[PP-F5] <<The Traveler>> Caravan Cargo

Teion tapped the toes of her boots lightly against the wooden floorboards beneath her. She was sitting in the back of a camel-drawn caravan with her friends--the red-haired twin Endilix brothers--and acquaintance, Hans. Teion was finally taking Endilix up on their deal to do a quest together, and for the one she decided upon they had figured the bigger the party, the better. An NPC woman covered in a large cloak sat away from them, remaining silent until they reached their destination. Teion pulled up her menu, reviewing the quest details. "So we have the find it in a day..." Teion said quietly, more to herself than the rest of the group. Closing the screen in front of her, she looked up at the rest of the players sitting with her. "Thanks again for agreeing to go with me! This would've been a hard one to solo." She smiled.

Emerath sat back against the wood of the wagon they were riding in across the sands. His eyes were closed, and he had honestly been drifting off for most of the ride, seeing as he barely got any sleep as it were. There was a point during the caravan ride that Emerath found himself leaning against his brother's shoulder. Endilix had ended up shrugging him off and Emerath just gave his brother a pat on the arm and an apology. I really need to get better sleep at night. There are just too many things to do... he thought to himself as he snapped awake from what felt like his fourth or fifth time dozing off in the past hour. He gave a yawn as he heard Teion speak and said, "I wouldn't have missed something like this for the world. You know that." He smiled and tried his best not to look completely exhausted. Emerath's owl, Mist, sat on his shoulder, and would occasionally make soft hooting noises when she realized that her master was asleep.

Edited by Emerath

Endilix never was one for long car rides in real life. This situation was no different. He'd always get antsy, want to get up, stretch his legs, and run around. He wanted to go on this quest with his friends, but traveling was not an especially favorite thing of his. He looked to his companions, two welcome, one rather unknown to him. Endilix nodded to Teion as she spoke, and once Emerath had finished speaking said, "I'm happy to be of service. Besides, I promised didn't I? I'm just glad that we can all get use out of this one." He chuckled and looked over at the blue haired man, who was the only person to not have spoken so far. Endilix approached the subject and said, "I believe Emerath requested you come along, correct? You must be rather trusted by my brother as a Dapper Rogue if he would invite you along for a quest between close friends."

• 3 weeks later...

Hans held a simple pack of rations in one of his hands, munching away on what looked like a piece of bread. He glanced lazily between the other passengers until the armored man spoke directly to him. The man grinned, finally speaking up. "Mm, Emerath and I are buddies, nya!" He stated simply, taking another large bite and speaking through the virtual food. "I couldn't turn up the chance to do a group quest." He glanced back to the snowy owl perched on Emerath's shoulder with intrigue, though his messy hair still hid his eyes.

--Field Rations: +2 Max HP for thread duration--

Edited by Hans

The caravan rocked a bit and she got the feeling they were getting close to their destination. 'I wonder if they're just going to drop us off in the middle of the desert...' She wasn't too sure on the quest details, just that they had to search the desert for cargo and that the environment was going to be pretty harsh. She wasn't even confident if there would be combat or not, but she was glad Endilix had agreed to come along. If there were any monsters on this quest, she felt safer having him around as a strong tank. She cocked her head slightly as Hans finally spoke in reply to Endilix's comment, but remained quiet herself.

As their ride gave another small lurch, she could feel them coming to a stop. "Alright, we're here!" Teion heard an NPC woman call out, and a figure briefly revealed itself from the front of the wagon. "This is the last place the cargo was seen. You only have one day to locate it before the storm gets out of hand. Thank you for accepting this mission." The woman bowed her head lightly, allowing them to leave the safety of the vehicle.

Emerath gave a nod to the NPC and his companions as he said, "Well, let's get started then. This chest isn't going to find itself." As Emerath stepped off the caravan, he was immediately buffeted by the heavy winds of the desert and the baking heat. He immediately regretted the fact that he wore heavier clothing due to living on the fourth floor as the heat practically began to bake him in his coat. He gave a huff as he loosened his dress shirt and tie. He couldn't very well take off his coat, as that provided him stat bonuses, so he would simply have to endure. Though, he had a feeling the heat wasn't the only thing he would have to endure, as he shielded his face from the sand. However, despite it all, Emerath happened to notice an odd looking gem sitting in the sand, and he walked over, while his other companions disembarked, picking it up. "Huh. Diamond in the rough. Good start. Not the chest we need, but good start." Mist sat on his shoulder and looked at the odd gem before Emerath pocketed it, and simply gave a hoot of, what he could only assume, was agreement.

