(PP-F13) I Shouldn't Be Here (Manta, Tristan)

Spoiler

<<The Falling of Tagas>>

Non-Repeatable - Cannot be ever taken again after one time, even as a secondary party member

warrior battle army creatures war cities castle

Description:
The players must search for the Chapel named "The Final Astrea" as there have been rumors of Angel being seen from there. But when asked where the chapel might actually be, no one can seem to remember how to get there. Upon finding the Chapel, one would see that the grass has turned from the deadened state of brown to an eerie and disturbing purple. Once the players enter the Chapel and descend down the stairwell that is located in the center of the building, they come across two Necromancers that are corrupting an Angel.

Requirements:

• The Thread must be 2 Completed Pages (41+ Posts)
  • Players must score an LD of a 20+ when searching for the Chapel. If Players score an LD of a 4 or less, Skeletons with floor level strength spawn equal to the number of members in the party.
  • Both Mage Knights must be slain.
  • When Both Mage Knights die, Tagas engages the players and they must do one of two things. Save the Angel or Slay him;
  1. When trying to save Tagas, one must perform 2 successful First Aid Healing in a row before he is defeated.
  2. If no First Aid Attempts are used on Tagas for 2 straight player rounds (Full Player/NPC rotations), he becomes stronger. But yields stronger rewards
  3. Players may use First Aid Attempts to make him an easier fight, but yields lesser rewards.
  • Players can choose to solo this, but is recommended against that.
  • Maximum of 4 Members (Including the Party Leader) may do this quest at a time

Quest Monsters:

<Corrupted Mage-Knight> is a respawning Field Quest Mob and has the following statistics:

HP: 115
Mitigation: 15
Energy: 20
DMG: 20
Sword Arts: Flaming Strike (1x4) 4 Energy (Will use with one target)

Flaming Cleave (1x2 AOE) 4 Energy (If more than one target)

Special Effects: Wield Flaming swords that inflict Burn on an unmodified 8-10 upon an enemy (Regardless of missing). 4 Damage for 2 turns.

<Tagas the Corrupted> is a respawning Field Quest Boss and has the following statistics: (And also receives his own Battle Die and Craft Die. Do not use Monster Die for him or your quest thread will be nullified.)

HP350
Damage per Attack: 75

Mitigation: 25
Special Effects: Will mend 30 HP on a CD of a 10+.

Full Corruption (If he goes full corruption, his health returns to full and his stats become the following)
HP
: 650
Damage per Attack: 155

Mitigation: 65
Special Effects: Will blast all enemies for 30 damage that cannot be mitigated with a BD of a 10.

Rewards:

If Tagas is cured of Corruption

1. All Players receive 3 SP and 500 Col individually

2. Each Party Member will receive 1 Potion of Heavenly Mending, (When used recovers 15%(rounded up) of your missing health), and (Weapon Type) of the Blessed; Which has 2 ACC and 1 DMG.

3. Each Party Member will Inherit "Banner of Inspiration: 3 Charges, empowers you and three other players in a party with +20 overhealth for 1 battle. To refill 1 charge costs 5,000 col"

If Tagas is slain before Full Corruption

1. All Players receive 3 SP

2. Each Party Member will gain a Perfect Weapon named (Weapon type) of the Fallen; Which has 1 ACC and 2 DMG. And a Potion of Health - Heals 15 HP.

If Tagas is Slain when Fully Corrupted

1. All Players receive 4 SP

2. Each Party Member will receive the weapon as before, and a Potion of Fallen Strength; Increases your Damage by +3 but reduces your Mitigation by 9 for a Thread.

3. Each Party Member will inherit "Banner of Command: 3 Charges, empowers you and three other players in a party with +1 Damage for 1 battle. To refill 1 charge costs 5,000 col."

Ebony walked up to the floor one teleport, tentatively calling out 'Angel's Point'. A few moments later she arrived. After glancing around for a few moments, she decided that this place didn't look so bad. It had some nice buildings with stained glass, and everyone looked happy, at least in her opinion. This wasn't the 'death floor' that Manta had been telling her about. She wasn't there on a whim. She wasn't that dumb.  Normally she would steer clear of floors ten and up, but today she was going to be teaming up with her Sis, Manta, and the best tank of them all Tristan. It would be perfect, as together they formed the traditional rpg raid group. A tank to take the hits, a DPS to deal the damage, and a healer to heal when necessary. Still, she couldn't help feeling nervous about this floor, as though she was going to die here or something.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manta walked through Angel's point to find Ebony and Tristan. She eventually made it to the teleporter and found Ebony standing around there. To tell the truth, Manta didn't even want Ebony going on this quest. She didn't control her friend's life or decisions, so she felt like she had no right to tell her to head home. Having recently maxed out her rapier skills, Manta was certain that she was prepared for this quest, and with Tristan to tank for them, everything should work out just fine. The only thing she was worried about were AOE attacks. Tristan couldn't defend them from those.

