[F9-PP] They fear us, 'cause we're the law! <Bandit Camp> (Macradon, Jomei)[Completed]

It was quite different, he had never been at this place before. The 9th floor was nothing like he thought. He walked out of the warp plaza and saw the Vulcan Village. He would get out of the plaza and begin to look for someone to party with. The reason Macradon was here on the 9th floor was because he had heard about this quest about some Bandits. Quests were a big thing in this game as they were one of the big sources of experience so that was a plus to find a new quest. He knew he wouldn't be able to solo the quest as it was on the 9th floor. The last soloing he had going was on the 8th floor against 2 wild mobs and nearly died to he knew he needed support. He would send out a local message so he would be able to find someone partying with him. 

Hello, stranger.
My name is Macradon and I have a request.
I'm looking for party members to do a quest known as <Bandit Camp>.
If you're interested please meet up at the plaza asap.

He hoped the message would get out to someone with an interest in this, hopefully someone else knowing this quest wanted to go take the quest as well. "C'mon, c'mon, someone show up" he thought as he would just find a bench and wait at the plaza. He was still unsure if anyone on this floor was interested or not, if not he had to go alone.

Edited by Macradon

"Hm?" Jomei had been lounging on the grass near the beach on Floor Eleven, resting his eyes and hoping to take a short cat nap. That was until he got the ping of a private message from someone. Opening his eyes, Jomei saw the small icon floating there. Lifting up his hand from behind his head, Jomei tapped the little golden envelope and it expanded into a larger box containing the virtual letter. It was not, in face, a private message, but more of a request sent out to any players on the surrounding floors, asking for help with a quest. Jomei read through the contents that were lined up ever so nicely, "Macradon, huh." The man wanted help with the the quest known as Bandit Camp. He remembered such a mission from attempting to complete it with Lessa, however because of unforeseen circumstances, they needed to fall back on their plans. So for the time time being, the quest sat in his uncompleted Quest log. "Seems like a good enough time to go take care of that then." He got up off of the ground and head back into town, where he warped down to Floor Nine.

Jomei's body materialized onto the lava infested Floor Nine, in the middle of Vulcan Village. Jomei let out a sigh of relief when he realized the heat was not as brutal as it once was, being he now had the Survival skill. "Alright, now time to find this Macradon." He had never met this man before, so he had no idea who he was or what he looked like. After walking around, trying to figure out just who this mysterious man was. Jomei stood there, rubbing the back of his neck.. hoping the man would realize Jomei was looking for him. 

Macradon had been sitting on the bench for a little while waiting for someone to join him on the quest. As he sat there he would think on a strategy, what would be the best way to proceed the bandits. Maybe a stealthy approach ... or maybe not. Macradon didn't have any skills that would conceal him so that thought was gone. Maybe a full frontal assault taking as many down as possible. Macradon was unsure if it was a solid strategy so he would wait and discuss it with his possible party members. As he waited there a person emerged from the warp gate. It seemed like a person knowing what he was doing, or so Macradon thought. The man walked around the plaza looking for someone, Macradon would knock it out of his mind for a second or two until he realized it probably was him he was looking for. With that now embed into his mind he would stand up and walk towards the man. "Well hello there!" he would say "I'm Macradon, I guess you're here for the quest?" he would ask.

Sounded like a man was greeting Jomei, so he turned to face where the voice was coming from. He introduced himself as Macradon, the one Jomei was just looking for in fact, and gathered that Jomei had been there for the quest. "Aye. Got your message. I've had the quest sitting in my log for the past few months now and have been hesitant to go back at it. Seeing as someone like yourself needs the help with it though was enough motivation to get off of my ass and finish it." The man smirked, "Oh, and I'm Jomei by the way. Pleasure to meet you." Lifting his hand to open up his menu, Jomei equipped his Stormguard armor and Summerthorn rapier. "If you want to invite me to your party and all, we could get going whenever you are ready" the irishman crossed his arms at his chest and waited for the man. "Any idea how you'd like to tackle these bandits? Or is that a conversation for the road?"

Macradon had confirmed that this was one of those who wanted to join him on the quest, probably the only one to join him. Macradon thought that this Jomei was the only one to go with him so he would relax from that and equip his own armor. His steel pouldron, steel cuirras and his greatsword Crusader. Macradon was ready to go and heard that Jomei had done the quest a bit beforehand so he would know something about the bandits. "I appreciate the help" he would say as Jomei had offered his help to Macradon in this quest, which was nice as Macradon was sure to get it through the quest in a pair. "I haven't really made a big tactic on tackling the bandits, but I thought of just storming in and take them down at once as I don't have anything that I can sneak with" he would say as he pulled fro his thoughts. The two of them should be able to take the bandits down, indeed if Macradon would be able to stun the bandits and then get attacks at them.

