(PP-F7) A Friend Like Me <<Arabian Nights: Second Night>> (Teion, Hestia, Kimi)

The ginger chuckled, his gaze averting to the path ahead of them as they continued to tread up and down the rolling hills, "I was wondering why you called her Sophie. Its good to hear that the two of you were able to reconnect and stay in touch here." It had turned out that Teion had met Piera online before SAO started, and the two were friends from another game. When the topic came up of Piera and Lee's kidnapping, Teion had no idea that it had happened. The ginger sighed, shaking his head, "Yeah.. We were lucky that Lowenthal had a contact that knew about the kidnappings.. and gave us a lead to where to find them. Aside from that, they were pretty silent about the whole ordeal... I'm..  I'm hoping they aren't still active.." the second half of the man's sentence hinted at a bit of fear and remorse, his mind fighting to not remember those months that he too had been kidnapped by the same group. 

As expected, Teion turned the questioning around on Jomei, asking the single question that must have been on her mind; how Jomei knew Beatbox. Olive eyes shifted back to look at Teion, his chin turning as well to face her fully for a moment before turning forward again. "I had only met Beatbox on a single occasion.. even then, I didn't get to know the man. I had no idea who he was, aside from the fact he knew who I was somehow.. But the reason I know his name, and about him, is because of his sister. I don't know how much you know about her, but in this world, she goes by the name Telrenya. Before I knew that her brother was Beatbox, I promised her I would help her to find him.. since the two of them were never able to meet in this world. Of course, the reason she still was not able to find him was because..." Jomei kept the reasoning silent, since he knew very well that Teion knew the reason why. "...I was there.. when Tel found out how he was killed.. by the man who murdered him himself." a chill ran down his spine as he recalled another memory that he wished he did not have to. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just shrug a bit unsure of myself the connection between the players as i look to Kimi. I wasn't their when they met at the first night quest that seems like a more of a you thing to know, but if they had that first interaction of saying names then we can be sure that hey didn't know each other before this questline started. Or, at the very least didn't know each other that well. I think it might be more of a thing of each other somehow having a common people to talk about, or at least something in common that they are talking a lot about that they realized they did. I say in a low tone of voice while gazing forward hoping to hear something, or bits and pieces here and there about what the two people are talking about. Just like Kimi really wanting to know about this weird purple haired girl, and why it seems their guild leader has some kind of vested interest in her. Already knowing it can't be for romantic reasons since he has that Telrenya girl in the guild. 'That reminds me i still need to find her and hang out with her at some point to see if she is just as kind and caring as i have heard.' I think to myself with a nod of my head as we're still walking through the plains as it seems fairly silent, and peaceful at the moment. However, that is never a guarantee of staying especially since this floor has a few draconic like beings on it also if that Wyrm quest is truly on this floor.

She was able to contain herself for as long as their conversation about Piera's--and later Jomei's--captors lasted, working to silently calm herself as they switched to the topic of the fallen blonde frontliner. She held her tongue as he explained he hardly knew the man, letting him finish his thoughts to learn that he was involved with his mystery sister. 'Telrenya...' Max had mentioned seeing her, going so far as to train her and help ready her for the frontlines herself. Had he told her the girl's username? She couldn't remember.

"You met him?" Without skipping a beat, the question left her with a flat tone that even she wasn't expecting. She felt her jaw clench, and her emotions began to tangle again. Even after the grief, the anger, the mourning, there was so much left that she just didn't seem capable of letting go. The bitterness, the resentment, it all lingered and festered. "Tch." A few moments of silence, and Teion let out a small scowl as the unsavory feelings seemed to overflow. "He was an idiot." A part of her regretted the quiet words as soon as they left her lips, but a more overwhelming part of her didn't care. It wanted the thoughts to spill out of her. And so she dropped her gaze to her feet, brows narrowed as another escaped her. "He knew exactly what he was doing."

