[PP-F4] Zandra and Jomei (Part 4)

Zandra blushed, even when she used the one handed straigth sword she had got as reward from one of the easiest quests in game as a platform. She still couldnt reach the grip she was looking for. Then Jomei had comed to her rescue and pushed her up. He also took out the sword before she ran up to a platform. He then gave the sword back to Zandra.''Th-Thank you.'' She took the sword, jumped and cracked it into the ice wall. Then she pulled herself up as last time. She was still to far from next grip. So she equiped her trusted dagger, claw of the northern ice-dragon. She used the sword as a springboard to give her some extra boost. After a last powerful move she jumped up and the sword loosened from the wall, falling to the floor and scatter into pixels, moving back to her inventory. When at highest point she hitted the dagger in the wall, making a steady grip. Then she reached to pull herself up to next platform. Like this she continued her climb. It did take a pretty long time compared to what it hwould have taken for Jomei with his skills. But after almost an hour of climbing, they was at the top.''Phew, finaly up.'' she fell down on the ground, breathing heavily to fill her body with fresh air.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei watched from the platform as Zandra leapt towards the wall again, planting her dagger into the ice. She used the sword, and eventually even her dagger, as ice picks to help make it easier to grab onto things and climb up the side of the mountain. He watched her movements for a moment before starting his own climb, just to make sure the girl would not slip and fall. Scanning the wall for something to grab, Jomei noticed a small alcove in the ice that he was able to jump and grab onto. He did not have a dagger like Zandra, so climbing my be a lot tougher for him... even with his <Acrobatics> skill. He reached upwards, grabbing onto a thick icicle, which he used to pull himself up. Looking up at his girlfriend, she used the sword once again as a spring board, jumping off of it and showing her dagger into the wall. The shock caused the blade to dislodge from the wall and fall down, straight towards Jomei. The man, with wide eyes, quickly let go of one of the icicles he was holding on to, and the sword passed just by him. "Jeez.." He then turned his body back around, and continued to climb. After climbing for a very.. very long time, he finally found himself grabbing the top ledge above him. Pulling himself up one more time, he made it onto the ledge and let his body fall forward, his torso and head resting in Zandra's lap. "That... was... insane..." he said, breathing heavy. 

Zandra laid in the sow, breathing heavily. She felt something on her lap. When she pushed herself up into sitting postiion. Then she saw it was a red haired head. She gently brushed his hair out from his face and looked at him. Moving her hand across his cheek. She looked into the green eyes when she bent her head down and gave him a kiss.''Are you tired Jomei? Maybe this was too much for an irishman.'' She smiled at him.''Close your eyes.'' Then she moved his head from her lap and pushed herself up, dragging Jomei up so he stood beside her. She turned him so they was facing the same direction.''Okay, you can open your eyes now.'' What they saw was they was almost on the top of a mountain. They was so high up so they could see all the way to snowfrost town. The sun that was on way down was refelcted in the frozen seas and the sunbeams shined on the countless snowflakes that was falling down.''Another of my beutiful places dont you think?'' she gripped his arm and leaned on him, her head on his shoulder.

Jomei rested his eyes for a moment as his head lay in Zandra's lap. Honestly, he felt as though he could fall asleep right here in this position. He felt the girl's hand brush across his cheek before she gave him a light kiss. He returned with a smile, opening his eyes and looking up into hers. "Just needed a moment.. we were climbing for a pretty long time. Felt like I was going to fall a couple times back there even."  She the asked him to close his eyes , which he did. He let his eyelids shut over his olive green eyes. He then felt Zandra gently move his head from her lap and grab his shoulders to bring him up into a standing position. After a moment, she told him he could open his eyes again. As his eyelids opened once again, Jomei saw he was looking out over one of the tallest mountains he had ever seen. He felt like they were so high up off of the ground that he could reach Floor Six just by jumping up. The sun reflected on the mountain and seas of ice, creating a truly beautiful scene. "Th... this is incredible.." he said softly.

Zandra was happy that Jomei did liked the view. She had wanted to return to this place several times. But since the way here is almost a challenge just the travel, she havent done it. But now when she was gonna show Jomei something special, she thougth this was the place.''Jomei, this place have many times crossed my mind. Ive wanted to come here watch the sunset with you. But it havent realy been any opportunity. And since it takes some time to get back, we maybe wouldnt have made it when we was lower leveled. Even if we are on floor four, in the dark a small group could kill you. But now both of us have gotten stronger. What do you say, do you wanna sit down and watch the sunset with me?'' she looked up, she was happy but you cant smile forever.

