[PP-F5] Sharq Byte (Flints)

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/3609-«blood-in-the-sand»/

Tristan sighed as he breathed out, looking out at the sky. Yesterday was...an eventful day. There was much said and probably much more thought. And there were some loose ends that needed tying up once and for all until further problems were caused for one reason for another.

Now since Tristan was a friend of Flints, it told him the rough location of her, which was on Floor 5, where the next boss on their quest marathon would be. He sighed as he fumbled the Jade paw around his neck with the Hoya, thinking. He never did accept the friend request by Emerath, as Tristan just couldn't accept their ideals at all. If Flints could be described as a feline feral beast, demeanouring as that sounded, a pattern could be seen. Emerath has tried to alpha dominate her, which would explain his initial near to death beating he gave Flints and further manipulation. Tristan on the other hand nurtured her will to become stronger, though also advising on how to be strong not just alone, but together in Aincrad. So she could become her own alpha. Emerath mentioned himself that she had grown beyond the capability of the brothers which breaks her power control over them, if that soothed him at all.

He realised that this whole matter could not just be left alone and he had to talk to her. But...what would he say? How does Tristan, the «Invincible Warrior», feel about Flints?

Flints wondered through floor 5. She hated this place, the contrast between it and her home floor of 4 was far too great for her, she felt as though her eyes were held at a constant squint. She looked down at Antillian who panted and whined, his fur not helping him in the slightest. "I'm sorry Tillian.." She whispered. Not only for choosing to take on such a quest alone, that in her angry state she felt as though she could take on the world, but for the way she acted before, on their previous mission. She let out a soft sigh as she went over everything again in her head. Emerath had gotten angry..something she had only seen once before. She held her hand to her chest and scrunched her face. He was normally so calm. But Tristan certainly stepped on all his nerves. In the back of her mind a question kept hitting her like a ton of bricks. "Was I worth all this..?" The brothers had been nothing but good to her, Endilix didn't even know what was going on. He had been out of the recent commotions..he did even know why she ran away. Flints quickly began to send a quick message to her mate. She was sure that Emerath had spoke to him the night she left but she wanted to check in and tell him she was still living. After that was sent she began to wonder about the armor Emerath had blown the surprise on. They had worked together on it and got her something to make her more powerful. Her heart hurt from the thought of ever denying them. She couldn't do that. Up until recent events the brothers were all she had known. The only players that had stuck by her side this whole game. She looked down at Antillian again and tugged his horns, finding confort in the beasts existence. Her mind drifted to Tristan. The off chance of meeting him as suddenly developing this friendship with him was so fast. She was so skeptical of him at first. She was afraid he was using her as some terrible joke. That he was going to leave her for dead on one of their missions. But he hadn't. It was quite the opposite. He started to nurture her and if anything nearly treated her as an equal. She expected him to have some great ego from being such a great player. She certainly would. But he did nothing but shower her in extravagant things, and just like the brothers, he wanted her to strive to be the best she could be. He wanted to watch her grow. her mind shot back to Endilix, and she wondered if Tristan knew of her relationship. Of her mate, she remembered that she just assumed everyone knew. She stared blankly at the sands and realized she hadn't told him about him. She would make her relationship known next time the spoke. She needed everyone to know everything and where she stood in life. At this point it probably seemed as though Emerath was her lover. She blushed profusely at the thought of them two instead of her and Endilix. She pushed the thought far back in her mind and realized she really needed to clarify these things. 

Flints let out another huff as she realized she wasn't in a town, she was wondering the desert, more lost than she had ever been before, both in thought and in life. 

