[PP-F4] Walking Frosty Jacks (Flints & Emerath)

Emerath crossed his arms, "Well, that certainly shouldn't be possible, although since it is a unique armor, I suppose I can't seriously argue the impossibility of it." Emerath looked over Flints in the armor and shook his head, "Unfortunately, I still don't think it suits you. As nice as you may look in it." He considered his next words carefully as he rubbed his chin, and said, "Really, if you're doing quests with Tristan, you don't actually need Evasion or Mitigation. Same thing for traveling with Endilix. As a heavy damage dealer, the most that you would need is the Mitigation that you would get from the skill, when you choose to level it up." Emerath shook his head, "The armor that I made and Endilix will be giving you has Heavy Momentum, a buff that makes it so you deal more damage in the event of a miss. It has some Mitigation, but don't take what I've said as meaning it hurts to have Mitigation, just that we needed something else to put in that slot, and that made the most sense." Emerath shrugged and looked over Flints once again, "Besides, it doesn't feel like your style. Watery blues and scales don't fit, you're more of one for earthy browns and fur."

Finally, Emerath gave a bow to the duo, "However, Tristan has a point, should it ever come down to it, I suppose a backup pair of armor wouldn't hurt, just in case you do find yourself alone or in danger. But when traveling in a group, unless dealing with large amounts of AoE damge, perhaps the armor that we have created will suit you more? By the way, you still have to act surprised when he gives it to you. If he found out that I told you over..." he flashed a glance at Tristan, with a bit of a frown, "...this. Well, he might not ever forgive me." Emerath walked around Flints, admiring the armor from all sides, saying, "It does accentuate your curves very nicely. It's unfortunate that this will probably end up being a backup armor. You'd really only need this armor if you were in danger, which, really I don't think me or Endilix would let that happen anyway."

Additional Notes:

• OOC Regen: +1 EP 2/3 OOC Regen
  • EP: 6/12 -> 7/12
Edited by Emerath

Flints went from having her hands covering her chest to her hands on her hips. She bared her teeth at the two and began to growl, waiting for Emerath and Tristan to stop, for the world she knew to stop spinning. But that was too much to ask. She finally released all the air she had held in and roared at the two a long winded response to their not so passive pushing. "Listen to me, and listen to me good I'm not going to say it more than once." She pressed her open palm to Emerath's chest and looked at Tristan who was a tad too far to reach, she figured her snarling would prove her point. "How about we stop assuming I'm too weak to defend myself, too weak to get along without the need of your armors and shiny things. Both of you..all of you have helped me greatly and I'm very thankful for that. But just because I trust you all doesn't mean I should be underestimated." Her hand gently brushed along Emerath's neck, she considered gripping onto it but cast the thought aside. "These armors both suit me, for whatever purpose, and I will make the decision on what is best for me. Not you." She looked at Emerath. Then back to Tristan. "Or you." She whined at Emerath. "Why are you suddenly treating me like I'm too weak to even try and care for myself? Not even Endilix treats me that way. But from the way you're acting I'm starting to think he feels that way as well." Flints eyes darted back to Tristan as she released Emerath, and walked over to him, her head held high and her posture showing no fear. "You are...So damn...why are you so okay with me just power leveling? Why are you okay with me? Why do you give me things? Why do you care for me...I shouldn't matter to you..." Flints looked down at the armor he gave to her, the deep blue scales accented her reddish skin well. "Why are you so damn nice to me? I'm not worth all this...not to you," she looked back to Emerath. "And not to you..." Before anything could get more out of hand she turned away from both. "I need to go. The mission is complete." And with that she quickly fled before either could stop her. She needed to be alone. All this sudden "popularity" was getting to her.

Emerath stood with his hands behind his back as Flints began to go off. As she approached him, he made no motions to pull away when she brushed his neck, although a pinkish hue crept across his face from the touch. But he let her finish, keeping his eyes on hers with a somber expression on his face. As she went to Tristan, he made no attempt to intervene there as well. He simply, watched. As she left, it was clear she didn't want an answer to any of her questions. Emerath simply looked to Antillian, with a melancholy smile on his face and then said, "Go on. She's going to need you. I'll be fine." The pup then bounded off after his master.

Emerath turned to Tristan, after the fallout, his hands in his pockets, before he pulled one out and pulled up his menu, sending a friend request to the tall, red-haired tank. "It's always good to have a contact on the Frontlines. I doubt this would be the case anytime soon, but should you need an actual healer I would be happy to offer my services. Additionally, I may not be as strong as Flints, but I can DPS, as you've seen." Emerath smoothed out the wrinkles in his suit as he looked Tristan over, "I've only ever tried to guide her in the right direction. I'll admit that the things you have done are nice gestures, and it's nice that you're trying to help, but that isn't who she is." Emerath smiled, and looked at his transactions, looking at the armor that he had given his brother a day before going on this quest, "You have to understand, we planned to give her the armor to combat the odd path that you and your Frontliner friends seemed to have started her on. I have discussed with her at length how she can be strong in this game, and I've always tried to supplement that."

Emerath cocked his head at Tristan, "I tried to kill her when I met her. You know that odd scar on her chest? That was my doing. I'm not proud to admit it, but it was a good learning experience for both of us. That Aincrad is dangerous, and that people's lives matter. For her, and for me, respectively. I almost killed a person who became one of my best friends. Someone dear to me. And if I had killed her out of anger, what then? I never would've gotten to share this time with her, and neither would my brother." Emerath shrugged and smiled again at Tristan, "At the end of the day, she knows where her home is. I won't follow her, and I recommend you don't do the same. Doing so would only provoke her further. She knows the answers to my questions. I've told her them before. But you, you're just some stranger telling her she's weak. You hardly know her just as much as she does you. And yet here you are, trying to be some glorified hero. You do good work on the Frontlines. Keep doing that. Sometimes it's best not to try to ruin other people's families. I didn't come in and try to ruin yours. But I'll be damned if I let you ruin mine."

And with that, Emerath calmly walked off through the snow, headed back to his shop, not giving Tristan a chance to answer. "Thanks for the quest!" he called out before he got too far. Tea sounded really good right about now.

Additional Notes:

• OOC Regen: 3/3 OOC Regen - Full Energy
  • EP: 7/12 -> 12/12
Edited by Emerath

Tristan kept quiet with a straight face as Flints talked. He didn't want to interuppt at all, since he wasn't surprised after all of Emeraths pressuring that she'd snap. However Flints left before he could respond which had him thinking about what to say to her next.

Then...Emerath went on. And on. He fumbled at some things with his hand, then went back to listening to Emerath while having his hands in his pockets. The man said things that weren't even true, in that your body does not scar from SAO injuries at all. The only scars you take with you are those from the real world like he did. Wounds in SAO magically came back. One could even lose an arm and with a health potion can just grow back. Before Tristan challenged him though he went on his own weird rant which Tristan was less than pleased about. Was he trying to say he...owned her? He made it sound like she was some sort of pet that they had control over, at least to him. And why try to almost kill her? He had explained Flints the value of life with mere words over cups of tea and panini in a café. It just seemed like a way for him to beat control over her, not that he had the ability to do that now. No, now Flints had strength beyond Emerath, probably Endilix too. Tristan wondered if that Flints becoming stronger than them scared them, because it meant they could no longer guide her, they'd lose the position of power. He sighed and after Emerath left, he tapped a message to Flints saying 'We need to talk.'. He then fumbled some more with his pockets, then walked off quietly, brooding.

Complete

133 Col & 4 SP & Snowfrost to Emerath

133 Col & 4 SP to Flints

133 Col & 1 SP to Tristan