Spoiler

33jh62o_zpsc6gqsoiw.jpg

Jomei's gaze was still captivated by the sight in front of him. He looked down at the town of Snowfrost, each building looking like a small pebble from where he was. He turn turned to Zandra as she spoke about how she wanted to bring him here to watch the sunset many times. She also added that this place could have killed them, but being they were stronger than they once were, they were able to make it through the caves just fine. Jomei smiled and nodded to the girl, "Of course I'll watch the sunset with you, Zandra." he smiled warmly at the girl. He brought his arm out of Zandra's grasp, and grabbed at the end of his cloak. Bringing his arm around Zandra, he wrapped half of his cloak over her shoulder. He then placed his hand on her arm and held her close to him in a slight embrace. 

Jomei aagreed to enjoy the sunset together with her. He placed half his cloak over her as well, so they both standing close to each other, both beeing covered by the green cloak. Zandra have never felt someones bodywarmth like this before. She wished this moment could last forever. Even if this was wonderful, a thougth attacked her mind.''I just got to think about a thing. Since both of us are getting pretty strong, soon we gonna make a different in the upcoming boss fights. Does that gonna give us a responsibility to help clear the game, for the sake of all lower that havent becaome as strong yet.'' She had thougth about it for a long time, and it felt nice to talk with someone about it. Even if he didnt answer, she had said it and lifted a rock from her chest.

Jomei listened to Zandra's question and he slowly nodded in understanding. "Well.." he started off, "I guess it does, yeah." he felt a warmth in his heart when he agreed to the girl's thought. The thought of people looking up to him and the others as the clearers, or front liners, really made him feel special.. that he had really come a long way from that lonely man sitting in a bar every day hoping it would all blow over. He chuckled, "But of course.. where we will make a difference, and have to fight these bosses.. it doesn't mean that we can't change our minds if we want to.. sit out on a boss fight or two.. just focus on us." he said with a smile. He gently rubbed Zandra's arm and turned to her, "I'm really glad you are going to be there with me at the boss fight in a couple of days."

The sun was slowly disapearing behind the horison, almost like it was going to bed. Jomei had told her that he would think it was okay for them to decide to skip a boss or two, just focusing on the two of them. It was a different feeling, she now was special not only to the man beside him, that she loved and was loved by. But she was also important for all players of Aincrad. Of course not as much as Tristan and Zelrius. But they was at least not low levels anymore.''Well, the sun have disapeared and its starting to get dark. What about we starting to head back home to my shop?'' she said and took a step back from Jomei, leaving the warmth under his cloak. Now when the sun have disapeared, she felt the cold even more. So she equiped her halfplate armour again, with her new black cloak attached to her back. Now she felt warmer.

The sun had now set over the beautiful landscape. It was now dark where they stood, with the only source of light being the moon above them. Which meant it was most likely going to get colder as well, and Jomei did not want to put Zandra through that. "I agree, let's head back.. But..." He looked around at the darkened area around them, the only notable way of getting back being climbing down the treacherous wall they made their way up. "How are we going to get back down? It might be pretty tough to climb down the side of the cave in complete darkness.." The man crossed his arms over his chest, looking to see if there were any other ways of scaling the mountain.

Oh darn, Zandra suddenly realised the weak spot in her plan. And it wasnt a very good moment she realised it at.''Ehe, well.''she scratched the back of her head, letting out a nervous giggle. Sweat appeared on her forehead.''Ehm, that was a pretty serious miss I made there wasnt it.'' what was she? Stupid?''Im sorry. I have realy no idea how we should get back. To climb back in the hole would be impossible. At least for me. Im not sure you gonna be able to do it with me on your back, not even with your skills. Maybe alone.'' she looked down. Couldnt meet the beutiful eyes of her boyfriend. That this amazing day would abrupt in such a ugly ending.''Also, its to deep to jump down, we wouldnt survive the fall.'' What was they gonna do? It was getting even colder and darker by every minute that passed. Zandra walked to a nearby rock and sat down with her elbows on her knees and forehead resting in her open hands, trying deperatly to find a way back to town.''I dont even have any teleportation crystals. That I used last time.''she mumbled to herself.