Kimi kept her distance from Jomei and Teion while they had what seemed to be a little more personal talk. While still by the side of Hestia, Kimi asked, "Well before you joined up with us last time we quested together. Nothing really happened other than Teion getting mad at the french sounding guy. Other than that she has been more or less quiet. I'd really like to get to know her more, but i don't see too many opportunities to start a conversation. I guess that means i should probably just try harder." Kimi said with a shrug as she thought more about how she wanted to talk to Teion since when they first met it seemed like she had a lot on her mind. Kimi trailed off the path for a bit in search of anything that might be interesting, but nothing came up and she went back to Hestia's side. While they were walking having sharing small conversation Noodle forced himself in between Jomei and Teion trying to get attention from what it seemed. Kimi said to Hestia, "Looks like hes still waiting for the pat that Teion didn't give him back before." Kimi chuckled. 

ID# 95572 results:

LD: 1+2=3

no treasure found. OOC: first time rolling a LD 1

Teion seemed to completely pass over the other information Jomei had mentioned about Telrenya and went straight to asking about Beatbox's murderer. Slowly, his olive gaze averted from the girl, falling towards the green fields in front of him, before slowly nodding his head. "Yeah.."  he spoke hesitantly, his voice hinting that he did not want to talk about it.. but knew he had to. "Death Adder is what he is called.. He had drawn out my guild mates and I by taking another of our friends hostage. Him and his cronies held everyone back, leaving just me and him... Left me within an inch of my life before revealing to Telrenya that he had killed her brother.." Jomei's head dropped even more, a slight crack in his voice, "I.. I don't think I've ever felt so helpless.." 

Jomei's head popped back up when Teion, who blamed Beatbox for his death, rather than Death Adder. "Huh?... What do you mean he knew what he was doing?" Jomei looked at her quizzically for an answer, taking his focus off of his surroundings. From all around them, three bandits, dressed in similar attire from the Fifth Floor, rushed their position. The first of which, ran at Jomei swinging his dagger wildly. As the ginger moved to step back, he noticed Noodle standing at his side in harms way. Quickly dropping to a crouching position, dodging one of the wild swiped, Jomei grabbed the landshark and hopped back to Kimi's location, placing the familiar beside her. Soon after, the man tore his rapier from its scabbard and rushed forward with his Over Radiation sword art activating. Thrusting the blade forward, the initial strike activated the furious combination that swiftly ended the first of the bandit's lives. 

Rolls:

Spoiler

ID 95573 | BD 6(+4) | Over Radiation: 14x17 = 238(-43) = 195 DMG
ID | MD
ID 95574 | MD 1 vs. Teion Miss
ID 95575 | MD 4(+2) vs. Hestia Hit | CD 7 Tri Pierce: 3x9 = 27(-104) = 1 Dmg

Stats: 

Spoiler

Jomei: 1230/1230 HP | 135/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing
Teion: :stuck_out_tongue:
Hestia: :stuck_out_tongue:
Kimi: :stuck_out_tongue:

Senior Thief: 0/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Senior Thief: 186/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Senior Thief: 158/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat) (-28 Thorns)

I look at Kimi confused at the french guy comment as i remember the one from the restaurant i went to with Spencer as my right hand clenches tightly around my sword as i take a calming breathe and then looks at Teion and makes a small mental note. 'Make sure to ask her about Frenchy see if it is the same frecnch F***  that bothered me and Spencer. if yes figure out what he did to this girl to make her that bothered by it. Since if he did something to her it is possible this NPC can do that to other players.' I think to myself rather worried about that fact that could be their. I then hear Kimi's voice once more as i look and see Noodle walking alongside Jomei and Teion as i smile at the cute little scene. Although the fact i didn't see that might probably mean i should focus more to make sure nothing happens.

After some more walking i feel hit my armor as i turn back to see a older looking person in a outfit as i look him up and down, and then chuckles realizing what just happened. Woooow. Good job pal, but you messed with the wrong gal. I say in amusement at the mob that just tried to attack me as i then starts the first motion of my sword art planning on making this hurt for the NPC, or at the very least get lucky and stun him.  I move my blade as fast as i can as two slash marks go across the NPCs chest as i then finish it off by cutting along its eyes robbing it of sight like the sword art requires of me.

