[PP-F1] PKer helping New Players?

After some days of intense information gathering, Aereth had decided that he would stay a couple of days down on the first floor in order to do some solo training sessions in the forest. Somehow the forest of the first floor had a calming effect on the orange player. It helped him getting away from the sh*t he had to deal with on a daily basis. And in changing floors laid too much of a risk on getting attacked by some over courageous players. Besides that, he would have to meet with one of his information brokers the day after tomorrow, so there was no point in wandering up to his home on the fourth floor.

Currently he was going through some basic material arts skill, in order to perfect the execution of the recently grand mastered skill. He only wore a basic tank top, wide trousers and no shoes. His sword cloak and boots were resting on a nearby tree. Though he would still get to his one handed straight sword in some time, not wanting to get rusty with his, up until now, main weapon skill...

@Winik

Winik strode into the forest, his hand on the hilt of his starting iron sword.  It hasn't been long since he joined this death game, but he was growing accustomed. ' Do you know how many people would kill to be in their favorite video games?,' he thought to himself. 

He continued along, slowly as to not draw attention to himself. 'I need to find myself a teacher,' he thought. 'All I really know how to do is swing this link of iron around.'

He trekked for what felt like forever before he thought he heard the sound of another player. 'Who else would be out this far?,' he questioned. 

He tried his best to stealthily approach the area he heard the noise. Minutes ticked by until he was able to see who he heard. It was a player, dressed plainly with no shoes on. Winik noted curiously that the cursor above his head was orange, unlike all the greens he was used to seeing. A quick look around showed that the player was alone, so Winik stepped forward. That is, until he unceremoniously tripped over the player's belongings.

One strike followed the other, first left the right, a short spin, and suddenly he heard a noise coming from where he had placed his stuff. Immediately turning around to face what would have caused the noises, Aereth saw how a blonde player was stumbling over his belongings. Dropping his fighting stance Aereth hesitated a couple of moments, before walking over to the man. "You alright, man?" Aereth asked before extending his hand in order to help the player back to his feet.

Up to this point he didn't know if the player would be afraid of him, and immediately opt to run. Aereth noticed though, how the man was wearing the standard beginner armor set with the standard iron sword. Tilting his head slightly, Aereth asked the man in a semi serious tone, indicating that he was joking. "Can I somehow help you, or is it just a hobby of yours walking over other people's stuff?

@Winik

Winik took the offered hand, pulling against the player to get himself back on his feet. He vent over and dusted himself off, before rubbing a hand against the back of his head and smiling sheepishly. 

"Sorry about that. I thought I heard something and I guess I wasn't paying any attention to where I was placing my feet," Winik said apologetically. He offered his hand out to the player, introducing himself. "I'm Winik, I'm kind of new to all of this."

Winik smiled at the player, tilting his head and closing his eyes. He didn't understand the significance of the man's cursor color, but he didn't really care either. He seemed nice enough.

Winik tried to settle his weight on his other foot, when he felt all of the player's stuff around his a new still. He did his best to keep his composure as he tried to kick it off. He felt himself heating up, he wasn't always this clumsy and he felt extremely embarrassed. 

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," he muttered as he knelt down and tried to extricate himself. God, this was embarrassing. 

Edited by Winik

"Haha, no problem. Happens to all of us..." Aereth answered, and chuckled slightly when he thought back to the times where he received his material arts skill. On the last hit, Aereth slipped and fell face first on the rocky ground. When he told Aereth his name and that he was kinda new to to the game, Aereth cracked a small smile. "My name's Aereth, and it's nice to meet you." Aereth was mentally debating if he should ask the man if he wanted to tag along with his training.

But before he could answer however, Winik still seemed to have some issues with Aereth's stuff. The small smile on Aereth's face grew with ever second of the sight, and he let out a loud laug, when the man knelt down in order to extricate himself. "No need to worry. Let me just quickly pick these things up." Aereth said. After that he took on his boots again, and untied the headband from his left upper arm, placing it around his neck. Finally he lifted his black cloak, dusted it off, and took it on again, before strapping the sword on his back. "If you like, you could stay with me for some time, and train with me for a little bit." Aereth offered while rotating and warming up his left arm, to get a better feeling in his cloak.

@Winik

Winik brightened up, his smile returning. "I would love that," he said jovially. "As you can see," he said, gesturing to himself. "I've only got starting gear and I don't even know how to use the sword arts."

He settled back, resting his left hand on the hilt of his starting sword. To him, the gesture felt natural, like it was a part of him. Why wouldn't he feel that way? He's been dreaming of a situation like this since he was a little boy, to be out fighting monsters with nothing but a sword and his good looks. 