Edited by Flints

Tristan started his wandering to the desert, since he remembered her not being good in crowds after they talked in the cafe. He sighed as he walked out the town in the vain attempt to find Flints, hopefully before the Sand Shark too. He had been deep thought ever since the event yesterday about well...how it all went down. Flints had gone for some thought for herself, which he would leave them to, but...well. The thing is what Emerath told him after was just far too disturbing for him to leave alone. Not only did he sound like an insufferable asshole with his pompous confidence and know-it-all behaviour, but the way he talked about it just drove him close to wanting to punch Emerath. Not that that was a problem for Tristan, who was far superior to Emerath in terms of numbers in near every way, plus as a healer he was at it was in a poor position to fight in a duel. No, what worried him and the reason he fumbled with stuff a bit after he talked, Tristan began using one of his recording crystal crafts as a performer to record what he began hearing so he could play it to Flints later from where he started saying : "I've only ever tried to guide her in the right direction." and onwards. While Flints was was not an idiot, she was also fiercely independent and for something so....manipulative to be heard was just driving him mad. Tristan however managed to remain calm and took an action which instead meant that he could show Flints later what he said and his...behaviour, if it could be called that.

Tristan kept the recording crystal to hand to show Flints later, but then thought on Flints herself. What did he think of her? Tristan was always one to support players and most just smiled and nodded. Flints however was strong and....ambitious, if that made sense. She had a real drive and he could only be impressed by it, along with her tenacity. Most would of turned tail for doing iron guardian at her level, but she trusted him and they faced it together. And being frank, the only person who trusts Tristan as much as she does is Zelrius, which said something. However what he also thought was that while he was indeed stronger than her, he felt like they could trust each other even if Flints were strong. Flints also simply as a person was growing onto him, becoming a big part of him. Hell, he gave her as a treat because he felt like it, in the form of possibly one of the biggest commodities in SAO, especially in the form of an armour that bent the rules of equipment because it was a unique. He knew many would want it from Flints, but he trusted her to be someone to use it well to become better in the game. But really, he hadn't even given it to his fellow commandant Dom. And for Tristan he could only come to one conclusion which had finally dawned on him. He had fallen for Flints. In love. This was....a weird feeling. Especially as the past people he had been with chased him. This was...the first time he was the one chasing a person and....it was a  strange feeling. He wasn't sure if it was really silly on his behalf, or if she was just that impressive to him that he was the first one to go after, after all these people he had met, she was the one that stuck out. He sighed as he realised how stupid and straight out of a bad romance novel or such sounded, but he looked ahead and kept walking in an attempt to find Flints.

Flints began to get lost, in such a vast area it was impossible to see an end to the desert. She began to walk in circles not even realizing she was. "Where is this stupid creature." She cursed. She wanted to fight something, to get out all the excess energy she had, she didn't care how dangerous the mission could become. the longer her and Antillian wondered around she began to think about Tristan again. About why he was so sweet to her, and about the show Emerath put on. Why was Emerath so dead set on hating everything Tristan did? She wished she understood where he was coming from more she frowned and tried to push all the thought aside. To save it for when she wasn't trying to slaughter something. As she walked she noticed something In this distance, it looked like Tristan. She laughed at herself. "Oh my. I really am lost. I feel like this is a terrible mirage..well bring it on then." She continued to approach her "mirage".

Tristan roughly ran along the same train of thought as he did the past while for quite some time, until he saw a rather....curvy figure. It was blue too, though with the mix of a more furred black armor as well to protect certain areas of the body. It even had...fluffy ears. Okay, that was actually really cute and made it rather tempting to play with the ears petting them Tristan lightly shook his head to get that visual image out of his head, instead focusing on the point that Flints was here. He'll ask about the ears later.
Tristan waved her hello and said "Hello there." and gave a weak smile, also very much looking like he had been thinking on things and was wearing on him a bit. He raised his hand though and said "Before you say anything, I want to show you something. After you walked off, understandably, I was ready to punch Emerath for being a pain, he told me something else. I didn't catch all of it, but this is what he said.". Tristan took out the recording crystal he had used. He felt somewhat dirty doing this, but to him, he was going to go lengths to ensure Flints was getting the best they could. Add another point to things he didn't do for most people, just showing to himself he fell for her more. Tristan took the crystal and had his hands in front of them, then played it.

