[PP-F11] Guild Meetings. Resolving Issues <Itzal, Morgenstern, Kasier, Hikoru>

It had been some time since the council had seen each other.  And it was about time they did too.  There were some issues going around the guild lately and they needed to be resolved asap.  One of the main ones seemed to be that Jonathan was recruiting and initiating players into the guild without the other paladin's knowledge.  Itzal had found Birdie and was willing to train her, but wished his friend had told him about her earlier.  He also found a player worthy of initiation and told the other paladins about him.  Once he got the ok he planned out the initiation.  However another issue was that the guild was disconnected.  They were working solo rather than working together, which was never a good thing.  With the disappearance of Alisa, the player Hikoru, whom Itzal only met once, another player who joined without the knowledge of Itzal or Kasier, had taken place as the dps paladin.  They needed to discuss exactly what being a council meant and how they needed to change things.  Itzal had selected Taft as the meeting place for several reasons.  The first was that Hikoru was a higher level, so he chose a place that sat between the extreme floors and the lower ones.  Another reason was because Itzal had explored this place long enough to know where the perfect meeting place was.  And third was that the last meeting had been on floor four and he didn't want any meeting to take place in the cold ever again.  He had sent a message to the other paladins and gave the coordinates.  He now sat on an archway about ten to eleven feet high waiting for the others to arrive in his twilight cloak.

@Morgenstern@Kasier@Hikoru

"Amen." Kasier mouthed, her eyes closed and her hair scrambled in her face. Her position was kneeled down and her eyes were staring into darkness. As soon as she had finished her prayer, the bells began to chime, signaling that it was the official beginning to the day. Indeed, she knew that the meeting was going to be either today or the next day because Itzal had already asked whether they should do a meeting during that festival in which a lot of people participated in. There were going to be quite a deal of issues that needed to be settled, especially since the majority of the new members, she wasn't even aware of their appearances or personality. And it appeared that Itzal was the same. Kasier opened her eyes and lifted her head, slowly getting up from her kneeling position before staring at the cross of the cathedral for a while. The place was mostly empty, except for the paintings and stained glass of the special man on the cross. A sigh followed and hence, she slowly strolled to the front of the cathedral and walked out into the openness which was exposed to sunlight that blinded her eyes.

It was then that she received the message. I guess it is today then. She thought, hoping that the meeting might go well and keeping on her serious face. This is serious business. That means I can't be joking around and giving Itzal glances and stuff. Today is to be a serious day when things get done. She convinced herself. Kasier smiled, walking slowly towards the location that Itzal had hinted.

After a while of walking, she soon found Itzal sitting on an arch high in the sky, waiting for the people that he had invited to arrive. "Hola, Felix." She said simply, waving and leaning against the bottom of the arch. "I heard that we have a few new members... I'm not very pleased to hear that considering the fact that I wasn't even aware we were receiving applicants."

Jonathan stood in the frozen fields of the fourth floor. He was wearing his normal White light Cloth Jacket and Jeans. He was grinning mischievously as he stood. He loved this floor. He enjoyed the cold immensely which was strange because he had never liked it in the real world. Maybe that was why he liked it. It reminded him of his house in the real world. He could see the house in his imagination, the Manor was brilliant. Jonathan’s father was rich and was a part of a wealthy organization. He never revealed what they did though. Jonathan looked around as he heard a ding. He then realized it was a message. From Itzal. About the Guild. Good. We do need to talk about a few things. We need to start training and be more active. I never see the other guild members. WAIT ELEVENTH FLOOR! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE FOURTH! Jonathan sighed. He looked back over at the Town. He began to run, reaching the pad in a few minutes.

In a few quick seconds, the Tankling was in Taft. He looked around at the European styled town and began to head to the area Itzal was in. Taking a few turns and he was there. He did not see Itzal anywhere. Wait, I am looking for Itzal, DUH! Jonathan grinned and looked up seeing the man sitting ten or so feet higher than the ground. You are not going to expect us to talk to you when we are up there are ya?