Winik looked Aereth over, his jealousy starting to get the better of him. 'He has such good equipment and all i have is this noob gear,' he thought to himself. 'Maybe if I stick with him I could get some decent heavy armor or a shield. Definitely need to look into a new sword.'

It took all his will, but he was able to tear his eyes away from the gear in front of him and for his happy go lucky nature to shine through once again. "Any help you can give me is much appreciated and truly valued."

"So first off, do you already know where you wanna go with your build? Like, do you intend to make a tank, DPS or support build? Depending on that I can tell you a few tricks, so to say." Aereth replied, but it didn't go unnoticed by him, on how the other player was checking out his gear.

"Well, basically sword arts are very easy to use, since you only have to get your body into the right position and after that, the system takes over and helps you connect the hit. Take a look." Aereth said, before slowly unsheathing his blade. Just like Winik's own blade, this one was also just a vanity sword that was a little bit fancier than the beginner sword. After that he rose the blade over his head and immediately after he reached the right position, the blade started to glow in a dark blue color. "When it starts to shine, this means that you reached the right position and that the sword art is charging up. After a couple of moments the sword art has charged up completely and you can simply release the stance. At this point the system will take over." Aereth explained and with that released the <<Vertical>> sword art. Aereth moved a step forward, and the glowing blade came down in a quick vertical movement.

@Winik

"I'm going with a tank build. I've always played the cornerstone of my team's formation," Winik explained, holding his left bicep with his right arm. 

He watched as Aether unleashed a sword art, staring in awe. 'I wish I could do that,' he thought. He glanced down at his sword before dropping his arms. With a heavy sigh, he slowly pulled his sword from its scabbard. A faint rasping could be heard as the blade freed itself. 

He settled back away from Aether, his blade dangling from his hand. "In the last game I played, I was the resident sword and board tank. Nobody was able to get through my defense." Winik smiled at the memories, remembering his old friends he left behind. 

"What build are you? I don't see any heavy armor or a shield to deal with mitigation."

"So a tank..." Aereth mused, and mentally went through all the skills that were available at the moment. By this time, he had gone over all the multiple skills so many times that he knew almost every one of them by heart. "You see, I am no tank, but I think I can give you some advice. For a tank, the Block, Battle Healing and Heavy Armor skills are the most important ones, because they give you a bunch of bonus mitigation or heal you. And a familiar that boosts your MIT or your health recovery would also be very nice. But to be honest, I'm afraid that I can't tell you the exact way on how you should plan your build, since I myself am no tank..." Aereth told the blonde in a calm voice. He really tried his best in order to help the player, but since he himself hadn't spent any skill points into mitigation he couldn't for sure say what was the best course of action. "I have a few tank friends that are currently fighting at the front lines, so if you want I could introduce you to one of them, so that he could teach you the right way in spending your Skill Points." After that the question followed which build Aereth was, and he gave out a low sigh. "I'm a heavy DPS and scout hybrid build. I currently have grand mastered two weapon skills, and I have spent a couple of my SP into the Searching skill, which allows me to find some good loot and sub dungeons from time to time."

@Winik

"If you could get them to give me some pointers, it'd be a big help," Winik chuckled as he rubbed the back of his head with his empty hand. His other arm swung back and forth lazily, tracing the tip of his sword through the dirt. "The problem with tank builds are there reliance on good gear and, well, I don't have any gear other than the starting set." 

He swung his blade up and sheathed it in one move, crossing his arms over his chest. "I need to find myself a good armor set and a nice shield. A nice sword is a great bonus. I prefer armor sets myself, they usually have some sort of bonus. But the cohesive look is appealing to me. In the last game I played, most of my gear gave me life on hit or drew aggro within a certain percentage from damage."

Quietly listening to everything Winik was telling him, Aereth thought about how he could help the player in the best way. "You know what, f*ck it, I'll just shoot him a message and see if he has got some free time." Aereth thought and opened up his menu.

To: @Morgenstern

Subject: some help

Text:
Hey Jonathan. Sorry for being kinda dead in the last couple of weeks, but right now I have a pretty new player down here on the first floor that want's to become a tank, and I thought that you could give some tips to the man. If you decide to come just follow the coordinates that I attached to this message. And don't worry, if you're busy it's no big deal if you don't show up, my friend.

Kind Regards
Aereth

Attachment: Current coordinates of Aereth's location

After that, he immediately pressed the send button and turned back to @Winik. "I just messaged my tank friend to come down here and asked him to show you some tricks. I don't know if he has some time though, so let's just see if he comes around. As far as equipment goes, you will definitely need some good armor, a shield with defensive para or thorns and regenerate, and a weapon to deal some good damage, but for now your current equipment should be fine to fight some simple mobs. And this is something where I could indeed help you for real this time. At least, if you want." Aereth said with a small smirk on his face.