Spoiler

"I've only ever tried to guide her in the right direction. I'll admit that the things you have done are nice gestures, and it's nice that you're trying to help, but that isn't who she is." Emerath smiled, and looked at his transactions, looking at the armor that he had given his brother a day before going on this quest, "You have to understand, we planned to give her the armor to combat the odd path that you and your Frontliner friends seemed to have started her on. I have discussed with her at length how she can be strong in this game, and I've always tried to supplement that."

Emerath cocked his head at Tristan, "I tried to kill her when I met her. You know that odd scar on her chest? That was my doing. I'm not proud to admit it, but it was a good learning experience for both of us. That Aincrad is dangerous, and that people's lives matter. For her, and for me, respectively. I almost killed a person who became one of my best friends. Someone dear to me. And if I had killed her out of anger, what then? I never would've gotten to share this time with her, and neither would my brother." Emerath shrugged and smiled again at Tristan, "At the end of the day, she knows where her home is. I won't follow her, and I recommend you don't do the same. Doing so would only provoke her further. She knows the answers to my questions. I've told her them before. But you, you're just some stranger telling her she's weak. You hardly know her just as much as she does you. And yet here you are, trying to be some glorified hero. You do good work on the Frontlines. Keep doing that. Sometimes it's best not to try to ruin other people's families. I didn't come in and try to ruin yours. But I'll be damned if I let you ruin mine.

When the recording finished, Tristan placed it in front of her to take, in case she wanted to listen to it later. "Now as you may know, part of that is wholly incorrect, you can't scar from wounds in SAO. So that was invented. The rest just annoyed me greatly, mostly because...it felt like to me he was controlling you. Like he knew everything about what you should have and think and such. Like...you don't have a mind of your own and should follow him obediently. This didn't sit well on me at all, which is why I am showing you this. It seems only fair to you. Plus, I despise his overwhelming confidence that seems to have no backing. Where does he get this all from?". He was standing in front of her and spoke gently the entire time, not sarcastic or crass, but ensuring he was calm the entire way through, so that Flints could take it all as she wanted.

Flints got closer and closer to this Tristan mirage. Once it spot she came to and realized it was actually Tristan. She was angry that he followed her, once again she wondered why. It hurt even more that Emerath and Endilix didn't even bother. But alas, Endilix didn't know and Emerath probably figured she needed space. She growled at Tristan, ready to swat at him. he stopped her short of speaking she looked wided eyed at him and listened to what he had to say, when he produced the recording crystal she listened closely with her eyes closed as Emerath's voice came through it. Antillian cocked his head, curious as to where his friends voice came from. The more she listened to it the more tense her stance became. Emerath knew her well but he was also speaking for her, in her place. She growled at him saying that questing with others and trying to become something without the help of the brothers wasn't her. Did he know what she was more than she knew? Maybe she assumed wrong, she gave him the benefit of the doubt. Finally Emerath said "she knows where her home is" as if to say that in all this spat she would return home and pretend nothing changed. She clenched her jaw and looked up at Tristan with a very hurt and confused expression. "I've been trying to get to know you this whole time...and damned if I do...I always do something wrong..I'm not even sure what I did wrong.." She glanced at her feet and held her chest when she heard Emerath growl at Tristan to not hurt his family. Family. She felt as if her heart was going to break. She didn't think he considered her family, last time she checked, which was long ago, he saw her nothing more than another girl Endilix was toting around until he needed to find a way to leave her. That angered her. But now Emerath has grown close to Flints, just as she had to him. But it didn't make sense for him to suddenly want to keep her caged. Was it only because she had made more friends in Aincrad? "Tristan...he's afraid. And I'm not sure why. And before I continue to leave out this important bit of info, I have a boyfriend..." She trailed off, hating the word to its very core. "And if you hadn't figured it out yet, it's Emerath's twin brother, Endilix." She looked up into Tristan's eyes and felt herself become weak, she tried her best to keep her emotions masked but every time she looked in his eyes she felt like she wanted to fall apart and tell him everything that had ever troubled her. "Tristan...I don't know what to do, my world is..falling apart..and it's all my fault.but at the same time..I feel like this is just the beggining of actually finding me, me as a player..and that is the most progress I've made so far..thanks to everyone...especially you..." She quickly looked away before she could open up anymore. That was enough for now, she wasn't even sure what the red-haired man would think of all this, for all she knew, he would probably be freaked out by all the new information she bestowed upon him. "His confidence can be backed up, when he can apply himself..but when things like this happen..we all get wreckless now don't we..." She whispered more to herself than him.