As he sat there he heard a familiar voice call out to him and he looked and smiled at Kasier.  She smiled back but it seemed she knew the seriousness of the meeting and therefore he knew better than to get too comfortable with her.  He nodded to her.  "Yeah I understand what you mean entirely.  But I did mention Aereth to you and I've been meeting to introduce you to him soon.  Of course that's one of the many things we need to discuss as you've already figured out."  After he replied he noticed Jonathan walk towards them and looked around for Itzal, and finally spotted him when he looked up.  He shook his head to the comment.  "We still have one other paladin we're waiting on.  Shouldn't be too long now of course.  Actually, he's one of the things we need to discuss Jonathan."  Like Kasier, his voice held a seriousness to it, though it nor his face were harsh.  Just a hint of how serious this meeting was going to be.  Not all meetings had to be this serious of course, but this one would hold weight as it held the first major issues of the guild.  It was unfortunate that such issues would come up so early in the guild's existence but such a thing could not be avoided.  "Kasier, I'm not sure if Jonathan told you, but a pretty high level player named Hikoru was initiated into the guild by Jonathan, and has taken Alisa's place as dps Paladin."

@Kasier @Morgenstern @Hikoru

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan looked back down to the black hair, red eyed avatar of Kasier. Jonathan gave off a faint smile. He returned his attention up to Itzal as the man began to speak again. "We still have one other paladin we're waiting on.  Shouldn't be too long now of course.  Actually, he's one of the things we need to discuss Jonathan." If you are inducing the fact that he somehow has managed to become DPS paladin, don’t ask me. My theory was that Alisa stepped down and gave it to him. Jonathan sighed and sat in silence. This was not going to be a very happy meeting. But hopefully after the problems were settled, they would bring up training. I have a feeling that this is going to be about me initiating multiple people without asking. That will be directed at me. Then we need to talk about our disconnection and then find ways to solve it like training! Jonathan grinned at his thoughts but it quickly faded. He could tell the two other paladin’s were not exactly happy with him. This was usual for Kasier, but not for Itzal. Kasier used to be all happy, then something happened. He heard rumors that it was from a player’s death.

Hikoru breathed and appeared in the shadows. He was called here in a guild meeting, and he knew that he needed to be here to get to know the other players that were in charge of his guild as he was. He breathed and soon saw them. He closed his eyes and saw that he was in the shadow of Morgenstern, and soon he appeared behind him, and he stepped out and beside, crossing his arms and giving a small nod. He breathed and looked to see Itzal as well, a player whom had met on the other end of his blade on floor ten, and he was guilty of using him to try and get used to his new build. He looked amd also saw a young girl, who's name read Kaiser. He opened his HUD and materialized a piece of paper, and read down. He had written this chart long ago when he got information from Itzal and Morgenstern about the guild. It had everyone's stats, including his own, and he did his best to keep it up to date. The girl seemed to be a healer, and he raised his eyebrows. He had only met one or two other players that were healers, so it was nice to see a new face as a healer. He dematerialized it and looked with hard eyes, feeling the tension between the group

"Greetings. It seems were all here." He said with a small sigh escaping his lips afterwards "Now, Itzal, since you got this whole thing together, please put on the table of why were here. Let's not argue here, we are a guild and I've been apart of too many other guilds that fell apart because people argued and nobody got along, and soon people started leaving. I'm not letting that happen here, if I can help it." He said, making eye contact with every player as he spoke. "And if you have anything against what I've said, say it now. But I came here for business, not to fight like a child."