#95576  BD:8  CD:11  Rising Sun: 9 DMG-43=1DMG (bleed, Paralyze proct)   -4 ENG total

Jomei: 1230/1230 HP | 135/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing
Teion: :stuck_out_tongue:
[H: 0 l 1] Hestia:  810/810  74/78 ENG     Thorns:28 DMG   Bleed: 24 DMG Regen (+10 HP when hit for three turns)   Recovery (+2 ENG CD:6+)  3 DMG  1 ACC -1 EVA

Senior Thief: 0/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Senior Thief: 186/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Senior Thief: 157/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat) [paralyzed, Bleed 0/2, Stun]

With her eyes at her feet, Teion caught sight of the baby blue and white familiar trotting alongside between her and the Irishman. She naturally widened her path just an inch or two, as if to gravitate away from the creature that seemed to be looking up at her almost expectantly. She frowned, nearly distracted from the heat of their conversation, but her ears caught the words that the Irishman offered her in a slow and hesitant voice. Then she was reminded again about everything that caused her to question reality: the recording crystal alongside the other items he left at her shop. His instructions to Max. His absence at the fireworks festival. Before she had the chance to explain, the sound of other hurried footsteps caused the woman to snap to attention.

Why did it always have to be bandits? It seemed that each of the figures that rushed towards them had chosen different players to target, and the violette was quick to lock eyes with the half-masked woman that rush towards her. With a swift sidestep to the right, Teion was able to dodge the tip of the dagger that was aimed for her abdomen. Her left hand moved to follow along the bandit's arm and take a tight hold of her wrist. With a quick yank forward, she continued the momentum and forced the woman forward into a small somersault, the figure landing on her back with an audible 'thud'.

Standing over the prone thief, Teion reached one arm behind her to grab the handle of the battle axe, spinning the polearm while she brought the weapon in front of her and the large curved blade began to glow a bright sky blue. The weapon left a lighted trail in its path as she grasped its handle with both hands before bringing it down on the thief's torso, cleaving the woman with a powerful strike. The energy from her sword art seemed to burst in a small flash of light, resulting in a second wave of damage that knocked the monster's health bar to zero.

Combat Stats:

Spoiler

ID#: 95577 | BD: 6(+2)=8 - Hit! Screw Dimension (x13) +Charge Active
(14 base) + (3 charge) + (1 ferocity) = (18 DMG) x (13 sword art) = (234 DMG) - (43 MIT) = 191 DMG

Jomei: 1230/1230 HP | 135/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing
Teion: 720/720 HP | 59/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC
[H: 0 l 1] Hestia:  810/810  74/78 ENG     Thorns:28 DMG   Bleed: 24 DMG Regen (+10 HP when hit for three turns)   Recovery (+2 ENG CD:6+)  3 DMG  1 ACC -1 EVA

Senior Thief: 0/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Senior Thief: 0/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Senior Thief: 157/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat) [paralyzed, Bleed 0/2, Stun]

Kimi was just follow Jomei and Teion from a distance when three bandits attacked. Quickly without much hesitation Jomei dodged the first attacker and brought Noodle along with him to Kimi side, "Thanks!" Kimi said as she quickly stepped in front of Noodle.  Kimi watched as Jomei swiftly took down the attacker with a single hit, and following that Teion cut down another through quick and deadly force. "You guys never stop to impress." Kimi said in awe of their strength. As it seemed that it now was her turn to attack. Kimi ran up to one of the bandits to attack, but along the way she tripped on a rock and completely embarrassed herself. Kimi then picked herself up quickly and said, "Umm i'll just leave this up to you guys." Kimi quickly walked back to Noodle hiding the redness on her face from embarrassment. 