Tristan cracked his neck and rolled his shoulders as he entered the 13th Floor, the first time he was fully going to go ham on it. This time, it was on a rather odd quest. Why? Because he woudn't be able to fully utilise his tanking until further into the fight, which was the exact reason that he actually came prepared. He had several basic health potions still to hand if there was AOE indiscriminate of players, he could use the health potions since his own damage was rather pitiful as it is, relying on his retaliatory effects of being hit. Not that he could mind too much, as it was just a sacrifice he had to take. Tristan waved when he saw the others and said "You ready? I have some potions to hand if needed.".

Ebony grinned to Tristan. She had decided to get some heavy armor and a skill to go with it, so she was plenty ready for this quest. She was support after all, nothing could go wrong a long as she did her job and healed the people that needed to be healed. She gave him a wave, wondering if he recognized her. She wouldn't fault him if he didn't, after all, they had only done that one quest, and he probably met all sorts of people. "I'm good." She said when he mentioned having potions. Manta had given her an uncommon one a while back and she'd never used it. "This looks to be a pretty cheery floor. Why is everyone saying it's the graveyard floor?"

Healing Stats (For my own reference):

Tristan: +19 HP

Manta: +11 HP

Edited by Ebony

Manta gave Tristan a large, full armed wave as he approached. She smiled and pulled out three health crystals. "I'm all set on that front." She said before putting them away. She looked over at Ebony, still regretting not asking her to stay back for this quest. She was some sort of daredevil, always going on these high level quests when she wasn't ready stat-wise. She let out a little sigh and opened her mouth to answer. "Well, you cant really see it from here, as the buildings are blocking it. But out there, past the buildings lies adesolate wasteland. It's pretty graveyard-ish, trust me."

Tristan nodded to them both and took his spear and shield out while wearing his full armor, ready to begin the attack on the mobs. "Alright, just go when you're ready and I'll be right there for you. After all, I don't want to rush you on a dangerous mission and all." He smiled, happy that Manta invited him as it meant she finally saw herself strong enough to be on the same team as him and not too weak and that she had confidence in her power, though he also bet not overconfidence.

Ebony nodded and started heading to the edge of the safe area. A big part of this quest seemed to be searching, and she was all set to get that boring part over. She pulled out the black diamond that she had crafted a while back and attached it to the shoulder of her armor. She looked around but couldn't see anything. That was no surprise as she was on the edge of the safe zone though. "All we have to do it find this place. From there it should be a piece of cake." She said, overconfident in her own combat abilities.

(Dagger is vanity item for now)

ID# 39057 results:

Loot: 11 (+2)= 13 Fail

Manta didn't move as Ebony marched off to start on the quest. "I don't think it's all that dangerous for you, and I think ill be fine even in case of an AOE, but Ebony isn't a front liner, so im worried about her." She explained before walking after Ebony. She caught up pretty quickly as Ebony had stopped at the outskirt and was scanning the horizon. Manta copied her and looked around but couldn't see anything. Was this one of those quests where you had to spend hours searching for the quest area? It was going to be a long day.

ID# 39058 results:

Loot: 4 Fail

Tristan nodded to what Manta said in that it would indeed be one of those longer days for searching it seems. This is where someone like Calrex would be handy who had a great level of search which benefit them a lot. Tristan never felt like he had the skill points spare since every point he got into defence felt like a necessity and all. "Indeed it seems like its going to be a long da-" he bumped into some skeletons who were in the way and said "Well, we did find something..." Then used immediately in reaction his AOE sword art to chop them down from where they stood. "Alright, let's get on with it then..." He muttered as he did the attacks to the enemy.

ID# 39089 results:

Loot: 1 Fail

BD 10, (7+2)x4=36damage. 36-13= 23 damage. Hurricane used, 8 energy lost 

Tristan 157/157 E: 30 H: 3

Skeleton 29/52

Skeleton 29/52

Skeleton 29/52

Stats: 39 damage 13 mitigation

Ebony unsheathed her dagger and rushed in. She didn't have a ton of attack or defense, but she was going to help out as much as she could. She twirled in place, holding her dagger out and slashing each creature twice with her dagger. It didn't do much damage, and might have been really stupid as she now had hate equal to Tristan's. She just had to hoped that they wouldn't attack her.

ID# 39097 results:

Battle: 6

Loot: 13 (+2)= 15 Fail

Tristan 157/157 E: 30 H: 3 (11-20 LD)

Ebony: 80/80 E: 16  H: 3 (1-10 LD)

Skeleton 28/52 (-1)

Skeleton 28/52 (-1)

Skeleton 28/52 (-1)

Manta unsheathed her own rapier and prepared to take one of the skeletons out. The sight of the chapel in the distance reminded her of her purpose here though. She didn't have energy to spare on these skeletons, she would need every last bit for the part of the quest they were coming up on. Tristan looked like he was dealing a good amount of damage, so they shouldn't be held up too long. "Umm." She pointed behind the skeletons to the building in the distance. "I think I found it." She said, realizing exactly what she was staring at. She looked back to see all three skeletons attacking Tristan, but missing. This fight wasn't going to last very long, she could already tell.

ID# 39098 results:

Loot: 20 Success!

