PP - F7 A Trio of Mat Gatherers (12th Day of Material Hunting/Gathering) (Takneil, Hikoru) (Completed)

Calrex gave a sigh of relief as his teleportation sequence completed, his avatar appearing on the seventh floor in the settlement of Nimbus. Rubbing his eyes he tried to remove the dark circles that had formed with his free hand. Unfortunately it seemed this time it was doing him no good as he shook his head, "Guess it's really setting in now. Dammit..."

Swiping on his menu he equipped the Grand Chariot: Legacy, the full-body armor fully encapsulating his form as his tired face was replaced by the stoic expression of his helmet as he gave another sigh, "I guess it's certainly been a while, so maybe some material gathering is in order. It's certainly been a while since I've seen Takneil though. I wonder if he's even active now. I guess a message wouldn't hurt."

With another series of button presses and swipes he completed his message as he sent it out to the person he considered his protege, as well as the boy's real life friend, Hikoru. Heading over to a nearby bench close to the gates leading out of the settlement and into the field zones, taking a seat. Adjusting the Grand Blade he leaned back as he looked up at the ceiling of the settlement, "I've been at Teayre's side pretty much the entire time. Luckily enough there haven't been any ambushes while she slept, but I can't let my guard down."

Edited by Calrex

'You need to move on' a voice echoed dramatically inside the boy's mind, rolling his eye he groaned. "Lovely, now he found the audio effects for his voice." shifting his position so that he was laying down on the stone bench he gazed at the monolith, the giant stone slab had many names inscribed on it. Some had been scratched out and others still remain untouched, thankfully the name he kept a look out for had yet to appear. "When did you even start caring about my worries?" 'Pfft!, as if I care about that. Haha no, I literally mean that you need to get up walk away from that thing and do something productive.' "As sensitive as ever I see" 'it's a gift'.

the voice may be annoying but it had a point he had spent too much time just roaming or even stay in contact with his friends, of course they were still alive at least according to the monolith. Letting out a yawn Takneil stood from the bench. "I guess it is high time we went somewhere" 'Ooh Ooh Ooh, let's go face a boss!'. cringing at the suggestion he walked towards the exit. "As exciting as that sounds I know for a fact we would die" hearing a huff of frustration in the back of his mind it seemed his talking headache turned in. 'Oh thank god'.

"hmm?" swiping open his screen at the sound of a familiar Ding! the boy raised an arched brow at what it was. "A...Message?"

Walking out of the teleporter the boy gasped, stumbling forward he leaned against a wall. "I will never get used to that..." he groaned. 'So I'm supposed meet Cal here' he recalled, looking around a sudden realization came upon him "at the exit...on the 7th floor" sighing he examined his surroundings. "This may take a bit..."

Hikoru was asleep at his shop on the third floor, being tired from his recent Quest. He was awoken by a ping, and pulled back his hood to see his HUD up with a new message

'Its from Cal..." He thought to himself as he opened the screen and saw the message to meet him on the 7th floor. Hikoru smiled and took his feet off the counter, standing slowly and stretching, waking up his limbs. He made his way to the towns teleporter and soon appeared on the 7th floor. He hadn't been on this floor yet, and he was excited for the adventure of today. He looked at the message

"It says to meet him at the exit of the town..." He said as he opened his Player tracker, and sure enough he saw Calrex's blip by the gate. He smiled and charged towards the gate quickly, hoping to get there soon so he wouldn't have to keep him waiting

Calrex gave a small sigh as he tilted his head back down from gazing at the ceiling of the settlement, getting to his feet as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill. Pulling up his friends list he saw that both individuals were on the floor within the settlement as he scanned the area. His Extra Skill made it easy to locate both, seeing that Hikoru had taken advantage of the friend tracker as he made his way towards the Ultramarine Knight as if he had a built in GPS guiding him.

Takneil, on the other hand, seemed to be having some trouble, wandering through the streets like a tourist who had gotten broken off from the rest of the group, "I guess he's not familiar with the usage of the tracking system just yet. I was surprised, since it seemed like a borderline kind of stalking mechanic, but now I'm glad, since it means I can at least keep in touch and keep tabs on Teayre to make sure she's not falling under attack."

Stifling a yawn Calrex sat back down in the bench, awaiting the arrival of his two teammates.

walking through the streets the boy began to feel himself becoming frustrated, how hard was it to find an exit? apparently very. nothing could ever be simple, want to play a game? well live in it!. plan on grinding? don't forgot to bring along your very own mental disorder!. Want to join a guild? to bad it doesn't exist anymore!. Shaking his head Takneil put his thoughts away and made his way towards a more populated area.

"Thanks!" he called back to a person heading the opposite direction, having to ask for directions wasn't exactly ideal but what else was he going to do?. following what the other player had said soon enough the exit was in sight. Letting out a relieved sigh he raised his arm. "Cal!'

Hikoru soon came upon a sleepy-looking Calrex. He nodded to him quietly, not wanting to disturb him and sat beside him. He looked to see a figure come into the distance. He saw his old friend Takneil, and he was almost giddy with happiness.

