[PP-F4] Walking Frosty Jacks (Flints & Emerath)

Tristan fumbled the Hoya of Minos he had, thinking of Flints as he waited for her to arrive in this location. He wasn't too fond of the cold, but at this point he had been on this floor so many times, he barely noticed it much anymore. So many dead Avalanches, including his first one that nearly killed him, back when having perfect gear was a luxury and many of the frontliners had gone into hiding or left to tend to themselves and had brought on a new wave of players. Ever since then, Avalanche had been often the boss he used to introduce players of SAO into the world of Aincrad, so that he could bring them to the focus of just how scary it can be. Sending a message to Flints, he told her to come along to Floor 4 to do this quest, along with take the friends she had consistently mentioned.

Flints stretched as she woke up to the sound of her notifications, she looked though her menu and saw that Tristan was ready for another quest. She arose quickly equipped the armor she got from the quest she did with him and all those other players and was careful not to wake Endilix. As she wrote a quick response Tristan. "Oh, you're on my floor! I'll be there soon, Emerath in tow!" She woke up Antillian and quickly rushed out the door, she burst into Emerath's shop who was right next door and called out for him, it was dark and she couldn't see him, she wasn't even sure if he was awake yet. "Emerath! We have some questing to do! Wake up!" With that she sent Antillian to find him and she walked off towards the meeting spot Tristan had chosen. She was sure Antillian would return to her with Emerath so she wasn't all to worried on waiting for the two after she found Tristan, who as she thought about happened to have been on the very outskirts of town. As she approached him she smiled and waved to him. "Hello Tristan! The weather is lovely this morning, isn't it?" She joked knowing the town was usually too cold for its own good. She usually overheated quickly so the cold bothered her little to none. 

Emerath had, as usual, been up far too late crafting or mulling over guild documents, while sipping his tea. He was bleary eyed as he heard the door slam open from his little back office in his lab, and next thing he knew he was suddenly awake again as he heard Flints' voice drift in from the entryway. He hard the door shut, and had turned expecting to see her show up, but only Antillian came padding into his lab. He sighed and said, "Honestly buddy, I had forgotten about the quest today. I probably should've slept some, huh?" He stood and put on his suit jacket, gloves, and a nice warm scarf, as he patted the pup on the head and said, "Alright buddy, let's go then."

He motioned for Antillian to follow and held the door for the familiar as he locked his storefront up behind him. He popped open his menu, pulling up the player locator and finding his way to where her, and presumably the man known as Tristan, were located. As he approached, he gave Flints a smile and a wave, and walked up to the duo. Mostly, he approached Tristan, a person of whom many talked about, and a man widely considered one of, if not the best, tank in the game so far. Once he had reached them he gave a light bow, "Your reputation precedes you, Mr. Delaney. You look as much the Frontliner as I would have imagined. My name is Emerath, Guild Leader and Spymaster for the Dapper Rogues at your service. It is truly a pleasure."

Edited by Emerath

Tristan, his usual tall 6ft3 self looking scary in facial scars and a permanently blood splattered mail armour and burning shield on his back, was rather enjoying the light that came with snowy areas. After all, snow was white and therefore incredibly reflective of light, to which Tristan could only commend the level of detail in SAO. After all, it simulated all types of weathers that existed to an amazing extent. No idea how they did it with the water though, something that has always been considering a complete processing hog for a computer to deal with. His mind was totally snapped out of thought though when Flints appeared bouncing in, seemingly full of energy.He chuckled and said: "Indeed, certainly a far better climate than Floor 12 though I think we can both agree.". He saw then Emerath come in, a fellow red head too, albeit their hair was kept tidier than Tristans own long one. He gave a smile to the generous complements given to him, saying in return: "You humble me with your words. I can't say I've heard of your guild or name before, but I don't really involve myself with guild politics, mostly focusing on the frontline in those matters. Tristan Delaney, Commandant of Azure Brigade, Professional Fighter as champion of the S&Z tournament and owner of the Achilles unique skill. And most importantly, here to tank so that people don't die.". He ended the sentence with a gentle smile. "So, are you both familiar with this quest?".