Jomei chuckled when Zandra admitted she had not thought about getting back down the mountain, for last time she had a teleportation crystal. Jomei knew he had one in his inventory, but only one of them would be able to make it back to the town with no problems. He thought about giving it to Zandra, and then risking his own life to climb back down the mountain. She also mentioned climbing down with her on his back, but again.. he had enough trouble getting up on his own. There could have been the possibility of climbing the side of the mountain.. but some parts were much steeper than the rest. He looked around, his arms crossed.He then caught glimpse of Zandra, who was looking down at the snow, feeling bad about not knowing how to get down. Jomei walked up to her and placed his hands on her shoulders, using one of his hands to pick her head up to look her in the eyes. He smiled at her, "Hey. Don't feel bad. I'm sure we will find something. And if not, I'll keep you warm until it gets warm." he leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the lips. "Now come on, lets see if we can't find another way down." 

Zandra felt a little better when she felt Jomeis lips on hers. She gathered some new hope. Thou she still couldnt figure out a way to get down. Jomei suggested that they should search if there was another way down. Zandra scrathced her chin.''Hmm... Just got an idea, its pretty insane, but if there is no other choice, hmm... What do you say if we aim for that small river down there, the one that havent freezed. Then we jump and uses out cloaks as parachutes? Wouldnt it be exiting?'' she thougth it was a stupid idea, but still it was an idea, and she wanted to hear the opinion from the man she trusted most of in the whole world, in and out of game. If he thougth it was a good idea, she would gather enough courage to fulfill it.

Jomei's eyes widened, "T-That really is crazy" he admitted with a nervous chuckle. For Zandra, maybe it was a good idea since she was lighter than Jomei.. but for the irishman, who was taller and weighed more. On top of that, his cloak was not thick enough to make it parachute material. "Seems quite risky as well... like.. really risky.." The last thing he wanted was for Zandra to get hurt, or worse. That being the case, he decided to make that parachute idea his last resort for now. He walked to the side of the mountain and looked over. "Hm.. Too steep here." He continued to walk around where they stood, checking the steepness of each side. Once he found one that suited his fancy, on the opposite side of the mountain, he turned back to Zandra. "Say... you wouldn't happen to have any extra safeguard potions or anything like that.. would you?" he realized his words probably hinted that he, as well, had a dangerously exciting idea. 

• 2 weeks later...

Zandras cheeks blushed when he said that her idea was crazy."Ehe. Yeah, I guess so." And as he said, it would be realy risky. Who knew if the cloaks would work as parachites ar all. Maybe the wind was gonna blow right thru them. Or what if they wouldnt be able to hold it before they reached the ground. She felt sick when thinking about it.

"I do have some safeguards. Thou they are for the boss fight."she scratcjed her chin."Oh right, they are at my shop so w..." Then she realised it was a hint."Oh, have you found a way down?" She walked to him and looked at what he found.

Jomei rubbed the back of his neck when Zandra asked if he found a way off of this mountain, "Kinda.. but its also just as risky. Especially without the protection from the safeguards." he pointed down the side of the mountain where he was standing. At first notice, it looked pretty much the same. However, as one looked more carefully, they would notice that it was not as steep as the other sides.. even going into a curve and leveling out near the bottom of the mountain. "I was thinking we could actually use this side of the mountain and just slide down the side.. and if we had the potions, we would be able to protect ourselves in case there were any sudden drops that or if we crashed into anything." He looked down the mountain again, and back at Zandra with a sigh. "Yeah..a stupid idea I know.."  He lifted up his hand and opened his inventory, taking out a small blue box crystal and holding it in his hand. " I do have a teleportation crystal.. but only one." His green eyes looked at Zandra, full of care and determination to make sure she was safe. "I can give it to you so you can get back to your shop safely.. Yes, it would leave me up here.. but with my Survival skill I should hopefully be okay. And then in the morning, when its light out, I could try to climb back down the way we came..." No, he did not want to go through with this plan, in all honesty. But if it meant Zandra being safe, then he would be all for it. 