"No that's actually not what I me-"  He stopped as he detected movement and remained silent until Hikoru popped out from behind Jonathan and nodded to the three.  Itzal nodded back.  "Hey Hikoru.  Just so you know, I'll be much harder to hide from now.  And even harder soon enough.  And I agree, I typically like to debate rather than argue.  Let's have a peaceful discussion here.  Now," he let himself slip from the arch and when he landed on the ground he rolled and stood to his feet, opened his menu, and took out four of the six chairs that had originally sat around his fireplace outside his shop and placed them, gesturing for the others to sit as he did the same.  He wanted this to be private so he had selected a place beyond NPC's and his detect skill was bound to spot any incoming players.  Thus they had peace and quiet so long as they themselves remained civil.  "There are a few issues that have been going on in the guild.  I wish they didn't have to come so soon but I guess it works since we get to kill the weed before it grows.  The heart of all these issues is disconnection and authority:  We are a council, and should discuss things with each other before doing anything with the guild, or it's members, treasury, equipment, events, etc. without talking with each other first.  This includes recruiting players who seem to have potential," he said glancing at Jonathan.  "Training players however, is individual.  Other councilors can check on other build apprentices with the consent of their masters, but overall it is the teacher's job to train them properly.  Another thing I want to make clear is this:  Nobody in this guild, no matter how high a level or low, no matter how much experience, gear or knowledge they possess, is at a higher stage than the others.  We are all equals and possess equal responsibility.  So nobody should go abusing that power.  I know for a fact that you two won't," he said looking at Jonathan and Kasier, "But Hikoru, when we met you messed with my mind.  I don't mind helping you test things out but please talk to me, or anyone else beforehand, or else you'll be either feared, disliked, or even hated in the guild.  Emerging from the shadows is fine, just no messing with people's heads anymore ok?"  He turned to Kasier with a soft smile.  "It's perfectly fine to assist, or give advice on other apprentices and their training, but we should do so by talking with the teacher first.  Of course I've made the mistake of being too soft on my former apprentice, a mistake I won't duplicate.  Those are the issues I've seen thus far.  If anyone else has more issues they'd like to bring forth, or correct me on a mistake please do."  With that he folded his hands, hoping the others wouldn't hate him for his observations.  It was possible that he was wrong in some of these areas, especially with Jonathan and Hikoru, since Hikoru was still new to Itzal and he hadn't seen Jonathan for a while.  He also hoped Kasier wasn't offended by what he said.

@Morgenstern @Hikoru @Kasier

Jonathan heard almost soundless footsteps behind him and Jonathan turned, seeing the figure of the Master of Shadows himself. This time he was much more serious than last. He had a sense that meant business. Jonathan gave a faint smile before returning his attention. As Hikoru came and stood next to him, hepulled out a piece of paper which had all of the members and their builds. Jonathan focused to Itzal and heard Hikoru tell them they need not to argue that they need to fix the issue and continue as one. With that Itzal began his long list of things that needed to be fixed. He was pointing a few fingers, but no one really seemed to be taking it to heart. If anyone else has more issues they'd like to bring forth, or correct me on a mistake please do." There Jonathan spoke up. When you spoke of training you said individual. Did you mean Initiation? Becuae I thought our original idea was to have training days where a Paladin would take their whole group of apprentices. I mean, personally we are getting a bunch of players. We need to begin training or more people will think we are not serious about what we are meant to do. That means players will not keep coming in because they think we are a joke. And this guild was founded on helping, not joking around. I am agreeing about your, disconnection problem though. We don't do guild activities enough, and I believe that can be fixed by group training days. Also, since the Healing and Tanks do not have anybody yet, we could participate in the DPS Trainings because Beat is the only one in that group. That could call for some bigger training sessions. 

Also, I would like to add the last thing you said to Kasier. I believe it would be okay to help train other apprentices without ask, that is if the Apprentice asks the Paladin to. Like a DPS could ask a tank to tank so they could some damage on a mob without worry. Or Tank could ask a Scout to help them look for a dungeon, or they could ask a healer to heal them while they tanked. 

As Jonathan replied Itzal was very grateful he didn't take offense to his statements.  Itzal had noticed issues with them all, including himself.  He wasn't kidding when he admitted to being too soft, and he was happy to hear that they were willing to listen.  He heard Jonathan make a comment about training and he thought for a moment.  "Overall the paladin associated with with the apprentice's build should be the main teacher but I seen no issue at all on going on training missions.  They could be separated into combat and non combat sessions I suppose.  And Jonathan, I am training.  Now that Aereth is initiated I'm setting up a meeting between myself, Aereth and Birdie to discuss how they want to be trained and what we will be doing.  The moment that meeting ends their training begins.  However in order to train, we need to be active.  Let's all remember that.  As for guild activities, quests, dungeons, anything big the guild could do together.  We could even just do something to enjoy ourselves as a guild, our own little events.  As for your point on training I'm fine with others intervening as long as either the teacher allows it, asks for it, or the apprentice requests it.  Nothing else.  So yes I agree with you on that point.  Anyone else?"