Spoiler

ID# 95593 results: Miss casual punch

BD: 1

Jomei: 1230/1230 HP | 135/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing
Teion: 720/720 HP | 59/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC
[H: 0 l 1] Hestia:  810/810  74/78 ENG     Thorns:28 DMG   Bleed: 24 DMG Regen (+10 HP when hit for three turns)   Recovery (+2 ENG CD:6+)  3 DMG  1 ACC -1 EVA
| Kimi | Level 21 | HP420/420 | E 40/42 | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |

Senior Thief: 157/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat) [paralyzed, Bleed 0/2, Stun]

Just as quickly as the thieves had ambushed the players, they had been wiped out, save for the single enemy that had attacked Hestia. The attack Hestia retaliated with seemed to do little to no damage, usually typical to a tank, however the stun effect from her Sword Art left the thief paralyzed in place. The bespectacled red head moved in to deliver to killing blow to the bandit, only to trip on a rock and fall face first into the first. Jomei grimaced as he watched the girl hit the ground, but his eyes quickly trailed back up to the paralyzed thief. "I got him." Jomei called out, activating his Charge skill to close the distance between himself and his target in the blink of an eye. 

Jomei's shoulder met with the chest of the bandit, knocking the stunned enemy backwards. The Duelist continued forward, the thin, glowing blade of Oathkeeper leading forward. The rapier moved just as quickly as Jomei had, piercing the bandit in the chest with rapid succession, not giving him any time to defend himself or move out of the way. The last strike of his blade caused the thief to burst, ending the small confrontation. "Everyone alright?" Jomei asked, turning to the rest of the group.

ID 95615 | BD 2(+4) = 6 Hit | Charge! | Flashing Penetrator: 17(+5) x 11 = 242 (-43) = 199 DMG

Spoiler

Jomei: 1230/1230 HP | 119/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing
Teion: 720/720 HP | 59/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC
| Kimi | Level 21 | HP420/420 | E 40/42 | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |

I look towards Kimi and winces as she just falls face first, and instead of giving the bandit any worry at all i just walk over to her to see how she is doing. You okay Kim? Didn't get to hurt did you? well...you can't get hurt in SAO, but. well. You know what i mean. I say with a small blush realizing my mistake in terms of what is said, and that for myself their really is no saving myself with those words. I see you get back up and walks towards your little shark doggo as i chuckle a bit and gives you a pat on the back for trying, and then turns around to see the thief that tried to hit me get killed by Jomei. Yeah i'm fine Jomei don't worry about it. Not even a scratch on me. I say with a grin knowing that even if i did get hit by the thief i just regenerated right back up immediately. How about yourself, and Teion are you two okay is more of the thing. You kinda did most of the fighting. I say with a small nervous chuckle as i rub the back of my head as i look at the man. I then glance around the area wondering why they showed up now, and the only conclusion i can come to is that they're possibly near the mountain where the Manticore is possibly. Then as if to answer my very question a loud roar is heard as a large creature rests on a outlook of a mountain looking down upon us.

#95619  LD:19  Manticore

Teion hoisted the heavy blade until the weight of the upper handle rested on her shoulder again, shifting her weight to look back to the rest of her party. Slicing open another bandit did well to release some of the aggression that had begun to build, and she gave a wordless nod when Jomei and Hestia's attention turned on her during their brief survey of each party member's safety.

They were given only seconds of reprieve from the ambush, however, as a mighty roar sounded out through the valley. Teion's head snapped to attention, cobalt eyes fixing on the creature in the distance as soon as they'd found the manticore perched almost proudly atop the nearest mountain ridge. The beast reared back, causing Teion to hurriedly shrug off the weight of her weapon back into both hands while she turned to face the creature proper.

Unfurling a pair of dull, leathery taupe wings, the manticore launched from the peak on which it stood. It soared down to meet the players, and Teion's eyes widened when she realized its sights were set on the violette herself. She hastily pulled the polearm of her axe in front of her just in time for its sharp talons to wrap around it. She braced herself against the weight of the manticore, the soles of her shoes scraping against the dirt and grass beneath her. Her strength gave out far before the beast's, and it was only a fleeting moment from when its large paws had collided with Requiem's handle that the weapon was forced upwards and pried from her grip. The tri-colored battle axe landed with a clang several feet behind the woman, and Teion let out an involuntary grunt when her shoulders crashed into the ground just the same. Stretching from her right shoulder to the middle of her chest, a set of thick claw marks radiated with an intense heat while a tenth of her health dropped. The woman lay pinned to the ground with the manticore's assault, the crushing weight of its heavy paw now bearing down on her left shoulder. Teion's heart raced in her chest, and as the manticore raised its paw again for another swipe at the woman she flinched, wrenching her eyes shut towards the oncoming attack.