OOC: @Morgenstern has officially been invited to the thread.

Winik watched as he typed away at the interface in front of him. 'I hope he doesn't see my as a bother,' he thought to himself. 

"What kind of person is your friend? I just don't want to be caught off guard if he comes and joins us," Winik said with crossed arms. 'This man is really kind to a new player. I wonder why,' he thought. He didn't want to dwell on it too long, that'd make for a headache he wouldn't want to deal with. He shrugged his shoulders, deciding it was better just to let it go.

Winik's head began to spin when Aereth started naming off so many game elements. Regen he could understand, the others not so much. They weren't used on the game's he used to play. "Any help you can give a greenie like me is a God send," Winik stated cheerily.

@Aereth

Edited by Winik

"He's a freaking great guy. He and his friends helped me all the way back when I also was still level one, like you. And he pretty much showed me how to fight in this game." Aereth answered the blonde player with a small smile on his face. He hand't heard from his ex guild mates ever since he left, a couple of weeks ago, and he hoped that they all were alright.

When Aereth was just about to continue with the explanations of the different enhancements, He heard something rustling in the bushes behind them. Immediately activating his searching skill, which was indicated by his faintly glowing eyes, Aereth spotted a group of four boars behind the bushes the noise came from. "Seems like we have some company." Aereth said, chuckling and gestured Winik to follow him to the boars...

"They're pretty easy to fight, since the mostly only charge at you, and thus you can easily predict where the attack will come from. But take care they're pretty fast." Aereth said before unsheathing his blade. After that he charged up a weak area of effect sword art and charged at the group of boars. He sped through the four boars and his blade made contact with all of them but one. After his attack Aereth stood a couple of feet away from Winik and all three boars scattered into tiny little polygons. "I left one for you my friend. You can try your luck." Aereth said resting his blade on his shoulder.

ID# 84670 results:
Battle: 5+3 (ACC Ring), HIT
Damage: 12*4 = 48 DMG

Aereth: 800/800 HP | 72/80 EN | 14/12 DMG (Material Arts/One Handed Straight Sword) | 48 MIT | 10 Flame Aura
Winik: ?/? HP | ?/? EN |

Boar A: 0/10 HP | 3 DMG
Boar B: 0/10 HP | 3 DMG
Boar C: 0/10 HP | 3 DMG

Boar D: 10/10 HP | 3 DMG

@Winik

OOC: That was completely unexpected

The blond sat upon the thirteenth floor, battling off some of the mobs that spawned in the deadened fields. He blocked an oncoming attack and with one final attack, his weapon gleaming bright and true, he slaughtered another. He sighed and closed the rewards after a quick skim for some rare drops he had been looking for form these guys. The info brokers had informed him that occasionally these mobs dropped death powder, a unique ingredient for alchemists. Three hours later, he had achieved nothing. He sighed when he received another message. The familiar dinging sound that became more frequent as the days went on. usually it was more guild work, or monsters had breached the area around their guild hall again.

He read therally and was quite surprised to be hearing from Aereth. The scout/dps player had left just in the last few weeks due to unspoken reasons. He also had befirneded a man who had interest in becoming a tank. That was definitely news to hear. Usually, most players wanted to become that DPS player and get all the drops and be able to farm easily. Not take the role of keeping everyone alive. He sheathed Maiden's Kiss within his shield and began his jog back to the town and to the teleport pad.

He followed the sent coordinates and found Aereth and another player fighting some boars. He walked forward with a smile and looked to the two players. "Hello there!" he spoke kindly, giving a slight wave to them. The new player wore what seemed to be the start of tanking gear, but not good enough he would inquire.

@Winik

Winik sighed as he unsheathed his sword from his waist.  "You know I have no experience with this system, right?  I don't think I'll be able to do much," he called over to the other swordsman.

ID# 84691 

Battle: 1

MOB: 9

He leveled his sword by his side, eyeing the boar wearily.  Another deep sigh escaped him, as his boots dug into the ground and he charged forward.  The last remaining boar squealed as it spun to face against its attacker.  Winik let loose a war cry, not really knowing why.  His sword came to rest vertically above his head, his arm held high.  Through the open air, a voice cried out and surprised the young swordsman.  He turned his head just as the system took over control of his blade.  Blue light gathered on the blade, before tearing through the air at the creature.  What came next was no surprise to him.  His sword slashed past the boar's head, the tip burying itself in the ground.  The boar squealed in indignation, beady red eyes staring directly into Winik's.  It pawed the ground once, before charging into his torso and blowing him off his feet.  His sword was left behind as he was sent hurtling backwards.

