inventory Calrex quickly grasped it, jamming it into his shoulder as he felt the item's ability take effect. While not to the degree of the damage potions he had used from Clarence in the past, the stinger did increase his strength, allowing him to hit harder than before. Looking forward he twirled the Grand Blade as he tightened his grip, "Maybe if doesn't matter if I make it out or not. I promised that at the least I would make sure she made it out alive. If I can accomplish that, maybe it'll be enough..."

HP List
Calrex: 181/189
   Energy: 18/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
40/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37842
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +4) = 6 (+2 Damage)
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 19 Remaining)

Before Calrex could dodge the deers managed to launch onto his limbs once again, chomping down as they left more marks on his person. Giving a calming breath the bluenette shrugged off the blows, the mitigation from his Heavy Armor skill making sure he only took minimum damage from the bites. "These guys just aren't going to quit..."

Stepping a few paces back the Ultramarine Knight readied his strike as his grip tightened on the Grand Blade once again, "I'm going to end this..."

HP List
Calrex: 177/189 (36+2 (4) DMG - 40(4) MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 19/46 (+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
40/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 37843
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +4) = -3
Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2 / +1 Item) = 13 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 6 Remaining)

Leaping skywards Calrex readied the Grand Blade, looking at it for a second as his brows furrowed before he looked downwards. As the lightning energy began to build up into the sword the bluenette released something he had never done in the past: A battle cry. The white of his teeth could be seen as he yelled at the top of his lungs, as if all of the frustration he had kept pent up was being released. The echoing noise that resonated almost seemed to borderline the monstrous roar that his armor normally produced when he used his <<Howl>> skill.

At the same time the <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art build up to its maximum, the electrical energy crackling off of his sword as if it were going to explode off of his blade. Reaching the ground Calrex continued his fierce roar as his sword impaled the earth, the bolts of lightning streaking out before slamming into each of the deers, instantly obliterating them as each dissipated into crystals.

With his attack complete Calrex's battle cry faded out as he remained still for a second, heavily breathing as his chest rose and fell with each breath. His face was shadowed by his hair before he slowly switched to a reverse grip, flicking the blade to the side as he swiped on his inventory, reproducing the Grand Blade's sheath as he placed the sword back in its scabbard. Falling silent the Ultramarine Knight began to head back towards Lazaro.

Loot List:
4 Materials
Bonus Loot: 3000 col (Mob HP 150(4) * 5 col = 3000 col)

HP List
Calrex: 177/189
   Energy: 6/46 (-14+1)

Enemies:
Rotting Zambie 1:
 0/150 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 37 MIT = 40 DMG)
Rotting Zambie 2: 0/150 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 37 MIT = 40 DMG)
Rotting Zambie 3: 0/150 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 37 MIT = 40 DMG)
Rotting Zambie 4: 0/150 (10+1 DMG * 7 Art - 37 MIT = 40 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

To: Teayre

From Calrex:

Subject: On The Way Back

Hey Teayrie, I just finished my training and am making my way back now.

Hey...sorry if I worried you at all. I guess I've been feeling like I'm falling behind ever since everyone seemed to have gone after their unique skills. I'm guessing it got to my head. I'm just glad I didn't go and lose my head completely over it. No matter what happens, just know that I'm doing to do whatever I can to make sure you make it out of this death game. I'm going to protect you, like I promised. I love you.

After sending that message Calrex gave a small sigh as he arrived back in Lazaro, heading straight towards the teleportation circle, "I'm going to need some serious rest after this..."

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
  • Monster Loot:
    • Battle 1: 2 Material + 2000 col
    • Battle 2: 1 Material + 750 col
    • Battle 3: 4 Material + 3000 col
Edited by Calrex