Combat Rolls

Spoiler

Manticore Attacks:
ID#: 95625 | BD: 2(+3)(-3)=2 - Miss! | MD: 7(+3)(-3)=7 - Hit!

Teion Attacks:
ID#: 95632 | BD: 1 - Critical Fail!

Combat Stats

Spoiler

Group 1

• [0] Teion: (655/720) HP | 70/72 EN | 14 DNG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | Burn (0/2)
  • [0] Kimi: (/) HP | / EN | 
  • [0] Jomei: (/) HP | / EN | 
  • [0] Hestia: (/) HP | / EN | 

Enemy

• Manticore: (647/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10)

Manticore Abilities:

• <<Double Attack>>: Uses both BD and MD to attack twice each turn.
  • <<Partial Phase>>: Deals 24 DMG minimum on successful attacks. Base Damage from <<Fire Breath>> does not have Partial Phase.
  • <<Fire Breath>>: Natural rolls of 8-10 deal 40 AoE DMG and applies Burn (24 DMG per turn for 2 turns), in addition to regular attacks. Base Damage from <<Fire Breath>> is mitigatable and does not have Partial Phase.

"Yeah i'm fine, i guess. They didn't hurt me, but i guess i hurt myself with tripping like that." Kimi said laughing at herself for a brief moment. "Nice job you two! Thanks for carrying me." Kimi said with a smirk. Right as she finished saying that a roar was heard from the top of the mountain. Kimi looked up to see that it was the manticore that they were searching for and it was headed directly for them. "Really? we just fought some bandits." Kimi said as she glanced over at the rest of the party. As it finally landed the Manticore slashed at Teion across her shoulder leaving a burn effect on her. "Oh My God!!! are you ok?!" Kimi overreacted yelling with worry in her voice. After Kimi saw that happen she went ahead to attack it with her Delayed Sword technique, but as she performed it the hide of the monster felt too thick for her to do damage.

Spoiler

ID# 95652 results: Delayed Sword  BD: 6+3=9 hit 45Dmg

Group 1

• [0] Teion: (655/720) HP | 70/72 EN | 14 DNG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | Burn (0/2)
  • [0] Kimi: (420/420) HP | 32/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |
  • [0] Jomei: (/) HP | / EN | 

Enemy

• Manticore: (646/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10) -1HP

Manticore Abilities:

• <<Partial Phase>>: Deals 24 DMG minimum on successful attacks. Base Damage from <<Fire Breath>> does not have Partial Phase.
  • <<Fire Breath>>: Natural rolls of 8-10 deal 40 AoE DMG and applies Burn (24 DMG per turn for 2 turns), in addition to regular attacks. Base Damage from <<Fire Breath>> is mitigatable and does not have Partial Phase.

The rest of his group remained unscathed from the bandit's assault, which relieved Jomei. The attack was sudden, and unexpected, taking them all off guard. Yet they had all proven to be able to react quickly enough to avoid being attacked and take out the bandits in a matter of seconds. "Good" Jomei replied with a simple nod, before his attention was brought to the side of the mountain as a mighty roar pierced the silence of the fields. 

Standing atop the high cliff was a creature that very much resembled a lion, yet its face seemed more pressed in.. almost human like. Its red eyes scanned the four players that stood at the base of the mountain before large, leathery wings unfolded from its back. With another road, the Manticore took off into the air and soared directly at the party. "Get ready!" Jomei shouted before readying his weapon. The creature hit the ground and swiped at Teion, knocking her to the ground and pinning her down, claws trying to dig into her flesh. Reacting on instinct, Kimi rushed the Manticore to attack, though her punch left not even a scratch upon the beast's body. With wide eyes, fearing for the girl who was being crushed under the weight of its lion-like claws, Jomei activated his Charge skill and shot forward, his boots kicking up a cloud of dirt as he propelled himself at the beast. The ginger's shoulder collided with the side of the Manticore, knocking it from atop the violette. With its attention off of Teion for the moment, Jomei's rapier found its way to the Manticore's body, unleashing a furious onslaught of slashes and piercing strikes, pushing the creature back step by step. 