Tristan listened intently to everything Flints said. When she spoke, he could sense where she came from, albeit less drastically. Tristan had times where his world flipped due to big changes. The first time time was when he went for a unique skill and had his resolution crushed and shattered to pieces, only having to pick back up again all by himself. The second time that he had this happen was at the witnessing of deaths in the floor boss fight, which had him withdraw from fighting. All of these were points he had explained to Flints before, but his most recent one he didn't explain. At least...not yet.
Tristan slowly stepped on the sand and walked behind her and slowly put his arms around her shoulder level for a hug, though made it so if they wanted to retreat from it, it was possible with great ease and didn't force himself on her. His voice was his usual gentle self, but it was this time emotional, much like when he opened up his past to Flints, if she could recollect how that sounded. It was not often he opened himself up so and that he did it twice with one person, in this case Flints, was actually the first to have done it. Even one of his best friends, Celes, only got it once, same with Kiru. And those were an entirely different kind of thing, not regarding the matter involved here. "Flints...how can I say this. Both our worlds are falling apart. The thing is...the rumours that I was a ladykiller in the past is not untrue. But, I suppose you could call those more lust than love and they so readily abandoned me too. You though...I want to know more about you. Get to know you, like you have been doing with me. Find out all about what makes you tick, so that I can help wind that clock to keep on ticking. It's the first time I've chased someone, because I felt like if I didn't chase them, I'd lose them forever an that I could never bear with it. None of this...none of this is your fault. It's mine. Sure, Emerath has had very questionable behaviour, but had I not arrived, your world would be so different, as would mine. But...I prefer a world with Flints in it. A world with a woman who won't run away and is driven in her goals. I want to find that you that you are beginning to find, to help you do that. To nurture who you are, not have some ideal placed on you or imprinted by people who put words in your mouth. I...I want a world with you Flints. If you don't want that, then tell me. I won't force you, it's your choice to go where you want. Just...we are all reckless and this is me being reckless, something I'm very rarely. But just know, this is the first time I've done something like this and I'm just as confused as you are and I don't know what to do. Even if you have someone, this is the first time I've wanted someone so much, to support them so. So...at least take into consideration what I've said.". After that he kept quiet, to see what she would say.

Flints tensed as Tristan started to move, she didn't know what he was thinking or doing, her heart began to race at the thought of her world being torn further apart. But, suddenly she felt his arms go around her. Everything in her body told her to pull away and fight him, to quickly lash out and show him no mercy. But. It was Tristan. Someone who had kept her alive on the battle field so to speak. The weight of all the recent events came crashing down upon the wild woman and her eyes suddenly filled with tears. She felt her legs grow weak and begin to shake. she quickly turned in his arms and put hers around him, embracing him. She thought for a bit on how much she just needed someone to stand still for a moment with her. And to tell her she wasn't screwing up the world she thought she knew. She respected the fact that everyone tried to give her space but even now she spoke of needed separation only to break when someone finally embraced her. The warmth she felt coming from his body mixed with the heat of floor 5 was overwhelming, her heart raced but she just squeezed him tighter as he spoke, she could feel his words resonating from throat and vibrating in his chest she listened to him and buried her face against him, she wondered about everything that lead up to this moment, the fighting and the brothers, her missing Endilix and wanting to tell him all about Tristan. and being confused about Emerath. These emotions filled her heart, her head and her soul to the brim. She shook trying her best not to break completly but she couldn't help but cry. Something she couldn't remember the last time she did, crying into the arms of a man who was just barely getting to know her. "Gods...I'm a wreck.." She whispered into his chest. But as she listened to him more she realized all these unspoken feelings Tristan had he was showing through his kindness towards her, the gifts and all. She squeezed him tighter and wasn't sure how to respond to it all. But she knew she couldn't run. At this point she didn't want to run anymore. "You're an amazing man..and I want to get to know you more Tristan. Let me get to know you...please..?" She wasn't sure if that was a proper answer, it most likely wasn't. She was confused by all the recent events and Tristan's confession was just the icing on the cake. She chuckled and whispered into his chest. "I guess I have a type then? Lady killer tanks who want to watch me grow..." She instantly regretted herself trying to make light of the situation. Her mind wondered to Endilix and what he could possibly be doing right now..she wondered if he even knew she was going insane from all the recent events. 