@Kasier @Hikoru

Kasier nodded as the players began to spill out what they wanted to say in this small guild meeting. Actually, they needed a better place to gather than just a random place over on the eleventh floor. Maybe that would come when they get a guild hall, an offical living quarters and an official meeting place would then be given as soon as the guild buys the guild hall which must eventually be done no matter how busy the players are in leveling. A guild hall is required in order to keep the organization of the guild and hence, it is crucial that the players get one as soon as possible. However, now was certainly not the time for that. If nothing is established in terms of recruitment, fundraising, and schedule, then there is no point of the guild and it would be certain that the guild would fall apart as soon as one little thing goes wrong. Hence, stability must be established. Kasier looked at the player who had been the last one to arrive, He doesn't look very high-leveled to me. She thought, unimpressed by the first impression that he was giving off. Sure, he spoke with utmost politeness and spoke with intentions of getting straight to the point but his outward appearance was another situation. Kasier sighed, not that Itzal looks like a high-leveled player. I can't judge from the outside. She decided, beginning to speak, "Ok, Hikoru, is it? Well, I actually had absolutely no idea about him joining the guild. In fact, it's bizarre that I, as a paladin, have no idea about a new player joining this guild... Actually, it's even more bizarre that I had no say in him joining the guild. Sure, I would have definitely agreed for him to join but it's an issue that literally any of the paladins can recruit whoever they want without the say of the others. This is how corruption occurs, and I think the way we should do it is: We should have frequent meetings in which we discuss things around the guild. If we want something to be changed, we purpose a statement like: I purpose that so and so is to join the guild. After that, everyone who agrees say ai or ye or whatever. However, our guild at the moment is not structured and organized enough, which can be one of the many reasons that we really aren't receiving much interest from the general public... Which is sad considering the fact that we are centralized around helping other players grow in level."

Hikoru listened intently as everyone spoke their mind, and he nodded at things that were motioned toward him, and he breathed and looked at each other, waiting for silence from everyone and intertwining his fingers. He breathed and made eye contact with as many people as he could. He knew a few of these players personally, but he knew that he was walking on thin ice. If he said something wrong in this situation, he could start an uproar and cause the others to fight, which he hoped wasn't the intention of this whole get together. He breathed and closed his eyes for a moment, finding the correct words, and opening the, once more

"I admit, me being here is probably a good example of how unstable this guild is at the moment. I asked to join and I got one yes, which I agree he should have talked to others, but he may have and the others forgot. It's happened to me multiple times, so I can tell from personal experience." He said with a small chuckle "But besides that, Me taking the DPS Paladin should not have happened right off, as I had just joined and took it over, which was wrong for me and I apologize. But I wish to help this guild grow into something amazing, and I need everyone's help." He said, and breathed as he opened his HUD, bringing up his Col amount "We need a Guild hall more than anything, because it will make things like this easier. I have 45k, but I want to buy a house when I get to a floor that seems compatible to where I want to live..." He said, and looked at the others, raising an eyebrow "Could a possible Tax be an option? As it will make it easier to gain col. Every adventure we take say... 10% of the col. This goes for everyone, Paladins and Sentiels included, so everyone is giving money to the guild. It's something im putting on the table, but it doesn't have to happen." He said, closing his HUD and looking at the others "and as for anything else, If you don't know who I am, allow me to introdude myself fully. Hikoru, Unique Skill holder of Shadowed Path, Grandmaster of the Dagger, Level..." He looked over in the air "Forty-Seven at the moment, and I am here to offer my serviced to the guild. I may be highly over-levelled, but I will take extra precautions in case anything happens with my apprentices, or anyone else that decides to join me." He said, and he thought for another moment, then leaned forward "I have given you all the information about me I am willing to let you know at this time. We all need to meet each other, and although I have all of your stats and such, I don't know who any of you are. That is something crutial in this guild, is trust and knowing one another's strengths and weaknesses. If we don't, we will fall, and I will not watch that happen here."