MOB: 3 Miss

Tristan 157/157 E: 30 H: 3 (11-20 LD)

Ebony: 80/80 E: 16  H: 3 (1-10 LD)

Manta: 92/92 E: 23 H: 0

Skeleton 28/52

Skeleton 28/52

Skeleton 28/52

Edited by Manta Gaul

(Ebony has 2 Hate from crit. I have 3 because of Fighting Spirit skill)

Tristan could only laugh as Manta pointed out that they had found the place, saying "Of course it is when we're fighting that we find the place! Oh well, these things are as good as dead anyway.", the monsters death soon impending, unless Manta or Ebony decided to give them a premature ending. Tristan merely sighed and didn't even bother aim for them anymore with their fate sealed, thinking about their next more important battle. He wondered if they would manage it, since if Ebony was hit by the AoE they would need to use potions or such, as First Aid could not be used on yourself.

ID# 39099 results:
MD 10, 41-66=1 damage x3. Flame Thorns activated and Achilles activated, 7 damage and 2 turn burn for 2 dmg.
BD 9, (7+1)x4=32damage. 32-13= 19 damage. Hurricane used, 8 energy lost 
Holy Blessing activated, heal 12 HP.

Tristan 157/157 E: 22 H: 3
Ebony: 80/80 E: 16  H: 2
Skeleton 2/52 Burn 2/2
Skeleton 2/52 Burn 2/2
Skeleton 2/52 Burn 2/2

(Oh, I thought it was one hate from each. XD )

Ebony stepped back to let Tristan take the lead with the skeletons. He was much stronger, and the skeletons seemed to be hurting themselves the more they attacked. That was pretty awesome, and Ebony debated getting a thorn enhancement on her shield. If he was even using thorns. She sheathed her dagger as the skeletons last remnants of health faded away. It looked like they were all set to head to the chapel now.

Tristan 157/157 E: 22 H: 3
Ebony: 80/80 E: 17  H: 2
Skeleton 0/52 Burn 1/2
Skeleton 0/52 Burn 1/2
Skeleton 0/52 Burn 1/2

( @Celesmeh Go ahead and come in here if youd like)

Celes had not been expecting to fight now,  but when she saw Tristan she immediately ruched forward. Family came first,  he was her brother after all... She lunged forward,  readying an attack only to she someone else destroy the beats where the stood.  Once she got closer she greeted them in a huff "Christ,  Tristan,  manta don't scare me like that!" 

Tristan turned around to see Celes, who right now was possibly one of the only other people he wanted to see right now. He ran to Celes and grabbed her arms and kissed her cheek excitedly saying "My brother, you're here! Perfect! Couldn't have asked for any better person. While the latter half of this quest is alright, the first half could really do with someone great in AOE like you!". He held her hand as he walked back and towards the location Manta found for the next part of the quest. "The next few enemies have AOE attacks which can seriously hurt our low levels like Ebony here. So because my damage is lacking and Manta's rapier is designed for one on one, you're actually the best person right now to have for this!".

Manta smiled, glad for the help. Although she had been hoping to let loose with her sword skills, it was always better to be safe, especially when Ebony was around. Although Ebony was probably fine with her mitigation and health, Manta couldn't help worrying about her. She only hoped that Celesmeh would save one of the enemies for her. "You don't need to worry about me or Tristan. He's the best Tank around, and im one of the best at dodging." She bragged both about her and Tristan. She was certain that Celesmeh already knew all about Tristan's tanking, but she said it anyway.

Ebony noticed a new woman running up to them. It looked like they would be having company on this quest. She wasn't worried about the woman being a PKer or anything, as Tristan was the strongest player she knew, and Manta was pretty fast herself. The others all seemed to be acquainted though, making Ebony feel a little left out. She took a step towards the woman and held her hand out. "I'm Ebony, healer extraordinaire." She said, bowing a little, her hand still out for a handshake. 

Celes smiled at her friends and turned to Ebony as she introduced herself,  taking her hand she placed a light kiss,  her lips barely brushing her knuckles.  "it is an honour to meet you dear,  I am relieved we have a competent healer.  I may need you!"  She says warmly.  She turns to manta and chuckles.  "Oh I'm sure you guys don't need me much!  But I'm glad to help!  How have you been manta darling?" 

Ebony blushed bright red as Celesmeh placed a light kiss on her hand. She had considered doing the same thing, but it was different when someone did it to you. She continued to blush as Celesmeh complimented her and said she was glad to have a competent healer. Ebony had always thought she was a pretty good healer, but this woman hadn't even seen her heal yet and thought that. At least someone recognized her true potential as a healer.

Manta wasn't the bowing sort, so she just stuck to standing there. "While we could probably push through this quest without you, we would still have to push." She explained. "With you here the workload is distributed so we should be able to complete this easily now." She watched as Celesmeh kissed Ebony's hand, drawing a blush from her, something that Manta had never seen on Ebony's face before. She ignored it though, choosing to answer Celesmeh's question. "I've been doing very well thank you." She said politely, if a little bit stiffly. She didn't really know how to react to Celesmeh.