Flints watched Tristan and Emerath get to know eachother, she smiled as Antillian padded over to her and buried her hand in his mane to keep him close. When Tristan gave his title she cocked her head in curiosity. She had really been hiding under a rock her whole time in Aincrad, mostly curled up next to Endilix. "Champion of the S&Z tournament?" She was curious. How had she never heard of this. She shook her head and grinned. "We are gonna kill something icey...untill it's dead..." She wasn't wrong. At least she knew that much. Antillian howled in response which made her feel like her answer was pretty sound. She stood looking Tristan over carefully. "Azure brigade?" She knew exactly who they were but she wanted him to enlighten her. 

Tristan listened to Flints speak, who had several questions and possibly the vaguest, yet correct, assumption he had heard in a while. "Indeed I suppose. The Avalanche is a large giant that looks like a bipedal block of ice. As a floor boss it isn't exactly the greatest, being more for the low levels a danger. But either way, it isn't something to worry too greatly about.". Tristan then heard about the S&Z question exclamation, chuckling to the surprise. He had forgotten it had already been a few months since the S&Z, so it was worth explaining. "Last summer, Zelrius and Ssendom decided to host a PVP tournament with Col betting on players. Every player would face each other once and whoever had the most wins won the S&Z with some prize money. I beat players like Calrex, Teayre, Rebekah and other frontliners. Other players merely forfeited. Lowenthal for one forfeited before they even started an attack, which was rather anti-climatic...". He could remember how that was, it was quite an odd moment for him when mid level players didn't even bother fight because they saw it as a waste of time. He then replied to the question about the guild with "Azure Brigade is a long standing guild which houses the best players of Aincrad and has led several floor clearings and bosses. We seek out the strong and message people who wee see potential in to join. The strongest members are the Commandants, who are the elite of Aincrad. Us Commandants are the de facto leaders of AB and all choices within the group must be done with a majority vote with the commandants.".

Emerath had listened to Tristan's introduction and raised an eyebrow at the oddly unnecessary addition of a tournament victory to his title, but simply gave a shrug in response. Emerath had opened his mouth to speak after Flints, but was cut off by Tristan's explanation. He simply crossed his arms and let the man speak.

When Tristan had finished, Emerath said, "I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of the Dapper Rogues. We are a young guild, and we haven't achieved much yet, but we'll make our way in time." Emerath smiled at Flints, one of his fellow Rogues, and took her wrist and gave it a light squeeze. Emerath simply left things there and waited for the quest to begin.

Edited by Emerath

Flints looked up amazed at everything Tristan was saying. She hadn't known about everyone betting on players, and the fact that Tristan had made a name for himself in this way had her in awe, the more and more he spoke the more curious she became. "Azure..Brigade..so the cream of the crop? Wow..." She snapped out of her little daze when Emerath squeezed her wrist and cleared her throat. "I wasn't one for guilds to be honest. I wanted to not be part of anything but here I am, part of a guild." She gave a small laugh and looked away. "I guess things change when you meet the right people~" she smiled at the two before walking off in search of their target. 

Tristan scratched the side of his cheek with one of his fingers slightly awkwardly when he saw the expression from Emerath, saying "Sorry, it seems I picked up a habit from my trusted friend Zelrius Blackfyre of giving introductions. Though I usually drop the «Invincible Warrior» that comes with defeating the Achilles NPC because I think it's a flawed term. Well regardless, I'm happy to see other guilds are striving too and I can only hope we see you on the front lines soon to support us. We can never have too many on the front lines, but we can have not enough, and the latter is incredibly dangerous. I wasn't present for it, but I know that's what happened with the Floor 11 floor boss where there were few people, which led to them having to work incredibly hard.".