He listened to Kasier and nodded as his girlfriend made a solid point.  "She's right.  Currently our main issue, and what needs to be set in stone first is communication and cooperation.  If we can't work together like a guild should be, let alone like a council should be, we're bound to fall apart."  Then Hikoru finally spoke, for quite a bit too which was a good thing.  When Hikoru stated that he shouldn't have taken the dps spot so suddenly Itzal shook his head.  "When Alisa disappeared we needed a new paladin.  Besides she told me she didn't want the position either.  Again, the only problem we ever had in that situation was communication.  It should have been where Jonathan introduced you to us, we shared information about each other, and then we voted."  Then Hikoru changed the subject on to finances.  He mentioned how they needed a guild hall and he remembered Kasier mentioning that to him not too long ago.  Itzal nodded and continued to listen but when he heard the word taxes he frowned ever so slightly.  When Hikoru finished speaking on the issue of finances he continued.  "As for contributing, I need to save up col for a friend's project.  He's serious about it and I promised to help him any way I could.  As for the tax issue...  Donation.  I don't think forcing other players to do anything will be the right path to take.  If they want to contribute that's amazing and very helpful.  However if they feel they're forced to do something they don't want to do then they'll just up and leave.  Don't take the option of making their own choice away.  Sometimes that's all they have left.  Especially in SAO."  He fell silent once again as Hikoru finished.  When he did Itzal nodded.  "Agreed.  We have two ways you guys can do that.  The first is by talking about ourselves once all the issues are handled, or by going on the field together.  I'm up for either or even both if you guys are."

@Hikoru @Morgenstern @Kasier

Jonathan listened to all of the paladins speak about the guild problems. The whole guild had run into problems like no other. Their DPS Paladin had been switched very early, they were not communicating very well, and many more. Jonathan had actually expected this a bit. He studied a bit into guilds before Celestial Ascendants was even thought of. In the beginning of anything, whether it be a country, organization, or a guild, There were bound to be many problems no matter how much preparing you do. Disconnection was not even thought of being a problem they would have. Hikoru then brought up the need for a guild base. He stated how much money he had but he wanted a house. It was quite understandable. No one should put that much into it. He then imposed the Tax idea. It was a rather standard Idea but needed a few tweaks. He offered 10% tax on every adventure their members had. Then Itzal spoke up and said to have it remain as Donation only. Then Jonathan spoke up. I am goingto have to go with Hik on this one. We have had Donation only thus far, and we have not gotten a single bit of col. It will need a tweak though. Guild meetings and training sessions 50 to 100% tax should be involved. That way it is not really taking away from the players, their work is just being helpful in the matter of the guild. At least 50% tax should be implemented on guild training. I am going to end up being the TRAINING FIXES ALL guy aren't I? 

When Jonathan spoke up Itzal turned his attention to his friend and listened.  He frowned when Jonathan agreed with a taxation idea but chose to hear his friend out.  When he mentioned the taxes should be focused on guild meetings and training sessions, Itzal wanted to object by reminding him that he had to save up for a friend first but said nothing.  Then he heard the amount Jonathan suggested and couldn't hold back his shock.  "You're kidding right?  Fifty to a hundred percent tax?  As I already said before tax isn't a good idea.  I don't like the idea of a guild that is going to force people to pay the guild.  We're here to help other players, not make them help us, even if it is the council being taxed I don't care.  I can't provide col at the moment because I'm helping Beatbox get something.  Something expensive.  I'm sorry Jonathan, Hikoru, but I don't approve of taxation on any level.  And I don't want to be a part of something that is going to have an iron fist around players, forcing them to do something they don't want to do.  That may not be your intention but that's what I'm hearing right now."  Itzal looked to his girlfriend now, wondering what she had to say on the subject.  If she also voted against taxing then it would be a draw and nothing would happen.  "Kasier, what do you think of this?"