"Of course, lad. Helping you is helping myself as well." he said with a chuckle. After getting their bearings together, the two began to make their way out of the town of Vulcan Village. Macradon admitted he had no real strategic plans for taking on the bandits, other than rushing in and taking them out. Jomei laughed at the man's honesty, "I can respect that. I actually do not have any sneak skills either.. so it would be rather though for us to do that then eh? Just taking them all on at the same time should not prove to be too difficult for us.." Jomei knew it should not be a problem, however he was not sure at the same time. He would have never fought this enemies at once before.. and with only the two of them, it could prove to be a slight pain, especially if they all land powerful attacks on the two. Jomei took a deep breath, if he worried, it would only put the two in danger and come true in the end. 

"I have this strategy ..." he would begin "... If I jump in and stun all of them we have a free turn to do damage" he finished. It was quite nice if he had a possible way of attacking and stunning them. As a two handed sword wielder, AOE was something he had a lot of, and with the stun effect added it would be a good thing. As they walked towards the location of the camp Macradon would make sure he was ready to face them all at the same time. Jomei seemed like a person with enough damage to follow up on Macradon so it seemed like a fine idea to rush in and get them stunned so Jomei could take one or two down before they could attack again. They would soon arrive at a place that looked like a camp and it probably was the camp for the bandits. Macradon was standing a bit far away from the place so he wouldn't get noticed yet. "There it is I think" he would say and point at the direction. Macradon was not so sure if that was the place, but Jomei would know if it was there or not.

Jomei listened to Macradon's idea to stun all of the enemies using an area attack. That would give Jomei the opportunity to finish off the bandits with lower leveled sword arts, so he would not wear himself out too quickly. Jomei nodded, "Fair enough." Jomei tapped his fingers on the handle of his rapier, thinking over the strategy in his head, and just how this fight might turn out. Everything should, hopefully, go smoothly. He took a deep breath as the two approached their destination, a camp set up with a couple of makeshift fences, and large tents. He was unsure of just how many bandits they needed to take out, for there could have been more in the tents. Jomei crouched and slowly pulled his rapier from its sheath, "Ready when you are." 

"Let's go!" he'd say and run forwards, he would make a loud battle cry to get the bandits' attention so they all grouped up to defend Macradon's assault. As Macradon ran forward he would unsheathe his big two handed sword and hold it in one hand in an ice pick grip with his right hand which would result in his sword beginning to glow. He would get into stance with his right hand by his hips with the sword pointing backwards and his left hand on the sword's pommel. With his <Charge> skill he would fly forward in a vast speed to end up in front of the 4 bandits. He would lift his sword and make a horizontal cleave on the all 4 at the same time from the right to the left. When he had cleaved through them all he would change grip he would be able to do a horizontal cleave through them from the left. He was aiming at the vital points of the bandits, the knees and the throat/shoulders to make sure they either flinched or were unable to move. "Your turn!" he would call out as he had now stunned the 4 of those that were in sight.

Spoiler

ID: 39829
BD: 10, crit +2 dmg. Charge +1 dmg. Burst 1x2x10=20 + stun

Macradon
Health: 70/70
Energy: 8/15
Hate: 2

Bandit 1: 50/70 stunned
Dmg: 20

Bandit 2: 50/70 stunned

Bandit 3: 50/70 stunned

Bandit 4: 50/70 stunned

Edited by Macradon

With a nod, Jomei followed closely after Macradon, holding his rapier down and at the ready. Macradon let out a cry to get the bandit's attention, and they all grouped up, ready for their assault. Looking over his shoulder, Jomei noticed there were only four bandits. A smirk etched on his lips, since his original thought was that there would be more. This would make things quite simple for the two men about to take them on. Just as planned, Macradon swung his large sword with two powerful blows, knocking all of the bandits back off of their feet. Jomei took this as the opportunity to take out one of the bandits. Using his own Charge skill, he quickly ran around Macradon with high speeds. When he was within striking range of one of the bandits, who had not yet fallen to the floor, Jomei let his sword fly forward with a powerful horizontal strike. After his initial hit, he continued to slash into the bandit, horizontally and vertically, creating a large white and red gash on the bandit's chest. He fell backwards,shattering into a rain of white data crystals. 