Tristan found her embrace was not just welcomed, but return with a strong back which faced him, to which she buried in him. Obviously his judgement with that was right then, which was that to say everything while disconnected would overwhelm her and make her scared. Now though she had someone, or thing, to grip onto while they confessed their own feeling or at least heard him. While the tears were unknown to happen, they were partially expected too and again, he was there to support her so this clearly helped. He had a feeling though these tears weren't just his confession, but her entire world. Something she had probably bottled up for a long time indeed and was now finally letting all out, to someone she knows she can trust to do it on. Someone who won't run away from her and will protect her, yet not limit or cage them. No, someone to free them and give them a springboard, then fly alongside them to the sky, up to Floor 100 and beyond.

Tristan smiled as she spoke. He gathered that it would of been hard to confess outright with so much, so this was just fine. "You are an amazing woman Flints, otherwise I would have said no. So yes, let us come to know each other closer than we will know anyone. I...I love you Flints. I think that needed saying, to be out there clearly.". His voice was less broken now, more supportive but gentle like a baby's touch as usual. He took her face and wiped a tear away with his thumb and said "Well, a type which is about to change with you in my life. With you with me, the only woman for my heart is you Flints. No one else. Buuuut, I'll take up the tank part....like maybe about now...." Tristan could hear the thundering of the Sand Shark travelling across the sand to them, even if seen is only a fin. "So. Let those claws out my queen of my world. Because we're about to show that we can do this together.". He grinned widely, full of glee and used <<Howl>> as per usual to get the attention on him.

Tristan 157/157 38/38 H: 4
Flints 60/60 15/15 H: 0
Sand Shark 125/125 dmg 30

ID: 38936

BD: 4+1 (5) (Failure) 

Flints was glad that Tristan didn't leave her side. She was glad that these things went well. When he said he loved her she buried her face into his chest and mumbled into it. She looked back up at him and pulled away as he tensed from the approaching enemy and reddened further when he called her "his queen" her heart fluttered a little and she quickly ran to the shark, that finally came up from the ground, he pulled himself out, his body taught and muscled, unlike a normal shark it had four legs and huge rugged claws for burrowing. It roared out to Tristan, who had its attention as flints began to shift and slip in the sand as it barrled through towards him, she tried her best to claw out to it but it ignored her and Antillian, she didn't notice it too much as her mind still reeled from the confessions. "I..I love you flints.." She kept thinking about what he said over and over again.  

Combat Results: 

Tristan: 157/157 38/38 Hate: 4

Flints: 60/60 15/15 ~> 13/15 Hate: 0

Sand Shark: 125/125 Dmg 30

ID: 38952

BD: 2 Miss MD 5 Miss

Tristan was happy to see the boss to an extent, as it meant they could focus on doing something, which helped break the tension. It had reached the point of no return for the two of them and it was obvious. Tristan smiled and watched as Flints missed, which he didn't mind at all, since she probably still had a lot weighing on her mind. Tristan would of gone for his own attack, but the Sand Shark came incredibly close to swinging their entire tail into both their faces, to which Tristan ducked the both of them, such that the tail swung over their heads harmlessly, albeit coming very close to hitting. Tristan took a breath of relief and returned to stance.