@Kasier

Edited by Itzal

Kasier shook her head. She was aware that it made it seem that she was siding with Itzal just for the purpose of siding with him but she had considered both sides of the equation. She had done a bit of calculation, ones that didn't take much mental effort to do because she would've been incapable of doing the math of it was advanced math. However, the results to her were pretty clear cut. "In my personal opinion, I think tax and membership is indirectly proportional, meaning if one goes up, the others go down. If tax is increased, membership and interest will naturally decrease. Besides, this idea of tax is unheard of in this game of Sword Art Online. If we look at history, people don't like taxes, such as when the United States rebelled against Britain. However, I do agree with the fact that guild quest rewards is to go to the guild because it would be way too hard to decide who rewards go to if too many people want it. I guess that's it." She finished, deciding that she would take both sides of the argument and combine it into a more appealing one for the general audience in this game... At least, in her opinion. It was great that the council was debating like this... Slow debates and hard process of making decisions is one of the key factors to make sure that a guild doesn't mess up. "Oh, one more thing, on average, a player receives about 400 Col per adventure if he doesn't kill mobs. 10% of 400 is literally nothing, hence taxes really wouldn't impact the currency of the guild by that much if we truly calculate it from a neutral point of view. That is all for now." She finished, gasping for breath at the end and looking over at Itzal, unphysically asking for a sign of how good she did.

@Itzal @Morgenstern @Hikoru

Edited by Kasier

Itzal listened to Kasier speak and was glad she was on the same page as he was.  She may have said it in a more technical way but he knew that was a good thing.  He spoke in a way that referred to emotions, morals and beliefs, and she spoke in a more technical, overall view.  It was an excellent balance between the two and for that he was glad.  When she mentioned that the guild should receive the quest rewards Itzal began to think as she described why.  When she finished he nodded slowly.  "I'm a tiny bit reluctant to admit it but you're right.  If one person gains a reward but the others don't there will be bitterness and rivalry.  If the overall guild gets it however then not only would it benefit everyone, but there would be no reason for rivalry.  Good thinking Kasier."  When she added that putting a tax on the col reward, which was almost nothing as it was, would be useless and Itzal nodded.  He thought for a moment.  "Ok.  So whenever the guild goes on a quest of any sorts, the rewards will go to the guild itself.  If there's an item this is a good thing because players can donate items for other players.  Beatbox has already contributed to this by giving the guild his tier one gear.  A player who wishes to use an item, whether consumable or gear, will need to talk with us first and if the reason is satisfactory, we can lend them the item.  I suppose that's as fair as we're going to get."  He saw Kasier glance at him and knew exactly what she was asking.  He wasn't sure why she was, but he was glad she wanted his opinion.  He let his eyes answer for him so that the others didn't detect the hidden conversation.  He couldn't have loved a more wonderful person.

@Kasier @Morgenstern @Hikoru

Jonathan frowned as Itzal acted as if his idea was off the wall. He kept with his opinion of now taxes. I do not believe you understand what I meant, 50% of guild training taxes, at least something on the guild training. That is where it would be the most fair to implement. After that Jonathan went silent. Why did it sound bad. The gui;d had to make a profit, and what better way then to bring profit then earning from its own training and meeting. Anyway, the more money earned the more it helpedout the guild and the players in general. Itzal was looking straight at Kasier, trying to see if she would be able to add on, most likely to complement his case. She had good things to say but it was hard to say whose side it was on. She seemed to be against taxes, but siding with guild taxes and having with training sessions. Jonathan stood confused but Itzal cleared up his girl's statement. It pretty much seemed to be settled unless Hikoru had something better to add. 

Hikoru listened and nodded as they agreed on the guild tax to a point as Guild Quests, which he would agree on. It would give a bit of income, not much, but enough to get started. Then an idea popped into his mind. He heard Morg speak for a moment, trying to argue, and he just cleared his throat, gathering attention once more and giving a nod to the young tank.