He clasped his hands together with a clap and began his large strides following Flints and saying "Well anyhow, time to kill what is probably my 10th or so Avalanche at this point...", a chuckle at the end. He noticed that Flints still wore the Hoya of Minos he gave her too, which made him smile.

Emerath walked along behind Tristan. A bit of a habit he picked up in other MMOs he played was to always stay behind the tank as a healer, and this proved no different. He watched as Flints led the group, but gave a shrug. Should it even be the case that the boss surprised them, he knew Flints was agile enough to get out of the way. He smiled, as they headed to the designated area where Avalance could always be found, and a part of him wouldn't have even been surprised to see other players there fighting it, making them have to wait their turn for a respawn. But no, things were much simpler today. As they walked along Emerath started to see what looked like a giant glacier with glowing blue eyes and a slightly humanoid form growing in the distance. Emerath couldn't help but grin a bit. This would be his first, well, higher level quest, and the thought of taking that thing down excited him. He looked to Tristan and Flints as he said, "Well, there he is in the distance. The floor is yours, Tristan. I'm excited to see a Frontliner in action."

Monster Details

Spoiler

mb_avalanche.png.ed289f80609c5212545ba39

• Avalanche:
    • HP 100/100
    • DMG: 24

Turn Order

• Tristan
  • Flints
  • Emerath
  • Avalanche

Tristan noticed also the giant block of ice as they walked, old memories coming in of many fights they had with this respawnable boss in the past. As per usual, he led the group, since if this boss was going to attack him, it would attack Tristan first. Tristan tightened his hand around the shaft of his Spear, also wearing the Burden of the Fallen templar armor and and the Twinfire Reflector, waiting for the boss to begin his attack. He was far too over prepared for this fight and could probably solo it again, like he effectively had before in past parties. The first thing Tristan did was use <<Howl>>, a roar like a dragon leaving his mouth and bellowing out the snow. The Avalanche thus paid no attention to any other. 

Tristan 157/157 38/38 H: 4
Flints 56/56 H: 0
Emerath 48/48 H: 0
Avalanche HP 100/100 DMG: 24

ID: 38717

BD: 10 (critical success) +2 Dmg

pinpoint distruction (7+2)x6=54

Flints ran quickly ran up to the Avalanche that's attention was now on Tristan. She leaped off of the tank hoping he didn't mind her using him as leverage. Antillian ran along side the two and howled a low somber howl, making the Avalanche's vital spots glow brightly to flints.  She aimed for small areas on the inside of its thighs, arms, and lastly neck. A wicked grin spread on her face the more she worked her way up, punching and clawing into the beast. As she got faster she began to roar out in excitment before pushing off of its body and landing neatly beside her two comrades. She gave a small nod of approval and huffed, as if what she just did was her usual. 

Combat Results:

Tristan 157/157 38/38 H: 4
Flints 56/56 8/14 H: 2
Emerath 48/48 H: 0
Avalanche HP 100/100 ~> 46/100  dmg 24

Edited by Flints

Emerath was a bit in awe of the power that Flints displayed in her blows against the large glacier monster, hardly giving it any quarter. He smiled, she had grown a lot in the time that he had known her, and all their hard work together was finally paying off. When she landed he gave her a smile and a nod, as his hands and feet activated a Sword Art of his own, and in a flash Emerath was in the air, his legs flashing across what he assumed was the face of the creature since that was where his glowing blue eyes were in three quick blows, sending chips of ice flying this way and that, before thrusting his hand firmly into the neck. It was freezing, and Emerath felt a chill run down his spine as he shoved himself away from the monster, rolling in the snow as he returned to Tristan's side. Emerath looked to the health of the boss, "Already in the red. We make a pretty good team. We should've done this much sooner, Flints."