Zandra listened to Jomeis plan. For a few moment she just stood in the snow. Then she got anger in her eyes."Whaaat!! Are you crazy!?" She almost screamed at him."So, you want me to teleport back to town ey? Is that your idea?" She crossed her arms and stared at him. A smile seemed to be miles away."Then what should I do? Sit in my shop waiting for your return ey? But I have no idea of how long time it gonna take, or if you gonna return at all." She took a deep breath. Her eyes got wet. She blinked a few times."Then to the other of Velvet room and the frontliners.'oh right, Jomei died when he was giving me a teleportation crystal to save me and tried to climb down a hole'" the last she said with a changed tone in her voice."You dont think I love you? If you died I shouldnt be able to live with myself." She broke eyecontact and took a step forward and started to hit his chest several times with the underside of her fist."Baka baka baka!" Then she stopped. She leaned her forehead on his chest."Never say stupid stuffs like that again." Her voice was calmer now. She remembered her own idea with the cloaks. Maybe he said it to pay back."Im sorry I said that about the cloaks. Please do something else to pay back next time okay?"

Then she looked at where Jomei was thinking they should go. She saw it was covered with ice as well. She made a few swipes in the air and a few seconds later she held two daggers in her hand. She threw one of them to Jomei."You first idea was better, lets slide down and use these to slow down the speed. Aiming for platforms so we not slide to far and gets to much speed."

Seemed Zandra was not a fan of Jomei's back up idea of her going back to town safely. She lashed out at him with anger, but a caring anger. Her voice echoed down the mountain as she scolded him for his 'stupid idea.' She did not want to have Jomei die with her not around and have to tell the others that she was in her shop waiting for him as he did so. He looked down at the snow, and the girl stepped forward and pounded on his chest with her fist. "I'm... sorry.." he said softly, his green eyes looking into hers. He brought his hand up and placed it on her cheek, caressing it with his thumb, "I guess I come up with stupid ideas when I want to make sure the girl I love is safe." he smiled.

It seemed she liked the idea of sliding down the mountain though, and she came up with the better idea to use daggers to jab into the ice to slow their speed if need be, "Good idea." he said, catching the blade and giving her a nod. He walked over to the very edge of the cliff and stood there looking down. His lips hooked into a smirk as he turned around to look at Zandra. He brought his hand up and grabbed hers, pulling the girl so her body was right up against Jomei's. He wrapped one arm around her, holding the dagger in the other. "Ready?" After the girl's answer, Jomei hopped over the edge of the cliff with Zandra in his arms and his back hit the icy snow, picking up speed quickly as they flew down the mountain. 

Zandra glanced over the edge again. She have never been good with heights, she felt a little sick when she saw how far it was down to safe angel. But she must be strong, there is no other way. Her heart jumped when lost her balance for a second when Jomei pulled her close to his body. She felt the warmth from him. If they wasnt gonna do what they was gonna do, she would ahve enjoyed this moment. He asked if she was ready. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes for a few seconds to focus. Then she opened them and looked at him.''Im ready.'' she said and nodded at him, her arm holding him in a tigth grip as well, and her trusty dagger that have helped her from so many dangerous situations, thou then it have been against mobs, now it was a complete different kind of danger. She gave it a quick kiss.''Here we go then.'' The couple jumped over the edge.

Jomei first hitted the mountain side. The speed increased much quicker then Zandra had expected. It was going way to fast. They wouldnt be have the strength to stop it in pposition they was right now.''Jomei! Hold me around my neck!'' she said quickly as she took the dagger from him and let go of him. Now she was laying on him, face to face with his arms sround her. She closed her eyes and kissed him. Without stopping, she lifted her arms high and with all her strength she stabbed the mmountainside with them. Pieces of ice and snow was flying everywhere when the short blade cut thru the hard surface, still there was only a sligth decrease in speed. She pressed so they would cut deeper into the ice.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei held his arm around Zandra as tight as he could, gripping the dagger just as tight with the oter hand. He struggled to keep his eyes open as snow and shards of ice pelted him in the face. It was definitely a faster way down the mountain, but at this rate, the only thing reaching the ground below them were going to be their remains in the form of white crystals. Zandra quickly called out for Jomei to wrap his arms around her neck. Very quickly, he passed the girl's extra dager into her other hand and wrapped his arms around her. Pulling her closed to him, she pressed her lips into his, and he felt the girl bring her arma up and shove the blades into the ice. He felt their speed decrease a little bit, but not enough. Jomei dug the heels of his boots into the ground to help Zandra slow them down. Jomei felt himself being slightly chokes by his cloak being dragged behind him, which gave him another idea that could maybe help. He held on to the girl with all of his might with one arm, and reached the other one behind him to grab his cloak. Pulling it forward, he created somewhat of a parachute to slow them down a bit more. Heh, guess I used some of Zandra's plan after all.