Additional Notes

• ID: 40690
  • CD: 4 (No Sandstorm Damage)
  • LD: 18 + 3 (21) (+1 Crafting Material) (1)
Edited by Emerath

Emerath was the first to disembark, and he wasn't surprised to get off the caravan to find his brother distracted by what appeared to be a shiny gem in the sand. He shook his head, scanning the area for the chest, and not for trinkets, though Endilix knew it just wouldn't be that easy to find the chest right in the area where they had been dropped off. Endilix was surprisingly comfortable in the heat, as the armor he was wearing, an aptly named "Armor of the Sands" seemed very well suited to the heat. It allowed his body to breathe well in the blazing sun, as the plates shifted around his body when he moved. He did a bit of stretching, getting feeling back in his legs before he turned back to Teion and Hans, offering his hand to Teion to assist her off of the caravan.

Additional Notes

• ID: 40691
  • CD: 11 (No Sandstorm Damage)
  • LD: 11 (No Materials)
Edited by Endilix
  • ID#: 41158
  • CD: 4 (no sandstorm damage)
  • LD: 12 (no loot)

Hans finished the rest of the Field Rations item, glad for the increase to his health. He was going to need it out here. As the caravan slowed to a halt and the other passengers began getting off, he stretched his legs before standing and lazily climbing down to the sandy desert floor. He winced as the wind batted around them, throwing loose sand at the party. He heaved a sigh, grumbling under his breath. Taking a quick look at the others, he realized he hadn't really been part of a functional group before--any adventuring he'd done previously was solo, save for the treasure hunt assignment from Emerath.

Edited by Hans
  • ID#: 41156
  • CD: 12 (no sandstorm damage)
  • LD: 10+2=12 (no loot)

"Right!" Teion stood and exited the vehicle, smiling as she took Endilix's hand and got her footing on the uneven sand. She pulled her scarf up a bit to protect the lower half of her face and scanned her area, spotting Emerath already looking for treasure. She smiled lightly behind the yellow cloth, placing her hands on her hips as the caravan began to pull away now that the party had vacated. If she squinted, she could spot the outline of the floor's main city in the distance. She supposed they would have to head back there to turn the quest in. Shrugging she was grateful they at least got the ride out here. "Alright then, shall we?"

Edited by Teion

Emerath continued to scan the dunes around them as his companions made their way off the caravan, before he finally turned back to them, satisfied that there were no more diamonds in the rough to be found for the moment. He smiled at them, and folded his arms across his chest, saying, "So, do we know what we're looking for? What this treasure looks like? Where to start looking? You accepted the quest Tei, so I suppose you would have the most details, right?"

Additional Notes

• ID: 41840
  • CD: 9 (No Sandstorm Damage)
  • LD: 5 + 3 (8) (No Crafting Material)
    • Total Materials Gathered: Emerath (1), Endilix (0), Teion (0), Hans (0)
Edited by Emerath

Endilix nodded to Teion's question as he began to walk out into the dunes, considering Emerath's question but not really stopping to answer. As he walked, he felt some odd crunching under his boots, before realizing that even in the dunes, there were things that still felt odd. Automatically he thought to look down, and sure enough he spotted what looked like an odd vine growing through the sand. Endilix squinted at it, before leaning over and picking it up, realizing that it was a crafting material. And so he turned to Teion, holding it out, "Uh, I have no idea what to do with materials nowadays. Do you want any that I find?" Endilix was thoroughly ignoring his brother's attempts to get his attenion for alchemy. Endilix simply smiled at Teion and awaited her answer.

Additional Notes

• ID: 41841
  • CD: 6
  • LD: 20 (+1 Crafting Material)
    • Total Materials Gathered: Emerath (1), Endilix (1), Teion (0), Hans (0)
Edited by Endilix
  • ID#: 42177
  • CD: 9 (no sandstorm damage)
  • LD: 15 (1 crafting material) (1 mat total)

Hans rested a hand on the hilt of his dagger, bringing an arm up to shield his face from the sandy wind that was tossing his hair and clothing. A light scowl rested on his face from the nasty weather. He watched as the others scouted for materials and decided to follow suit, kicking around at the dunes below his feet. He hit something solid and bent down to scoop up an identical material. "I guess the storm kicks up plenty of this stuff." The catty man muttered more to himself. He was fully content with staying quiet and following the others' lead for this quest.

Edited by Hans
  • ID#: 42183
  • CD: 9 (no sandstorm damage)
  • LD: 11+4=15 (1 crafting material) (1 mat total)

Teion laughed lightly at Emerath's onslaught of questions. She swiped her hand through the air, pulling up her menu and navigating to her quests. Reading the text out loud, she spoke, "We must locate the cargo and return it to the traveling caravan within a single day. Use the Beacon item once you have recovered the chest for the travelers to locate you." She shrugged, dismissing the text. "Not many more details. I assume it'll be half-buried in the sand by now." She turned her attention back to Endilix as he presented a single material. Her eyes practically lit up at the offer. "Are you sure?!" She happily accepted the item, giving the heavily-armored man a hug in thanks. "I burn through these things like crazy..." Teion pulled away with an embarrassed smile.

Edited by Teion