Combat

• ID: 38730
  • BD: 6 (Success)
    • Sword Art Activated: Delayed Sword 4x1 - 6 DMG x 4 = 24 DMG

Combat Results

• Tristan: 157/157
  • Flints: 56/56
  • Emerath: 48/48
    • EP: 12/12 -> 8/12
  • Avalanche: 46/100 -> 22/100
    • Hate: Tristan (4), Flints (2), Emerath (1)
Edited by Emerath

ID 38753 MD 8. Hit for 24-66=1. Take 13 damage in thorns & Flame thorns & Achilles. BD 1 Miss, CD 12, 11HP healed with battle healing.

Tristan smiled and only helped Flints when she used him as a springboard, which made him chuckle. He would of gone on the attack himself, but the boss went in to slam a punch that could take the others to half health. He remembered when this kind of hit could even one shot Flints, now just being a strong blow to them. Tristan though swatted the punch away with his shield like it was nothing, a trail of flames following where the Avalanches arm had hit and flung away. He smiled and said "This boss is as good as toast.".

Tristan 157/157 36/38 H: 4
Flints 56/56 8/14 H: 2
Emerath 48/48 8/12 H: 1
Avalanche HP 22/100 ~> 9/100  dmg 24

ID: 38764

BD: 3+1 (4) (failure) 

Flints huffed when the ice beast took a shot at Tristan, she quickly lashed out to it, in attempt to catch it in her claws and missed, she got a quick roar in her face, a splatter of sleet hit her and stole her breath from how cold it was. The beast looked away from her and continued to keep all its focus on Tristan, she gave a sheepish smile as if to apologize for her slip up. She looked to Emerath hoping he had more success with his well calculated punches than she had with her frenzied attacks. "Get him Emerath!" Flints growled, she wanted the Avalanche dead as quick as possible before Tristan had to absorb anymore hits. 

Combat Results 

Tristan 157/157 36/38 H: 4
Flints 56/56 6/14 H: 2
Emerath 48/48 8/12 H: 1
Avalanche HP 22/100 ~> 9/100  dmg

Emerath watched as his party members went in for their respective attacks, and watched as all the monster did was hit Tristan and come away with a flaming arm. The power of a tank on the Frontlines. He didn't even have to hit it, and it came away worse for wear. Emerath then watched as Flints went in and got a face full of snow. As she recovered, Emerath came up beside her and gave her a reassuring pat on the head as she told him to get the boss. He smiled and looked at the monster with a wicked grin as he activated his Sword Art once again and said, "Can do, mi'lady."

Emerath leapt at the boss, giving a battle cry, once again throwing his leg into the boss with kicks in quick succession and then with his hand glowing a darker red, as if his glove was stained with glowing blood, he threw his hand deep into the neck of the boss. Between a mixture of a desire to impress a Frontliner and the need to show Flints his own power, he had managed to shove his hand deep into the ice, causing it to send sharp cracks throughout the creature. Emerath watched as the boss's remaining HP drained out of the HP bar and it gave a loud roar as it suddenly exploded into a satisfying shower of pixels.

Emerath was breathing heavily as the loot window popped in front of him, congratulating him on beating the enemy and his loot of a Crafting Material. He smiled and turned to his companions, putting his hands on his hips. "Well, that's that then."

Combat

• ID: 38730
  • BD: 9 (Critical Success) +1 DMG +2 Hate
    • Sword Art Activated: Delayed Sword 4x1 - 6 DMG + 1 DMG = 7 DMG x 4 = 28 DMG

Combat Results

• Tristan: 157/157
  • Flints: 56/56
  • Emerath: 48/48
    • Passive EP Regen +1
    • EP: 8/12 -> 9/12 -> 5/12
  • Avalanche: 9/100 -> 0/100 Dead!
    • LD: 4 (+1 Crafting Material)
Edited by Emerath

Tristan was pleasantly surprised with how quick the boss took, un equipping his spear and putting the shield on his back and watching as they got together. He wasn't sure if to laugh or be impressed at how Emerath went for the screaming finish to defeat the block of ice, flaunting essentially. Tristan seemed to be surrounded by DPS people who love to go for overzealous on their finish, something that he did not have the privilege of as he would be too busy tanking hits and not having high damage capability. Tristan had an idea pop to his head which he thought would make a good present for dealing the most damage.