Spoiler

ID 95727 | BD 8(+4 ACC)(-2 EVA) 10 Hit | Charge! | Over Radiation: 14 x (17 base)+( 5 Charge) = 308 (-50 Mit) = 258 Dmg
Group 1

• [0] Teion: (655/720) HP | 70/72 EN | 14 DNG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | Burn (0/2)
  • [1] Kimi: (420/420) HP | 32/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |
  • [1] Jomei: (1230/1230) HP | 120/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing

Enemy

• Manticore: (388/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10) -258 HP

Manticore Abilities:

I just watch the Manticore come down, and attacks Teion as i suppress a chuckle that threatened to escape my lips. Having seen the woman always having this cool, but calm facade get knocked down is amusing to some extent, and not feeling all that worried about her from being able to see her health bar and it wasn't a overly terrible loss to health in all seriousness. Though the burn icon did appear which means she is taking some damage more which isn't all that great. With a shrug i walk over to Teion and puts my hands against the wounds as i look down at her. I may be a tank, but i also function as a healer. Now this may sting a bit..is what i would say if this was real life, but no it's a video game so you'll be fine. I say in a joking tone hoping to lighten up the mood as i press my hands lightly against the claw marks and activates first aid healing up the injuries Teion has received. Also Kimi she'll be fine she is a big girl that can tank a hit or two. I say in a gentle tone to Kimi not wanting her to worry about this at all. When i finish she is already back at full health basically as i nod my head. See totally fine. Now come on go beat up that Man..ti..core.. I fall silent seeing it lose almost all of its health once more. My fists tighten as i try to control the utter annoyance, and anger i feel at another Greek Myth just being treated like it's a child's TOY!

Spoiler

Used first aid: heals 57 HP    Energy lost. 2 Energy    57x.05=2.88(rounded down)

Group 1

• [0] @Teion: (712/720) HP | 70/72 EN | 14 DNG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | Burn (0/2)
  • [1] Kimi: (420/420) HP | 32/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |
  • [1] Jomei: (1230/1230) HP | 120/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing
  • [0] Hestia: Hestia:  810/810  76/78 ENG     Thorns:28 DMG   Bleed: 24 DMG Regen (+10 HP when hit for three turns)   Recovery (+2 ENG CD:6+)  3 DMG  1 ACC -1 EVA

Enemy

• Manticore: (388/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10) -258 HP

Manticore Abilities:

Teion kept her eyes shut, waiting with bated breath to feel the manticore's next attack hit her. Her anticipation was only quelled by the disappearance of the monster's weight from standing down on her, causing the woman's eyes to blink back open. She released the breath she had been holding as the ginger's frame to her side worked to push the hybrid beast back with each strike of his rapier. She registered the cry of concern from the younger martial artist, and just a second later Hestia appeared kneeling at her side.

The woman's palm pressed against her collarbone before the hand let off a gentle glow that caused the empty section of her health bar to regain nearly all of its bright green color. A quick glance up to her party interface showed a status effect still clinging to her, but she mentally shrugged it off. Good to know they had a solid utility player in their group.

"Thanks." She nodded to the tank, her comment to the redhead causing a small smirk to pull at the corner of her lips while she hurriedly pushed herself back to her feet. "Yeah, nothing a heal or a potion won't fix." She tacked on to ease Kimi's concern.

With the manticore's attention still locked onto the ginger, it let out a low growl after his punishment drained its health bar. Rearing back once again, it gave a single beat of its wings before heavy lion paws crashed down in an aggressive stance. The beast swiped at Jomei, missing its mark before it followed-up with a swing of its barbed scorpion tail. Seconds after piercing the Irishman's virtual flesh, just as Teion had retrieved her axe, the manticore drew in a terribly deep breath that seemed to glow with a foreboding, flickering light. It let out another roar that was filled with rolling flames, sweeping it maned head across the battlefield to engulf it--along with all the players--in its dancing fire.