Combat Results: 

Tristan: 157/157 36/38 Hate: 4

Flints: 60/60 13/15 Hate: 0

Sand Shark: 125/125 Dmg 30

ID: 38961

BD: 8 (success) 

SwordArt activated: Shadow dance, (4x2) 

8x(5+3)= 64 

Flints used the opening the sand shark gave the two and charged it when it swung it's tail out to the two, she dug her nails deep to steady herself then quickly spun in and out of its range, landing 4 successful, well aimed slashes at its body before pulling away and returning to Tristan's side, grinning and nodding at him. "There we go.." She whispered to herself proudly, taking notice of her new found strength. 

Combat Results: 

Tristan157/157 36/38 Hate: 4

Flints60/60 13/15 ~> 5/15 Hate: 1

Sand Shark: 125/125 ~> 61/125 Dmg 30

ID: 38962

BD: 6 (success)
Sword Art activated: Hurricane (4x1)
4x7= 28 damage
MD: 6, 30-66=1 damage. activated flame thorns and achilles, 6+1=7 damage back.
Holy Blessing activated, 12 HP regen.

Tristan grinned at Flints at her attack, lightly bumping her side with his arm and saying "There you go, see, you're a better damage dealer than me. You're no dead weight, but precious to me." with a smile. Tristan charged forward with his own spear and used what was usually an area of attack sword art, but he wanted to deal as much damage as possible. The spear slashed the enemy several times with the spins, causing a chunk of damage. The Sand Shark lashed out in retaliation, but smacked only into his shield and did far worse to itself than Tristan was hurt. Even then, Tristan healed what he received, making the attack only benefit them rather than the monster.

Combat Results: 

Tristan: 157/157 29/38 Hate: 6

Flints: 60/60 5/15 Hate: 1

Sand Shark: 26/125 Dmg 30

ID: 36983

BD: 10 (Critical Success) Dmg+ 2 

Sword art Activated: PinPoint Distruction (3x2) 

6x(4+(3+2)= 54 

Flints blushed a little at Tristan's words and huffed. Before he could say any more she walked up to the shark who stood roaring at Tristan for burning it's rough hide, and stood between them, she growled at it as a wicked grin spread across her face. "Don't worry, you won't feel anything for much longer." With that she dug her claws deep into its snout, where all its sensory glands were, she listened to it wail out as she dug her free hand into its soft underside twice quickly, finding its throat. The large shark went limp and burst into pixels before her leaving her hands free from its flesh. She turned around and smiled sweetly despite the little show and cleared her throat. "Uh, that went well!" She shook her head trying to calm the rush of adrenaline she had gained in the midst of their battle. 

Combat Results: 

Tristan: 157/157 29/38 Hate: 6

Flints: 60/60 6/15 ~> 0/15  Hate: 2

Sand Shark: 26/125 ~> 0/126 DEAD INFLATA-SHARK  

Tristan smiled as the Sand Shark fell to pixels, Flints giving it a vicious blow to the jugular. Well, That sure was one way to take it out and was probably one of the most impressive ways he had seen as of late to end a boss in terms of ways to die. He could only impressed how much she had grown, testament of how their recent weeks of effort really had paid off tremendously. Not that they even finished yet, which made him smile excited. In fact while there were various miscellaneous quests, he thought that The Guardian of Fire might be the only boss left for them to do, oh and the banshee. The Banshee itself would be easier for them though and Guardian of Fire isn't so bad either, remembering when he facerolled it with Dom. He walked over to Flints, then said "Yes, we did do well.". He thought for a moment and then realised there was sometihng they had to get out the way. "This might sound dumb, but what is your name in real life? It seems only sensible to know now. Mine is actually my username, but I was curious of yours.". His hand on her was gentle along with his voice, feeling very happy and confident with Flints.

Flints stood back, small pants escaped her in the excitement as she smiled out at what used to be the sand shark but was now open air. She looked over to Tristan who lightly placed his hand against her as he spoke. "My name..?" Her heart began to race a little as she thought on the question. She had been Flints for so long now. She thought about the ones she was close to cooing her actual name to her. The thoughts made her become red as she looked blankly at Tristan. This simple question held more meaning to her than she thought. Once she calmed she took a small breath and spoke. "K-Kita...My name is Kita Mia." She coughed to clear her throat and cocked her head a little at Tristan. "You used your actual name?" She giggled. 