"TAKNEIL!" He screamed as he ran and embraced the figure suddenly, almost feeling himself collapse on top of him from the sheer force of the tackle. He hugged, then pulled back blushing "I mean uh..." He coughs awkwardly "Hey Tak, how you been?" He asked, feeling really stupid for tackling him like that. He knew he would either be hit or possibly shunned for that action.

Even though he was monitoring both of his teammates as they made their way over, as he deactivated his <<Reveal>> skill the two boys brought a smile to his face, especially when Hikoru ran and nearly knocked Takneil over in a tackle hug. The reunion made him shake his head with a smile, even though his helmet showed no emotion, "You two are always fun to see, heh."

Walking over he crossed his arms as he gave a nod. Since his face his hidden by the Grand Chariot: Legacy, he made sure to try and channel his emotions through his words "Well it's certainly been a while since I saw the last of you two together, hasn't it? It's good to see you're in good health Tak. Hikoru, you're certainly as spry as ever!"

Lowering his arms he looked at both of them, "In any case, I called you both here, so are you guys feeling up for some material gathering? Things have changed a bit since Sword Arts got introduced, but that won't stop us from having a casual outing. I'm sure we can take on some monsters if you guys want, but for now we can take it easy and catch up while getting some useful items. I'm in need of getting some bait for when I go fishing."

"What in the world?!" after seeing the knight Takneil had only made it a few more steps before feeling as if something punched him in the chest, bracing against the impact he only felt arms clasp around him. 'Hey!, I don't remember you talking to any babes recently'. "Oh god it's back..." he muttered under his breath. from the voice he sighed. "Hikoru?, if you don't mind you're kinda ruining my coat" the boy joked casually. Hearing a just as welcoming voice he nodded. "Aren't we always?

Smoothing out his coat Takneil smiled and looked to his friends. 'Ugh, that's either the worst trap I've ever seen or the manliest women ever'. rolling his eyes at the mental insult he shrugged. "Eh, same old song and dance. you know Teleportation sickness and...well Cal understands my other situation." giving a quick glance to the armor clad man he briefly made his expression more serious on that note as a way to say the two needed to talk. looking back to Hikoru he chuckled. "But don't worry we have it under control

"You know me!, where there's a cave there's a me finding something really shiny and accidentally opening a chamber into a dungeon that may kill us!" 'See?!, told you you're a pirate! I CALLED IT!' "If you don't shut it I'm going to smash my head into the wall till my brain bleeds you out" he muttered lowly under his breath. 'But you can't bleed in here' "Oh a boy can dream...

"So when do we set off?".

Hikoru nodded, listening to his friend intently as he explained his situation. Calrex soon came over and said something about mat gathering, and he smiled widely

"Aw yeah! Finally, some fun! Come on guys! Lets go!" He said, running out of the gate into the wilderness of the 7th floor. As soon as he was out of distance of the town, he smiled and looked around him, wanting to explore a bit before he had to mat gather. He looked at the multiple mountains around him, looking at the amazing structures made of rock around him. He climbed up on top of a pillar, wanting to get a better view of the area around him, and what he saw was amazing. It was one of the most beautiful sites he had ever seen on this game, and he smiled as he sat there, sitting and staring for what seemed like hours.

ID: 40065
Battle Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 19

Calrex gave a nod as he smiled beneath his helmet as the two agreed, "We'll set off right now...as it looks like Hikoru has, heh."

Following behind the young boy as he dashed out of the gate, into the mountainous region of the seventh floor. Immediately he activated his <<Reveal>> skill as he gave a calming breath. Even though his helmet showed no indication of a change, his irises shifted to a slightly lighter shade as he followed behind. A few moments after he found what looked to be a suitable piece of ore for materials for making jewelry as he added the handful to his inventory, "So how have things been with you guys?" 

Loot List:
1 Material

Edited by Calrex

shaking his head at his friends over, hyper activity the boy kept pace with Calrex scanning the ground as they moved for any suitable materials. "It seems somebody has been raising their dexterity" he joked. 

knocking against the random pillar Hikoru had found Takneil raised an arched brow. "You gonna be sitting up there the entire time? or are you gonna come down and help us?!". rolling his eyes he smiled and went to work kicking over rocks sorting out what was or wasn't useless.

ID# 40147 results: Battle: 1 Craft: 10 Loot: 8 (Failure!) MOB: 6

"Well I haven't really been doing anything to be honest...I just took a much needed break

Edited by Takneil

Hikoru heard a tap on the rock underneath him and looked over to see Takneil and Cal searching around him. He smiled and climbed down slowly

"Na, just wanting to enjoy the view. I'll get to looking now!" He said with a smile As he looked he thought he saw something, but it turned out to be a small snake. he screamed slightly and grabbed Dementia, killing the mob with four blows to the body

ID: 40173

LD: 1+2= 3 

BD: 7

Hikoru used Fad Edge. 4x1=4x4=16

MD: (Killed before action)

+1 Material

Hikoru: 44/44 HP (7/11 NRG)

Snake: 0/16 HP (-16)

Edited by Hikoru

ID: 40174
Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 8 (No Materials Found)

"Fair enough. I've been keeping busy. Good new though, Teayre and I actually got married, but other than that I've been working on the frontlines. I actually took part in the last two floor boss raids, although I think my contribution to it was fairly minimal, heh."

As he continued to look around he gave a small sigh as he saw no other materials in the immediate area. Looking over he saw that Hikoru had decided to engage a monster, eliminating it as he gave a nod.

Edited by Calrex

"Oh wow you guys got married?, congrats!" he offered a smile, it was rare to see players pair up like that in SAO and when it happened it was always nice to hear about. "Boss raid huh?, don't think I'll be attempting one of those any time soon..." he stated. kicking over a rock he sighed as he picked it up.

ID# 40241 results Battle: 9 Craft: 3 Loot: 1(Failure) MOB: 4

turning it over in his hand he let it crumble in his hand, definitely not anything he could use. turning around Takneil chuckled softly as Hikoru screamed at a small enemy of sorts. "Jeez, a little eager there?

Edited by Takneil

Hikoru breathed a sigh of relief as it pixelated and he got a mat from it. He heard Takneil say something about being eager, and he just turned around, rubbing the back of his neck akwardly

"Sorry about that, it just kinda jumped me..." He said. He blushed from embarrasment as he turned around and continued to look for mats

ID: 40356

LD: 2+2=4

Hikoru sighed as he didn't find any loot, and he sighed and continued looking

Edited by Hikoru

ID: 40363
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7

"Heh, well don't worry about it. Take your time with trying to get there. I'm sure eventually the pace will slow down in terms of our clearing pace. I would like to avoid slowing down, so having your guys' help there would be appreciated."

Scanning around Calrex was still unable to find any materials. At one point he thought he saw a cluster of worms that might prove useful for his new fishing profession, but it turned out to just be a bunch of grass blowing in the wind.

"In any case we'll keep looking for now, but with the new Sword Arts system released it might be faster for the three of us to take on clusters of monsters instead of finding items in the environment. But we can hold off on that for now until it gets closer to the time we need to head back."

Edited by Calrex

ID# 40378 results: Battle: 8 Craft: 4 Loot: 18(Success!) MOB: 6

"So be patient for now, collect shiny rocks, worm, etc... and on the way back break all enemies who stand in our way?, Sounds like fun" he chuckled. 'and it may give me a chance to test out my new equipment' he thought to himself. finally spotting something of worth he picked up a flower and added it to his inventory.

"I mean of course right now I would be willing to help if it wasn't the fact I would be cannon fodder" smiling as he went for another suspicious rock he chuckled. "Of course that's what training is all about, making sure one day we get to stand with you not as dead weights but as equals."

Material Count

Calrex: 1

Hikoru: 1

Takneil: 1

Total: 3

Edited by Takneil

Hikoru nodded and smiled, agreeing with what Cal said. Mat-Gathering like this took longer, but it was more enjoyable to him, it helped him clear his mind and helped him concentrate on important things.

"That'll work. but if you guys want to go and fight things, I don't mind hanging out here and doing this on my own." He said as he searched in a bush. As he looked around, he wasn't able to find anything and shrugged, moving on to a new area. He liked the time he was having with his old friends, so not finding anything wasn't a problem to him, it actually didn't mind it at all.

ID: 40416

LD: 9+3=12

Edited by Hikoru

ID: 40426
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +4) = 5 (+1 Damage)
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10 (No Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 40 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as he listened to the two friends speak, "Fair enough. Let's keep...hold up a sec."

Rushing past Hikoru and Takneil his sword lit up with a golden glow as he saw a lizard descend from the mountainside, targeting the group. His <<Charge>> and <<Meteor Break>> activated. Knocking the lizard back with a tackle he unleashed a barrage of slashes, cutting through the creature before knocking it away once again, finishing his attack with a leaping slash as the creature broke into crystals.

Sheathing his sword he gave a sigh before returning to the group, "That one seemed to be targeting us, so I figured it would be a good idea to get rid of it before it got to close."

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
Calrex: 208/209 (21+1 DMG - 60 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 40/51 (-11)

Enemies:
Flaming Lizard: -9/104 (10+3+2 DMG * 11 Art - 52 MIT = 113 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

"Naw man, I think I'm good for now I'd like to ease my way into doing things again if possible" he stated honestly, it was difficult just starting up in the first place then with the update it even set his stats and skills way back. 

ID# 40451 results: Battle: 5 Craft: 1 Loot: 12(Failure!) MOB: 1

picking of a chunk of rock he examined it closer, letting out a grunt he threw what it was a side...just a rock. "You know-..." looking over to Calrex the boy gaped as he suddenly handed a lizard...thing's scaly but to itself on a silver platter. "Holy Hell..." he managed just shocked at the display of power.

Nodding Takneil chuckled. "I see, it looked at us funny. got it" Nudging the man in the side he cleared his throat. "Remind me to never get on your bad side, okay?"

Edited by Takneil