ID: 39889
BD: 4(+2) = 6
Charge Activated
+1 Mat
+350 col

Crucifixion: (8+1)x6=54

Jomei: 129/129( 23/29)
Macradon: 70/70 (8/15)

Bandit 1: -4/70

Bandit 2: 50/70 stunned

Bandit 3: 50/70 stunned

Bandit 4: 50/70 stunned

Jomei flew forwards and used his sword and finished off one of the bandits. Macradon would follow up with his AOE attack that would deal as much damage as possible. Macradon would get into stance so he would align himself with the last 3 bandits. When he had aligned himself so that his attack would hit them all. He would get into a right neben guard that had his sword at his lower right. He would alter his body to a lower build where he would lean forward with his right leg in a position where it would easily use a sprig action to jump forward. The sword would begin to glow and make him move by the help of the system. The first strike hit them all, cleaving upwards in a straight diagonal strike moving his whole body through the air, making a jump that made him spin in the air. The next strike was a normal left upper strike also going diagonally and make his sword fly down into a neben guard again. His body moved forward while lifting up his sword again cleaving through all the bandits and as he drew the sword up from the ground he would spin around so that he would make a turn to hit them all again with a middle strike through them all. The bandits were all low now which would make it easier for Jomei to make a quick cleanup.

Spoiler

ID: 40271
BD: 9, crit +1. Lightning 4x1x8=32

Macradon
Health: 70/70
Energy: 1/15
Hate: 4

Bandit 2: 18/70

Bandit 3: 18/70

Bandit 4: 18/70

Edited by Macradon

Jomei's battle partner had landed another powerful area of attack. He smirked, he could tell this Macracon was pretty damn powerful as if, and he wondered just why he looked for help on a quest he was mostly doing on his own. Nonetheless, Jomei was here now and he was going to help out and not let Macradon take all of the credit. The man rushed forward to one of the bandit's closest to him and let his gold glowing sword go swinging with the system's assistance, cutting a large V shape into the body of the bandit. Just as last time, the enemy vaporized into white crystals. "Theres two, lets finish these last two guys." 
ID: 40526
BD: 10
+1 Mat
+350 col

Rip Ravine: 2x(8+2) = 20

Jomei: 129/129( 20/29)
Macradon: 70/70 (8/15)

Bandit 2:  -2/70 stunned

Bandit 3: 18/70 stunned

Bandit 4: 18/70 stunned

"Sure thing!" he'd say and rush forward with a powerful thrusts. He was set into a pflug guard where his left leg was the at the front and the right leg at his hind. The sword hilt was at hip height and the point of the sword towards one of the bandits. Macradon would rush up and do the heavy piercing attack. He would thrust his sword at the bandit. But it was fast enough to react from the stun that disappeared. The two bandits were not affected by the stun anymore so they'd be fast enough to dodge Macradon's attack. The other bandit went forwards and made a cut at Macradon, slicing into him. "Dammit ..." he muttered.

Spoiler

ID: 40688
BD: 4, miss.
MD: 5, miss

ID: 40689
MD: 9, crit +1. 21-14=7 dmg

Macradon
Health: 63/70
Energy: 1/15
Hate: 4

Bandit 2: -2/70

Bandit 3: 18/70

Edited by Macradon

The man stepped next to Macradon, "You alright?" he said over to him quickly, addressing the wound across his body. From what Jomei could see, his health bar was still clearly in the green, so there was no immediate danger to his companion. He spun his sword in his hand before holding it straight out in front of him, setting his sights on another one of the lowly bandits. "Get another attack ready, "I'll take care of this one." Pushing off of his back foot, Jomei propelled himself forward towards his opponent using the speed from his <Sprint> skill. The bandit gripped his blade in both hands in preparation for the irishman's attack. With a swift flick of his wrist, Jomei's rapier crashed into the short sword of the bandit, easily opening his defenses. He then charged up a sword skill, piercing his blade three times into the chest of the bandit, ending his life just as quickly as his attack. 