Combat Rolls

Spoiler

Manticore Attacks:
ID#: 95753 | BD: 10 - Critical Hit! | MD: 4(+3)(-4)=3 - Miss!

Teion Attacks:
ID#: 95754 | BD: 4(+3)(-2)=5 - Miss!

Combat Stats

Spoiler

Group 1

• [0] Teion: (648/720) HP | 70/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | Burn (0/2)
  • [1] Kimi: (398/420) HP | 32/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 ThornsBurn (0/2)
  • [1Jomei: (1125/1230) HP | 120/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. HealingBurn (0/2)
  • [0] Hestia(809/810) HP | 76/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | Burn (0/2)

Enemy

• Manticore: (388/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10)

Manticore Abilities:

Kimi watched as Jomei charged in dealing a massive amount of damage to the towering Manticore. Her eyes widened a bit as she witnessed a good third of the monsters health drop even through its thick hide. "Nice one!" Kimi exclaimed towards Jomei. Kimi stayed back away from the Manticore and watched Hestia heal Teion. "Ohhh that's neat I didn't know you could do that." she said surprised. "Sorry about that screech earlier, still not used to seeing people take hits like that." Kimi said scratching her arm a little nervously. Right as that was going on the Manticore let out a roar and shot fire from its mouth engulfing the battlefield with flames with Kimi in the process. "Ahh!" She couldn't help, but let out a small screech. Thought there wasn't any pain in the game her brain received the psychological part of it. "Still not used to not feeling anything." Kimi said in a nervous laugh trying to rub off the flames.

Combat Stats

Spoiler

ID# 95788 results:   BD: 2+3=5 Miss 

Sword Art: Embracer 

Group 1

• [0] Teion: (648/720) HP | 70/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | Burn (0/2)
  • [1] Kimi: (374/420) HP | 30/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns Burn (0/2)
  • [1Jomei: (1125/1230) HP | 120/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing Burn (0/2)
  • [0] Hestia(809/810) HP | 76/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | Burn (0/2)

Enemy

• Manticore: (388/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10)

Manticore Abilities:

With the Manticore now removed from atop the downed Teion, Hestia was able to tend to the girl's wounds. Jomei, on the other hand, kept the Manticore at bay by pulling its attention to him. The beast's red eyes locked onto Jomei before batting its wings and letting out another mighty roar. The ginger pulled up his rapier to his front, pointing the tip upwards towards the Manticore's head. Jomei quickly stepped back, avoiding the first of the swipes delivered by the manticore, its sharp claws just barely scraping against the metal of Jomei's blade. The unexpected second attack from the beast's spiked tail was what Jomei was not expecting, as it show forward and pierced Jomei's shoulder. 

The ginger flinched from the tingling sensation he felt spreading from the point of contact. With his free hand, Jomei grabbed at the bade of the stinger, pulling himself free. As his eyes shifted back to the Manticore's face, he was met with a blast of flames coming from its open mouth. The fire spread outwards, engulfing all four of the players. "Sh*t" Jomei cursed under his breath, throwing his arms up to try and block most of the fire from hitting his body. 

Once the fire had died down, Jomei launched back into action, using his Over Radiation skill again to cut up the Manticore's body, leaving its health on the border between red and yellow.

Spoiler

ID 95850 | BD 6(+4)(-2) = 8 Hit | Over Radiation: 14x17 = 238(-50 Mit) = 188 DMG

Group 1

• [1] Kimi: (374/420) HP | 30/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns Burn (1/2)
  • [1Jomei: (1099/1230) HP | 111/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing (24 HP) Burn (1/2)
  • [0] Hestia(809/810) HP | 76/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | Burn (0/2)

Enemy

• Manticore: (200/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10)

Manticore Abilities:

I smile rather happily at Teion trying also to ease Kimi's concerns about this whole situation as i then watch Teion go in to attack it, but once more miss the beast with the added addition of a wave of flames appearing. I quickly raise my shield to guard against being hit by the flames directly, but i can still feel the metal along my body heat up as i frown seeing the burn status appear on me which i can only assume is from my very heated armor. However, at hearing Kimi's screech i once more activate first aid quickly and then puts my hands at Kimi's back along the spine as the skill takes care of the rest healing up the lost hit points. It's fine Kim it's a learning experience to try and shut off the part of the brain that makes you think this is all so real. I say with a small chuckle as i stop the healing skill once Kimi is back to full health almost just like Teion. Though i do wonder how miserable breaking the boulder must've been if you didn't get use to the fake pain by now. Punching a very sturdy boulder hurts quite a bit. I say in slight concern for my red headed companion.

Spoiler

Hestia uses first aid Kimi heals by 33 HP  1 ENG used

Group 1

• [1] Kimi: (407/420) HP | 30/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns Burn (1/2)
  • [1Jomei: (1099/1230) HP | 111/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing (24 HP) Burn (1/2)
  • [0] Hestia(785/810) HP | 76/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | Burn (1/2)

Enemy

• Manticore: (200/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10)

Manticore Abilities:

•  

Teion grit her teeth as the flames engulfed the party, wincing as the lingering burning sensation in her shoulder quickly spread to the rest of her virtual body as the status effect's timer was promptly reset beneath her health bar.

She exhaled steadily, cobalt eyes flickering from the party display in the upper corner of her vision to the manticore that continued to square off with the Irishman a few paces ahead. Thanks to Hestia's healing, nobody's health was in any real danger, and at the rate the monster's health was dropping she figured they should be able to kill it off before any of them hit yellow.

Gripping the handle of her axe more tightly, Teion pushed herself forward towards the beast's flank. She was counting on its attention being fixed on Jomei, but as she closed in for a swipe of her curved blade the manticore whipped its barbed tail to the side as if to swat away her assault. The violette managed to dodge the appendage, but made the mistake of bringing her weapon down too quickly. "Dammit!" She missed the creature's hide by several inches, cursing under her breath when her blade of her axe sunk into the dirt instead.

Combat Rolls

Spoiler

Manticore Attacks:
ID#: 95907 | BD: 4(+3)(-4)=3 - Miss! | MD: 7(+3)(-4)=6 - Hit!

Teion Attacks:
ID#: 95908 | BD: 3(+3)(-2)=4 - Miss!

Combat Stats

Spoiler

Group 1

• [0] Teion: (624/720) HP | 69/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | Burn (1/2)
  • [1] Kimi: (407/420) HP | 30/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns Burn (1/2)
  • [2Jomei: (1034/1230) HP | 111/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing (24 HP) Burn (0/2)
  • [0] Hestia(785/810) HP | 76/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | Burn (1/2)

Enemy

Manticore Abilities:

Kimi blushed a little bit as everyone she was with right now was used to the idea the game doesn't hurt you. As she flailed about trying to get the burn status effect off Kimi bumped into the Manticore. She looked up slowly to see the Manticores gaze fall upon her, "Uhh... hi" Kimi said in a nervous shaking voice with a broken smile. The Manticore lowered its head closing in on her and let out a small growl. Kimi in return let out a small "Eeep" as she instinctively gathered energy around her fist and performed her Embracer sword art. Kimi didn't expect much to come out of her quick reaction of a sword art, but as she went for her attack she felt a nasty squish. Kimi didn't notice until later that she poked the eye of the Manticore making it back off in anger as it tried to recover. "Ohhh!? I did a thing!?"

Spoiler

Rolls

ID# 95990 results: Embracer

BD: 6+3-2=7 Hit, Stun

Group 1

• [0] Teion: (624/720) HP | 69/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | Burn (1/2)
  • [2] Kimi: (383/420) HP | 30/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns Burn (2/2)
  • [2Jomei: (1034/1230) HP | 111/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing (24 HP) Burn (0/2)

Enemy

• Manticore: (199/647) HP | 65 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 50 MIT | 24 Burn (successful attacks, excluding 8-10) Stunned

Manticore Abilities: