(PP-F7) A Friend Like Me <<Arabian Nights: Second Night>> (Teion, Hestia, Kimi)

Their short moment of victory was diminished as the woman's newly equipped spear dug into the flesh under Hestia's armor. Jomei remained frozen, not wanting to rush in and provoke the woman into doing even more damage. However, from behind him, Kimi jumped into action, knocking the woman off of Hestia with a swift kick. The man who held onto Hestia picked up on the girl's lower level, and wrapped a large forearm around her neck, locking her in place. The spear-wielding player's anger was apparent that another player had rushed in to save the day, and she did not hesitate to move to pierce Kimi in the stomach with her blade. Jomei's eyes widened, realizing that Hestia had taken a hell of a hit, and she was a tank.. if that spear pierced through Kimi, it would be a lot worse.

Just at the last moment, Noodle had jumped back into action, using its body to knock the spear off of its course, the sharp tip gliding along Kimi's side. "You little sh*t" the woman said through grit teeth as she glared down at the land shark that had gotten in her way yet again. Thinking quickly, Jomei brought two fingers up to his lips to let out a single sharp whistle. From a tree that stood a couple meters off of their position, a dark blur shot towards the group, its wings extending as it took flight. Adere's talons extended forward as she dropped down onto the man that held Kimi's head, clawing at his hair and flapping her wings in her face. "Grah!" the man let out a pissed off grunt, raising his hands up off of Kimi to try and shake the owl from his face. 

With Kimi now free to get away from the reach of the woman's spear, Jomei rushed forward to try and disarm the woman yet again. His fingers wrapped around the handle of the polearm, struggling to free it from the grasp of its owner. "You just.. won't quit.. will you." she said through grunts, trying to push Jomei off of her. "I won't.. let you hurt.. my friends!" Jomei growled back through his struggle. Behind him, the larger man's arms began to wildly swipe at the air, trying to knock Adere off of him. In his own struggle, the man's arm flailed, his fist colliding with the back of Jomei's head. This was all the spear woman needed to free herself from the ginger's grasp on her weapon. She rose the weapon up horizontally, bashing Jomei in the jaw with the center of her weapon before turning to try and stab Jomei. Despite his dazed stumbling, Jomei was able to act quick enough to step away from the spear's end. The weapon continued forward despite, stabbing her own companion in the abdomen. "F**k!" the man shouted, Adere finally unlatching from his face and returning to the air above them. 

Jomei took the opportunity from the small confusion in combat to retrieve his rapier from the ground where he once slept. Unsheathing the blade, he held its tip forward at the two. "Lay down your weapon" Jomei warned them, "I don't care what bad blood you have against Teion, but we have you outnumbered." 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gaze around the battlefield as everything seemed to happen very quickly from myself getting stabbed and seeing the shock as my health dropped way more then it should've been able to do with my mitigation stats. The realization of who we could be messing with getting to myself right away. That this is either some big assassination guild that has something against Tieon for some reason, or the once inactive Laughing Coffin deciding now is the perfect time to strike some players, and having something against Teion for whatever reason. Just being more so confused about this whole situation on what is going on and the whys of it all. Once i am able to tune back into the fight i see Kimi held at weapon point as i stay where i am not moving in this time. Not wanting to be the cause if Kimi is killed because of myself being way to reckless. My familiar staying put and making sure none of the bandits are able to leave the area, and force them back in if need be. Until one of us would call him off.

Once Kimi is free i grin rather happily as i force myself to play on the reserves and stay out of the active fight so i can first aid anybody else who manages to get hurt by the woman's spear thing that can somehow do lots of damage. That being rather frightening such a weapon can have so much damage behind it. I keep that in mind for whenever i could come across a player that would try to directly attack me for whatever reason they could come u to hate myself, and have such a weapon of their own. For now i can only trust that Jomei can handle the woman as i keep an eye out for anybody that would try to take a hostage, or interrupt the fighting that Jomei is doing. Willing to interfere by knocking them out of the way using shield, and heavy armor if need be. Even if it evens out into a stale match of just pure brute force.

With the two parties now separated again, the leader of the pair of assassins stared daggers into each of the green avatars. Her breaths had grown heavier after the struggle, and her patience had long run out. With a deafening silence hanging in the night air, Teion willed herself to move. The soles of her shoes ground the loose dirt and gravel beneath them as she took a few short strides to place herself between the two opposing sides. Though her heart was beating rapidly in her chest, she pushed past the fear to hold her arms out to her sides, back facing the trio while she stared forward at their assailants with a gaze as sharp as she could manage. "Leave them out of it. All of them." She growled, the altercation in the desert a week and a half ago still very fresh in her mind.

The girl's auburn brows narrowed further, and her spear's tip pointed to the ground at her side. There was a long moment of silence, and then the orange player walked forward, bringing herself directly in front of Teion. She reached her left hand out, taking a fistful of the violette's cream-colored shirt at her collar and dragging her down a couple of inches to meet her eyes. "One, don't blame me if you wanna hide behind all your little justice-seekers. Playing the hero's only gonna get you killed out here." She sneered, keeping a tight grip on the woman's clothing as she continued. "Two, as long as you're a means to our end, don't count on it. Until the 'Demon King of Aincrad' pays for every last one of my guys he was so kind to take off my hands, I'm going to do whatever it takes to find him and make. Him. Bleed." Her words dripped with venom as she jerked Teion slightly closer.

The woman bristled as her blood ran hot. Cobalt eyes widened with the weight of her threats, and her jaw clenched tightly with a new fire raging in her eyes. "You stay the hell away from--" Her hissed words were cut short when the hand that grasped onto her collar released and pulled back, silencing Teion with a resounding 'slap' across her right cheek. The blow had knocked more than a few hitpoints away from her, leaving a bright red patch on the skin of her face. "Save it." Sapphire eyes flickered to each of the enraged players' that stood on the other side of the violette before turning back onto the main target of her fury, her volume dropping to little more than a whisper. "Three. If making your life hell gets me what I want, then you better strap in, sweetheart. I'm not finished until that name is crossed out."

She took a step and a half back, quickly eyeing Jomei, Hestia, and Kimi before she turned around back to her cloaked companion. She reached into a small pouch at her side, pulling out a single crystal and shoving it into the man's hand. Retrieving her own a second later, she turned back to the players and waved with the hand that held it while she wore a sinister smirk. The teleport crystals activated with soft-spoken words, and their avatars vanished moments later.

After Jomei managed to free Kimi with his familiar she fell to one knee letting out a small grunt of frustration that she let herself get caught and nearly killed. The following moments that transpired happened in a quick and orderly fashion as Jomei and Teion took charge of the assassins in a swift action. Though everyone was now on more or less equal grounds the assassins knew that they were at a disadvantage and escaped. Kimi let out a sigh of frustration, "Wish we could've caught at least one of them to get a bit of information." She looked towards Noodle and pat him on the head saying, "Thanks for the save buddy. Might not be around if you didn't help." Kimi didn't forget to thank Adere who helped her get out of the mans hold. "Thank you too." She said with a weak smile giving a small appreciative nod. Kimi held on the the area where she had been grazed feeling a bit uneasy. "Are you two alright?" Kimi asked looking at both Teion and Hestia disregarding her own wound. Kimi picked herself up after she finally calmed down a bit.

The tension in the air was so thick, Jomei could have sliced through it with his rapier. The sapphire eyes of the spear wielding woman jumped from player to player, outweighing her options in the manner, her friend just as quiet off to the side. Teion quickly moved to place herself between their two attackers, and the other three members of her party, ordering them to stay away from them. The auburn haired woman did not seem to take kindly to Teion's choice of tone, and her fist found a handful of the violette's shirt as she gave her own two cents through a growl. As Teion went to snap back at the woman, she was met with an open palm to her cheek, the sound of skin slapping skin pierced the silence of night. The ginger's grip on his rapier tightened for a moment, taking a step forward to intervene.. but figuring it would not be for the best, and to let Teion take care of it. 

In the end, the two orange players gave in and made their retreat, vanishing into thin air with the use of teleport crystals. Jomei's shoulders dropped with a heavy sigh, finally feeling relief that the situation had defused. "Thank Christ thats over.." he said under his breath. "Not just them Kimi, but are you okay? I know you took a bit of a hit there too.." Jomei looked around to all of the women with a sigh, "Sorry I wasn't able to keep any of you from taking damage.."

I take a calming breathe as the group leaves as i check my health bar and is just contemplating at the person managing to take down so much of my health with just a singular strike. I glance over towards Teion. I think we have some talking to do Teion. Now it is Story time. Whether you like it or not i would like to know who those people were, why they wanted to kidnap you, and how they were so strong. They managed to cut through my mitigation like it was butter for pete's sake. I say to the woman as i turn to her. having a serious look not going to back down from this as i walk over towards the Violette. So then why don't you tell us who they were. Kimi could've died from that if myself a tank was almost put in danger from that situation. I tell her not liking the idea that we could be continuously hunted by such a group as long as we're with this woman. Not wanting Kimi to be put in danger from such people that could kill her with a single hit if they felt like it. Now then story time. I say deathly serious as i look the woman in the eyes. All traces of the kind and happy girl gone, and replaced with a serious looking tank that only cares for protecting her friends and those close to her.

At some point, the violette's body had begun to tremble. She wasn't sure if it was after the leader's last threats against her boyfriend's life, or when she had watched their weapons pierce the avatars of her teammates, or even when she first awoke and heard the girl's sadistic voice whispering in her ear. Their presence gradually faded away, as if their disappearance into the night air slowly became more real as the seconds ticked away, and the group moved on to making sure everyone was alright.

The sound of her own username was enough to snap her back to reality, and she turned her head towards Hestia before she had registered her own terrified expression. Her earlier bravado against the pair of assassins had vanished along with them, and she suddenly felt herself shrinking under Hestia's intense gaze. Her heart continued to beat quickly in her chest, and she was unable to pull her gaze away from the deep blue that stared into her. "I--I don't know who they are!" She claimed, her defensive tone of voice overcompensating for how shaken she was becoming. Teion's eyes finally broke away from Hestia's, drifting downward while her head was screaming at her. Telling her that she shouldn't have put herself in this kind of a position again. That the one time that she had dragged anyone else into a mess like this should have been the last.

Her right hand lifted, the heel of her palm digging into her tilted forehead as it displaced her violet bangs. "They--When they first showed up, I had no idea what they wanted. I just thought they were some assholes who got a kick out of f*cking with people." Her breaths were short as her mind frantically worked back to her first encounter with what she assumed were the girl's lackeys. With the memory hazy and only serving to distress her further, she skipped ahead. Cobalt eyes darted around the ground at Hestia's feet as all of the memories played back in her mind and her fragmented explanations continued to spill out. "But, then this girl showed up. She wants revenge. They want to use me for bait, 'cause they know it'll work. It was just the same as this, they went for us at night..." With wide eyes, Teion looked back up to Hestia. Rather than meet her eyes again, they locked onto the bright red stab wound on her avatar's collarbone. They then drifted to the smaller gash across Kimi's stomach. Ryo and Spencer could have died in the desert because of her, and at the very least, Kimi could have here as well. Teion froze with the weight of the knot in her stomach. The sole of her shoe eventually scraped against the ground with the tiny step she took backwards. "S-sorry. I'm really sorry. I should just go."

Just as Jomei mentioned her wound Kimi shrugged it off intently trying to get at what the condition of her companions are.”It’s really fine. These things will happen and as long as everyone is fine, I’m fine.” Kimi said in a very reassuring voice. Just as Kimi turned to check on Hestia, she bursted out talking to sternly with a hint of anger at Teion. Kimi’s worry began to rise as she really wanted to talk about this under a more calm situation, but because the two orange players did a number on them by themselves Kimi could understand Hestia’s reasoning. She put her hand on Hestia’s shoulder while still grasping her stomach, “Hestia, I know it was bad, but just think for a minute what Teion might’ve been dealing with? For all we know there’s a lot she’s carrying on her shoulder and I don’t wish to add more to it.” Before Kimi could finish calming Hestia down Teion broke into the conversation explaining herself. Kimi glanced at Teion really wishing she could’ve finished calming Hestia before going to her explanation. While this happen Kimi looked back at Jomei giving him a concerned look for assistance. 

Once Teion finished and said it was best for her to get going Kimi staggered forward to stop her. Noodle caught wind of the tension in the air and through the bond he shared with Kimi, he also went to stop Teion. Kimi place her hand on Teion forearm and said with a slightly forced smile, “W-wait, don’t go just yet.” Noodle walked up from under Kimi and placed his paw on Teions foot looking up at her with his gleaming puppy like eyes. “It’s not your fault. We should’ve been more careful and had someone on lookout.” Kimi tried to reason, “Also I shouldn’t have let my emotions get ahead of me and I should’ve thought more about my actions before putting myself in danger.” Kimi tried her best to comfort Teion as she really was worried for her since when they first met. Kimi continued in a more sincere and calm voice. “Next time we will just have to take extra precautions. For now let’s just sit and talk about it. I know you’re not comfortable right now, but I WANT to help you. I know there’s something more to this and you could use as much help as you can.” Kimi looked back at Hestia as she mentioned helping Teion. Kimi looked down at the ground gathering her thoughts to find the right thing to say. She felt a bit off giving such comforting words since they weren’t close, but she honestly wanted to help her. “Look... I know we just met and you most likely don’t consider me a friend, but at least let me hear everything you’ve been carrying on your shoulder this whole time. Since we’ve started this quest chain you’ve been stiff, but I saw someone cheerful under that shell when Noodle went after you for your cookie.” Kimi said looking down at Noodle and gaving a small chuckle. Kimi paused for a while to let what she said sink in and made sure Teion wouldn’t go running off. She then muttered one word in a low comforting tone, “Please.”

Jomei’s unnecessary apology seemed to fall on deaf ears, his eyes raising to see Hestia glaring at Teion with daggers for eyes. She demanded to know just what thet was all about, and why those orange players had tried to kidnap her, putting everyone in danger. Kimi, however, was quick to step in to try and calm Hestia down. “Teion didn’t put us in danger, we put ourselves in danger by jumping in. They said it themselves, they didn’t want us. Despite, Kimi is right.. you can’t blame Teion for this. How was she supposed to know that they would somehow hunt her down because of some unfinished business?” 

Hestia’s words, however, struck Teion’s conscious, leaving the girl to attempt to make a retreat. Again, the dynamic duo of Kimi and Noodle rushed to stop her, offering kind words of wanting to help Teion with whatever this was. Jomei felt there was no use to throwing in his own two cents, the shorter redhead having expressed his own thoughts too well. “Look, lets all just head back towards Nimbus.. if Teion wants to tell us why they were after her, she can. Either way though, we should just get back to the safe zone.”

I look towards Kimi as she puts a hand on my shoulder, and i then hear her words and i keep my vision away from Teion. Not wanting to look at her since i know Kimi is right on this matter along with Jomei. That there is no way Teion could've known they were after her at this time of night. Feeling ever so slightly conflicted about the whole ordeal now. Knowing she can't be blamed for knowing they were targeting her, but knowing that such people were out and about messing with people. I look towards the violette as she tries to leave as i shake my head and grabs her other arm as i look towards her. Look you may have..accidentally put us in danger and i prefer us being safe. I say to the woman in a bit of a blunt manner. On the other hand though i can't allow you to leave either Teion. I am a tank and my job is protect, and when i joined this guild and took this profession that meant i would protect others. As long as they had good intentions and i can tell that you can be a kind and caring person. Even under that tough exterior you try to have Kimi is right i am sure there is a kind girl who probably would like some friends. That can be us if you want. I tell her with a smile. And even if you don't want it to be us tough luck. You're stuck with us dragons as friends. i tell the woman jokingly with a smile. Trying to ignore some of the guilt i feel from both Kimi, and Jomei telling me to basically cool it and to think more rationally about Teion's situation and trying to view it in her perspective.

I nod my head towards Jomei myself fine with heading back towards Nimbus since it could hopefully alleviate some of the tension that this area has from everything that had just occurred. I glance towards my familiar who is walking back towards me and nuzzles against me. I happily pet his head with a small smile glad that Kuro is at least fine and having not been hurt during all that.

(ooc: I started writing a ton about getting back to town for story time, then remembered we have to fight more bandits xD; @Kimi, do the thing!! :3)

Kimi's reassurance was both unexpected and not. Either way, and whether or not she could recognize it in that moment, it was appreciated. She felt a small pressure on the top of her foot and looked down to meet eyes with the pleading familiar that had helped to fight against the assassins. Another hand on her opposite arm, and the violette's shaking slowly subsided. Her bottom lip stiffened so as to avoid its noticeable quivering, and she still struggled to keep herself together while she nodded with the consensus to return back to town before anything. "I'll... I'll talk about everything when we get back to town." She agreed in a soft voice.

Luckily, the journey was not nearly as long and arduous as their trip through the desert on the first leg of the Arabian Nights quest chain. Teion walked alongside the guildmates in silence, too focused on holding her emotions inside for the trip and trying in vain to organize her messy thoughts.

As what Kimi said was done and finished, tensions within the air subsided for the meantime leaving each and everyone person to their thoughts. The quiet sounds of the night slowly overtook what tension was left as the group readied themselves for the journey back. The clear moonlit sky paved a path through the dark of night for them to travel as the cold bitter wind nibbled at those who weren't accustomed to it.

Kimi was content traveling quietly down the mountainside, but just as she thought everything was going well she heard quick rapid movements coming from some shrubbery nearby. Before she could react a bight light suddenly flashed at them then made its way to focus on a single shadowy silhouette that blocked the path. "Prepare for trouble!" The figure said. Following that another similar light did the same and pointed to a figure right beside the first. "And make it double." Kimi at this point was confused at what was going on. "Was this some sort of secret event?" She questioned herself. The two figures then continued a dialog that Kimi herself wasn't in the slightest interested as she was still trying to make sense of the encounter. Just when the two finished their dialog, they made it clear they were looking for a fight. Kimi quietly said under her breath, but still audible to her companions, "The f*ck?"

[0 | 0] Teion: (720/720) HP 72/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | 
[0 | 0] Kimi: (420/420) HP | 42/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |
[0 | 0] Jomei: (1130/1230) HP 135/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing | 
[0 | 0] Hestia: (810/810) HP | 78/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | 

Senior Thief: 186/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Senior Thief:
186/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Sword Arts:

Spoiler

Bandits don't have an energy bar but they will use sword arts with every successful hit.

• Basic Damage: 9 (10 on a natural BD of 9 , 11 on a natural 10 BD of 10)
  • Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-3]
  • Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 4-8]
  • Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
  • Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]
  • Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12]

The ginger's eyes closed as he let out a tiny sigh, relieved that the group had come to senses, rather than point fingers at who was to blame for the orange players' attack. Despite, Jomei could not help but fell a twinge of guilt.. for the idea of setting up camp outside of the safe zone was just a stupid idea. He kept the thought to himself, however, since all of the players present were able to handle themselves. With Teion's agreement to explain more once they were back in Nimbus, Jomei nodded, "Let's get moving then."  After packing up their things and putting out what was left of the smoldering fire, the small group of players began their trek back to Nimbus under the darkness of night. 

The party traveled in silence, most likely from a combination of exhaustion from lack of sleep, and from keeping their wits about them in the case of another attack from those orange players. Jomei's left wrist rested on the pommel of Oathkeeper, his finger toying with the small harp-like charm that hung from the handle of his rapier. Suddenly, a flash of unknown light blinded the group, stopping them in their tracks. "W-what the-" Jomei started, before a voice sounded out with a warning to ready themselves. Immediately after the female voice had ended, a second light brightened the dark plains around them, a male voice adding a second person for the trouble they were apparently supposed to be preparing for. 

The light that shrouded the two in a deep shadow began to face, giving features to each of the persons. Each of them wore strikingly similar suits of leathers, the female with long red hair while the male sported a shoulder length bob. "...who the hell are these clowns?" Jomei said under his breath, his brows knitting in confusion. The male, who somehow managed to hear Jomei's words to himself cackled, before pointing a finger towards the group. "Why, we are here to rob you of course!" His voice shockingly proper for a bandit. Jomei simply scoffed, stepping through the group of players and brandishing his rapier. "Tch, like hell you're not." He said with a smirk before turning his rapier in his hand and breaking into a sprint towards the male bandit. 

As the ginger approached, the blue haired man drew his dagger and swiped at Jomei, only for the man to quickly parry the attack a with his own blade. Retracting his knife and going for an overhead strike, Jomei rose Oathkeeper upwards to block in a roof guard high above his head. Raising a boot from the ground, the duelist pressed it into the bandit's chest forcefully, knocking him off balance. The rapier in the ginger's hand began to glow gold as he followed through with another step, his rapier jabbing forward with eleven powerful thrusts that gave the bandit no time to react. A moment later, the first of the bandits burst into pixels. Before the ginger could turn around, he felt the blade of the other bandit cutting through the back of his coat with three diagonal cuts. 

ID 97548 | BD 5(+4) Hit | Charge | Flashing Penetrator: 11x17(+5) = 242 (-43 MIT) = 199 Dmg
ID | MD --Dead--
ID 97549 | MD 10 | CD 11 | Big Crit | Shadow Stitch: 3x2(11) = 66 (- 52 MIT) = 14 Dmg

[0 | 0] Teion: (720/720) HP 72/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | 
[0 | 0] Kimi: (420/420) HP | 42/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |
[0 | 0] Jomei: (1216/1230) HP 128/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing | (-14 Dmg) (Bleed 2/2)
[0 | 0] Hestia: (810/810) HP | 78/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | 

Senior Thief: 0/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat) (-199 Dmg)
Senior Thief: 186/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)

Sword Arts:

Spoiler

Bandits don't have an energy bar but they will use sword arts with every successful hit.

• Basic Damage: 9 (10 on a natural BD of 9 , 11 on a natural BD of 10)
  • Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-3]
  • Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 4-8]
  • Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
  • Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]
  • Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12]

I walk along with the group while walking through the desert as i keep an eye out for anymore bandits that could show up to try and cause problems for us when we just wish to make it back towards the main settlement. Myself curious what Teion will say once she is comfortable enough to tell the entire group. Wanting to know as much as possible to figure out why their were actual players trying to attack and kill her for more then just the reasons of for fun, or something along the lines of a player killer guild could want to do. Along the way though at seeing two bandits appear and start talking very weirdly as i check and sees that they aren't players just legitimate bandits that are doing a speech. i am sorry, but...what? I say entirely confused as they finish off their words of wanting peace or something, or chaos finding it all confusing on what these two bandits are actually wanting to try and do towards the group. I just shrug and activate howl after Jomei manages to kill one of the bandits knowing that per usual Teion, and Jomei will kill them before my howl is actually meaningful, but at the very least i will feel like i did something rather then just stand around and doing absolutely nothing.

0 | 0] Teion: (720/720) HP 72/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | 
[0 | 0] Kimi: (420/420) HP | 42/42 EN | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |
[0 | 0] Jomei: (1216/1230) HP 128/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing | (-14 Dmg) (Bleed 2/2)
[0 | 3] Hestia: (810/810) HP | 68/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | 

Senior Thief: 0/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat) (-199 Dmg)
Senior Thief: 186/ 186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
@Teion

Teion was already feeling drained. A combination of lack of sleep, lingering anxiety, and stress all melded together to leave her with a heavy weight of exhaustion sitting on her shoulders. But just as the edge of Nimbus' safe zone entered their sights, Teion froze in place while her right arm flew up to shield her eyes from the bright light that danced around the otherwise dark plains. "What?" The woman mumbled, squinting ahead at the two silhouettes that stood before them. Their features gradually registered, and had Teion not been in the foulest of moods already the sight might have amused her. The two thieves, whose presence caused her to feel a hint of relief only after her brain acknowledged them as 'monsters', reminded her of something out of a cartoon, bringing back some memories from her childhood that had been long since forgotten in Aincrad.

Still, the woman hadn't a smile to spare. Jomei took the initiative in ending one of the bandits' lives, and Hestia was quick to draw the other's attention off of her teammate. With evenly-paced steps, Teion reached behind her and grasped Requiem's handle. She held the head of the axe off to the side, winding the heavy weapon back as its curved blade began to glow with a sky-blue light. She delivered a powerful horizontal swing just as the red-headed woman began to turn. The golden edge of Teion's axe sank into her torso, knocking the thief off of her feet. As Teion caught the weight of her own weapon after its arc, the loud-mouthed enemy crashed into the ground, breaking into fragments of light just a second later.

Spoiler

ID#: 97565 | BD 7(+3)=10 - Hit!
(15 base) + (3 charge) = (18 DMG) x (13 sword art) = (234 DMG) - (43 MIT) = 191 DMG

[0 | 0] Teion: (720/720) HP 59/72 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 REC | 
[0 | 0] Jomei: (1216/1230) HP 128/135 EN | 17 DMG | 4 EVA | 4 ACC | 2 Savvy | B. Healing | (Bleed 2/2)
[0 | 0] Hestia: (810/810) HP | 78/78 EN | 3 DMG | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 104? MIT | 28 Thorns | 24 Bleed | Regen | Recovery | 

Senior Thief: 0/186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)
Senior Thief: 0/186 HP  | 9 DMG |  43 MIT |  2 ACC | Savvy 2 | 24 Bleed (8-10 Nat)

The group arrived in Nimbus while the moon was still hanging high overhead, likely several hours before the sun would rise over the tall mountain peaks. They found the nearest inn, the quiet building being the only other place for the players to spend the night if they were not planning to split up as of yet. To Teion's dismay, and as the rest of them had made it clear, there was a lot of explaining left to do, and so neither going to bed nor parting ways seemed to be at the forefront of anyone's mind just yet.

The violette had quietly offered to pay for their rooms, and whether or not it was accepted by the rest of the party she would then move to the other side of the inn's main floor after the transactions with the always-attentive NPC were finished. In the dead of night, the inn's common areas felt all but abandoned. A fire crackled softly in the angled corner of the room, a large oil painting of the seventh floor's landscapes hanging above the brick mantle. Several large, comfortable-looking seats decorated the area around the fireplace, including a long burgundy couch that Teion took the liberty of nestling into the corner of. Her knees were folded in front of her, and the woman's hands rested loosely in front of her ankles as she sat curled up, the mess of emotion she had been feeling earlier having temporarily subsided from displaying on her facial features.

When the rest of the Holy Dragon Alliance had made themselves as comfortable as circumstances would allow, she could nearly feel the pressure on her. Just as Hestia demanded earlier, it was story-time whether she liked it or not. Teion took a second to gather her thoughts. Figure out exactly where to start. What was necessary to say, and what wasn't. But the more she tried to think about it, the messier everything became in her head. As much as she tried, she couldn't seem to iron things out under the suffocating silence. Teion stared over her knees, eyes landing on a knot in the wooden floorboards when she finally spoke up.

"I ran into that girl about a week and a half ago. I agreed to tag along with Spencer and Ryo for a quest on the fifth floor." She had wondered if the mention of their guildmates' names would've sparked any other tempers, but she hardly left any time before pushing on. "We had to camp out, and they showed up to grab me, same as this. It--It was terrifying," She admitted, swallowing once to keep her voice steady. "But, that happened once before. And I managed to figure out what it was they've wanted from me all this time." She took in a breath through her nose, already having to try a lot harder than she had expected to keep it together. "I... I got involved with someone, that they don't like. The first time anyone showed up, he--" Her grip around her legs tightened slightly as she involuntarily recalled the memory of the two hooded figures shattering before her eyes. "he saved me from them. It was... I dunno, three weeks since then? I thought it was over after that, but then she showed up. I think they want to use me as bait, to get to him. And, and now she really wants to hurt him."

Her story was messy, and out of order, and she was too focused on keeping herself calm enough to continue that she hardly bothered fixing it. "Ryo and Spencer... They wouldn't let those guys walk all over us. Even though we were completely outmatched..." For the first time since she started speaking, her eyes flickered up to Jomei's face, and a fresh pang of guilt hit her before she had even managed to get the apology out. "I--uhm, I'm sorry I got a bunch of your guild involved in all this sh*t."

"I... I don't know what else to say about it. That's, as much as I know about those guys. I don't think they've bothered anyone else since then, s-so you guys should be okay." Her voice was just as loud as it needed to be to carry over the steady crackling of the fire, and her gaze had long since dropped back to the floor. Teion's shoulders picked up half an inch into a tiny shrug, "But I'll tell you anything else you want to know about me. Just ask."

The thieves were dealt with quickly in a very clean and orderly fashion. "Well that didn't last long." Kimi said shrugging. "Wonder what those guys were up to trying to rob us. Weird monsters those ones." Kimi said towards the others in a curious and joking way. As the group shrugged off what just happened like it was a normal day occurrence. Along the way to the town Kimi found a chest "Hey any of you want to open this?" Kimi was excited, but at the same time wanted to help pick up the mood for everyone so she let them open it. It wasn't long until the group made their way into Nimbus and started on their way to somewhere relatively safe from unwanted ears and held a particular comfort. When the group settle in Teion finally lowered her guard and hoped up her walls just enough to get what needed to be said out. After Teion finished with her lengthy story Kimi had to ask, "Hmm... So who was it that saved you? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I need to know so I can help more." She was generally curious, but she wanted to know a bit more in case the information would help. "Well regardless. Teion i'm here if you need help." She said in a very calm and understanding manner. 

ID# 97630 results:

LD: 16
Finding Chest

Just as quickly as Jomei had dealt with the first of the bandits, Teion had taken out the other by dropping the weight of her axe into her body. "I'd prefer we didn't run into any more surprises that want to kill us.." the ginger said, wincing as the status effect of the female bandit's strike caused him discomfort, "Let's just get back to town." Shoving his rapier back into its scabbard, the man joined the rest of the group in their walk back towards Nimbus. With the cavernous town in sight, Jomei could feel the exhaustion taking hold of his body, due to lack of sleep. However, he knew that Teion had some things she needed to say once they had arrived, so the man pushed through his thoughts of sleep. Kimi ended up finding a chest through the darkness of night, to which Jomei walked over and kicked the lock with the toe of his boot to open it. "Hm, not too bad. Could have been a mimic." he said with a tired chuckle. 

Arriving at the first inn they could find, and upon stepping up to the inn-keeper's counter, Teion swiftly offered to pay for the rooms of the other three players as well. A bit shocked at first, the man offered a kind smile and a nod of appreciation as they made their way towards the crackling fireplace, where multiple comfortable chairs and a couch were set up. Slowly making his way over to where the other three players were now sitting, Jomei brought a hand up to un-equip the metal plates from his person, leaving him in the simplified version of his battle attire. Now feeling much more comfortable, the ginger took a seat on the opposite side of the burgundy couch with Teion, chin turning to look at her as he waited for her to start. 

The girl hesitantly began, explaining just why those two players were after her. From what Teion said, they were trying to take her as a sort of revenge for a mutual friend of the two parties, someone who had saved the violette from certain danger. It didn't take much imagination for Jomei to understand just what she meant by save. As he tried to think of the words to say, Kimi was first to speak up, asking just who this mysterious man who they were after. Jomei decided to keep his own questions and concerns for Teion's story until after he learned of this player's name. 

ID: 97631 | LD: 7
350 col
2 T1 Mats (Hestia)
2 Uncommon Consumables (Jomei)

I go along with Teion walking at a calm pace as we make our way through the mountainous plains type area. Petting Kuro gently along the way with a smile upon my face. Wanting to keep my own mind preoccupied since it seems everyone else is just fine with the silence that the environment provides the group of players. Not minding it that much myself as i chuckle as Kimi once more manages to find another chest like the queen of finding chests that she is, and Jomei managing to  open a not mimic. Seems like you're around half and half in terms of chests that you find not being mimics. i say jokingly towards Kimi with a smile on my face as we continue walking through the area until we arrive at the main settlement of Nimbus.

When they arrive it is already nighttime which isn't that bad in terms of time. With Teion leading the group towards the nearest inn right away as i follow her alongside the rest of the group.  Preferring to accomplish this quest, but focusing more so on the fact that i will get hear from Teion what the heck happened during today. Wanting to know what those bandits deals are. Ignoring the two weird ones that seemed to have the flare for the dramatic. When the group walked in i sat in a rather comfortable seat as i look towards the purple haired girl.

Right away i feel the overprotective nature kick in immediately hearing that Ryo which isn't that bad since i know he can take care of himself in some fashion. having seen the man's strength first hand, but not when compared to that girl. However, the one that really pushes my buttons being Spencer. The going to be tank that seems to be matching my build rather well. The one i wouldn't mind teaching on how to be a Paladin like build of healing and protecting. being put in danger do to whatever problems this girl brings with her in terms of these bandits. When hearing that this is all some cause because of a person she knows i narrow my eyes, and goes to ask who it is that could be the root of this problem until i hear Kimi ask who the person is. I keep my mouth closed and goes over the rest of the information. When hearing her conclusion i look at Teion. I only have two questions. Did Spencer, or Ryo get hurt in some fashion. And how did they survive against those guys? They clearly put us at a clear match just earlier. Did a lot of damage towards me, and could've killed kimi in a singular hit. So how did you even survive against them since the numbers were closer to being even, and if they were as strong as they were when you first met them they clearly outmatched you guys. I say towards the girl.

Teion recoiled the tiniest bit with the tone of Hestia's words. Her gaze lifted to meet the stern blue stare of an older sister, and she swallowed as she thought back to the second ambush in the desert. "They got Ryo first, and then me. I... I don't remember everything exactly." She admitted, skipping ahead to the pieces she could put together again. "Ryo ended up challenging that girl. But, a huge monster showed up. It gave us a chance to escape, but--" She hesitated for a second, already intimidated by Hestia's initial reaction. She had no idea how close this woman was to the purple-haired man, which only had her more hesitant to reveal any more about their...complicated relationship.

"Then he went and tried to be the hero again. Spencer and I searched for him the rest of the night. We didn't-- Nobody really got 'hurt', besides...y'know." She insinuated the toll the encounter had taken on the players' mentality.

Several seconds of silence passed after Kimi's question reached the air. She wanted to answer, but at the same time she didn't. She felt compelled, even desired, to be truthful with the other players, but at the same time she was afraid to. "Aereth. We're...seeing each other." She admitted with a small voice. There was a second of apprehension in her chest after she offered up the orange player's name. Would they chastise her the way Ryo did? Would they blame him for everything?

(OOC:Jomei, and Kimi have consented for them to be skipped to avoid half hearted posts in terms of listening.)

I listen to Teion speak as i just nod along at the beginning. as she goes into what she is saying being fine with the fact that she managed to get away relatively safely which means that the two of them have been safe during that interaction with this group. Still finding it confusing that the two who are supposedly very strong in terms of the bandits managed to be chased off by some kind of monster. Oh you knew  That calms me down as i nod my head. As long as the two didn't get hurt then that is good. Though i am surprised if that is the case since that means those bandits were weaker when you met them. It is rather frightening to think that a group like that could increase in strength in just a week and a half of time. I say wondering just how much they could improve if given more time. I then hear a name that catches my attention. "Aereth". I pause trying to remember where i had seen that as my eyes then widen remembering the where and when. Remembering looking through the list of those who had been killed on the monument of life when i went to see who this beatbox person was that itzal mentioned. Which is where i first met the Celestial Paladin for Tanks. Oh you knew Spe- You're dating a murderer!? I say in shock to the purple haired girl  cutting Kimi off as i look her in the eyes. He has single handedly killed the most people in this game according to the monument of life. Why would you be with someone like him? Don't you feel unsafe around someone that unstable!? I ask her in shock and disbelief that anybody would be near a murderer such as him.