Tristan chuckled and nodded. "I did indeed choose my own name. I've never seen myself as someone who needs to hide, so I just use my name. Though using my full name might have not been the most well thought out of decisions I've done..." smiled at Flints, who turned red and then said her name. As a name, he found it strangely...sleek, if that made sense. He acknowledged her name and asked "Well would you prefer I called you Flints or Kita? I can foresee Kit being a very common nickname, but I'll call you what you want to be called.". Tristan wondered what it would of been like for him if people didn't consistently refer to him by his real name as it was his username, instead of an invented name. It would probably have quite an influence over what someone saying his name was like.

Tristan chuckled and nodded. "I did indeed choose my own name. I've never seen myself as someone who needs to hide, so I just use my name. Though using my full name might have not been the most well thought out of decisions I've done..." smiled at Flints, who turned red and then said her name. As a name, he found it strangely...sleek, if that made sense. He acknowledged her name and asked "Well would you prefer I called you Flints or Kita? I can foresee Kit being a very common nickname, but I'll call you what you want to be called.". Tristan wondered what it would of been like for him if people didn't consistently refer to him by his real name as it was his username, instead of an invented name. It would probably have quite an influence over what someone saying his name was like.

Flints looked away after saying her name and pondered if Tristan using his actual name was a good idea. She liked the sound of his name and purred happily once she finally got over telling him her name, she felt like it was a lot more intimate than just using her username, as she had proven with Endilix and Emerath. They and Isa were the only ones who knew her name in this death game but now so did Tristan. When he called her Kit she reddened further, it was short and simple. She loved it but didn't think any further of it in fear that she would pass out from the heat of the floor and the heat from her face. She laughed lightly and shook her head. "You can call me whatever you see fitting. I will answer to anything you choose for me, so long as it's not too demeaning. She chuckled. 

Tristan laughed and said "Please, to be demeaning is the last thing I'd do. If I were to do that to you, I'd have done it while you were level 6, not now. Would of been a much better opportunity to tease you Kit. Anyhow, so...how about we stroll back home? I have a feeling that you don't like the poor weather much. Maybe you could do the Traveler quest, which I can do with you if you wish even as a simple quest. It will help you get a skill called Survival that helps survive harsh environments like Floor 9 quests offer. It also helps with the discomfort in general.", ending it with a chuckle. "But anyway, I think...well...a lot has been said and done today. I think we all could do with rest." he said with a weary smile. He slightly moved his hand to reach to hers, but then retreated his hand in reconsideration after some thought on it. Right now he felt he had to watch carefully what he did, as he didn't want to push too far and lose 50 steps back when he just stepped 2 forward. Right now, he just needed to support her while she went through her internal struggle. "Remember, you don't have to suffer alone. Feel free to burden me your troubles.".

Flints grinned at his little jab and scoffed. "And even at level six, if you would have called me something demeaning I would have tried to fight you.." She gave a playful wink and ran her silvery index claw lightly against her neck, sticking out her tongue slightly. She felt comfortable joking with Tristan, even if she had a poor sense of humor. "Home..?" She thought about what he said and felt another sharp pang in her chest. "Where is home anymore.." She was too afraid to go home and face her mate. Too afraid of hurting the ones she loved. She glanced down at Antillian that was panting hard from the heat and gave him a sheepish smile. "Yeah looks like I could use the travelers quest to solve my overheating, and I could go for some rest...after I sort out my life a little..I've been a bad girl.." She snorted and laughed, trying her best to mask the plethora of feelings that were bombarding her under the surface. The anxiety was setting in. "I don't have a home after this..." She thought to herself. It was painful. She shook her head after yet another poorly placed joke and sighed. "Oddly enough I still feel that these things are something I have to go alone..." She shifted in the sands, her eyes closed as she wanted yet again nothing more than to go home.