ID: 41105
BD: 7(+2) = 9
+1 Mat

Accel Stub: 3x9 (27 dmg)

Jomei: 129/129( 18/29)
Macradon: 63/70 (1/15)

Bandit 2:  -2/70 

Bandit 3: -9/70

"Yeah, I'm fine" Macradon would say as the scratch that he got wasn't much, but still damage that went through his armor. Macradon saw how Jomei threw the attack and finished off yet another bandit. It was getting easy to just cleanup. Macradon had the AOE to slowly get them all low enough for Jomei to handle, at the hate that Macradon had gathered from the bandits also made it easier for Jomei to just keep on attack while Macradon tanked attacks. "Here I go!" Macradon said and got into a pflug guard with his hilt at his hip and the point towards his opponent. His sword would glow as he rushed forward into a stab into the bandit. He penetrated deeply into the bandit before pulling his blow back but the bandit still had some energy left so it went for an attack at Macradon before he could get out of reach. Macradon was hit as he went out of range, but the big red mark on the bandit was a clear reminder of the damage Macradon was able to deal. "Now finish him!" Macradon said to Jomei.

Spoiler

ID: 41112
BD: 6. Heavy momentum +1. 1x2x8=16 dmg.
MD: 8. 20-14=6 dmg.

Macradon: 57/70 (0/15)

Bandit 4: 2/70 

Edited by Macradon

Macradon made up for his his last attack by dealing significant damage to the remaining bandit. Jomei watched as his large blade stabbed through the bandit's body and its health bar dropped into the red, stopping with just a sliver of life remaining. Macradon called out for Jomei to finish the job, and he replied with a nod. He lunged forward with his rapier pulled back, looking to end the bandit with a clean pierce through the chest. However, as the last minute, the bandit was able to use the last of its energy to throw his body out of the way.

ID: 41113
BD: 2 (+2) miss

Jomei: 129/129( 17/29)
Macradon: 63/70 (1/15)

Macradon only needed to do one last attack to get this bandit down but Macradon's energy was too low for him to do anything. His virtual body was too tired to finish off a sword art so he had to go for the normal strike. Macradon rushed at the bandit and made a last attempt on killing it with a swing at its torso. He swung his sword but the bandit managed to parry the attack and then go for a riposte at Macradon. Macradon was quick enough to react and pulled his sword back while bringing it to the side, parrying the oncoming attack. Neither of them hit and Macradon was in no condition of keeping this little duel going on for much longer. "We need to get him now! My energy gauge is empty!" Macradon would shout out at Jomei so they could finish it off before Macradon wasn't anything else than a human wall.

Spoiler

ID: 41125
BD: 2
MD: 3

Macradon: 63/70 (0/15)

Edited by Macradon

Macradon did not have enough energy to land a critical blow on the bandit. Jomei chuckled, remembering the last time he was in that situation in the middle of the desert on Floor Five. He was lucky he did not die that day, passing out in the middle of a sandstorm. "Well alright then." The man said, spinning his sword once in his hand and slowly walking up to the bandit. The bandit did not notice Jomei's slow approach until his was already a mere couple of feet in front of him, but by then it was too late. Without even activating a sword art, Jomei slashed his sword diagonally upward, cutting straight across the bandit's chest and finishing him off. He brought his rapier back down and put it back in its scabbard. "Well... that was fun." he said with a smirk. 

ID: 41129
BD: 9
LD:11
+1 Mat
+350 Col

Jomei: 129/129( 18/29)
Macradon: 63/70 (0/15)

Bandit 4: 0/70 

Total loot from fight: 1050 col, 4 mats. 

Macradon sighed in relief as the two had slain the bandits. It seemed like this quest was giving out good. Money and exp which was great for the two of them, who wouldn't want more exp? Though the quest was a quest, there were no special loot coming from this one like amplifying anything, though the loot was money they could still use it, who wouldn't want money. "Gosh that was one heck of a fight" he would say in a fight as he sheathed his sword again. It seemed like the chests around the camp were lootable. It was quite nice that there were more money than what the bandits dropped, it was quite something. "Quest complete, I guess" he said with a chuckle as that sentence could've been cheesy if said properly.

"Aye. I guess so." The irishman said, crossing his arms at his chest. His green eyes scanned the now deserted camp, which just left the two of them now. The tents were barren, and the fire was still burning as the dust from the battle settled. Jomei noticed a couple of chests around the camp.. most likely containing the possessions and, possibly, even some col of the bandits. Jomei scratched at the light hairs on his chin. "Hm... Well.. I don't think the bandits will be needing that stuff now, will they." his lips hooked into a smirk. He lifted his arm and held it pointing forward, "Go ahead, you go check it out. I got some col from taking out the bandits anyway, plus this was your quest..so you keep what you find."