Winik: 16/20 HP | 0/2 EN | (-4 from Boar Crit)

Boar D: 10/10 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Winik

Chuckling at the response the blonde gave Aereth, he simply sheathed the blade on his back and answered. "Don't think about it too much, my friend. You just need to place your sword into the right position to trigger the sword art. After that you simply release the sword art and the system takes over in order to help you hitting your target." After that he would watch Winik how he tried to hit the boar, but with little to no effect. But hey, he already could use sword arts, so that's something. Chuckling, Aereth walked over to where Winik's sword was buried into the ground and picked it up with one swift motion. Even though the boar saw this, it didn't dare to attempt attacking the player, since it already saw that Aereth was no match for him after what he did with his boar comrades.

Walking back to the player and handing his blade over to him, Aereth rested one hand on his shoulder and locked eyes with him. "That was not half bad. But you need to stay focused, after your attacks so that you can ready yourself for a possible counter." As soon as Aereth finished his sentence a familiar voice could be heard, and as he looked past Winik, he finally saw his old comrade Jonathan approaching them. "Hey Jon. It's been quite some time, my friend." Aereth said with a genuine smile on his face. "Too long..." he added mentally. "Thaks for coming, and how have you been? Oh, but back to important things. This here is Winik and he's the player I told you about in the message." Turning back to Winik, Aereth said. "And this here is the front liner I've been telling you about earlier. This is Jonathan."

@Morgenstern

Winik stood, slapping his legs to try and knock the dust off from the humiliating blow. He took the proffered sword from Aereth, holding it loosely at his side.  He waved at the newcomer, his face reddening due to him having witnessed his humiliating failure.  "Hi, I'm Winik.  Aereth here said he'd help me out with the beginning stages of my life here. I kind of fell into his lap, metaphorically speaking.  He said you'd be able to give me some advice," Winik said to his compatriots.  "I'm a little cleaned out on gear, as in I don't have any right now.  But, I hope to remedy this soon.  You know how it is, tanks are equipment reliant in their beginning stages." 

ID# 85005 results:

Battle: 5

MOB: 7

He eyed the boar warily before raising his sword in preparation again.  He took a deep breath before running forward. He screamed a battle cry, swinging his sword horizontally as hard as he could.  The blade flashed past the boar's snout, burying itself into a nearby tree.  The boar squealed, swinging its head to the side and knocking into Winik's torso.  He stumbled back, holding his stomach and groaning in frustration. "Tank might be my best bet here, I can't seem to hit anything.  At least I can soak up the hits if I'm a tank."

Edited by Winik

(Sorry for the delays guys)

He would stand there and watch as the newer player returned from his attack, but appeared to not be doing much as he missed quite often. Aereth greeted him first, notioning that it had been quite a bit of time since they last had seen eachother. "It has since your unexpected dismissal" Aereth spoke of the player and said that he was the tank he had spoken about. The player introduced himself as Winik and mentioned he had no armor or items. Jonathan frowned. What good was a tank without armor or items? "First things first, as tank. Usually your not the one taking on the boar entirely by yourself" He chuckled and watched as the boar slammed into his side, causing the tankling to stumble back and almost lose balance. "Nah, first things first you need to get the Howl skill. After that, if you are using a shield, you need to start on the block skill. The block skill gives the most mitigation for a tank of any skill. After that, you can begin to start branching out into the other tanking things like Battle Healing and Heavy Armor"

@Aereth

"It was for the sake of the guild." Aereth said in a low voice, before Jonathan was turning to Winik and started to explain some things to him. "I'll take care of the boar in the meantime." Aereth stated and turned to the mob. The boar opened up his eyes widely, knowing that this would be a lost battle. Still the pieces of code, he consisted of, ordered him to attack the insanely overleveled player. As the boar charged at Aereth, he simply prepared his left foot for a kick, and as soon as the boar reached him, he side-stepped, and landed a weak material arts skill on the mob, effectively destroying it in the process.

Walking back to the two blondes, Aereth just heart how Jon finished his explaniation. "You can trust him and everything he is saying. He's one of the best tanks in whole Aincrad after all.

ID# 85411 results:

Battle: 2+3+1(Disguise), HIT
Damage: 14*2 = 28 DMG

Boar: DED

@Winik

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing Aereth take care of the mob, he swung his sword out to the side before swinging it up and sheathing it at his waist.  "Are there any prerequisites for any of the tanking tree?," Winik questioned the other tank, taking in his appearance.  His armor looked high quality, as did his weapons.  He felt himself growing envious of the other player.  It took him a moment to remember himself, taking a deep breath and quelling his ire.  "I want to learn as much as I can, to be as helpful as I can be.  If there are any, I want to make sure they fall on the top of my priority list.  Aereth has offered to help me, he made mention you could too, and I appreciate it a lot more than you think.  I came in here with my frie.... I mean cousin and I haven't found her.  I want to make sure to keep her safe, I owe her family at least that much."