"As I do like to stand my ground, I do believe they have given a very good equivelant solution, that makes both parties happy here. But I have another idea as well." He leaned back in his chair and looked at Itzal, giving a small smile "As the Scout of the group, I thought of something nice. How about whenever you find a sub-dungeon, you have to give twenty-five percent of whatever col you give, not including the Col you get from creatures or finding it in the area." He said, and he thought for a moment over his words "While you have already said that you are saving up Col, I have given you a very, very large portion. Say you are on Floor Ten, and you find an Advanced dungeon. If somehow the RNG are nice in the program, without any of your Loot Die equipment on, that'd be about..." He thought and calculated for a moment "Three-thousand Col. You would only have to give around Seven-Hundred and Fifty col, and the other Two-Thousand, Two-Hundred and Fifty to yourself. And as I said before, that does not include the Col you get from any creatures you fight, which goes immediently into your own pocket, but you are welcome to give it if you want." He said, and he hoped his idea would make some sense to the group. it seemed reasonable enough, and even Seven-Hundred and Fifty col would be a good chunk of money for the Guild to help the other Guild mates if they needed things

Itzal heard Jonathan try arguing for why his point was right and shook his head the moment he finished.  However Hikoru began to talk as well and when he finished he sighed quietly to himself.  Do they not understand exactly what they're suggesting?  "No Kasier's right.  If we force taxes on players, then nobody's going to want to join.  People join the virtual world in the first place to escape things from reality.  In a virtual world there isn't any need for taxes because anyone can get the money with ease.  Donations yes.  But not taxes, never taxes.  I assure you that if you insert taxes into the equation we will either lose members, or gain no more than what we have.  Or both.  We have no right to take what is theirs.  Kasier's suggestion is the best:  The guild quests and missions.  Those are the ones where we'll function as a guild and not as individuals.  Therefore the guild actions shall be for the guild and not ourselves.  Thus the rewards go to the guild as a whole.  The col will be stored and not used unless the entire guild agrees on what it is being spent for, and the items will only be lent or given to those who need it most.  Taxing training sessions however I will never stand for on any level.  We shouldn't tax them just to learn Jonathan.  Besides my first reason, it's because this is why the guild exists:  Not for col or rewards.  We need to remind ourselves that the guild is meant and designed to help train players and get them to a stronger standpoint.  As we reach higher floors that will become progressively harder.  So no.  No taxes on training sessions, no taxes on meetings.  The guild itself will take the rewards of the guild quests and missions and no more.  As for your suggestion Hikoru, we cannot force scouts to make that kind of promise and payment, and while I'm willing to donate at any time, I have made a promise I intend to keep.  Until I collect enough col to help my friend get what he needs, I will not be making any donations.  My vote on this is final.  If either of you decide to continue pursuing this taxation idea any further than what has already been agreed to then the meaning of this guild has been lost."  He hoped it didn't come to it but if it did, he would need to leave the guild.  He couldn't stand being a part of something that worked like the government rather than a family seeking to help each other out rather than picking everyone's pockets.

@Morgenstern @Kasier @Hikoru

Jonathan faded back as Itzal began to argue his side, and he seemed to have the victory. He had always had been good with words, like Peeta from the Hunger Games. I wonder what Itzal's promise was. Who was it too? Jonathan shook out the thought and smiled. Jonathan had not meant taxation like Itzal thought he did, but whatever to see his friend happy. "I side with Itzal.", the Tankling said. He put a smile on his face as he backed in. They only needed one more in aggreance with Itzal's idea. If the other two went against, then they would have drop the entire thing. After this, we need to speak more on training. We should have a larger group training. Jonathan then went silent, allowing Itzal to think about what he said, and the other two to vote where they lied on the chart. I do believe we will all side with Itzal anyway. He is quite persuasive. Jonathan looked donw at his feet. His white boots were completely clean due to the game not letting anything else happen.