[PP-F10] Cry of the soul <Itzal, Hiru, Baldur> <<Wail of the Banshee>> Completed

Upon approaching the pub, the hunter was given the question about the guilds preference with this particular pub.  He shrugged before giving his answer.

"It's near our guild hall, which makes it a big deal.  The name was actually a coincidence, as the pub was recently taken over by a player (NPC)."

He would say before entering the pub.  In truth, the pub was actually one of the reasons for the guild hall being placed there.  Mostly due to the influence of a certain individual.  For a local place of drinks and food, the place was lightly packed.  The sound of patrons bellowing and glasses thudding against wood surfaces was prominent.  The smell of food and drink would waft in from the back area where the hunter presumed that the owner was in the back.  He looked around for a table, but couldn't find anything open except for a single table with a familiar hood.  This was accompanied by a small hand knocking against his armor.  It was attached to a slender woman of fair shape.  Her brunette hair tied up in a ponytail behind her.  She wore her usual cooks attire, even though she had long transcended that role.  She never could make up her mind about anything, and just did whatever sounded good.

"Hello, Iggy!"

"Hirru!  It's good to see you again."

She said before giving a fair curtsy to the both of them.  Iggy then pointed towards the table with the familiar person.

"I believe that someone is waiting for you.  I'll be with you guys in a second."

"Alright, thanks."

He would say to the bar owner before heading over to the table that Itzal was occupying.  He must have performed his business relatively fast, but Itzal's speed was never in question.

"Well, that was fast!"

He said to the young scout before sitting down at the table.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldur watched as Itzal took off, climbing up a nearby building and jumping from rooftop to rooftop while Hirru and he walked along at a measured pace. Baldur idly wished he had that kind of energy. It didn't exhaust you to do those things in the game world like it did in the real one, but Baldur just didn't have the mental energy to run around doing parkour, no matter how cool it looked.

Listening to Hirru, he found out that the Knights of the Blood Oath actually placed their guild headquarters here. He'd forgotten he had actually been there once, but it had been for Azide's funeral, and before Opal's betrayal.

Smiling at the charming Iggy as they were welcomed, Baldur took his seat at the table she had placed them, seeing that Itzal had resolved his business already.

"Well, the first round of drinks are on me for a quest well fought."

Itzal watched as his friends entered the tavern.  Proof that Hirru had been here before was shown as he and the owner interacted for a little.  Evidently Baldur had also seen this place before as he greeted the owner as well.  As the two walked to the table Itzal kept a hidden eye on the entrances but nothing came...  Yet.  He was almost certain that npc would pop up sometime soon but he wasn't sure how.  And that was the core of the problem.  He didn't know when, where or how the mysterious npc got into the tavern.  It seemed that he just popped into existence, and while the game could certainly do that it was made life like and nobody just popped in.  Therefore there had to be a reasonable explanation.  He turned his attention to Baldur and Hirru.  If the figure appeared when he wasn't looking than he was being watched by this mysterious figure, who would be able to tell when he needed to slip in.

"Sorry about that.  So I've been here once or twice but I don't really know much about it, neither have I actually ordered anything.  Quest stuff."

Not much could escape the hunter's eyes, and the shifting of ones eyes made him think that there was someone else that their scout was looking for.  Maybe it was about 'that one thing' that Itzal had left them about, before.  He didn't know for sure what Itzal was after, or what it was that he was looking for, but the hunter assumed that it was probably a person.  Either a player, or an npc.  Whatever it was, he would be on the look out for anything suspicious, as well.  In the mean time, there was no need to give any suspicion away to the others.  

When Baldur said that he would buy the first round, the nodded in agreement before the owner came back over.  She seemed to be the only one taking peoples orders, even though she could have NPCs doing this for her.  Instead, she had them cooking and cleaning, which he sort of expected.  Iggy had been the most random person that he ever knew.

"So what can I get for you guys?"

"I'll take the usual."

"You mean the three.."

"You know it!"

He says while winking.  At that moment, the one eye would activate Reveal.  It was at times like this that he wished that he had the Detect and Tracking modifications, but he would have to deal with it for now.  Iggy didn't care, as she knew that it couldn't do anything to her.

"Okay, three shots of our special.  What about you two?"

She says while writing it down for later.  Iggy looks towards Baldur and Itzal awaiting their decision.

Baldur leaned back into the wood chair until it creaked in protest, and tapped his chin in thought, his steel blue eyes gazing at the ceiling completely unaware of his shifty eyed friends. What did he want to drink? He felt like he should feel parched after their quest, and while SAO did have a system to emulate hunger, it lacked the ability to really make him feel like he was hungry or thirsty for something specific. 

"I'll take some tea please... perhaps something... minty?"

The shop here appeared to be run by a player, which while not strange, wasn't exactly common either. By and large the vast majority were run by NPCs, with players perhaps helping stock a shop for the rewards. It was nice to know about a place with an actual person behind it, especially if she was a particularly social one, as this Iggy appeared to be.

"Thank you, Iggy-san." Baldur said with a smile once she had taken down his order.

Itzal watched as Hirru ordered three shots.  Trusting that Hirru was one of those people who didn't get drunk, he made a quick scan once more with a click of his eyes.  When he noticed nothing he refocused on Baldur as he ordered minty tea.  Wow.  What a coincidence.  Alchohol and tea.  Both of which He didn't like.  The only beverage on the menu that Itzal liked he noticed was wine.  In the real world Itzal would have red wine on occasion since it was good for the heart, But not nearly enough to become addicted.  When the owner known as Iggy turned to him He smiled.

"A small glass of red wine If you don't mind."  Iggy smiled back and nodded.  Itzal waited for Iggy to turn around before checking again.  Ulises felt it too.  That feeling of being watched.  It was a strong feeling.  They only got that feeling if a player or very important npc was watching them.  Seeing as how Hirru and Baldur were the only players besides Iggy, he assumed it was the npc.  And yet he still couldn't see the figure.

OOC- the npc has entered unseen to all players.  To find him a natural 20 LD must be rolled.  His cloak which hides all his features is the same color as most of the city

Edited by Itzal

After taking everyone's order, the young lass smiled at them before going to have the orders made.  For the time being, it was just the three of them, but with Itzal's eyes occasionally scanning the area again, the hunter could not let that go.  Reveal was on, but that wouldn't show anything that didn't knowingly want to be seen.  Of course, that meant one of two things.  Well, many things could turn up, but mobs were immediately turned down except for a random event.  That happened once, if the hunter was remembering correctly.

For the most part, the hunter didn't seem to see anything different about the area.  It was a fairly popular place, both before and after Iggy took over.  Even NPCs would frequent the place, even though you couldn't interact with them that much.  The hunter could sense a few of them within the pub, though the number seemed to be different.  He crossed his arms together in thought while pointing his fingers out, as if he were counting.  He then looked over at Itzal.

"Hey, Itzal!  Mind, I ask you something?"

The hunter said as his hand counted out four fingers while the other counted only three.

"What were you..."

He was cut off by a message that came for him.  The hunter opened it immediately, as it was from his squad commander.  Apparently, they needed him and all of the other members of the Blood Oath.

"Oh!  Well, looks like I need to go!  Duty call, heh.  Iggy, send my order to the guild hall!"

The hunter said as he got up, while shouting the last part to Iggy, whom was in the back.  Before long, a frying pan flew out from the back and seemed to miss the hunter by a centimeter.  By the sound of it, it may have hit someone, but it wasn't anyone that the hunter knew, or anyone at the table.

"I'm not your delivery service!"

"Then, I'll pick it up later."

They shouted at each other before he turned back to his quest mates.

"Sorry I couldn't stay long guys.  I'll buy the next round, if we ever venture again."

He said before heading to the door.  When he opened it, he stalled for a second and two shadows would slither out behind him.  Sneaky little buggers, but Opal will have to get her information from somewhere else.  He then waved a quick hand with five extended fingers.

"See ya!"

(Hirru has left the thread)

[ID: 66733]
[LD: 15+5=20] ?*

(*I don't know what Itzal wants, so I'll keep it open ended.  Personally want to end this thread quick.)

Edited by Hirru

Baldur smiled at Iggy as she brought him his drink after throwing what appeared to be Hirru's after the Hunter left the tavern. He glanced over at Itzal and shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'oh well.' Taking a sip of the tea, Baldur smiled and relaxed further back into his chair. It was a shame that Hirru had left so quickly, but he was part of a guild and that could be very demanding.

"Well Itzal, I hope you enjoyed your quest with us. Took a bit longer than I had hoped, but everyone made it out alive and that's really what matters."

He held aloft his cup of tea to the junior player, "You've grown a lot in a short amount of time though. I look forward to seeing what you can become."

After clinking glasses together, Baldur finished off his tea, enjoying the bit of relaxation that this afforded.

"Well, I should go back and tend to my shop. Feel free to stop by once you've got some Col. I can sell you teleportation crystals, materials, and a backpack that will expand your inventory space."

Pushing himself up from the chair, Baldur offered Itzal his hand to shake before he, too, would head out.

"Take care!" Baldur would call out over his shoulder as he pushed open the door to the establishment and made his way to the first floor.