"That reminds me Flints! I have an armor I got recently from the Floor 13 clearing which is useless to me and Zelrius didn't want it either. So I'm offering it to you since I don't have other people close to me who'd want it or I appreciate enough. So....have this.". He opened up his inventory and sent her an item which transferred to their shared friend inventory they had, as all friends in SAO have between each other access to. 

Tristan gives Flints: «Amphibian Hide»: A tight fit of an armor, it snugly matches to the user and will act like a second skin with strong but light scales. Said to be awkward to use in public due to how well it defines the body. +2 Evasion and +6 Damage Mitigation. +1 Paralytic Immunity.

Emerath watched as Tristan offered up a set of armor to Flints, and raised an eyebrow. "Hm, I hate to ruin this for you Tristan, but Flints and I have discussed multiple times that she prefers heavy armor." He looked over Flints in her heavy plate she was wearing at the moment and thought about the speed at which she had been moving despite that. "Honestly, she wants to be the best she can be. Really, I think the fact that she has taken the challenge to become this powerhouse in heavy metal armor is admirable, to be sure." He walked up besides Flints and gave her a bit of a smile, "Besides..." he leaned over and whispered into Flints ear so that Tristan couldn't hear, "...pretend to be surprised when you get it, but Endilix and I already got you an absolutely beautiful set of armor. I hate to ruin the surprise but.... no sense in taking armor from this guy if you aren't going to use it. I feel like that would break his heart." Emerath put a hand on her shoulder and smiled back to Tristan, "If you really need someone who can use that armor, perhaps let me take it. I can find a guild member or something that would love to make use of it."

Additional Notes:

• OOC Regen: +1 EP 1/3 OOC Regen
  • EP: 5/12 -> 6/12
Edited by Emerath

Flints stared blankly at the two, the fact that Emerath and Endilix had gone out of their way to make her armor was sweet. She didn't think the brothers had it in them to get together and plan on making something for her, of all people. She felt unworthy of their joined affection. The more she pondered it she became red as Tristan offered her up armor. "You've given Me so much if I didn't know any better I'd say you're trying to steal my heart.." She thought to herself. "Tristan, Emerath is right." She scoffed. "I'm all for heavy armor. I thought you would have guessed that by-" before she could finish she continued to look over the armor in the menu, she stared at it blankly and clicked to equip it and see what the fuss was about between the two. She gasped as her armor disappeared briefly and she was quickly coated in this strange almost silky feeling coating. She looked down and noticed it was hugging all her curges well, she blushed as she looked back up to the two. The unmistakable feel of heavy armor was there. When she glanced up she could see a wide smirk grace Tristan's Otherwise calm, face. She tilted her head to Emerath who was very close to her, against her ear. She whispered softly into his. "Emerath...its heavy armor.." She looked up at Tristan in disbelief. "How..?" She looked down at her chest and reddened, covering her assets. "it has evasion?"

Tristan chuckled when they talked, them clearly not having caught on. Tristan took a deep breath as though to explain something, raising his hand. "I can understand why you are confused. Usually evasion is only on light armor right? Not in this case. Uniques are special in that they have more freedom than crafts. For example Dom and Teayre have uniques with enhancements that excel caps on crafted enhancements. In this case, it dropped to be who got it." Tristan knocked on his breastplate which clanged from the metal. "Which as you can see, is a heavy armor. Thus, I got the only heavy armor with evasion along with the paralytic immunity. However, I can't use evasion because of my shield. So since my trusted companion Zel didn't want it, I gave to the only other person relevant for it that I hold close. In this case, you Flints. Enjoy having the only heavy armor so far with evasion and paralytic immunity. You may be a damage dealer, but AOE's can still try and get you and PVP target someone regardless of if they're with a tank or have hate." Feeling happy with his explanation, he smiled and said "So, how do you find it? I think it accentuates your curves marvellously.".